Most Powerful Cinematic Marvel Hero to date

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
As I post this, I'm still undecided as to who I pick.

Thoughts?

Cogito
If this is Jean from X-Men 3, and she's actually trying, then she probably wins. Unless she's going up against Wolverine...

Haven't seen Ghost Rider though, and SS is a wild card.

roughrider
As I was posting this, I suddenly thought if I should have put Odin on the list. If I did the debate would be over, since he should undoubtedly be able to defeat any of them. But I considered him a background player in Thor and not actively engaged in heroics.

Bouboumaster
IMO, it's between Magneto, Hulk (Ang Lee) and Silver Surfer

ares834
Originally posted by roughrider
As I was posting this, I suddenly thought if I should have put Odin on the list. If I did the debate would be over, since he should undoubtedly be able to defeat any of them. But I considered him a background player in Thor and not actively engaged in heroics.

Odin didn't do much in the movie though. Hulk is the strongest IMO.

roughrider
Originally posted by ares834
Odin didn't do much in the movie though. Hulk is the strongest IMO.

Hulk may be the strongest, but not the most powerful. Difference there.

ares834
Fair enough. He is the most powerful as well IMO.

JakeTheBank
Surfer, Thor, and Jean are the most powerful ones, imo.

jinXed by JaNx
it should be the surfer but he didn't really do anything and actually appeared rather unimpressive. I say, Jean Grey as Phoenix easily. Then...,HULK

Newjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Surfer, Thor, and Jean are the most powerful ones, imo. I'm gonna go with this.

Badabing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Surfer, Thor, and Jean are the most powerful ones, imo. Wolverine tanked the Phoenix force. He wins. durverine

I'm voting Thor.

Newjak
Originally posted by Badabing
Wolverine tanked the Phoenix force. He wins. durverine

I'm voting Thor. True I'm going between SS and Thor

SS did have the Galactus explosion feat which seemed very awesome

DARTH POWER
Movie versions.. Have to go with Surfer.

He was drilling holes in the Earth with ease, flying from one side of the Universe to the other, could walk right through IW's forcefields, and had enough energy in him to blow up a huge cloud which was going to eat the Earth lol

GalacticStorm
1. Surfer
2. Thor
3. Phoenix

JayDaDon
If you count everything surfer did AND everything doom did with surfer's power, he looked pretty damn powerful. It's between him, jean and possibly Thor.

DARTH POWER
Lets not forget Surfer could phase through anything.. Seriously in the movies he was the most powerful one. But the real Thor would kill him wink

roughrider
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Lets not forget Surfer could phase through anything.. Seriously in the movies he was the most powerful one. But the real Thor would kill him wink

Only flaw with the movie version of Surfer, is they did give him a weakness he doesn't have in the comics, when they found how to separate him from his board - I know Dr. Doom in the comics found a way to steal his power (But I don't know how he did it.) But his control of molecular matter make it a three way race between him, Thor, and an insane Jean Grey.

DARTH POWER
Only flaw with the movie version of Surfer, is they did give him a weakness he doesn't have in the comics,

True but I think the movie did not specify the amount of force it would take to seperate Surfer from his board(and if thats even possible with Brute force alone). And I doubt movie Thor would even be aware of this weakness.

Like I said in a comic book fight I go with Thor every time. But as of now for the movie versions I will go with Surfer (though the Avengers movie and Thor 2 may change my mind).

gogogadgetgo
The only time that Thor seemed impressive was when fighting the frost giants. While everyone else was having trouble, Thor was going crazy smashing ever frost giant he comes into contact with and culminating with killing the giant frost giant beast with one shot. After that, everything was meh.

Base on his showings in the movie, Thor is quite powerful, but not impressive enough for me to say that he could take on Surfer or Jean.

As it stands, I'll have to say
1. Surfer
2 & 3. Hulk or Jean but since Jean got owned by Wolverine, which is really stupid, I'm leaning at Hulk being number 2
4. Magneto - he levitated an entire bridge for ****s sake. Nothing Thor did in the movies suggest that he had that much raw power
5. Thor
6. Prof X
7. Ghost rider
8. Storm

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
After that, everything was meh.

Iv never figured out what "meh" stands for..

2 & 3. Hulk or Jean but since Jean got owned by Wolverine, which is really stupid, I'm leaning at Hulk being number 2

She let wolverine kill her.

4. Magneto - he levitated an entire bridge for ****s sake. Nothing Thor did in the movies suggest that he had that much raw power

Movie Mags was a powerful metal telekinetic, but thats about it. Movie Thor would destroy him. Mags has no defence against Lightning, Hurricanes, or Thor's Hammer smash. Whilst Thor has defences against all Mags attacks, and even if he gets hit is durable enough to survive a powerful point blank explosion without a scratch to show for it.

We have not even seen the limits of his durability, but his physically weaker brother seemed to survive falling all the way down to Earth from Asgard.

Newjak
The only time that Thor seemed impressive was when fighting the frost giants. While everyone else was having trouble, Thor was going crazy smashing ever frost giant he comes into contact with and culminating with killing the giant frost giant beast with one shot. After that, everything was meh.

Base on his showings in the movie, Thor is quite powerful, but not impressive enough for me to say that he could take on Surfer or Jean.

As it stands, I'll have to say
1. Surfer
5. Thor
6. Prof X
7. Ghost rider
8. Storm When Thor decided to bust loose that landscape crushing attack in beginning that seemed to go on for miles and miles, I say that put him above Mags, as well as Hulk and Jean.

Surfer still has the Galactus feat so that probably puts him a little higher but Thor and Surfer are definitely tops.

Odekahn
Silver Surfer is the most powerful here.

As for Magneto, he also lifted a submarine out of the air and turned a gigantic (dish?) from who knows how far away. I would actually make him number 2.

Then Thor

Then Jean (I don't dare refer to THAT as the Phoenix)

Then Hulk (pick a version)

Ghost Rider

The others.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Newjak
When Thor decided to bust loose that landscape crushing attack in beginning that seemed to go on for miles and miles, I say that put him above Mags, as well as Hulk and Jean.

Surfer still has the Galactus feat so that probably puts him a little higher but Thor and Surfer are definitely tops.

Feats wise theres a huge gap between movie Thor and Surfer.

Also I think the Ang Lee Hulk would give movie Thor a run for his money.

JayDaDon
Yeah I'd say nobody has really topped the movie version of surfer.

DickBlazer
Galactus in ff4ss or odin

SS galactus thing was sacrifice not overpowering of big g

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Newjak
When Thor decided to bust loose that landscape crushing attack in beginning that seemed to go on for miles and miles, I say that put him above Mags, as well as Hulk and Jean.

After watching the Avengers movie ima gonna say

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor - still too underpowred to my liking but good enough
3. Hulk
4. Jean
5. Magneto
6. Professor X - just because he made it look like time stopped when he froze everyone in the museum?
7. Iron Man
8. Thing
9. Ghost Rider
10. Storm
11. everyone else

gogogadgetgo
Iv never figured out what "meh" stands for..

She let wolverine kill her.

Movie Mags was a powerful metal telekinetic, but thats about it. Movie Thor would destroy him. Mags has no defence against Lightning, Hurricanes, or Thor's Hammer smash. Whilst Thor has defences against all Mags attacks, and even if he gets hit is durable enough to survive a powerful point blank explosion without a scratch to show for it.

We have not even seen the limits of his durability, but his physically weaker brother seemed to survive falling all the way down to Earth from Asgard.

"meh" = so so, or at least thats what i meant.
after the avengers movie, Thor is now second for me, would have liked it better if he was up there with surfer but coming in second with, imo a good margin above hulk in terms of overall power, is good enough for me.

Placidity
1. Surfer

DARTH POWER
After watching the Avengers movie ima gonna say

1. Silver Surfer
2. Thor - still too underpowred to my liking but good enough
3. Hulk
4. Jean
5. Magneto
6. Professor X - just because he made it look like time stopped when he froze everyone in the museum?
7. Iron Man
8. Thing
9. Ghost Rider
10. Storm
11. everyone else

Decent list. But I would put Ghost Rider a lot higher. And Jean in X-3 might have an argument to be above Hulk, maybe even on par with Thor. Oh and Storm should be above Thing. She could just whip him up in a Tornado like Thor did to the Destroyer.

gogogadgetgo
Decent list. But I would put Ghost Rider a lot higher. And Jean in X-3 might have an argument to be above Hulk, maybe even on par with Thor. Oh and Storm should be above Thing. She could just whip him up in a Tornado like Thor did to the Destroyer.

i was contemplating weather to put Jean above hulk but thought that If logan could kill her (though she let him kill her), hulk would most likely be able to get up close and personal and splat her considering his durability and better healing factor

not sure about storm as all i could remember really was her using lightning. if she could do the tornado lift, then yeah, she'd be above thing. but i wasn't overly impressed with her in the xmen movies.

as for ghostrider, i didn't see ghostrider 2, (i got a bootleg copy and tried watching it but damn, cage sucked balls! dont get me wrong, i love cage, but as ghostrider? hellz no!!) all i went with was his first movie. cage sucked, but his feats were awesome. but still nothing he did trumped anything ironman or professor x did.

i was thinking of doom as well, he was kinda bad ass in the first movie, but the source of his power (cosmic radiation same as the ff) left a bitter taste in my mouth.

but by far, for me, the best portrayals of their powers were the x-movies. to me, the x-men were never really overpowered, which was what i liked about them. some poor saps who happen to have been cursed with powers and looked down upon by the masses. too bad they went and ruin the x-men for me by making them a damn uber powerfull team.

Placidity
i was contemplating weather to put Jean above hulk but thought that If logan could kill her (though she let him kill her), hulk would most likely be able to get up close and personal and splat her considering his durability and better healing factor

Like you said, Jean let Logan kill her. If we assume she couldn't just disintegrate him (don't see why not), she can just TK him and slam him indefinitely. TP might work too, we don't know.

not sure about storm as all i could remember really was her using lightning. if she could do the tornado lift, then yeah, she'd be above thing. but i wasn't overly impressed with her in the xmen movies.

No I wasn't impressed either. Although you could argue she is more powerful due to the large scale changes she can make to the weather at will. Hard to compare and say who is more powerful IMO.

as for ghostrider, i didn't see ghostrider 2, (i got a bootleg copy and tried watching it but damn, cage sucked balls! dont get me wrong, i love cage, but as ghostrider? hellz no!!) all i went with was his first movie. cage sucked, but his feats were awesome. but still nothing he did trumped anything ironman or professor x did.

Isn't Ghost Rider immortal? Either way, he is pretty damn powerful. He can kill people just by touching them with his chains. Since its magic, theoretically it should bypass physical durability, meaning he can take down a lot of the tougher people on the list.

i was thinking of doom as well, he was kinda bad ass in the first movie, but the source of his power (cosmic radiation same as the ff) left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Doom is badass thats for sure, but he isn't a hero. Stronger than Thing, enormous durability, and very high energy absorption and output. And thats just the Doom from the first film...

Zack Fair
Surfer.

DARTH POWER

She created multiple tornadoes in X2 when they're being chased and attacked by fighter pilots.

Digi
By feats, Surfer. By implied power, Jean. Simple as that.

Hulk > Thor in terms of movie feats, btw. And this coming from a staunch Thor >> Hulk advocate when it comes to comics.

A shame we're not including DC. But that may actually be for the better.

janus77
Surfer > Hulk > Jean > the rest.

DARTH POWER
Not sure why people are putting Hulk above Jean. She was just so damn powerful. Telepathically she may just put him to sleep. And hell she might just be able to disintegrate him!

gogogadgetgo
Not sure why people are putting Hulk above Jean. She was just so damn powerful. Telepathically she may just put him to sleep. And hell she might just be able to disintegrate him!

because she got killed by Wolverine. Sure, she let him kill her, but in the grand scheme of things, movie Hulk's durability and healing factor was infinitely greater than movie Wolverine's.

So we now go, Hulk can take everything she can toss at him like a Boss and slap her dead.

I know, not a solid argument, but that's what you get for getting killed by Wolverine.

Placidity
because she got killed by Wolverine. Sure, she let him kill her, but in the grand scheme of things, movie Hulk's durability and healing factor was infinitely greater than movie Wolverine's.

So we now go, Hulk can take everything she can toss at him like a Boss and slap her dead.

I know, not a solid argument, but that's what you get for getting killed by Wolverine.

confused

Hulk can't touch Dark Phoenix, figuratively and literally.

roughrider
I'm still not fully decided on the order. But Avengers showed very high durability feats for Thor, how much damage he can shrug off and keep figthing. And Ang Lee's Hulk may have had the most obvious feats, but Avengers Hulk looks like the best one.

And I'm not holding Wolverine's killing of Jean Grey against her; he's the only one she would let get close enough to talk with. She would have lashed molecules off of Hulk faster than he could charge, I believe. Maybe Thor as well, but he does have the ability to attack her from afar. Silver Surfer may be the only one immune to her power.

Mindship
Surfer
Magneto / Phoenix
Ang Lee Hulk / Thor

vince_slice
1. Silver Surfer
2. Phoenix Jean
3. Thor/Hulk

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Placidity
confused

Hulk can't touch Dark Phoenix, figuratively and literally.

well, the argument would be that Wolverine survived it, why not hulk?

counter argument would be - she let him kill her

but - Wolverine was taking damage and was healing just fine

hulk durability and healing factor >>> wolverine's

that gives us reason to believe that hulk would splat jean. stick out tongue

not a very compelling argument like i said, but still, movie jean sucked and got killed just like that.

and yes, i'm biased coz the x-movies made cyclopes into a fracking sissy pants! not cool!

roughrider
well, the argument would be that Wolverine survived it, why not hulk?

counter argument would be - she let him kill her

but - Wolverine was taking damage and was healing just fine

hulk durability and healing factor >>> wolverine's

that gives us reason to believe that hulk would splat jean. stick out tongue

not a very compelling argument like i said, but still, movie jean sucked and got killed just like that.

and yes, i'm biased coz the x-movies made cyclopes into a fracking sissy pants! not cool!

Jean allowed Logan to get close because she wanted to talk to him (and subconsciously, for him to kill her. ) Everyone else would get disintegrated.

gogogadgetgo
Jean allowed Logan to get close because she wanted to talk to him (and subconsciously, for him to kill her. ) Everyone else would get disintegrated.

um, nope. don't care if she gave him a perfume scented personal invitation to get up close and personal. fact is, she got owned by wolverine.

and only reason he got close was his healing factor. without it, he'd be dead. so as it stands, hulk durability and healing factor and massive strength and speed makes him >>> wolverine > jean

stick out tongue

DTM
Im in the camp of Jean letting Logan kill her, and such a thing wouldnt happen if she were fighting anyone else.

DARTH POWER
um, nope. don't care if she gave him a perfume scented personal invitation to get up close and personal. fact is, she got owned by wolverine.

and only reason he got close was his healing factor. without it, he'd be dead. so as it stands, hulk durability and healing factor and massive strength and speed makes him >>> wolverine > jean

stick out tongue

Fact is her TK was far far greater than Magnetos. Since Magneto can toss Wolverine all over the place, it's pretty damn clear Jean allowed Logan to walk up to her and Stab her.

gogogadgetgo
Fact is her TK was far far greater than Magnetos. Since Magneto can toss Wolverine all over the place, it's pretty damn clear Jean allowed Logan to walk up to her and Stab her.

yup, and she got stabbed dead stick out tongue

in my book, that drops her a gazillion places down in ranking. movie jean should be grateful that i still rank her at 4 (or 3) laughing

roughrider
yup, and she got stabbed dead stick out tongue

Thank you for agreeing Jean allowed Logan to walk up to her.
You can go back to the kiddie table now. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.