Immortal Hercules vs... Classic Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
The Lion of Olympus has his Golden Mace; Thor has Mjolnir but none of its exotic abilities....

who wins?

carver9
Herc but with powers included, Thor.

zopzop
Thor, with or without "exotic" powers.

Quick question, do yo consider Thor/Mjolnir's weather manip powers as "exotic"? Cause if no, then Thor stomps.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Split on average.

Originally posted by carver9
Herc

no

Colossus-Big C
Split

leonidas
if thor's using the hammer as herc uses the mace, he'd def take some, maybe a split. normally thor+hammer are just too versatile though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Maybe a split?

leonidas
absolutely if thor's using the hammer as just a club.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor definitely gets 50 of the wins I don't think it's debatable.

leonidas
out of 100 i agree. big grin

carver9
I just keep picture Herc showing against Hulk. He was working Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by leonidas
out of 100 i agree. big grin

As long as you don't think Hercules wins the majority then we're cool.

Originally posted by carver9
I just keep picture Herc showing against Hulk. He was working Hulk.

So it that why you think he wins despite history indicating that you're wrong?

It was a good example of skill over strength, but Thor isn't Hulk. On the best day Hercules has ever had, his only slightly superior to the Odinson in unarmed combat. At his best, the Odinson holds his own advantages.

leonidas
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
As long as you don't think Hercules wins the majority then we're cool.

laughing out loud

whew.....

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

whew.....

You dodged a real bullet there but you best watch your step.

Regarding the fight, is Thor limited to using Mjolnir only as a club or can he get creative and spin it etc.?

Stoic
Thor 6-7/10

Sin I AM
no just as a mallet...no flight, no bfr, no soul suck, no god blast( even though he wouldnt get it off in a forum battle0 etc........imo sans mjolnir they are interchangeable

PillarofOsiris
If Thor has his hammer in the fight, I can't see how he even loses once.

If Thor doesn't use his hammer, and Thor doesn't fight like an idiot, Thor still wins 9/10, IMO.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris

If Thor doesn't use his hammer, and Thor doesn't fight like an idiot, Thor still wins 9/10, IMO.

u see thor as that much greater than herc?

Colossus-Big C

If Thor doesn't use his hammer, and Thor doesn't fight like an idiot, Thor still wins 9/10, IMO. do you read thor comics? if you did you would know everytime they fight it was stalemate

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
do you read thor comics? if you did you would know everytime they fight it was stalemate

Did you know Spiderman has a winning record over the Hulk if we go by fights between the two? If we're basing everything on fights I can make some REALLY ridiculous claims over who would beat who.

Did you know Thor 98% of the time fights like a complete moron who doesn't even remember 199 of his 200 powers? Have you seen how much different Thor and Hercules are treated when you compare common enemies? And if you want to start comparing feats we can go that way too.

Sin I AM
Did you know Spiderman has a winning record over the Hulk if we go by fights between the two? If we're basing everything on fights I can make some REALLY ridiculous claims over who would beat who.

Did you know Thor 98% of the time fights like a complete moron who doesn't even remember 199 of his 200 powers? Have you seen how much different Thor and Hercules are treated when you compare common enemies? And if you want to start comparing feats we can go that way too.

thats only due to mjolnir....without it they are equal, with herc having an edge in h2h

Rage.Of.Olympus
If we want to go with the more extreme showings, Hercules might have a skill edge but Thor's stat edge trumps it.

Horrificus
laughing out loud

whew..... Ha! "Condescending" is funny. wink

JakeTheBank
Thor.

abhilegend
Thor.

Colossus-Big C
People are picking thor why?
It is a split.
Both are equally as strong skilled so why are people saying thor wins???

Colossus-Big C

Did you know Thor 98% of the time fights like a complete moron who doesn't even remember 199 of his 200 powers? Have you seen how much different Thor and Hercules are treated when you compare common enemies? And if you want to start comparing feats we can go that way too. What powers??? This is purely physical combat!!

JakeTheBank
Because Thor has better striking feats with Mjolnir than Hercules has with his mace.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Because Thor has better striking feats with Mjolnir than Hercules has with his mace. It really doesnt matter since

1. It doesnt necceraily mean he can strike harder than hercules because hercules hardly uses the mace but whaever
2. Both the mace and mljonir will most often hit each other in this fight causing damage to no one.
3. I believe they fought like this in comics and stalemated
4. Only the second fight is with weapons

Rage.Of.Olympus
Mjolnir can definitely strike with far greater force than his Adamantine mace but I'm assuming Thor approaches this fight as he usually would in the comics. Meaning he wouldn't even use Mjolnir as a throwing weapon (Which in itself is enough to give him the win) and so on.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/1900/thorvshercules14.jpg

He'd bring himself down to Hercules' level which should make this a split generally.

JakeTheBank
It really doesnt matter since

1. It doesnt necceraily mean he can strike harder than hercules because hercules hardly uses the mace but whaever
2. Both the mace and mljonir will most often hit each other in this fight causing damage to no one.
3. I believe they fought like this in comics and stalemated
4. Only the second fight is with weapons

Well...

1. It does matter since via feats, Mjolnir > Adamantine mace in terms of destructive capabilities. Hercules not having the feats doesn't mean he gets the benefit of the doubt as his weapon is decidedly more inferior than Mjolnir.

2. Mjolnir will mess Hercules up more than Herc's mace would mess Thor up if they were to trade blows with one another.

3. K. Thor still has the better feats with Mjolnir, even with only melee feats allowed.

4. K. Thor has overall better feats than Hercules, so...

Colossus-Big C
I dont get it, they stalemate in comics but somehow thor is superior via feats??
but they stalemated in comics.

I guess silver surfer> thor based on superior feats regardless of there fights.

iceman24567
Thor does have better feats overall and physically he's above Herc

Rage.Of.Olympus
I dont get it, they stalemate in comics but somehow thor is superior via feats??

Thor is superior. Like I said, this should be a split but make no mistake, it's only like this because Thor brings himself down to Hercules' level.

I'd love to see you prove that.

JakeTheBank

What's not to get?

Thor has a vastly superior resume than Hercules when you take into account his entire history of feats. Yes, Hercules has battled Thor to a draw more than once and even got the edge in H2H in Blood Oath - the only time I can remember that specifically mentions Hercules being superior to Thor if only just in that arena - but Thor also fights down to Hercules' level (ie. brawling and using only melee tactics).

You'd be wrong that Surfer > Thor, anyway.

Colossus-Big C
What's not to get?

Thor has a vastly superior resume than Hercules when you take into account his entire history of feats. Yes, Hercules has battled Thor to a draw more than once and even got the edge in H2H in Blood Oath - the only time I can remember that specifically mentions Hercules being superior to Thor if only just in that arena - but Thor also fights down to Hercules' level (ie. brawling and using only melee tactics).

You'd be wrong that Surfer > Thor, anyway. Why would i be wrong when im using the same logic you are using?

JakeTheBank
Why would i be wrong when im using the same logic you are using?

Because Surfer isn't > Thor.

stan5677
Split maybe a slight edge to herc

OneDumbG0
Did you know Spiderman has a winning record over the Hulk if we go by fights between the two? If we're basing everything on fights I can make some REALLY ridiculous claims over who would beat who. Spider-Man does not have a winning record over Hulk by any measure.

Colossus-Big C
Because Surfer isn't > Thor. but thats the logic you are using to prove thor>herc
thor has better feats, despite there fights

so silver surfer>thor because surfer has better feats, despite there fights. if this is wrong then your logic is flawed so stop using it.

iceman24567
but thats the logic you are using to prove thor>herc

so silver surfer>thor because surfer has better feats, despite there fights. if this is wrong then your logic is flawed so stop using it. The gap between Herc and Thor is greater than the gap between Thor and Surfer thats just common sense

Colossus-Big C
so? im just proving that his logic is flawed.

iceman24567
so? im just proving that his logic is flawed. It isn't really erm.

Colossus-Big C
yes it is.
his logic is that character A > character B , because character A has better feats, despite there fights disproving that

by the same logic odin>galactus because odin has better feats, despite there fight disproving that.

iceman24567
yes it is.
his logic is that character A > character B , because character A has better feats, despite there fights disproving that

by the same logic odin>galactus because odin has better feats, despite there fight disproving that. Nah you are thinking of it too simplitically not sure why no expression

Colossus-Big C
because that was his logic.

iceman24567
because that was his logic. No i doubt his logic is so simple why don't you let him speak for him self you ebully

JakeTheBank
but thats the logic you are using to prove thor>herc

so silver surfer>thor because surfer has better feats, despite there fights. if this is wrong then your logic is flawed so stop using it.

no expression

Surfer doesn't have better feats, though. At best, he's more versatile than Thor and has access to a wider range of abilities. Doesn't make him more powerful than Thor (which he's not).

Thor and Surfer are closer in power than Thor and Hercules are.

Stop being thickheaded if at all possible.

Sin I AM
I agree with Colossus-Big C, greater feats does not make Thor superior when during each encounter they stalemate.

Besides for this fight Thor does not have access to flight, magical boomerang hammer throws, lightning enhanced strikes..he uses it simply as a club

Silent Master
Shall I apply that logic to Slade and the Flash, seeing as every-time they've fought, Slade has been able to tag him?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Silent Master
Shall I apply that logic to Slade and the Flash, seeing as every-time they've fought, Slade has been able to tag him?

thats just shitty writing. All im saying that without Mjolnirs exotic abilities they are interchangeable, and u would be unable to prove otherwise

Silent Master
Other than Thor still having better feats, right?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thats just shitty writing. All im saying that without Mjolnirs exotic abilities they are interchangeable, and u would be unable to prove otherwise Thats ridiculous Thor has a better track record he's beaten more powerful people and even without his hammer he's still the god of thunder. Going by both characters histories Thor is undoubtedly superior he even holds back against Herc erm

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thats ridiculous Thor has a better track record he's beaten more powerful people and even without his hammer he's still the god of thunder. Going by both characters histories Thor is undoubtedly superior he even holds back against Herc erm

OMG reading comprehension must have been tough for u. He does not have access to his other abilities. He can only use mjolnir as a club. What feats sans mjolnir prove that he is superior to Hercules? And your outright trolling with the holding back bull...its never been stated that he does this

iceman24567
OMG reading comprehension must have been tough for u. He does not have access to his other abilities. He can only use mjolnir as a club. What feats sans mjolnir prove that he is superior to Hercules? And your outright trolling with the holding back bull...its never been stated that he does this Not understanding comics must be a female thing. Thor himself has innate godly abilities he doesn't need the hammers to use them now if you wanted it to be a strictly melee fight you should have said so sad. Thor has stated he holds back several times he mentioned holding back against Herc in their 2nd encounter i posted the scans several times so how am i trolling?

vince_slice
Not understanding comics must be a female thing. Thor himself has innate godly abilities he doesn't need the hammers to use them now if you wanted it to be a strictly melee fight you should have said so sad.

Actually it says so right in the OP no use of "exotic abilities". I liked your sexist comment though, but I guess not being able to read must be an iceman thing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by vince_slice
Actually it says so right in the OP no use of "exotic abilities". I liked your sexist comment though, but I guess not being able to read must be an iceman thing. Iceman rarely debates so when he does he usually puts his foot in his mouth. This is why he rarely debates.

Sin I AM
Not understanding comics must be a female thing. Thor himself has innate godly abilities he doesn't need the hammers to use them now if you wanted it to be a strictly melee fight you should have said so sad. Thor has stated he holds back several times he mentioned holding back against Herc in their 2nd encounter i posted the scans several times so how am i trolling?

Ah the female thing very clever wink . I mentioned in the OP no exotic abilities; that should have implied NO EXOTIC ABILITIES. Maybe next time i should just break it down Barney style in order for you to grasp the concept.

Immortal Hercules also has innate godly energies so what exactly are you trying to say? And stating that he's "holding back" and actually showing superiority in a match is a very different thing. hyperbole much

iceman24567
Originally posted by vince_slice
Actually it says so right in the OP no use of "exotic abilities". I liked your sexist comment though, but I guess not being able to read must be an iceman thing. No it says no exotics using his hammer. I guess not knowing your place is a Canadian thing erm

iceman24567
The Lion of Olympus has his Golden Mace; Thor has Mjolnir but none of its exotic abilities....

who wins? None of ITS exotic abilities was i the only one who graduated primary school?

iceman24567
Ah the female thing very clever wink . I mentioned in the OP no exotic abilities; that should have implied NO EXOTIC ABILITIES. Maybe next time i should just break it down Barney style in order for you to grasp the concept.

Immortal Hercules also has innate godly energies so what exactly are you trying to say? And stating that he's "holding back" and actually showing superiority in a match is a very different thing. hyperbole much In Thors case he held back on a otherwise deadly blow so it wasn't really hyperbole lady

iceman24567
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Thor-1.jpgMace vs hammer non Holding back Thor would have won

Sin I AM
None of ITS exotic abilities was i the only one who graduated primary school?

no just as a mallet...no flight, no bfr, no soul suck, no god blast( even though he wouldnt get it off in a forum battle) etc........imo sans mjolnir they are interchangeable

iceman24567
See thats all you had to do chicks always being do difficult thats why my right hand gets more respect and love

Sin I AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/Thor-1.jpg

do u have the entire fight?

iceman24567
do u have the entire fight? I can barely remember the entire fight but i will look for it just for you pretty lady

quanchi112
No it says no exotics using his hammer. I guess not knowing your place is a Canadian thing erm Wow.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not understanding comics must be a female thing.
I guess not knowing your place is a Canadian thing erm

I laffed.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I laffed. I was jokng with Sin shes a good sport but that other dude deserved it shrug*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.