Rank Strength Levels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
Rank strongest to weakest based on average strength showings.

Hercules
Abomination
Rulk
Namor
Rhino
Thing
Sasquatch
Colossus
Strong Guy
Wonder Man
Super Skrull
Beta Ray Bill
Terrax

JakeTheBank
Hercules > Others.

carver9
Originally posted by Supermutant

Hercules
Abomination
Rulk
Namor
Rhino
Thing
Sasquatch
Colossus
Strong Guy
Wonder Man
Super Skrull
Beta Ray Bill
Terrax

Beta Ray Bill
Rulk=Colossus (Current)=Herc
Namor=Terrax
Wonderman
Abomination
Sasquash
Rhino
Super Skrull=Thing
Strong Guy

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hercules > Others.

laughing

NO.

Top 3(or 4) :
BRB
Hercules
Wonderman/Terrax (amping with the Power Cosmic)

After that it don't even matter.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
laughing

NO.

Top 3(or 4) :
BRB
Hercules
Wonderman/Terrax (amping with the Power Cosmic)

After that it don't even matter.

I'd say, on the average, Hercules has the best strength feats of this list. Bill's best strength feats are striking ones, typically associated with Stormbreaker, and I'd definitely favor him over Herc in a fight and acknowledge him being more powerful than Herc, but in terms of pure strength, Hercules' feats are better.

Respect the Prince of Power. smile

zopzop
Respect the Prince of Power. smile

Nevah! evil face

How can I respect a guy that's considered a joke by his own comic company? He reminds me of 90s She-Hulk. Just there for comedy relief.

Colossus-Big C
hercules wrecked wonder man in physical combat. Thats not up for debate.

Horrificus

Hercules
Abomination
Rulk
Namor
Rhino
Thing
Sasquatch
Colossus
Strong Guy
Wonder Man
Super Skrull
Beta Ray Bill
Terrax Ha! Smart. I see you have avoided the "Hulk" and "Thor" factors in the interest of Forum Peace.
group

Not all of them have had actual "strength" showings. Or, are you talking about combat feats as well?
Anyway, just brute strength, probably
Herc
Abom
BRB
WM

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
hercules wrecked wonder man in physical combat. Thats not up for debate.

That was idiocy!

Simon should be able to KO Hercules one on one.

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
That was idiocy!

You know how Batman and other S Tier characters have jobber auras? Well Herc has something similar despite the fact that he's a joke. It has no official name as of yet but I call it the "Jester Aura". Basically Herc is a joke character, somewhat like Deadpool or Slapstick, and his appearances aren't meant to be taken seriously. When he shows up, it's comic relief time.

Horrificus
That was idiocy!

Simon should be able to KO Hercules one on one. Avengers 211 has Herc stating that Simon's strength rivals Thor's, after they beat on each other.

Parmaniac
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/54136/1552489-mu_strength_chart___1981__as_annual_15__large.jpg
smile

CosmicComet
Iron Man. Stronger than Surfer.

lulz.

ColossusGrundy
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/54136/1552489-mu_strength_chart___1981__as_annual_15__large.jpg
smile

Nice old art, but that is so out of date it's not even funny ha.

Half of that doesn't even match anymore.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Nice old art, but that is so out of date it's not even funny ha.

Half of that doesn't even match anymore. I know and I think it gives a nice impression that characters change over the years not only in strength.

carver9
They did Surfer wrong in those scans. They thought really high of Ironman back then...his fts back then was top tier.

JakeTheBank
Nevah! evil face

How can I respect a guy that's considered a joke by his own comic company? He reminds me of 90s She-Hulk. Just there for comedy relief.

Hercules was intended as a light hearted foil to Thor, who was usually pretty serious. That doesn't make him any less powerful or skilled. His feats are still the overall most impressive of those on this list when it comes to pure strength.

That was idiocy!

Why? Because you think he should?

Simon's only saving grace is his speed and flight, and even then, Hercules would merc him in close quarters.

You know how Batman and other S Tier characters have jobber auras? Well Herc has something similar despite the fact that he's a joke. It has no official name as of yet but I call it the "Jester Aura". Basically Herc is a joke character, somewhat like Deadpool or Slapstick, and his appearances aren't meant to be taken seriously. When he shows up, it's comic relief time.

Not really, no. He's consistently able to fight people such as Thor and Hulk on even ground when it comes to pure strength and melee. Nothing really joke worthy about that.

zopzop
Not really, no. He's consistently able to fight people such as Thor and Hulk on even ground when it comes to pure strength and melee. Nothing really joke worthy about that.

Oh yes he is. Kicking Sentry in the nuts and spouting off moronic one liners or using the "canon ball" special to hurl Namorita (?) into Atlas' crotch are just some of the idiotic things he's done. He's a joke character.

JakeTheBank
Oh yes he is. Kicking Sentry in the nuts and spouting off moronic one liners or using the "canon ball" special to hurl Namorita (?) into Atlas' crotch are just some of the idiotic things he's done. He's a joke character.

He's a mostly light hearted character with a tendency for comedic moments, but that doesn't invalidate how powerful and formidable he is.

Supermutant
Originally posted by Horrificus
Ha! Smart. I see you have avoided the "Hulk" and "Thor" factors in the interest of Forum Peace.
group

And Classic Juggernaut

Combat feats and actual strength showings.

rotiart
Was that during the time surfer was vastly depowered while on earth?

Horrificus
Originally posted by rotiart
Was that during the time surfer was vastly depowered while on earth? Yup.

LordofBrooklyn

Why? Because you think he should?

Simon's only saving grace is his speed and flight, and even then, Hercules would merc him in close quarters.

My thinking so should be enough cool but I am basing it on Simon's performance against top tier characters.

Thor was so desperate against him that he had to charge the hammer up for a final strike rather than risk being KO'd by him.

The Abomination when he was considered Hulk's superior in base strength couldn't put down Simon.

Colossus-Big C
herc>simon.

Stoic
Rulk
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Colossus (current)
Terrax (amplified)
Abomination
Wonder Man
Sasquatch
Namor
Super Skrull
Thing
Strong Guy
Rhino

JakeTheBank
My thinking so should be enough cool but I am basing it on Simon's performance against top tier characters.

Thor was so desperate against him that he had to charge the hammer up for a final strike rather than risk being KO'd by him.

The Abomination when he was considered Hulk's superior in base strength couldn't put down Simon.

And Hercules performance against top tier characters doesn't count?

Simon already tried to prove he was in Thor's class physically. And he kinda failed to do that. Hercules on the other hand, never had to struggle to prove that.

At best, Simon might have some overall better durability feats due to his ionic form, but when it comes to sheer strength, Hercules has him beat, which is what this thread is all about.

juggernaut74
Colossus
Rulk
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill
Abomination
Terrax
Namor
Wonder Man
Strong Guy
Thing
Sasquatch
Rhino

Digi
I know and I think it gives a nice impression that characters change over the years not only in strength.

thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus

Simon knocking out Hercules is far from a sure thimg. I could see him winning on a good day (Not far off in strength, as durable, and has flight, speed etc. on his side) but Hercules taking him out is a real possibility. It's probably the likely outcome nowadays.

Desperate? Exaggeration but it was probably Simon's best showing like ever. The implication was that Simon has the edge over Thor strength wise (At least over a regular day Thor) but that's more of an outlier than Spider-Man knocking out Firelord.

By base, you mean a calm state right?

leonidas
At best, Simon might have some overall better durability feats due to his ionic form, but when it comes to sheer strength, Hercules has him beat, which is what this thread is all about.

pretty much, though i would doubt his durability is any better tahn herc's. simon would put up a good fight, like he would against any top tier brick, but herc takes him for the heavy majority after extended battles imo.

colossulrage
smile
There is NO WAY Luke Cage and Spiderman should be where they are on that list.LMAO

Q99
What's... Iron Man doing in the super-heavies? Above Namor?

And yes, Spidey's too high too.

Parmaniac
That list is from 1981

Naija boy
Smh.......surfer in supermediumweight. Travesty

Rage.Of.Olympus
That list is alright although it needs some tweaking. Regarding Iron Man, like he says in the text bubble itself, with a large enough power source he's in that class for a few moments, which is true. Surfer can amp as well yet they don't seem to be taking that into account.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Simon knocking out Hercules is far from a sure thimg. I could see him winning on a good day (Not far off in strength, as durable, and has flight, speed etc. on his side) but Hercules taking him out is a real possibility. It's probably the likely outcome nowadays.

Desperate? Exaggeration but it was probably Simon's best showing like ever. The implication was that Simon has the edge over Thor strength wise (At least over a regular day Thor) but that's more of an outlier than Spider-Man knocking out Firelord.

By base, you mean a calm state right?

Desperate isn't an exaggeration? IIRC Simon just knocked Thor several feet away and Thor had to charge the hammer before Simon reached him. Now for a character that routinely brawls with the Hulk out of pride rather than just use mjolnir that is saying something.

I do mean Hulk's calm state as his base level.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Desperate isn't an exaggeration? IIRC Simon just knocked Thor several feet away and Thor had to charge the hammer before Simon reached him. Now for a character that routinely brawls with the Hulk out of pride rather than just use mjolnir that is saying something.

I do mean Hulk's calm state as his base level.

It is.

He used Mjolnir to claim his power edge. The implication of that fight was that Simon has the edge in raw strength over regular Thor but I'm not taking it any further. That in itself by the way is a laughable notion. It's like Wonder Woman being stronger than Superman. F*cking fanboy writers.

He wasn't fighting Mangog, desperation is an exaggeration.

-Pr-
Colossus in the same tier as Spider-Man? Really.

nwg202
hmm.. if we go by lifting feats i think Herc has this. But if we go by blitzing and pushing, i don't think anyone here can physically stop Colossus. He is supposed to be literally unstoppable in a forward motion..pushing kuurth back and kuurth being thrown like a rag doll at 600 mph is no joke and slamming the giant phalanx to the ground was impressive too.

Herc, Colossus, BRB and Rulk should be generally be in the same class...In physical brawl with out any teleportation or energy blasts or flight, I don't see anyone stopping Colossus. Although part of that is due to his regen and unlimited endurance so it's not all strength based

Damborgson
smile thats not to bad. Except for Luke and Surfer.

h1a8

Hercules
Abomination
Rulk
Namor
Rhino
Thing
Sasquatch
Colossus
Strong Guy
Wonder Man
Super Skrull
Beta Ray Bill
Terrax

Rulk
Hercules
Beta Ray Bill=Terrax
Wonder Man
Namor (fully hydrated)
Abomination
Sasquatch
Colossus
Thing=Super Skrull
Strong Guy
Rhino

Stoic
Originally posted by Damborgson
thats not to bad. Except for Luke and Surfer.

And Wolverine, Moon Knight, Captain America, are in the wrong spots, because Kazar isn't stronger than they are. Thundra is nowhere near as strong as She Hulk. Vision is way too high on the polls. The whole list is a mess.

nwg202
which colossus is this? current colossus or classic colossus?

Horrificus
Originally posted by nwg202
which colossus is this? current colossus or classic colossus? It's classic Colossus. If I am remembering my old comics correctly, Marvel always made sure it was clear at the time that he was just a kid and would probably get more powerful as he matured.
Even when he was part of that whole "Champion" debacle, he was shown to be kind of scared, but had a lot of heart for stepping in the ring.

Newjak
In my opinion the top 3 are

Herc, Colossus as Juggernaut, BRB

Going by feats Herc is slightly stronger than everyone else here, altough my Juggernaut bias would say he is at least his equal possibly stronger if need because his power can also be dynamic at times like Hulk

h1a8
Originally posted by Newjak
In my opinion the top 3 are

Herc, Colossus as Juggernaut, BRB

Going by feats Herc is slightly stronger than everyone else here, altough my Juggernaut bias would say he is at least his equal possibly stronger if need because his power can also be dynamic at times like Hulk Juggs is not in the list.
Colossus is nowhere near high herald level strength. Juggs do deserve a nod simply by his battles with Hulk (especially WWH).

nwg202
Originally posted by h1a8
Juggs is not in the list.
Colossus is nowhere near high herald level strength. Juggs do deserve a nod simply by his battles with Hulk (especially WWH).

Colossus pushed and threw kuurth around. rulk got owned by worthy thing. they are facing each other soon in avx. current Colossus can definately hang with Herc, Bill and Rulk. I don't think any of those 3 can stop Colossus from moving forward. Only Thor and Colossus held their own one on one against the worthy. Even the surfer needed help against the worthy. (PIS i know) putting current Colossus below namor and wonderman is just weird.

Stoic
Colossus pushed and threw kuurth around. rulk got owned by worthy thing. they are facing each other soon in avx. current Colossus can definately hang with Herc, Bill and Rulk. I don't think any of those 3 can stop Colossus from moving forward. Only Thor and Colossus held their own one on one against the worthy. Even the surfer needed help against the worthy. (PIS i know) putting current Colossus below namor and wonderman is just weird.

Does durability, mystical or otherwise equate to strength, or being stronger in all cases?

Existere
Originally posted by -Pr-
Colossus in the same tier as Spider-Man? Really. And only one tier above f*cking Tigra.

Lawlz.

Horrificus
First of all, I am one of the people who read the book and did NOT think that Colossus did that well.
Second, from what we have seen with Cain and Cytorrak, it seems that having a "good heart" can actually keep a guy from really getting all the benefits that are offered by being a Juggernaut.
Unless Piotr goes nuts or Cytorrak becomes "loving", they are really going to have to write some serious "crap" to make Collossus a top-level Juggernaut.

nwg202
First of all, I am one of the people who read the book and did NOT think that Colossus did that well.
Second, from what we have seen with Cain and Cytorrak, it seems that having a "good heart" can actually keep a guy from really getting all the benefits that are offered by being a Juggernaut.
Unless Piotr goes nuts or Cytorrak becomes "loving", they are really going to have to write some serious "crap" to make Collossus a top-level Juggernaut.

So you think herc, namor and wonderman would have done a lot better agianst a hammer weilding Serpent powered Kuurth? Rulk got his ass handed to him by Angrir. Namor had strange and surfer with him when he was taking on attuma...Most of the worthy took on multiple teams of heroes. Colossus has had one major fight and it was one on one vs worthy juggernaut. he's going up aginst rulk next...so we shall see what happens.

nwg202
Originally posted by Stoic
Does durability, mystical or otherwise equate to strength, or being stronger in all cases?

i know that's why i said in an earlier post, going by lifting feats I'm going with Herc. but by blitzing and pushing and running over people, I'm going with Colossus. Over all power and versatilty BRB of course. but i'd put rulk,colossus, herc and brb all in the same general strength level. hard to decide who is really the strongest.

if this was a bench press competition i'd go with herc, if this was a cage match I'd go with Colossus or Rulk.(regen will help a lot here) If this was a real fight with no rules i'd go with BRB cause of his hammer and flight. so i guess its herc in the pure strength department.

Horrificus
So you think herc, namor and wonderman would have done a lot better agianst a hammer weilding Serpent powered Kuurth? Rulk got his ass handed to him by Angrir. Namor had strange and surfer with him when he was taking on attuma...Most of the worthy took on multiple teams of heroes. Colossus has had one major fight and it was one on one vs worthy juggernaut. he's going up aginst rulk next...so we shall see what happens. I wouldn't say that they would have done better than Colossus did. But, I do think that Cain would have.
It seemed like Colossus was able to utilize the "Unstoppable" aspect of Juggernaut's power, but the "Invulnerability" part of it was definitely missing. And, that is an important part.
And, it's good for continuity that he was not able to take advantage of all that power. Maybe for once, a writer has actually read the comics.
He was more like a battering ram that kept getting pushed forward, regardless of what was happening to him. It was NOT a good fight for Colossus.
And, even though he kept going forward, he was not really inflicting any damage. So, the whole Juggernaut Strength thing is in question as well.
I think that Herc, Namor or Wonder man would be able to inflict harm on Colossonaut. Whether they can defeat him or not, I'm not sure. But, he is no Cain Marko Juggernaut.

Dum Dum Dugan
If were talking Jugg colossus then he likely in the right spot on many peoples list. But if that is normal colossus there is no way in hell he should be above Thing let a lone several spots above thing.

just wanted to make that clear because seems like some people arnt even using jugg colossus and still putting colossus crazy high which is not supported by feats.

Newjak
I'm using Jugg Colossus

Dum Dum Dugan
I'm using Jugg Colossus
Yea I knew that u said it in ur post. Couple people however did not make if clear they were using jugg colossus. To be honest i dont think they were. Colossus is one of the most overrated character in terms of assumption people make of his power level when compared to his actual showings.

janus77
I'm using Jugg Colossus
Are you sure that's not Colossus' Juggs?

He should either be called Colostomy bag or Colossal Juggs!

Newjak
Originally posted by janus77
Are you sure that's not Colossus' Juggs?

He should either be called Colostomy bag or Colossal Juggs! Or the Colossanaut

nwg202
I wouldn't say that they would have done better than Colossus did. But, I do think that Cain would have.
It seemed like Colossus was able to utilize the "Unstoppable" aspect of Juggernaut's power, but the "Invulnerability" part of it was definitely missing. And, that is an important part.
And, it's good for continuity that he was not able to take advantage of all that power. Maybe for once, a writer has actually read the comics.
He was more like a battering ram that kept getting pushed forward, regardless of what was happening to him. It was NOT a good fight for Colossus.
And, even though he kept going forward, he was not really inflicting any damage. So, the whole Juggernaut Strength thing is in question as well.
I think that Herc, Namor or Wonder man would be able to inflict harm on Colossonaut. Whether they can defeat him or not, I'm not sure. But, he is no Cain Marko Juggernaut.

Well, kieron gillen stated that he had the full power of the juggernaut stacked up on top of his original powers. But I agree, so far herc would definatley be able to harm him, but he has hulk like regen. He was totally fine after the fight w/ kuurth. So harming him and putting him down are totally different scenarios. We still don't know what it takes to k.o. him kuurth couldnt do it. We will see if rulk can.

I don't think he will ever get Cain's force field, cain himself rarely used it. Cain fighting world war hulk had his helmet dented too. Colossus himself has ripped that helmet off. Shartter star poked cain's eyes out and a teenage colossus was able to put him on his ass. ( he didn't beat him of course) so i don't think modern writers will write someone who cant get hurt at all.

So I don't think you will see Colossus completely invulnerable, hell everyone gets harmed now. Especially since he is in a team book and is a hero. You wont see him go crazy like hulk and take on several teams of heroes, if he turns into a villain or goes to the darkside or gets a solo title i am sure the feats will ramp up.

juggernaut74
Did Marvel officially change Colossus' name or something? He's still Colossus is he not?

Horrificus
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Did Marvel officially change Colossus' name or something? He's still Colossus is he not? Well, "Colossus Juggernaut" definitely rolls off the tongue!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.