Superman vs Fear Itself Absorbing man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

leonidas
speed would still be an issue, but i think kal would def have his hands full in this one.

JakeTheBank
I think Kal might actually lose to Creel the first time around.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Agreed. Kal's first instinct is almost certainly going to be to punch Creel and once that happens, it's basically over. Not only will he have Superman's powers, he'll also have all the powers of the Serpents hammer (Teleportation, energy projection etc.) and the ability to absorb more properties. The increased intelligence Creel possesses won't make the battle any easier.

With the general knowledge rule, I guess he might go about it a different route but knowing comic characters, he won't. Patience and intelligence is the key to victory here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Agreed. Kal's first instinct is almost certainly going to be to punch Creel and once that happens, it's basically over. Not only will he have Superman's powers, he'll also have all the powers of the Serpents hammer (Teleportation, energy projection etc.) and the ability to absorb more properties. The increased intelligence Creel possesses won't make the battle any easier.

With the general knowledge rule, I guess he might go about it a different route but knowing comic characters, he won't. Patience and intelligence is the key to victory here.
Funny how kal defeated Earth-man with the power of entire legion with one punch. But I don't know anything about this version of creel because I didn't read any thing related to craptacular Fear Itself. How was creel defeated and what did he do?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Funny how kal defeated Earth-man with the power of entire legion with one punch. But I don't know anything about this version of creel because I didn't read any thing related to craptacular Fear Itself. How was creel defeated and what did he do?

Once they make contact, which is almost certainly going to happen, Creel will have Clark's abilities added to his own. He was the regular Absorbing Man -on a good day though- except with an enchanted hammer and increased intelligence.

Never really defeated, they battle removed him momentarily using an Infinity door but then he had to go to the Serpent's side. Basically went around absorbing shit, beat up Pym and his team some.

abhilegend
Once they make contact, which is almost certainly going to happen, Creel will have Clark's abilities added to his own. He was the regular Absorbing Man -on a good day though- except with an enchanted hammer and increased intelligence.

Never really defeated, they battle removed him momentarily using an Infinity door but then he had to go to the Serpent's side. Basically went around absorbing shit, beat up Pym and his team some.
Of course he would absorb all of Kal's power IF he get touched. Its creel's power after all. But superman would know it by forum rules and he can cover himself by his cape or something rather than just punching him bare hand. He has a lot of experience fighting parasite. I have a question: has creel ever been knocked out by physical force? I would have to find scans but its Action comics 858-863. A great read.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Of course he would absorb all of Kal's power IF he get touched. Its creel's power after all. But superman would know it by forum rules and he can cover himself by his cape or something rather than just punching him bare hand. He has a lot of experience fighting parasite. I have a question: has creel ever been knocked out by physical force? I would have to find scans but its Action comics 858-863. A great read.

Like I said, if he plays it smart he could win (Although I'm pretty sure he absorbed the powers of Pym through his clothing) but most heroes get snagged sooner or later. Besides that, Creel is -on a good day at least- difficult to dispatch of even normally, with increased intelligence, any force Superman uses will just be turned against him.

The John's run? It's been a while since I read it but I know for a fact that Clark finished him only after a combined Legion assault. Not sure if he had Clark's powers or not though (Doubt it from what I remember though). Either way, it paints an incomplete picture, your description of events I mean.

abhilegend
Like I said, if he plays it smart he could win (Although I'm pretty sure he absorbed the powers of Pym through his clothing) but most heroes get snagged sooner or later. Besides that, Creel is -on a good day at least- difficult to dispatch of even normally, with increased intelligence, any force Superman uses will just be turned against him.

The John's run? It's been a while since I read it but I know for a fact that Clark finished him only after a combined Legion assault. Not sure if he had Clark's powers or not though (Doubt it from what I remember though). Either way, it paints an incomplete picture, your description of events I mean.
Not really, Earth-man almost shrugged off all their attacks and defeated them in a single omni-directional blast. This was the legion vs Earth-man

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-011.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-012.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-015.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/15.jpg

He even shrugged off simultaneous punches from Ultra-boy and Blok and knocked them out with a simultaneous blast. Then this happened

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/16.jpg

You mean this

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2366/amvspym3.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8579/amvspym04.jpg

It wasn't shown that he absorbed Pym's power through his clothes. I may be right but it was never shown or implied that he could absorb powers through clothes but Pym said that he could absorb the properties of any substance he touches. This with the addition of fact that creel said that he was smarter than before, I can say that he might have punched Pym in the face and thus absorbed his powers. You didn't answer my question.

KingD19
Creel usually has to be taken down by creative means. The one time I know of that he got taken out by physical force was when he absorbed granite and Luke Cage two pieced him. No shame in that though considering granite won't stand up to steel.

Other times he usually has to get tricked. Like touching glass so he can get shattered, etc...

This version of Creel is more than likely in the upper echelons of the elite foes Superman has battled. and incredibly dangerous. He's already Thor level starting out because of the hammer, has the hammers powers. Flight, teleport, energy manip. And he can absorb literally anything Superman throws at him. A punch means he can get just his strength, or his speed, or all his powers. A heat blast means Creel could turn into a sentient form of Clark's heat energy, which he's shown to be effected by. Etc...

It's really Creel's fight to lose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really, Earth-man almost shrugged off all their attacks and defeated them in a single omni-directional blast. This was the legion vs Earth-man

He even shrugged off simultaneous punches from Ultra-boy and Blok and knocked them out with a simultaneous blast. Then this happened

I think you and I have different definitions of shrug off. It looked like he was feeling those attacks to me. When he was taking shots from Lightning Lad and Lightning Lass, he was phasing through them by the way.

It was a good showing for Superman knocking him out like that, but it's not really anything that spectacular unless he was accessing Ultra-Boy's durability. Otherwise the most durable character's power he can draw on would be Blok's.

Anyways, I don't really care one way or another. And I'm not sure how this is relevant to the fight with Absorbing Man.

It wasn't shown that he absorbed Pym's power through his clothes. I may be right but it was never shown or implied that he could absorb powers through clothes but Pym said that he could absorb the properties of any substance he touches. This with the addition of fact that creel said that he was smarter than before, I can say that he might have punched Pym in the face and thus absorbed his powers. You didn't answer my question.

The only times I saw Creel making contact with Pym, it was through clothes (Unless I'm forgetting a scene). Anyways, it doesn't matter as here he absorbs the properties of the Pym particle Generator (And forces the entire Infinite Mansion to grow):
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8799286/AA_18_Oroboros_CPS_030.jpg.html

I think it's a safe bet that Superman's cape won't provide any protection.

My bad, I missed it. I can't recall any such instances off of the top of my head, at least not in any of his Thor or Hulk related fights. Wouldn't surprise me if it has happened once or twice however. I think it's a safe bet that once contact is made, Superman's powers would be absorbed. That would be the case for even the regular Creel if he was having a good day.

Superman would also have a b*tch of a time trying to dispose of Creel. Frankly, I'm not sure how he'd even manage it, Creel has a brain here and can absorb the properties of any substance.

KingD19
Basically Superman is fighting a stronger, incredibly brutal and sadistic, and more varied version of himself.

abhilegend
I think you and I have different definitions of shrug off. It looked like he was feeling those attacks to me. When he was taking shots from Lightning Lad and Lightning Lass, he was phasing through them by the way.

It was a good showing for Superman knocking him out like that, but it's not really anything that spectacular unless he was accessing Ultra-Boy's durability. Otherwise the most durable character's power he can draw on would be Blok's.

Anyways, I don't really care one way or another. And I'm not sure how this is relevant to the fight with Absorbing Man.

The only times I saw Creel making contact with Pym, it was through clothes (Unless I'm forgetting a scene). Anyways, it doesn't matter as here he absorbs the properties of the Pym particle Generator (And forces the entire Infinite Mansion to grow):
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/8799286/AA_18_Oroboros_CPS_030.jpg.html

I think it's a safe bet that Superman's cape won't provide any protection.

My bad, I missed it. I can't recall any such instances off of the top of my head, at least not in any of his Thor or Hulk related fights. Wouldn't surprise me if it has happened once or twice however. I think it's a safe bet that once contact is made, Superman's powers would be absorbed. That would be the case for even the regular Creel if he was having a good day.

Superman would also have a b*tch of a time trying to dispose of Creel. Frankly, I'm not sure how he'd even manage it, Creel has a brain here and can absorb the properties of any substance.
I just mentioned it because Kal battles similarly powered foes as himself almost on weekly basis. To shrug off a simultaneous punch from ultra-boy and blok from behind isn't easy as those two possesses superman level strength. Yes he was always accessing ultra-boy's durability as kal broke his hand punching him last issue and earth-man explained that he was always using ultra-boy's durability. It is relevent as it shows superman has fought and defeated similar foes. IMO absorbing kal's powers would be the last thing creel wants as superman is too experienced in fighting such enemies like Eradicator, hank henshaw, ultraman, paragon, daxamaites, bizarro, russian zod etc. If he absorbs the properties of kryptonian dna, he wouldn't automatically become as powerful as superman unless he has done something like that before i.e. absorbed powers of an energy absorber and became as powerful as him. He would have to absorb sunlight for a few seconds to achieve a reasonable power level, in which he could be koed. This is an interesting match anyway.

abhilegend
Originally posted by KingD19
Basically Superman is fighting a stronger, incredibly brutal and sadistic, and more varied version of himself.
Meh, kal fights such foes on weekly basis. Creel may absorb his powers but he wouldn't have any experience with them and he can be koed after that. Manchestar black made bizarro smart but superman still defeated him because he didn't have any experience with his powers.

KingD19
Supes powers would be stacked on top of his Serpent imbued powers, and he's absorbed things such as Thor's hammer and Cosmic Cubes before and learned how to work his new abilities pretty quickly when he's on his game. This version would be using Superman's powers on a similar plateau in short order.

So he'd be just as fast, a lot stronger, etc...

This isn't as easy for Clark as you're trying to make it seem, and in all honesty Creel takes a high majority.

abhilegend
^The thing is that superman's power works differently than thor or a cosmic cube. When he absorbed thor's unique elder god-asgardian or a CCU's inherent powers, he doesn't have to recharge himself with an external source. Pym was going h2h AFTER creel absorbed his powers and even lifted him after locking hands with him. Color me unimpressed with his serpent imbued powers. His strength wouldn't be OMG 2 or 3 times than kal's. I can see it going either way like with any high herald.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just mentioned it because Kal battles similarly powered foes as himself almost on weekly basis. To shrug off a simultaneous punch from ultra-boy and blok from behind isn't easy as those two possesses superman level strength.Yes he was always accessing ultra-boy's durability as kal broke his hand punching him last issue and earth-man explained that he was always using ultra-boy's durability.

I realize that his fought energy absorbers like Parasite and Earth-Man but like I said, it's not that relevant. Different beasts. This is an intelligent Creel, I'm not sure how he'd go about putting him down without the added Kryptonian abilities.

What are you talking about? He tapped Ultra-Boy's powers to gain access to invulnerability:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7522/28016766.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1298/28160338.jpg

Where did it say that it was a constant? I'm not saying he wasn't accessing it in the end there conclusively (That would be taking speculation too far on my part) but you're extrapolating too much there.

It is relevent as it shows superman has fought and defeated similar foes. IMO absorbing kal's powers would be the last thing creel wants as superman is too experienced in fighting such enemies like Eradicator, hank henshaw, ultraman, paragon, daxamaites, bizarro, russian zod etc. If he absorbs the properties of kryptonian dna, he wouldn't automatically become as powerful as superman unless he has done something like that before i.e. absorbed powers of an energy absorber and became as powerful as him.
He would have to absorb sunlight for a few seconds to achieve a reasonable power level, in which he could be koed. This is an interesting match anyway.

When Creel absorbs Superman's powers, he doesn't become a Kryptonian, he just has that well of abilities to draw on top of his others. His experience with fighting Kryptonian like foes would be immense if Creel was limited to that powerset.

Creel has been able to absorb the properties of anything (Except one alien form of energy) including IIRC the Quantum Bands and the Hulk so I'd say that solar dependency issue wouldn't come into play. His abilities don't really have any type of defined description outside the vague 'he can absorb essences/properties' statement. Whatever, it's magic.

How would Superman go about achieving a knock out? With Creel having a brain, his restoration abilities should be at their peak.

Tbh, I'm just treating this version as Creel having a good day. The hammer isn't really what makes him dangerous, it's the increased intelligence. Regularly, Superman would definitely win, maybe as easily as a knock out through heat vision or something but the hammer is enough of a leg up for him to be written intelligently/with respect. Otherwise he can range from giving Clark a tough fight to being punked.

abhilegend
^My bad, I thought he was accessing his durability non-stop. But he flew through space unaided and later said that "I have every power your precious legion possesses" and took ultra-boy and blok's punch from behind without a grunt, my theory has more proof than yours.

You are giving too much emphasis on a statement from creel. He didn't do anything particularly exceptional. IIRC he becomes the substance he touches, wasn't he once turned into cocaine, distributed into drug addicts and reformed through their urine? Like I said even if he becomes as powerful as kal, its not a game over. Paragon becomes twice as powerful as a metahuman in his vicinity and even he couldn't ko kal with twice of his strength. He also stalemated PC superboy and koed PC Mon-el. What restoration abilities? Like I said this can go either way.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^My bad, I thought he was accessing his durability non-stop. But he flew through space unaided and later said that "I have every power your precious legion possesses" and took ultra-boy and blok's punch from behind without a grunt, my theory has more proof than yours.

In the very scene you're referencing he says that multiple powers protect him from the effects of space. Surviving those hits better supports your stance but at the same time, his IIRC felt weaker attacks. It's really not conclusive. Whatever, it's not really relevant and I don't care either way.

You are giving too much emphasis on a statement from creel. He didn't do anything particularly exceptional. IIRC he becomes the substance he touches, wasn't he once turned into cocaine, distributed into drug addicts and reformed through their urine? Like I said even if he becomes as powerful as kal, its not a game over. Paragon becomes twice as powerful as a metahuman in his vicinity and even he couldn't ko kal with twice of his strength. He also stalemated PC superboy and koed PC Mon-el. What restoration abilities? Like I said this can go either way.

His overall superior craftiness indicated an increased intelligence, his claim wasn't unsupported. It's just a shame he didn't face any real challenges. Not sure what that has to do with anything, involuntary transformation (If that's what you're getting) is no longer an issue. I'm happy for Clark I guess. His ability to reform from basically anything. Maybe if Clark makes no contact, still not sure how he'd go about disposing of Creel though.

abhilegend
In the very scene you're referencing he says that multiple powers protect him from the effects of space. Surviving those hits better supports your stance but at the same time, his IIRC felt weaker attacks. It's really not conclusive. Whatever, it's not really relevant and I don't care either way.

That only proves that he can use multiple powers at once. Not really, lightning lad and lass are incredibly powerful and phasing through their attacks doesn't mean anything. Yes it's not conclusive but its a very impressive feat. You don't care for anyone's feats other than thor anyway.cool

Just indicative, nothing conclusive. Too bad for creel. Why its no longer an issue, can you clarify? IIRC it wasn't an involuntary transformation but he was tricked and unable to reform from the scattered part of his body. He can't just reform from anything, daredevil once just cracked his diamond body to defeat him and unless this "smarting up" rendered every showing of creel losing invalid, its still applicable. You are happy for clark, it must be end of the world. Why counter-vibrations of course. Seriously did creel teleported anywhere or we are just assuming that he was capable of it like kuurth? He can still ko creel using some ice coating on his hands courtesy of freeze breath.

leonidas
even reg creel is usually defeated via plot device aka his own stupidity. earth x am was a monster and he didn't have the added asgardian power. i had to wonder though why creel didn't simply remain uru (like his hammer) the whole time. no reason he couldn't as he has absorbed the properties of thor's hammer in the past. uru am + hammer=baddddd news for kal. and almost anyone.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
even reg creel is usually defeated via plot device aka his own stupidity. earth x am was a monster and he didn't have the added asgardian power. i had to wonder though why creel didn't simply remain uru (like his hammer) the whole time. no reason he couldn't as he has absorbed the properties of thor's hammer in the past. uru am + hammer=baddddd news for kal. and almost anyone.
That's just as speculative as superman or flash killing everyone in nanoseconds or surfer using cosmic awareness in every match. Oh the last part happens in every thread, my bad. Strike that.

leonidas
er, what's speculative?

abhilegend
^Why doesn't creel absorb his hammer's properties. I guess that's why CIS is necessary, otherwise its just cbr.

carver9
Creel has absorbed Sentrys powers and was using it better than Sentry has ever used them.

leonidas
^Why doesn't creel absorb his hammer's properties. I guess that's why CIS is necessary, otherwise its just cbr.

i....have no idea what you're saying. i guess he didn't simply absorb his hammer's properties because of pis. nor did he really need to. he and titania were never really challenged at all. in any bevent, cis of course is not an issue in this fight. he's absorbed mjolnir before. the q-bands. cap's shield. primary adamantium. there is no logical reason at all he couldn't just absorb the properties of his own hammer. if you want to simply say 'he can't/won't because he never did', well, that's your choice. but there is absolutely no logical reason he couldn't do so.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by carver9
Creel has absorbed Sentrys powers and was using it better than Sentry has ever used them. He did?

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
i....have no idea what you're saying. i guess he didn't simply absorb his hammer's properties because of pis. nor did he really need to. he and titania were never really challenged at all. in any bevent, cis of course is not an issue in this fight. he's absorbed mjolnir before. the q-bands. cap's shield. primary adamantium. there is no logical reason at all he couldn't just absorb the properties of his own hammer. if you want to simply say 'he can't/won't because he never did', well, that's your choice. but there is absolutely no logical reason he couldn't do so.
Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe you're correct, maybe not. I see it as CIS, you see it as PIS, cool with me. I think that the writer went with the idea that the chain and balls are a part of creel's body, so why not make the hammer a part of him too.

carver9
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He did?

Ok...I might have said that wrong. He did things with Sentry powers that Sentry has never done.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That only proves that he can use multiple powers at once. Not really, lightning lad and lass are incredibly powerful and phasing through their attacks doesn't mean anything. Yes it's not conclusive but its a very impressive feat. You don't care for anyone's feats other than thor anyway.cool

Eh? You argued that it was evidence of him using Ultra-boy's durability, his very dialogue destroys that notion being a certainty. I didn't re-read the scene yet but didn't the Shape-Shifter as well hurt him with a blast?

Okay?

Just indicative, nothing conclusive. Too bad for creel. Why its no longer an issue, can you clarify? IIRC it wasn't an involuntary transformation but he was tricked and unable to reform from the scattered part of his body. He can't just reform from anything, daredevil once just cracked his diamond body to defeat him and unless this "smarting up" rendered every showing of creel losing invalid, its still applicable. You are happy for clark, it must be end of the world. Why counter-vibrations of course. Seriously did creel teleported anywhere or we are just assuming that he was capable of it like kuurth? He can still ko creel using some ice coating on his hands courtesy of freeze breath.

Nothing conclusive? I'm sorry, but the writer made it pretty clear that Creel had a boost in intelligence, this isn't up for debate. Pretty sure that Creel can consciously chooses what he absorbs at this point, can't trick him like that anymore. With the added regeneration/durability of the Serpent and increased respect, I'm going to give him slightly more benefit of the doubt than usual, possible though I guess but absolute physical annihilation is almost assuredly Clark's best bet (Temporary in the long run though).

Haha, counter vibrations? I was just going by Creel's more consistent good showings, I guess there's no reason for me to be on the fence.

All the Worthy hammers can teleport, create energy blasts, fly, have worthy enchantments etc. Standard Asgardian protocol. IIRC, he and/or Titania opened up a portal to the Infinity Mansion, I think Sin might have as well.

Creative and cute but try again.

cdtm
I know it's not standard equipment, but Supermans used a force field against Parasite before.

Anyone ever try that on Creed, and did he just absorb the FF, or did it keep him out?

cdtm
He can still ko creel using some ice coating on his hands courtesy of freeze breath.

I was thinking it'd be easier to just freeze him conventionally. Than, if he absorbs it, he can shatter his body, otherwise he'd be trapped..

Rage.Of.Olympus
He should be able to absorb the properties of a force field, irrelevant though as it's definitely not standard equipment.

I remember Quasar erecting a force field only for him to absorb Adamantium properties (On a small piece he keeps on him) to break out. Not conclusive one way or another unfortunately.

JakeTheBank
I really don't see Kal getting incredibly creative and resorting to unconventional means to beat Creel, at least not in a random first encounter. I think by the time that Kal realized just how out of the box he had to work, Creel may have likely already beaten him. Even with common knowledge, which I think would extend to just standard Creel, and not Worthy Creel, Kal would be in for a fight.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
I was thinking it'd be easier to just freeze him conventionally. Than, if he absorbs it, he can shatter his body, otherwise he'd be trapped..

how would absorbing it help him break out of it....? confused

and he wouldn't need to anyway since he was strong enough to simply break free. this would require some creatvity from kal to win.

cdtm
Bizarro Superman wasn't strong enough to break out of it, and he's stronger than Superman.

A Kryptonian wasn't strong enough to break out of it when Nightwing froze him, and he'd have to resort to HV to break free.

leonidas
huh. not that i don't believe you, but scans would be cool. still not sure how you think absorbing the properties of ice would get him out though. i really don't see freeze breath being enough to stop am, tbh, especially with the asgardian weapon. but.....maybe i guess.

Colossus-Big C
creel absorbed asgard, and a cosmic cube.
once they touch superman loses 10/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
It should be noted that if his hammer serves as an extension of his powers as his usual ball and chain, then he gains the properties of whatever it touches. Even if he isn't holding on to it apparently. That plus the Worthy enchantment -and other abilities- could make it problematic for Superman

-Pr-
Bizarro Superman wasn't strong enough to break out of it, and he's stronger than Superman.

A Kryptonian wasn't strong enough to break out of it when Nightwing froze him, and he'd have to resort to HV to break free.

Bizarro is stronger than Superman? pr1983

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Bizarro is stronger than Superman? pr1983

He got that from a statement when Superman said Bizarro is stronger than him.

-Pr-

Oh, that.

Yeah, Superman says a lot of things.

Hyperion Prime

Yeah I remember that when they switched bodies. It's probably true why else would Superman say it. Bizzaro is just too dumb to utilize his own strength.

carver9
Originally posted by Hyperion Prime
Yeah I remember that when they switched bodies. It's probably true why else would Superman say it. Bizzaro is just too dumb to utilize his own strength.

Yeah, Superman was quite amazed at Bizarro power...Bizarro just doesn't know how to utilize all of that strength...to dumb.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Best case scenario, Bizzaro's retard strength gives him an edge over an every day Clark. That's about as far as I'm willing to take it without any more evidence.

Parmaniac
Best case scenario, Bizzaro's retard strength gives him an edge over an every day Clark. That's about as far as I'm willing to take it without any more evidence. I was waiting for someone bringing the retard factor in thumb up

abhilegend
Best case scenario, Bizzaro's retard strength gives him an edge over an every day Clark. That's about as far as I'm willing to take it without any more evidence.
True, superman said that bizarro doesn't hold back so he MIGHT be stronger.

bbrem123
Yea it hard to believe he is stronger then superman. To be honest superman is one of the hardest(if not the hardest) to compete with when it comes to strength.

Hyperion Prime
If switching bodies with someone dosen't tell you if they are stronger than you....then nothing will.

carver9
True, superman said that bizarro doesn't hold back so he MIGHT be stronger.

What does that have to do with then switching bodies and Superman feeling more strength in Bizarro body. He didn't make the same remark when him and Powergirl switched bodies.

cdtm
Oh, that.

Yeah, Superman says a lot of things.

Plus, Bizarro stood toe to toe with Non, someone Superman seems to suffer a slight strength disadvantage against.

quanchi112
Creel stomps.

Horrificus

You mean this

I'm pretty sure that Absorbing Man has absorbed things that he was stepping on, while wearing his boots.

abhilegend
Eh? You argued that it was evidence of him using Ultra-boy's durability, his very dialogue destroys that notion being a certainty. I didn't re-read the scene yet but didn't the Shape-Shifter as well hurt him with a blast?

No it doesn't. All it proves that he could use multiple powers at once. IIRC only ultra-boy could fly unaided in space in that legion roster without a legion ring. Who, Chameleon girl? Not that I recall.

Gooddurthor. I can bring surfer respect thread as my proof.131

I'm sorry but I don'y buy it. He states he has become smarter, absorbs Pym's power and suddenly all his defeats where he was unable to reform after being scattered are invalid! Sorry that's quite reaching. Proof that he can't be tricked anymore? What regeneration ability? I didn't see him even getting hurt in his fight with Pym, much less regenerate. Respect isn't something that can be used in forums, my friend. Maybe you but not me. Not really as you can't prove that he can reform with his body part scattered in time to gain a forum win. If you can, bring the proof.

A better term for "singing him out of existence", don't you think? I am going by kal's good showings too, you know.

They didn't but jocasta did at the instruction of Hank

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/208/amvspym7.jpg

What? You think he can't be koed in his regular form? Don't underestimate kal's creativity or his freeze breath

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Superman/Supermanicebreatheact845.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/adventuresof618d.jpg

He has freeze a planet's brain with his freeze breath!!

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/aos620-12.jpg

-Pr-
Plus, Bizarro stood toe to toe with Non, someone Superman seems to suffer a slight strength disadvantage against.

i don't know about that. Superman did handle him pretty well once he got the measure of him.

What does that have to do with then switching bodies and Superman feeling more strength in Bizarro body. He didn't make the same remark when him and Powergirl switched bodies.

One statement doesn't contradict feats.

abhilegend
This is the instance you are talking about

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/Superman_2ndSeries_Page_16.jpg

The intention was clear that bizarro's mind doesn't have mental blocks that regulate superman's strength. The instance you are talking about is Superman/batman 27 which is based upon Kal-L and earth-two. Did you notice that the huntress in that comic was Helena Wayne?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
I'm pretty sure that Absorbing Man has absorbed things that he was stepping on, while wearing his boots.
Then the writer doesn't know his abilities very well. Can you give me issue numbers or scans?

Horrificus
Then the writer doesn't know his abilities very well. Can you give me issue numbers or scans? I'm actually digging right now. I'll try.
I know that in Hulk v2 #125, the Absorbing Man stood on Hulk while absorbing his powers and actually said something like, "I am going to keep absorbing your power by standing on you", or something like that.
I am trying to find the scan.

Hyperion Prime

country1000

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/Superman_2ndSeries_Page_16.jpg

The intention was clear that bizarro's mind doesn't have mental blocks that regulate superman's strength. The instance you are talking about is Superman/batman 27 which is based upon Kal-L and earth-two. Did you notice that the huntress in that comic was Helena Wayne? That scan has nothing to do with mental blocks. It shows that bizarro's mind wont let him access his full strength, but supermans mind while he is in bizarro's body lets superman access it. Superman does not have mental blocks that regulate his strength, he holds back because he does not want to hurt regular peoples, yet when faced with the likes of black adam, wonder woman ( mind warped ) he HAS to use his full strength. Superman does not have a powerset like hulk or gladiator, We have seen superman go all out many times and his strength has never increased unless he sun amps. A non holding back superman could not even overpower black adam
. You are confusing (hero time to win) with this false strength increase mind block thing..... Creel wins.

Hyperion Prime

Exactly....some people will say it dosen't mean anything, but Superman said it and I beleive him when he says Bizzaro maybe stronger. Some people don't agree with it, because Superman is saying something they don't want to hear. cool

country1000
Exactly....some people will say it dosen't mean anything, but Superman said it and I beleive him when he says Bizzaro maybe stronger. Some people don't agree with it, because Superman is saying something they don't want to hear. cool I could not have said it better myself.

quanchi112
Exactly....some people will say it dosen't mean anything, but Superman said it and I beleive him when he says Bizzaro maybe stronger. Some people don't agree with it, because Superman is saying something they don't want to hear. cool I believe Superman was telling the truth as well. thumb up

JakeTheBank
Superman's comments can be tricky. He is a fairly humble guy and pretty nice, but at the same time, when push comes to shove, he's not above flat out telling someone he's stronger or more powerful than they are. If overall feats and history seem to be backing up a comment he made (or really anyone made), I'm inclined to take them at their word.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman's comments can be tricky. He is a fairly humble guy and pretty nice, but at the same time, when push comes to shove, he's not above flat out telling someone he's stronger or more powerful than they are. If overall feats and history seem to be backing up a comment he made (or really anyone made), I'm inclined to take them at their word.

But the thing is he wasn't talking to anyone, but himself. Why would he lie to himself??? He was speaking out loud. He was amazed at Bizzaro's strength.

cdtm
But the thing is he wasn't talking to anyone, but himself. Why would he lie to himself??? He was speaking out loud. He was amazed at Bizzaro's strength.

And it's not like he was overestimating Kara Zor El's strength without taking into account how much he holds back, he was actually experiencing Bizarro's powers first hand.

JakeTheBank

Oh, I'm not disputing that at all. I was just commenting on Superman's history of comments.

Generally, he is used as a means to convey how powerful the writers want someone to come off as. If they stagger Superman or cause him to say something like "I've never seen such power!" or "They're the toughest single opponent I've ever faced", I don't think we should take it as the gospel, but they shouldn't be ignored right away. Comments, in general, should be examined and taken at a case-by-case basis.

abhilegend
Originally posted by country1000
That scan has nothing to do with mental blocks. It shows that bizarro's mind wont let him access his full strength, but supermans mind while he is in bizarro's body lets superman access it. Superman does not have mental blocks that regulate his strength, he holds back because he does not want to hurt regular peoples, yet when faced with the likes of black adam, wonder woman ( mind warped ) he HAS to use his full strength. Superman does not have a powerset like hulk or gladiator, We have seen superman go all out many times and his strength has never increased unless he sun amps. A non holding back superman could not even overpower black adam
. You are confusing (hero time to win) with this false strength increase mind block thing..... Creel wins.
Lulz. There was an entire arc to show that superman placed several mental blocks after he killed pocket dimension kryptonians (No limits) and it was shown against the imperiex probes. When superman was holding back he was struggling with just one probe, but when he dropped his mental blocks he ran through a bunch of them like tissue paper. Lex luthor and Emil hamilton would disagree with you

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/adventuresof636a.jpg

You are talking about this when Kal said he doesn't have to hold back AS MUCH as he usually does

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM4.jpg

Funny thing is once he really stopped holding back adam gave up the fight.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM9.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM10.jpg

When did you see superman going all out except mind control where he didn't gained an enormous strength edge? I give you such an example

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic014.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic016.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic020.jpg

country1000
Oh, I'm not disputing that at all. I was just commenting on Superman's history of comments.

Generally, he is used as a means to convey how powerful the writers want someone to come off as. If they stagger Superman or cause him to say something like "I've never seen such power!" or "They're the toughest single opponent I've ever faced", I don't think we should take it as the gospel, but they shouldn't be ignored right away. Comments, in general, should be examined and taken at a case-by-case basis. Superman was not in those people bodies when he made those comments. He felt the guys strength and it was greater than his while superman was in his body... big difference.

Hyperion Prime
Superman was not in those people bodies when he made those comments. He felt the guys strength and it was greater than his while superman was in his body... big difference.

I was just getting ready to say that cool

-Pr-

Generally, he is used as a means to convey how powerful the writers want someone to come off as. If they stagger Superman or cause him to say something like "I've never seen such power!" or "They're the toughest single opponent I've ever faced", I don't think we should take it as the gospel, but they shouldn't be ignored right away. Comments, in general, should be examined and taken at a case-by-case basis.

Pretty much. Then there's all the feats and such too.

Being amazed by Bizarro's strength doesn't make Bizarro stronger, it just means he was stronger than Superman expected him to be.

abhilegend
Superman was not in those people bodies when he made those comments. He felt the guys strength and it was greater than his while superman was in his body... big difference.
Like he said to captain marvel, "OMG I haven't felt that much power since ever", right?

cdtm

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM9.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM10.jpg

Nothing funny about it, considering Adam wasn't fighting back in the first place.

country1000
Lulz. There was an entire arc to show that superman placed several mental blocks after he killed pocket dimension kryptonians (No limits) and it was shown against the imperiex probes. When superman was holding back he was struggling with just one probe, but when he dropped his mental blocks he ran through a bunch of them like tissue paper. Lex luthor and Emil hamilton would disagree with you

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/adventuresof636a.jpg

You are talking about this when Kal said he doesn't have to hold back AS MUCH as he usually does

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM4.jpg

When did you see superman going all out except mind control where he didn't gained an enormous strength edge? I give you such an example

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic014.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic016.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/pic020.jpg Do you know what a hero do?? They struggle to make a story then they win or pull off the upset because they are the HERO. The villian will not win in the end because they are the bad guy. You want people to accept what lex says but when superman says that blizzaro is stronger, you toss that out huh??? You do know that the very writers have portrayed black adam as stronger than both superman and CM.. Do you wish me to show you?

quanchi112
Nothing funny about it, considering Adam wasn't fighting back in the first place. thumb up

Hyperion Prime
Pretty much. Then there's all the feats and such too.

Being amazed by Bizarro's strength doesn't make Bizarro stronger, it just means he was stronger than Superman expected him to be.

PR I am not even going to debate this with you. You are a nice guy, but you are too much of a Superman mark. If everyone who has ever written Superman including the creators told you a character was stronger then Superman you would still have an excuse.

abhilegend
Nothing funny about it, considering Adam wasn't fighting back in the first place.
I could've sworn he was actively punching superman and resisting superman's effort to take it outside city limits, found it

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM6.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC831VSBLACKADAM7.jpg

Anyway its not in black adam's nature to give up a fight. But its a discussion for another thread.

KingD19

In that fight didn't Adam turn his back because he knew Superman wouldn't fight an opponent who wasn't fighting back and had his back turned? Seems like a problem he didn't want.

country1000
Like he said to captain marvel, "OMG I haven't felt that much power since ever", right? So your favorite hero is a liar ? or is it that you dont want any other character to be stronger than superman?

country1000
Originally posted by KingD19
In that fight didn't Adam turn his back because he knew Superman wouldn't fight an opponent who wasn't fighting back and had his back turned? Seems like a problem he didn't want. More like a problem he didn't have a care in the world about.

JakeTheBank
Well, Captain Marvel is awesome. The Power of Shazam is a very potent source of magic and it's only natural for Superman to lose his cookies experiencing it first hand.

-Pr-
PR I am not even going to debate this with you. You are a nice guy, but you are too much of a Superman mark. If everyone who has ever written Superman including the creators told you a character was stronger then Superman you would still have an excuse.

pr1983

Just because I disagree with you. erm

abhilegend
Do you know what a hero do?? They struggle to make a story then they win or pull off the upset because they are the HERO. The villian will not win in the end because they are the bad guy. You want people to accept what lex says but when superman says that blizzaro is stronger, you toss that out huh??? You do know that the very writers have portrayed black adam as stronger than both superman and CM.. Do you wish me to show you?
Blah, blah, blah. GTFO with this "hero wins, villain loses" rubbish, show me an instance of Thanos losing a battle other than plot devices. Except that lex and emil both are two of the most knowledgeable person on earth and emil knows more about superman than kal himself. When, if pre-crisis the I have a surprise for you

Here adam admits he doesn't have superman's full strength.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_supermanvsshazam30-1.jpg

abhilegend
So your favorite hero is a liar ? or is it that you dont want any other character to be stronger than superman?
He's a humble guy who gives other people like J'onn and captain marvel props. He's already admitted that he is the strongest guy on earth in MOS 125, he just don't want to brag about it.
More like a problem he didn't have a care in the world about.
He also ran away in POS 46 after just one punch to the face mumbling something like he doesn't have to fight superman and he would come later to meet billy. Sounds similar, don't it?

abhilegend
Well, Captain Marvel is awesome. The Power of Shazam is a very potent source of magic and it's only natural for Superman to lose his cookies experiencing it first hand.
Yeah, yeah, just like mjolnir, right? Except he just koed its master. What can I say, its not like he's held spear of destiny or merged with Kismet, Oh wait.....

JakeTheBank
Yeah, yeah, just like mjolnir, right? Except he just koed its master. What can I say, its not like he's held spear of destiny or merged with Kismet, Oh wait.....

Him barely knocking out Thor and commenting on how he was just about the toughest guy he ever faced doesn't invalidate him freaking out over how powerful Mjolnir is first hand while it's in his grasp. In fact, they're not mutually exclusive at all.

Like I said, comments are fine, generally not meant to be taken as the absolute gospel, but it doesn't take away from how incredibly powerful Superman feels the Power of Shazam or Mjolnir happen to be.

abhilegend
Him barely knocking out Thor and commenting on how he was just about the toughest guy he ever faced doesn't invalidate him freaking out over how powerful Mjolnir is first hand while it's in his grasp. In fact, they're not mutually exclusive at all.

Like I said, comments are fine, generally not meant to be taken as the absolute gospel, but it doesn't take away from how incredibly powerful Superman feels the Power of Shazam or Mjolnir happen to be.
Where did you got the fact that be barely beat thor, if by his shaking voice then he was talking like that since he used HV on thor. He still got up from the beating of some of the strongest avengers like Hercules, wonder man, she-hulk, vision and Iron man at the same time as thor. Congratulations thor, now you are among the one dozen people superman claimed to be the "toughest foes" he fought. It was because of magic, he felt such a surge and the fact that he was still running on the power Vision gave him after radioactive man and Solarr drained him.

-Pr-
Where did you got the fact that be barely beat thor, if by his shaking voice then he was talking like that since he used HV on thor. He still got up from the beating of some of the strongest avengers like Hercules, wonder man, she-hulk, vision and Iron man at the same time as thor. Congratulations thor, now you are among the one dozen people superman claimed to be the "toughest foes" he fought. It was because of magic, he felt such a surge and the fact that he was still running on the power Vision gave him after radioactive man and Solarr drained him.

Are you trying to say that Superman didn't have a hard time with Thor?

abhilegend
Are you trying to say that Superman didn't have a hard time with Thor?
No, but it wasn't as tough as some people tends to project like he could barely stand. Superman DID have a hard time with thor but he still looked superior to him by a comfortable margin.

-Pr-
No, but it wasn't as tough as some people tends to project like he could barely stand. Superman DID have a hard time with thor but he still looked superior to him by a comfortable margin.

I wouldn't say that at all. Superman was clearly drained by the fight, as evident by people being able to dog-pile him soon after, imo.

JakeTheBank

Serious question?

How you can read that fight and come to any other conclusion besides Superman barely beating Thor is beyond me.

And? Superman mentioning how powerful Mjolnir was doesn't make his comment not mean anything just because he had experienced more powerful weapons or amps in the past. Like I said before, comments are to be taken by a case by case basis. And in these cases, they certainly mean something.

JakeTheBank

Some people? Like who?

Not really. He barely beat Thor, which was driven home by the fight itself and the comments made after.

abhilegend
Serious question?

How you can read that fight and come to any other conclusion besides Superman barely beating Thor is beyond me.

I'm totally serious.

Because I can.smokin'

Now I agree with you. Comments like these are to be taken with a grain of salt.

abhilegend
Some people? Like who?

Not really. He barely beat Thor, which was driven home by the fight itself and the comments made after.

I've read them on superman vs thor thread, but I'm too lazy to bring up quotes.

I disagree, but let's leave it at that.

JakeTheBank
I'm totally serious.

Because I can.smokin'

Now I agree with you. Comments like these are to be taken with a grain of salt.

Unfortunately, I can't tell if you're trolling, joking around, or really do think that.

Uh huh.

Comments should be taken by a case by case basis, and generally, should be taken with a grain of salt unless a specific comment is backed by an irrefutable source or on panel evidence. Do I think Thor was the single most powerful foe Superman ever fought? Nope, not at all, and I sure as hell don't think Superman was the single most powerful foe Thor ever battled.

I do think the intent of that comment was to drive home the point just how much of a struggle it was for Superman to barely beat Thor, though.

JakeTheBank
I've read them on superman vs thor thread, but I'm too lazy to bring up quotes.

I disagree, but let's leave it at that.

Do you really scour the forum for things that people say about Superman so that you can attempt make your points? It seems like you honestly feel like Superman is lowballed and not given his due by the entire forum or that there's this movement out to get him at times on the forum. In that respect, he's no different or any special than virtually any other popular character.

Okay.

abhilegend
Unfortunately, I can't tell if you're trolling, joking around, or really do think that.

Uh huh.

Comments should be taken by a case by case basis, and generally, should be taken with a grain of salt unless a specific comment is backed by an irrefutable source or on panel evidence. Do I think Thor was the single most powerful foe Superman ever fought? Nope, not at all, and I sure as hell don't think Superman was the single most powerful foe Thor ever battled.

I do think the intent of that comment was to drive home the point just how much of a struggle it was for Superman to barely beat Thor, though.

I disagree, but like I said let's leave it at that.

I know how much struggle it was. But as he said "His dials go up to elevan".

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_SupermanandThorbrawlin3.jpg

Notice how his voice was shaking with anger when he caught mjolnir. Now compare that with this

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_Supermanavengers.jpg

Found any difference?

JakeTheBank
He said his dials go to eleven, true. Doesn't mean we're supposed to literally take it that if Thor is a "9 in strength", Superman must be an 11. It was intended as a jab to Thor and his heritage and the fact that he mentioned the Nine Realms. People tend to use that comment/showing as indisputable fact that Superman is clearly > Thor, but whatever.

Superman was clearly taken to the brink to the point where Iron Man's repulsors phased him. Considering how Thor and others who are as durable or less durable than Superman has outright no sold them before, it says a lot about how much he was hurting.

abhilegend
Do you really scour the forum for things that people say about Superman so that you can attempt make your points? It seems like you honestly feel like Superman is lowballed and not given his due by the entire forum or that there's this movement out to get him at times on the forum. In that respect, he's no different or any special than virtually any other popular character.

Okay.

No, but I'm quite fond of this forum and often in free times visits old threads to know how was the opinion of other people on many other heroes too. I never said that there was a movement to lowball superman, if I sound like that in this thread I can easily blame it on my ankle with 50 stitches. stick out tongue

Ok.

abhilegend
He said his dials go to eleven, true. Doesn't mean we're supposed to literally take it that if Thor is a "9 in strength", Superman must be an 11. It was intended as a jab to Thor and his heritage and the fact that he mentioned the Nine Realms. People tend to use that comment/showing as indisputable fact that Superman is clearly > Thor, but whatever.

Ok, your interpretation is as valid as mine, doesn't make me accept that.

A mother-box amped Iron man accompnied by a punch from wonder man when he was staggered, why do people forget that? Only odinforce thor no sold it in JMS run, classic thor and many other people have been staggered by an all-out Iron man's repulsor blasts. Add in five of the strongest avengers after thor who individually can take on many top-tiers and give them a run for their money, its a very good feat for superman to wake alongside thor.

Damborgson
Didn't much care for how Thor lost tbh. "yeah you sure were tough. even if I caught you're mystic war hammer and then KO'd you while mocking you."-Clark Kent

I guess Thor got the Round 1 win seeing as how Superman needed Manhunter to hold Thor off long enough for him to get back into the fight. But Superman being in more or less good shape after he did recover makes it hard to call it a definitive win. More like a bone being thrown out to Thor fans.

Anyways a mini rant there. I don't mind Superman beating Thor. They are in the same class. Should've been more of a fight though and tons more epic.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
Didn't much care for how Thor lost tbh. "yeah you sure were tough. even if I caught you're mystic war hammer and then KO'd you while mocking you."-Clark Kent

I guess Thor got the Round 1 win seeing as how Superman needed Manhunter to hold Thor off long enough for him to get back into the fight. But Superman being in more or less good shape after he did recover makes it hard to call it a definitive win. More like a bone being thrown out to Thor fans.

Anyways a mini rant there. I don't mind Superman beating Thor. They are in the same class. Should've been more of a fight though and tons more epic.
What? It was a cheapsot and according to narration he recovered in just a few moments. How does getting punched by superman and manjobber who was struggling with Hank pym in the same issue constitutes as a win to thor is beyond me. I agree with the last part, it should've been more epic.

Damborgson
What? It was a cheapsot and according to narration he recovered in just a few moments. How does getting punched by superman and manjobber who was struggling with Hank pym in the same issue constitutes as a win to thor is beyond me. I agree with the last part, it should've been more epic. dont see how it was a cheapshot. Thor declares in his usual fashion that he has had enough and while directly infront of superman flings mjolnir at him. on top of that he got
everyones attention initially by summining a storm. That was not a cheapshot.

Superman was down for a bit if I remember right. He got smashed, then the scene goes to metron and the grandmaster having a conversation, during which Diana rallies the league and the two teams rush one another. Superman got into the fight later and helped manhunter tag team thir. But like I said it was more of a bone bone being thrown. it wasnt nearly as legit win as supermans of course.

I dont recall manhunter having any sort of trouble. He was phasing through pyms attacks then got bored and proceeded to one shot him.

Igniz
Okay did this thread became JLA/Avengers Superman Vs Thor?Isn't crossovers band in this thread?

-Pr-
Crossovers are banned in general.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
dont see how it was a cheapshot. Thor declares in his usual fashion that he has had enough and while directly infront of superman flings mjolnir at him. on top of that he got
everyones attention initially by summining a storm. That was not a cheapshot.

Superman was down for a bit if I remember right. He got smashed, then the scene goes to metron and the grandmaster having a conversation, during which Diana rallies the league and the two teams rush one another. Superman got into the fight later and helped manhunter tag team thir. But like I said it was more of a bone bone being thrown. it wasnt nearly as legit win as supermans of course.

I dont recall manhunter having any sort of trouble. He was phasing through pyms attacks then got bored and proceeded to one shot him.
Not really, kal was giving cap a warning then thor started to whirl mjolnir and attacked superman from a side. It was the last page of issue 1, issue 2 starts with narration saying that "just a moment ago thor sent superman through a building" and we see superman and j'onn punching thor. Superman wasn't even dazed by that attack, how's that a win for thor? Yes manjobber was having trouble with pym while T'challa claimed the prize they were seeking. You definitely read a different comic than me.

abhilegend
^Found it

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Crossoverfights/Marvel%20Vs%20DC/JLA%20Avengers/Fight%201/2.jpg
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Crossoverfights/Marvel%20Vs%20DC/JLA%20Avengers/Fight%201/3.jpg

This was just a moment after thor attacked superman

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii22/Crossoverfights/Marvel%20Vs%20DC/JLA%20Avengers/Fight%201/5.jpg

quanchi112
I'm totally serious.

Because I can.smokin'

Now I agree with you. Comments like these are to be taken with a grain of salt. The writer himself disagrees with you but you pick and choose which Superman quotes to take literally so this is the norm for you. What's funny is the same arc you say this counts but wait don't look at this Superman didn't mean it. LOL.

Damborgson
Not really, kal was giving cap a warning then thor started to whirl mjolnir and attacked superman from a side. It was the last page of issue 1, issue 2 starts with narration saying that "just a moment ago thor sent superman through a building" and we see superman and j'onn punching thor. Superman wasn't even dazed by that attack, how's that a win for thor? Yes manjobber was having trouble with pym while T'challa claimed the prize they were seeking. You definitely read a different comic than me. If Kal is so stupid that he ignores an angry threatening storm god who just got everyone's attention seeing as how he summoned a storm all, it still wouldn't be a cheap shot. It would be Kal being an idiot. Which he is not, nor was he being one at the time. He saw Thor and I think its more than obvious that it wasn't a cheap-shot. Saying it was sounds like a good deal of reaching.

Well I can't argue with that. The scan after Thor puts Superman through the building is Kal on his back then slowly getting to his knees while still crackling with energy. Then the two teams collide and Kal is not in the silhouette. But the scan says "moments" so I'm going to assume he wasn't down for as long as I thought unfortunately. At least not enough to constitute a win. Seeing as how characters get smashed all the time and then get back up for the fight. I concede that point. THAT SAID. Of course Superman was hurt/dazed. Thats why he ddint get right back up into the fight.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/Snapshot12-1-201111-53AM-1.png?t=1325487365
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/Fernando072295/Snapshot22-1-201111-53AM-1.png?t=1325487412

^thats what happened a moment after Thor attacked Superman.

Yeah, no he wasn't. I really wish I had the scans to show you. Manhunter was never hit then proceeded to one shot Pym with a mental bolt. If you think thats trouble then our definitions are very much different.

carver9

The intention was clear that bizarro's mind doesn't have mental blocks that regulate superman's strength. The instance you are talking about is Superman/batman 27 which is based upon Kal-L and earth-two. Did you notice that the huntress in that comic was Helena Wayne?

But Bizarro was in Superman body and used Superman strength and punched at Bizarro/Supes and he tanked it. Superman was capable of using Bizarro body better than he could and he Superman is also familiar with his own body. Why wouldn't he know if Bizzaro was stronger or not?

-Pr-
But Bizarro was in Superman body and used Superman strength and punched at Bizarro/Supes and he tanked it. Superman was capable of using Bizarro body better than he could and he Superman is also familiar with his own body. Why wouldn't he know if Bizzaro was stronger or not?

He doesn't say whether he's stronger or not, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.