cenk uygur is intolerable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red g jacks
i don't honestly mind some of the discussions on the young turks... or at least i thought they were ok when their episodes were on youtube, i haven't been following them on current tv. they gave pretty decent day to day political coverage for an american liberal like myself. ana was easily my favorite character, for obvious reasons.

but cenk uygur's voice and mannerisms are cringe worthy

i found it quite humorous when he got snubbed by msnbc and predictably blamed it on 'the establishment'

he seemed unaware of just how vital their complaint about his arm gestures and delivery had been. on top of this his voice and laugh are quite toxic, as is his catch phrase

"OF COUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRSEE"

i also get the vague impression that he did a lot of cocaine in the 80's

ana was hot though.

dadudemon
Originally posted by red g jacks
i don't honestly mind some of the discussions on the young turks... or at least i thought they were ok when their episodes were on youtube, i haven't been following them on current tv. they gave pretty decent day to day political coverage for an american liberal like myself. ana was easily my favorite character, for obvious reasons.

but cenk uygur's voice and mannerisms are cringe worthy

i found it quite humorous when he got snubbed by msnbc and predictably blamed it on 'the establishment'

he seemed unaware of just how vital their complaint about his arm gestures and delivery had been. on top of this his voice and laugh are quite toxic, as is his catch phrase

"OF COUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRSEE"

i also get the vague impression that he did a lot of cocaine in the 80's

ana was hot though.

Okay, wait...

What happened now?

People complained about his "mannerisms" on MSNBC and he got the boot?

Also, can you find an MSNBC clip that illustrates your point about his toxic voice and mannerisms? I have only seen about 5-10 vids of Cenk...and that was last year. Peter Jennings used to smack and that would irritate me as a kid (lol)...but it still wasn't enough to get me to stop watching the news.

red g jacks
i didn't watch his msnbc show, but here's him whining about it for 17 minutes:

HrKKkGl3TnY
FEYkBA5ze6c&feature=fvwrel

i used to watch the internet version of young turks on youtube.... that's where my comments about his mannerisms come from. actually i just now watched the first few minutes of one of his current tv episodes and had forgotten how cringe worthy he was... which is what actually inspired me to give him this shout out

Bardock42
I enjoy him, and generally like the whole Young Turks show, I can understand though why people would not like his mannerisms and character, he is very intense and somewhat full of himself.

My favourites are Ben Mankiewicz, Steve Oh and Dave Kohler. But I like most of the people who are on the show. Sadly I can't get the Current show here, so I can only watch the couple videos they put online. It's interesting to see their own style on an actual cable channel, definitely odd, but what I've seen hasn't been bad.

Unless you think he is lying about the ratings, even rivaling Fox News in certain segments, I'd say you are wrong about their complaint being vital (at least not vital to anything a company like MSNBC should care for).

red g jacks
i searched for anything to back up his claims on the ratings a while back and came up empty handed. either way i think sharpton most definitely brings in better ratings. i could be wrong about that, i wrote that part partially joking but i could definitely see mainstream viewers being turned off by his style.

Bardock42
i searched for anything to back up his claims on the ratings a while back and came up empty handed. either way i think sharpton most definitely brings in better ratings. i could be wrong about that, i wrote that part partially joking but i could definitely see mainstream viewers being turned off by his style.

I don't know, I think a lot of people enjoy his style, and find it refreshing. Sharpton is quite famous though, I'm sure he has alright ratings.

Like I said, I can see where you are coming from, he's pompous and arrogant. But I think on some topics he has excellent analysis.

dadudemon
I watched those vids. I am still not annoyed by his mannerisms. There are a few generalities that are true: Italians talk with their hands. I know Cenk is not Italian but everyone on my father's side is. They all talk with their hands. It is "natural" for me to see people talk like that so it never bothered me. In fact, the stiff "never move" types are the kind that bother me. Tom Brokaw comes to mind. Tom is awesome as a person and a journalist but he's just so damn stiff (quiet pervs).

And I would believe his ratings: Cenk is easy to listen to. He reels you in with his pieces because he makes them seem much more interesting than they really are. I liked his arguments. I did not watch move of the news but I would watch some of his pieces on youtube (last year).

red g jacks
it's not even that he's pompous, to me. it's just his delivery. he doesn't so much deliver a point as he does beat you over the head with it. seemingly though i am alone in this opinion.

i do agree though he and the other young turks generally have good topics and analysis, that's why i watched em for so long.

red g jacks
also, bardock, if you want to watch current it normally streams here:

http://www.thertv.eu/93

though right now it isn't playing for me for some reason

AsbestosFlaygon
I find him to be quite irrational regarding some topics.

I know most journalists are biased to some extent, as most people are anyways, but I find Cenk to be a bit too biased sometimes. That's my opinion.

Bardock42
also, bardock, if you want to watch current it normally streams here:

http://www.thertv.eu/93

though right now it isn't playing for me for some reason

Thanks, that seems to be working for me.

ADarksideJedi
Everyone whines.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.