Classic Mangog vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Classic Mangog

vs

Thanos

no tech, battle takes in Asgard

guy222
Silver Age Mangog

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
What feats/battles make you believe this?

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
What feats/battles make you believe this? Maker, Galactus blast, Mar-vell owning.

janus77
Maker, Galactus blast, Mar-vell owning.
you're not making sense, could you explain how each of the above err 'instances' relate to and compare with the fight at hand?

iceman24567
you're not making sense, could you explain how each of the above err 'instances' relate to and compare with the fight at hand? They dont obviously. Mangog beats the tar out of Thanos

Horrificus
If it is a spur of the moment slug-fest, Mangog wins easily.
As a planned strategic attack, Thanos would probably find a way to defeat Mangog using his brains.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Horrificus
If it is a spur of the moment slug-fest, Mangog wins easily.
As a planned strategic attack, Thanos would probably find a way to defeat Mangog using his brains. Its always a random encounter unless stated otherwise and Thanos is without his tech here which includes shields and his almighty force block laughing. I'm inclined to say Silver Age Mangog stomps erm

quanchi112
you're not making sense, could you explain how each of the above err 'instances' relate to and compare with the fight at hand? Thanos has the power to knock Galactus on his ass who is far more powerful than Mangog showing if he can affect him he can really damage mangog. Maker is a cube being who can warp reality yet Thanos dominated her. Mar-vell was far above top tier yet Thanos treated him like he would have the Surfer in the past showing a huge upgrade.

janus77
Thanos has the power to knock Galactus on his ass who is far more powerful than Mangog showing if he can affect him he can really damage mangog. Maker is a cube being who can warp reality yet Thanos dominated her. Mar-vell was far above top tier yet Thanos treated him like he would have the Surfer in the past showing a huge upgrade.
Ah, I see... like Thing or Strange knocking Galactus on his arse?
And like Sentry destroying MM?

Those are the two best 'feats' you present, though no rationale or logic to re-enforce your assertions.

As for the Lord Mar-vell yawnfest, he was an unimpressive monster-of-the-week type villain. I wouldn't take that to be anything impressive or significant. It's like defeating Quasar.

quanchi112
Ah, I see... like Thing or Strange knocking Galactus on his arse?
And like Sentry destroying MM?

Those are the two best 'feats' you present, though no rationale or logic to re-enforce your assertions.

As for the Lord Mar-vell yawnfest, he was an unimpressive monster-of-the-week type villain. I wouldn't take that to be anything impressive or significant. It's like defeating Quasar. Thanos took on a well nourished Galactus not the weakened one Thing ran into. Thanos also launched him much further. You are really bad at debating. Context always destroys those who seek to subvert the truth.

My rationale is Thanos is powerful enough to defeat beings on par and above Mangog. That is good enough along with him being durable enough to take a reinforced/ctluthonic blade/ig to the chest and walk it off like nothing happened by an entire universe to bring him down.

Mangog was defeated by Thor with a blast inside the mouth. Mar-vell wouldn't even deem Thor a threat. LoL.

Thanos wins.

janus77
So... basically your point is that Thanos >> Thing?
Though I'm sure that is debatable, I'll let it slide.

Anyway, getting back to this fight, you see Thanos winning?
Personally, I can't really see how he'd survive...

quanchi112
So... basically your point is that Thanos >> Thing?
Though I'm sure that is debatable, I'll let it slide.

Anyway, getting back to this fight, you see Thanos winning?
Personally, I can't really see how he'd survive... See that's why you can't debate you just rehash the same nonpoints over and over again. I told you the difference you choose to ignore it because you're owned and in need of nicotine.

Thanos is more powerful and can survive universal reinforced blades powered to kill the avatar of death. It didn't work. Mangog has no chance.

janus77
See that's why you can't debate you just rehash the same nonpoints over and over again. I told you the difference you choose to ignore it because you're owned and in need of nicotine.

Thanos is more powerful and can survive universal reinforced blades powered to kill the avatar of death. It didn't work. Mangog has no chance.
so you aren't saying that Thanos is stronger than Thing? confused

quanchi112
so you aren't saying that Thanos is stronger than Thing? confused A weaker Thanos easily shrugged off the Thing and easily overpowered him and the Hulk. Thanos whips Mangog's ass. Far too powerful and far too smart.

JakeTheBank
Mangog.

abhilegend
Mangog.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If an inferior Thanos clone.. before getting all the amps... can order Mangog around like a puppy dog... What do you think the real deal would do?

iceman24567
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
If an inferior Thanos clone.. before getting all the amps... can order Mangog around like a puppy dog... What do you think the real deal would do? He was more like a body guard though erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
He was more like a body guard though erm We saw on panel how much more formidable Thanos clone was than Mangog in combat.

Nihilist
Good fight.

Id give Thanos the edge due to his better versatility and brains.

Silent Master
If an inferior Thanos clone.. before getting all the amps... can order Mangog around like a puppy dog... What do you think the real deal would do?

Read the OP.

Horrificus
If an inferior Thanos clone.. before getting all the amps... can order Mangog around like a puppy dog... What do you think the real deal would do? Mangog stated that the only reason he ALLOWS Thanos to give orders, is because they have a shared vision.
While they were dealing with each other Mangog even threatened to destroy Thanos and Thanos quickly appeased him.
Whatever the situation was, Mangog did not feel that he was an inferior.
Thanos obviously had Mangog doing what he wanted because of his superior intellect.

Regardless of Thanos's showings, it would have to be shown that Thanos has had similar on-panel feats. Similar to defeating an entire civilization of Asgardian Gods. Warriors, Super-Weapons, Defenses, Thor and Odin.
Absolutely, without injury and threat. Without effort, as a matter of fact.
These are the handful of high-end showings that Mangog has.
And, Thor and Odin have been able to give Galactus pause and pain on occasion.
Although he is very powerful and intelligent, Thanos can not do the things that Mangog can do.

Igniz

That can be interpreted as a Thanosi providing energy needed by Mangog to exist.Hence why that Thanosi can order Mangog around.That version of Mangog was from his classic version.Odin drained himself to death in order to cut off classic Mangog's billions and billions of beings of hatred that powers him.You can view the Mangog in Thor Vol 2 as a Thanosi's Mangog while classic Mangog is a different power level altogether.

Mangog wins.

the Darkone
silver age Mangog wins, unless Thanos goes super saiyan and that still wont help Thanos! Thanos would have too be on classic Odin level, and that sh** ain't happening in this life time!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mangog stated that the only reason he ALLOWS Thanos to give orders, is because they have a shared vision.
While they were dealing with each other Mangog even threatened to destroy Thanos and Thanos quickly appeased him.
Whatever the situation was, Mangog did not feel that he was an inferior.
Thanos obviously had Mangog doing what he wanted because of his superior intellect.

Regardless of Thanos's showings, it would have to be shown that Thanos has had similar on-panel feats. Similar to defeating an entire civilization of Asgardian Gods. Warriors, Super-Weapons, Defenses, Thor and Odin.
Absolutely, without injury and threat. Without effort, as a matter of fact.
These are the handful of high-end showings that Mangog has.
And, Thor and Odin have been able to give Galactus pause and pain on occasion.
Although he is very powerful and intelligent, Thanos can not do the things that Mangog can do.

That isn't close to true actually.... Mangog never stated he had the power to destroy Thanos. The one time Mangog got frisky and complained about how long things were taking and was going to speed thign up... Thanos basically told him to shut up and sit down and Mangog didn't say one word.

Can I see the scans or issue numbers when Mangog defeated Thor and Odin, because as I recall, that isn't how it went down.. ever.

quanchi112
Mangog knew Thanos clone was in complete control and that he was Thanos' clone's *****.

Horrificus
That isn't close to true actually.... Mangog never stated he had the power to destroy Thanos. The one time Mangog got frisky and complained about how long things were taking and was going to speed thign up... Thanos basically told him to shut up and sit down and Mangog didn't say one word.

Can I see the scans or issue numbers when Mangog defeated Thor and Odin, because as I recall, that isn't how it went down.. ever. I didn't say Mangog said he had the power to destroy Thanos. I said he threatened him.
Are you serious about the scans? Do you know how many times Mangog has done this? And, if not, how are you arguing about this? Haven't you read the Mangog story-lines?
That's like me asking you to provide the scans where Batman beats the Joker. wink
Out of all the confrontations between Odin, Thor and Mangog, there are only the following personal wins, and they are seriously suspect-

1. Odin beating him, by messing with the spell that made Mangog. Not by battle.
and
2. Thor doing the BFR when he shot Mangog in his mouth, after Mangog treated him like a ragdoll over and over. And, it was a BFR. Mangog was staggered, then knocked over a cliff or something.

Horrificus
Mangog knew Thanos clone was in complete control and that he was Thanos' clone's *****. After Thanos started gathering the items of power, Mangog knew his place. But, up until then, he spoke as an equal.
Out of respect, I will scrape some scans together.

quanchi112
After Thanos started gathering the items of power, Mangog knew his place. But, up until then, he spoke as an equal.
Out of respect, I will scrape some scans together. Yes, post any scans you feel the need to. Thanos ordered him around like he does so many powerful allies. Thanos used him. I should say the clone used him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I didn't say Mangog said he had the power to destroy Thanos. I said he threatened him.
Are you serious about the scans? Do you know how many times Mangog has done this? And, if not, how are you arguing about this? Haven't you read the Mangog story-lines?
That's like me asking you to provide the scans where Batman beats the Joker. wink
Out of all the confrontations between Odin, Thor and Mangog, there are only the following personal wins, and they are seriously suspect-

1. Odin beating him, by messing with the spell that made Mangog. Not by battle.
and
2. Thor doing the BFR when he shot Mangog in his mouth, after Mangog treated him like a ragdoll over and over. And, it was a BFR. Mangog was staggered, then knocked over a cliff or something.

That actually isn't true at all, in fact as I stated, AS SOON AS Mangog started to get frisky... Thanos (before the amps) put him in his place and essentially told him to sit down and shut up. I don't remember them acting like equals at all, in fact, again, it's in complete contrast to that with THanos clearly running the show.

Further... you said THIS "Regardless of Thanos's showings, it would have to be shown that Thanos has had similar on-panel feats. Similar to defeating an entire civilization of Asgardian Gods. Warriors, Super-Weapons, Defenses, Thor and Odin.
Absolutely, without injury and threat. Without effort, as a matter of fact."

So I asked for ANYTIME Mangog has defeated an entire civilization of Asgardians including Thor and Odin. You said Thanos had to have SIMILIAR feats... you even said without effort. I can't recall A SINGLE TIME Mangog defeated all the Asgardians with little effort what so ever. In fact, I can't even remember him ultimately defeating them at all. So yes, I'm going to ask for scans when I can't recall this ever happening.

Silent Master
I like how the Thanos fanboys are proving how little they know about Mangog.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Silent Master
I like how the Thanos fanboys are proving how little they know about Mangog. ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
I like how the Thanos fanboys are proving how little they know about Mangog.

I like how silent always shows how little he reads comics if at all

Silent Master
I like how silent always shows how little he reads comics if at all

As one of the fanboys I was talking about, your opinion is rather worthless.

Try reading the OP again, maybe you'll understand it this time.

Horrificus

Can I see the scans or issue numbers when Mangog defeated Thor and Odin, because as I recall, that isn't how it went down.. ever. Seriously, if you are going to communicate in such an arrogant manner, you should at least be sure of your facts.

First, the relationship between Mangog and Thanos:

Mangog telling Thanos that the only reason he is listening to him, is because they share the same vision. As I said. This is BEFORE Thanos had acquired the items of power.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/MangogVision.jpg

Mangog threatening Thanos and then, not cowering, being told to sit down and shut up, not being terrified. Simply being sorry for losing his warrior's temper. And, in the picture, you will see what Thanos is wearing. This takes place AFTER Thanos has gained the items of power and has proclaimed himself Death. And, even THEN, he did not snap at Mangog and Mangog never cowered.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/MangogThreat.jpg

quanchi112
@Horrificus

It's no different than the relationship he had with Terrax.

Horrificus
@Horrificus

It's no different than the relationship he had with Terrax. Even Terrax only worked for Thanos because Thanos promised him part of an empire.

quanchi112
Even Terrax only worked for Thanos because Thanos promised him part of an empire. Yes, that's why Thanos is a master manipulator. Characters who won't let him just piss all over he has to pull their strings differently such as Terrax.

the Darkone
Classic Mangog wins !

Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Age Mangog would run a train on Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Age Mangog would run a train on Thanos. Are you kidding me ?

Horrificus
Mangog > Odin > Thanos

quanchi112
Mangog > Odin > Thanos Thanos>Odin>Mangog. All better now.

basilisk
Some later incarnations of Mangog weren't as impressive and Thanos might do OK.

But classic silver age Mangog would destroy Thanos.

quanchi112
Originally posted by basilisk
Some later incarnations of Mangog weren't as impressive and Thanos might do OK.

But classic silver age Mangog would destroy Thanos. You do realize how powerful Thanos has become in Thanos Imperative, right ?

carver9

Horrificus
You do realize how powerful Thanos has become in Thanos Imperative, right ? Thanos is always going to be a universal threat. In all truth, if he targeted Mangog, he would SOMEHOW destroy him, imo. With planning and superior strategy.
But, That is the beauty of Thanos. Going back, all the way to the Thanos Quest, it was his mind that defeated his enemies. His physical power was just "support".
Mangog is the opposite. He is supposed to be the pinnacle of power, not not much of a strategist. As a matter of fact, he is basically just a faucet pouring out power through hate.
When he was created, he was well on his way to being an Abstract Being, or avatar of Hate.
Even though he is more powerful than Thanos, I think it is fitting that he would be in service of Thanos. Mangog is not a leader or a conqueror. He is just a step up from being on the same scale as a mindless black hole or gamma burst, or other natural phenomenon.
Personally, I really hope they don't continue to write Thanos as always increasing in power and being totally invulnerable. That always leads to poor stories.
After all, if you write a story where the main character is in a bad situation, close to defeat, what's easier? Having to THINK of an interesting, intelligent, surprising and entertaining solution? Or, just writing that the character is suddenly able to pound his opponents out of the way and then the story ends? (cough--Hulk--cough)

Here's hoping Thanos gets beat up badly by more powerfull characters, but ends up thinking his way out AFTER being able to soak up punishment the way that only Thanos would be able to do.

Here is one of the COOLEST Examples of this EVER put into a comic-

After absorbing the power of Galactus' World Ship, Doctor Doom attacks Classic Beyonder and is beaten down.
Doctor Doom now finds himself held aloft by the energies of the Beyonder as he is slowly, methodically dissected and bisected.
"Utter death, only split seconds away, offers an escape which any other mortal would gratefully accept... But he is Doom." And, we know how THAT worked out.

Come on. Amping the power of a character in every story line just plain sucks.
The writers should have to actually think, and create, AND read the damned previous comics once in a while!

My work here is done... yinyang

KuRuPT Thanosi
Seriously, if you are going to communicate in such an arrogant manner, you should at least be sure of your facts.

First, the relationship between Mangog and Thanos:

Mangog telling Thanos that the only reason he is listening to him, is because they share the same vision. As I said. This is BEFORE Thanos had acquired the items of power.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/MangogVision.jpg

Mangog threatening Thanos and then, not cowering, being told to sit down and shut up, not being terrified. Simply being sorry for losing his warrior's temper. And, in the picture, you will see what Thanos is wearing. This takes place AFTER Thanos has gained the items of power and has proclaimed himself Death. And, even THEN, he did not snap at Mangog and Mangog never cowered.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/MangogThreat.jpg

Funny enough, why don't you try and address my last post.. instead of quoting an earlier post? I know why.. because I asked for scans that backed up your claims... ya know claims which were untrue... So, I know why you didn't quote my proper post... nor answer the question.. but don't think I missed it. Here it's again...

"Further... you said THIS "Regardless of Thanos's showings, it would have to be shown that Thanos has had similar on-panel feats. Similar to defeating an entire civilization of Asgardian Gods. Warriors, Super-Weapons, Defenses, Thor and Odin.

So I asked for ANYTIME Mangog has defeated an entire civilization of Asgardians including Thor and Odin. You said Thanos had to have SIMILIAR feats... you even said without effort. I can't recall A SINGLE TIME Mangog defeated all the Asgardians with little effort what so ever. In fact, I can't even remember him ultimately defeating them at all. So yes, I'm going to ask for scans when I can't recall this ever happening."

In re: the scans... they don't contradict one thing I said... in fact they support it. Thanos never acts like he is worried about Mangog or Mangog is a threat to him. The only person who ever apologies and backs down... in mangog.

the Darkone
Thanos is always going to be a universal threat. In all truth, if he targeted Mangog, he would SOMEHOW destroy him, imo. With planning and superior strategy.
But, That is the beauty of Thanos. Going back, all the way to the Thanos Quest, it was his mind that defeated his enemies. His physical power was just "support".
Mangog is the opposite. He is supposed to be the pinnacle of power, not not much of a strategist. As a matter of fact, he is basically just a faucet pouring out power through hate.
When he was created, he was well on his way to being an Abstract Being, or avatar of Hate.
Even though he is more powerful than Thanos, I think it is fitting that he would be in service of Thanos. Mangog is not a leader or a conqueror. He is just a step up from being on the same scale as a mindless black hole or gamma burst, or other natural phenomenon.
Personally, I really hope they don't continue to write Thanos as always increasing in power and being totally invulnerable. That always leads to poor stories.
After all, if you write a story where the main character is in a bad situation, close to defeat, what's easier? Having to THINK of an interesting, intelligent, surprising and entertaining solution? Or, just writing that the character is suddenly able to pound his opponents out of the way and then the story ends? (cough--Hulk--cough)

Here's hoping Thanos gets beat up badly by more powerfull characters, but ends up thinking his way out AFTER being able to soak up punishment the way that only Thanos would be able to do.

After absorbing the power of Galactus' World Ship, Doctor Doom attacks Classic Beyonder and is beaten down.
Doctor Doom now finds himself held aloft by the energies of the Beyonder as he is slowly, methodically dissected and bisected.
"Utter death, only split seconds away, offers an escape which any other mortal would gratefully accept... But he is Doom." And, we know how THAT worked out.

The writers should have to actually think, and create, AND read the damned previous comics once in a while!

My work here is done... yinyang

I would agree with this, Thanos would beat mordern version of Mangog with his mind, but Classic Mangog was another level of power, it took all of Odin powers to de-powered him Thanos is powerful but not elite sky-father or low elder god like RKT to defeat Classic Mangog who height of his power was at least sky father in power, power which Thanos doesn't have. Thanos goes heads up like he did with Dp Tyrant and cant teleport, he is in major trouble.

quanchi112
Thanos is always going to be a universal threat. In all truth, if he targeted Mangog, he would SOMEHOW destroy him, imo. With planning and superior strategy.

My work here is done... yinyang Thanos can rely on his physical power when he has to he just prefers to let other brutes do the heavy lifting for him when he needs to do so he definitely is up to the task. Thanos went after Tyrant a character so powerful Galactus himself took pause at him.

Thanos is a leader and someone with the power to defeat those with greater power than Mangog. Mangog is powerful don't get me wrong but a step down or so from Thanos.

the Darkone
Let make this clear, Thanos cant use tech he must use his own powers and abilites, Thanos cant leave Asgard. CLassic Mangog can track Thanos where ever he goes in Asgard!!

the Darkone
Classic Mangog=/< classic Odin >> Thanos!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by the Darkone
Let make this clear, Thanos cant use tech he must use his own powers and abilites, Thanos cant leave Asgard. CLassic Mangog can track Thanos where ever he goes in Asgard!! A lot of his powers are tech based. Even if I said a naked Thanos which is exactly what we saw in gotg 25 he'd still maul mangog.

the Darkone
Mangog > Odin > Thanos

Wouldn't go that far but Classic MAngog was a half notch below Classic Odin still more powerful than Thanos, and that says a lot how powerful Mangog was in his prime. Truth be told as much I like Thanos and respect him as character, certain people pump him up too high, so far up his a$$ they would know what he had for lunch. I was guilty of this myself, to tell the truth without Death curse Thanos would have gotten butt rape by Odin, Tyrant, Maker, but you have to love Thanos resilient!!

Regardless of Thanos Impertaive, Thanos was a tool to bring death back into that universe, the ability that he recieve was only good for that one particular mission to say that his new ability is absurd and unfounded, until proven Thanos doesn't that ability to kill the unkillable which was only for those beings in that universe that never truly stayed dead.

quanchi112
Wouldn't go that far but Classic MAngog was a half notch below Classic Odin still more powerful than Thanos, and that says a lot how powerful Mangog was in his prime. Truth be told as much I like Thanos and respect him as character, certain people pump him up too high, so far up his a$$ they would know what he had for lunch. I was guilty of this myself, to tell the truth without Death curse Thanos would have gotten butt rape by Odin, Tyrant, Maker, but you have to love Thanos resilient!! Have you happened to come across Thanos Imperative ?

the Darkone

Basically wink , then come back for seconds!!!

Silent Master

You're wasting your time, as the fanboys still haven't figured out the difference between Classic Mangog and Jurgens Mangog.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're wasting your time, as the fanboys still haven't figured out the difference between Classic Mangog and Jurgens Mangog.

People continually waste their time even answering your stupid questions because A) They are mostly always fallacious in nature, B) You don't even read comics and C) you never answer questions in return... Yet, we still do sometimes.. be happy.

Horrificus
Funny enough, why don't you try and address my last post.. instead of quoting an earlier post? I know why.. because I asked for scans that backed up your claims... ya know claims which were untrue... So, I know why you didn't quote my proper post... nor answer the question.. but don't think I missed it. Here it's again...

"Further... you said THIS "Regardless of Thanos's showings, it would have to be shown that Thanos has had similar on-panel feats. Similar to defeating an entire civilization of Asgardian Gods. Warriors, Super-Weapons, Defenses, Thor and Odin.

So I asked for ANYTIME Mangog has defeated an entire civilization of Asgardians including Thor and Odin. You said Thanos had to have SIMILIAR feats... you even said without effort. I can't recall A SINGLE TIME Mangog defeated all the Asgardians with little effort what so ever. In fact, I can't even remember him ultimately defeating them at all. So yes, I'm going to ask for scans when I can't recall this ever happening."

In re: the scans... they don't contradict one thing I said... in fact they support it. Thanos never acts like he is worried about Mangog or Mangog is a threat to him. The only person who ever apologies and backs down... in mangog. Sorry it took so long. I was busy starving, torturing, then murdering your first point, before I move onto the second.
Hey. Seriously. You haven't even gone back and read what you wrote? Really? You said the following silly things. Then I addressed them.

The one time Mangog got frisky and complained about how long things were taking and was going to speed thign up... Thanos basically told him to shut up and sit down and Mangog didn't say one word.

That actually isn't true at all, in fact as I stated, AS SOON AS Mangog started to get frisky... Thanos (before the amps) put him in his place and essentially told him to sit down and shut up.

quanchi112
You're wasting your time, as the fanboys still haven't figured out the difference between Classic Mangog and Jurgens Mangog. The Mangog fanboys haven't realized there's a huge difference between that and and he has been portrayed in the past as well, sparky.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I specified the Silver Age incarnation.

Are you kidding me ?

You disagree? That's fine. You think Thanos beats Odin, Galactus, Tyrant etc. so there's really no point in going any further.

quanchi112
I specified the Silver Age incarnation.

You disagree? That's fine. You think Thanos beats Odin, Galactus, Tyrant etc. so there's really no point in going any further. Go leaf through Thanos Imperative and you'll find out why.

Horrificus

In re: the scans... they don't contradict one thing I said... in fact they support it. Thanos never acts like he is worried about Mangog or Mangog is a threat to him. The only person who ever apologies and backs down... in mangog.
Anyway, you are right about one thing.. I don't feel like putting the scans up here! I'm busy.

And, are you noticing that you are the only forum member that is arguing against the showings of Classic Mangog?

Yeah. That sound you hear, those are crickets. big grin

Because most of us read the books before giving out opinions.

I'm sorry I only addressed the statement where you were trying to make Mangog look like a scared puppy, being barked at by Thanos.

I wasn't done. But, I only had time to take care of that first point of interest. The threats of Mangog and the lack of backtalk from Thanos.
By the way, um... you haven't admitted you were wrong about that.
Waiting...

Anyway, the way you are writing your posts to me are still kind of rude. And, Since I know you are wrong, it is kind of mind-blowing that you need to be shown scans of these classic beat-downs. Anybody that has read Classic Mangog stories knows that I am correct. Even most of the people that are arguing FOR Thanos right now have seen what Classic Mangog was able to do.

If it's really necessary, I will post some scans when I get a minute.
But, even then, you will still argue against them. I can tell already.

Here, maybe this will make you friendlier-
dance or maybe this bunny or even this toot
I'm really trying here.

Silent Master
People continually waste their time even answering your stupid questions because A) They are mostly always fallacious in nature, B) You don't even read comics and C) you never answer questions in return... Yet, we still do sometimes.. be happy.

Again, as one of the fanboys in question.....your opinion is worthless.

quanchi112
Again, as one of the fanboys in question.....your opinion is worthless. Then prove it.

Silent Master
Then prove it.

Prove what?

quanchi112
Prove what? That his opinion is worthless by making clear and concise points.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Go leaf through Thanos Imperative and you'll find out why.

Whatever bro, at least you're consistent.

Out of curiosity, who can beat Thanos currently iyo?

quanchi112
Whatever bro, at least you're consistent.

Out of curiosity, who can beat Thanos currently iyo? I honestly can't think of anyone off the top of my head he's that formidable. I do know though he beats Mangog into the dirt.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I honestly can't think of anyone off the top of my head he's that formidable. I do know though he beats Mangog into the dirt.

Death? Living Tribunal? Classic Beyonder?

Sure, sure.

quanchi112
Death? Living Tribunal? Classic Beyonder?

Sure, sure. Too off topic for me to carry on about.

Rage.Of.Olympus
mhmm

Would you respond in a relevant thread?

Silent Master
That his opinion is worthless by making clear and concise points.

You want me to prove that I consider his opinion worthless?

Ok, I Silent Master view KuRuPT Thanosi's opinion as worthless.

quanchi112
mhmm

Would you respond in a relevant thread? It depends on a variety of factors.

You want me to prove that I consider his opinion worthless?

Ok, I Silent Master view KuRuPT Thanosi's opinion as worthless. Use specific examples illustrating why his opinion is worthless.

Ps. Your name really isn't silent master.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It depends on a variety of factors.

Such as?

quanchi112
Such as? If I see it, mood, your tone, if it's just a bait thread in an attempt to antagonize me, etc.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Anyway, you are right about one thing.. I don't feel like putting the scans up here! I'm busy.

And, are you noticing that you are the only forum member that is arguing against the showings of Classic Mangog?

Yeah. That sound you hear, those are crickets. big grin

Because most of us read the books before giving out opinions.

I'm sorry I only addressed the statement where you were trying to make Mangog look like a scared puppy, being barked at by Thanos.

I wasn't done. But, I only had time to take care of that first point of interest. The threats of Mangog and the lack of backtalk from Thanos.
By the way, um... you haven't admitted you were wrong about that.
Waiting...

Anyway, the way you are writing your posts to me are still kind of rude. And, Since I know you are wrong, it is kind of mind-blowing that you need to be shown scans of these classic beat-downs. Anybody that has read Classic Mangog stories knows that I am correct. Even most of the people that are arguing FOR Thanos right now have seen what Classic Mangog was able to do.

If it's really necessary, I will post some scans when I get a minute.
But, even then, you will still argue against them. I can tell already.

Here, maybe this will make you friendlier-
dance or maybe this bunny or even this toot
I'm really trying here.

So again.. no answer for this "Regardless of Thanos's showings, it would have to be shown that Thanos has had similar on-panel feats. Similar to defeating an entire civilization of Asgardian Gods. Warriors, Super-Weapons, Defenses, Thor and Odin.

You can't produce scans because they don't exist. Classic Mangog NEVER beat Odin, Thor and All of Asgard at the end of the day WITH the greatest of ease as you maintain. Those scans don't exist. Since you can't answer I will ask Rage who knows as much if not more than anybody about Thor and Odin.. RAGE... can you please help him out and post the scans or issue numbers where Mangog easily beats Odin and all of asgard with little effort?

What's funny though, is you tried to highlight a post where I was spot on and everything I said was factual. So I will ask you... Did a clone of Thanos not order around Mangog throughout the duration of the comic? Nothing about that is untrue.. or please point out which part.

Though I will say, you're not half bad and I did like the toot LOL

Rage.Of.Olympus
If I see it, mood, your tone, if it's just a bait thread in an attempt to antagonize me, etc.

So a very arbitrary set of reasons that you ultimately have final say on. I guess that's fair since it's your opinion I'm asking for.

How about you tell what type of thread it has to be for you to deem it worthy of a reply?

Nihilist
What did Silver age Mangog do that makes people thin k he stomps/runs a train on Thanos apart from the usual anti Thanos/butthurt about Quan stance.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Come on Ragey... I'm waiting...

Rage.Of.Olympus
blink

Waiting on what? Did I stand you up on a date or something? If so, it's probably because your a disgustingly fat, Thanos loving, slob.

ahah

KuRuPT Thanosi
lol.... NO.. I was talking to another fellow on the previous page who claimed that Mangog has defeated the entire asgard civilization including Odin and Thor with little effort and no damage. I've never read any such thing, but figured, since you're up the Asgardians anal cavity like on other.. I figured you would produce the scans or issue numbers.

quanchi112
So a very arbitrary set of reasons that you ultimately have final say on. I guess that's fair since it's your opinion I'm asking for.

How about you tell what type of thread it has to be for you to deem it worthy of a reply? I was going to answer this until I read this

blink

Waiting on what? Did I stand you up on a date or something? If so, it's probably because your a disgustingly fat, Thanos loving, slob.

ahah You blew it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
lol.... NO.. I was talking to another fellow on the previous page who claimed that Mangog has defeated the entire asgard civilization including Odin and Thor with little effort and no damage. I've never read any such thing, but figured, since you're up the Asgardians anal cavity like on other.. I figured you would produce the scans or issue numbers.

Mangog has never beaten Odin. He IIRC appeared in Asgard and grabbed Odin from his chamber when he was already unconscious and weakened (Can't remember why but I remember it being weak compared to Stan Lee's 'blink and Galaxies are born' version). Then Odin appeared while

I do remember Odin being worried about Mangog not being able to ever fully be destroyed. Then again, while weakened he used the very last of his power to completely seal Mangog away from hate to the point he shrunk so much he vanished.

Been a while since I read that arc (It was very boring and tedious) but I also remember Thor doing a lot better against that Mangog than the original.

I was going to answer this until I read this

You blew it.

You're just upset because Kurupt was going to put out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Mangog has never beaten Odin. He IIRC appeared in Asgard and grabbed Odin from his chamber when he was already unconscious and weakened (Can't remember why but I remember it being weak compared to Stan Lee's 'blink and Galaxies are born' version). Then Odin appeared while

I do remember Odin being worried about Mangog not being able to ever fully be destroyed. Then again, while weakened he used the very last of his power to completely seal Mangog away from hate to the point he shrunk so much he vanished.

Been a while since I read that arc (It was very boring and tedious) but I also remember Thor doing a lot better against that Mangog than the original.

Just as I suspected... it never happened.... Thanks you Thorbag

quanchi112

You're just upset because Kurupt was going to put out. Watch what you say about my thanosi.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just as I suspected... it never happened.... Thanks you Thorbag

I'll double check later to make sure and PM you but my memory regarding Thor related shit is usually spot on, even if I haven't read it in a while.

Cheer up, we'll go out next Friday. Though I'll probably need some disguise, can't risk being seen in public with the likes of you. hmm

Watch what you say about my thanosi.

So how will I know whether I'm picking up you or Kurupt?

Silent Master

Quan was never going to answer, it's kind of sad when a "grown man" can't admit that a fictional character would lose.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That was transparently obvious (I knew that going in) but whatever, everyone has their quirks.

quanchi112
I'll double check later to make sure and PM you but my memory regarding Thor related shit is usually spot on, even if I haven't read it in a while.

Cheer up, we'll go out next Friday. Though I'll probably need some disguise, can't risk being seen in public with the likes of you. hmm

So how will I know whether I'm picking up you or Kurupt? Sadly for your sake I am into the females.Originally posted by Silent Master
Quan was never going to answer, it's kind of sad when a "grown man" can't admit that a fictional character would lose. When people are polite and stick to the thread topic you can't go wrong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sadly for your sake I am into the females.

Sadly for my sake? I must be missing out on really a wonderful night.

quanchi112
Sadly for my sake? I must be missing out on really a wonderful night. I'd take you to applebees and treat you right.

Silent Master
That was transparently obvious (I knew that going in) but whatever, everyone has their quirks.

He is rather predictable.

quanchi112
He is rather predictable. Irony.

Horrificus

You're just upset because Kurupt was going to put out. Odin and a group of the "Old Gods" as he called his companions, ride out to meet Mangog. As they are crosing some sort of bridge, Mangog shatters it. Most die. Then, as Mangog approaches Odin, Odin talks of the end of Asgard, or something like that. The next thing shown, is Mangog taunting Thor with the unconscious body of Odin. Whatever Mangog did to Odin, Thor was unable to wake him.

This was either in Thor 154 or Thor 155.

And it was not the Odin sleep, or a depowered Odin.

Horrificus
March of Mangog I - His Fun-Filled, First Appearance!
Join me to celebrate a magical, whimsical journey, as Mangog destroys his way through Asgard. Yes, view it now, for free! As that old rascal, Mangog, dishes out spankings and spouts curses to all who cross his path, (mostly involving pompous, shiny Asgardian Gods who previously thought of themselves as the Lords of All Creation)!
Listen in awe, as the funky Mangog repeats, over and over, that he is made of a "Billion Billion Beings"!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=531561&pagenumber=2

janus77
bump

OneDumbG0
Yeah, classic Mangog wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Yeah, classic Mangog wins. No, no he doesn't.

Prep-Man
mangog.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
mangog. Based on ?

Batman-Prime
Thanos wins.

Horrificus
lol.... NO.. I was talking to another fellow on the previous page who claimed that Mangog has defeated the entire asgard civilization including Odin and Thor with little effort and no damage. I've never read any such thing, but figured, since you're up the Asgardians anal cavity like on other.. I figured you would produce the scans or issue numbers. I (being the other fellow) proved what Mangog has done, with scans in that other thread.
And, as I have stated, you just moved onto your next, weak point, without ever acknowledging what I showed.

Very Weak.

Understand, there is a difference between "debating" and "arguing".

I understand that many of you are all excited about discovering Thanos!
And, you think he's just just super-neat and I'm very happy for you.

But, there are years and years of history, on-panel, that I see getting ignored in these forums every day. There are characters and feats and statements that do not always jibe with the brief fraction of time you have been reading these books.

Unless Marvel performs a "Crisis" the way DC did, all those old characters, feats and statements still apply. Whether you like it or not. Whether you have read them or not.
Find a way to read them, then you can debate about old characters like Mangog without looking like a fanboy.
But, don't argue first, without knowing ALL the facts. Demanding scans from somebody and STILL never having the maturity or honor to recognize what you see.
Respect the effort. Respect the old panels.
Some of us enjoy sharing our knowledge and scans of old books and past events of interest. And, some of you make some of us question why. wink

JakeTheBank
Tbf, I have a really difficult time imagining what Thanos could do to stop Classic Mangog. I'm not part of the "Thanos Brigade" or anything, but I do give Thanos credit where credit is due.

Horrificus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Tbf, I have a really difficult time imagining what Thanos could do to stop Classic Mangog. I'm not part of the "Thanos Brigade" or anything, but I do give Thanos credit where credit is due. Yup. Thanos is a great character. Let's hope they don't keep upping his power. Then we wouldn't get to read all the cool ways he uses strategy, will and knowledge to defeat more powerful foes and gain goals that are way out of reach for most characters.
All hail, "Thanos Quest"!

And, let's hope that Hollywood Life doesn't ruin him in the near future.

the Darkone
Yup. Thanos is a great character. Let's hope they don't keep upping his power. Then we wouldn't get to read all the cool ways he uses strategy, will and knowledge to defeat more powerful foes and gain goals that are way out of reach for most characters.
All hail, "Thanos Quest"!

And, let's hope that Hollywood Life doesn't ruin him in the near future.

I dont see Thanos beating a being like Classic Mangog straight up, he doesn't have enough power with the like of Classic Odin too challenge Mangog, it Odin death too beat him. Classic MAngog wins!!!

Nihilist
Originally posted by Nihilist
What did Silver age Mangog do that makes people thin k he stomps/runs a train on Thanos apart from the usual anti Thanos/butthurt about Quan stance. Still waiting

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nothing. Thanos would outssmart and outmanuever him just like he did PG Thor n Champion with PG. That is just Thanos. Some silly brute isn't going to beat Thanos.

JakeTheBank
What would Thanos do to outsmart him?

Thanos outsmarted and outmaneuvered Thor w/PG because of his experimental weapon he just happened to have on hand in the facility, which is the very definition of plot device, imho.

EDIT: According to OP, there's no tech allowed and fight takes place in Asgard, so under his own power, not sure what Thanos could do to beat him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What do you mean you don't know how he would win.. YOu act like Thanos isn't powerful and good at h2h or blasting.. He's beat high heralds with his bare hands with ease to within an ich of their lives... He's one shot killed High Herald...You act like Thanos isn't strong... He's treated brutes known for their strength like weak feebs. You act like Thanos isn't versatile in his powers... you act like Thanos can't n wouldn't use the one weapon that he is exponentionally superior at, than the best feats for Mangog against Odn and Thor... His intelligence. To say you don't see what he could do.... makes me believe you don't know all of the above.

JakeTheBank
What do you mean you don't know how he would win.. YOu act like Thanos isn't powerful and good at h2h or blasting.. He's beat high heralds with his bare hands with ease to within an ich of their lives... He's one shot killed High Herald...You act like Thanos isn't strong... He's treated brutes known for their strength like weak feebs. You act like Thanos isn't versatile in his powers... you act like Thanos can't n wouldn't use the one weapon that he is exponentionally superior at, than the best feats for Mangog against Odn and Thor... His intelligence. To say you don't see what he could do.... makes me believe you don't know all of the above.

The hell? erm How do I act like Thanos isn't powerful or good at H2H and blasting? I know full well what Thanos has done to High Heralds and how smart he is and all that Titan goodness. Don't get silly and indignant because I asked a legitimate question.

Barring plot device, tech, and prep, how does Thanos' intelligence beat Classic Mangog here? Being smarter than someone is great, but you need to, y'know, have to be able to do something about it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So let me get this straight... I'm suppose to come up with a way in which Marvel's writers or anybody who have Thanos beat Mangog? Is that really what you're asking me? When you're a certified genuis like Thanos, Doom, Reed, Batman... you come up with ways via your intelligence.. the fact that you're asking me what good that would do or how he would do it... is well silly if you don't mind me saying. I like you Jake, but asking me to come up with the way Thanos intelligence would play out is impossible. Yet, we know it often does in comics time and time again.. just like the people I listed. To say it wouldn't be a factor or help is completly ignoring the character and his history.

JakeTheBank
So let me get this straight... I'm suppose to come up with a way in which Marvel's writers or anybody who have Thanos beat Mangog? Is that really what you're asking me? When you're a certified genuis like Thanos, Doom, Reed, Batman... you come up with ways via your intelligence.. the fact that you're asking me what good that would do or how he would do it... is well silly if you don't mind me saying. I like you Jake, but asking me to come up with the way Thanos intelligence would play out is impossible. Yet, we know it often does in comics time and time again.. just like the people I listed. To say it wouldn't be a factor or help is completly ignoring the character and his history.

First of all, lol at including Batman in the group of people you mentioned. stick out tongue

Secondly, and on a more serious note, yes, it's a very valid question. Let's use Mr. Reed Richards himself as an example. He's arguably the smartest guy in comics and given the resources and time to do so, can, and has, saved the multiverse and stopped almost any threat imaginable. But Reed still needs the time to enact such a plan as well as the means to execute it. Put Reed against Thor in a fight and give him prep before hand and it's going to be spite against Thor. If he doesn't have that prep time and/or special equipment on hand, all of his intelligence will mean jack shit.

Thanos is decidedly more powerful than Reed, but the same concept still applies. His intelligence is a defining trait for him, but without prep time and without tech, how does that benefit him so greatly against Classic Mangog? If you gave him prep and whatnot, I'd be the first to assume that Thanos could beat him, but dropped in the middle of Asgard with just his bare hands and powers at disposal, I'm not seeing how Thanos' intelligence winds up beating Mangog. Since you're the one claiming it's a huge boon for Thanos - which it is in the general sense - it's up to you to at least put forth a semi-plausible scenario in which Thanos' intelligence beats Mangog in a direct confrontation. Just citing "He's Thanos" or a variation of it doesn't cut it for me, at least.

I really don't think I'm asking for much here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First of all, lol at including Batman in the group of people you mentioned. stick out tongue

Secondly, and on a more serious note, yes, it's a very valid question. Let's use Mr. Reed Richards himself as an example. He's arguably the smartest guy in comics and given the resources and time to do so, can, and has, saved the multiverse and stopped almost any threat imaginable. But Reed still needs the time to enact such a plan as well as the means to execute it. Put Reed against Thor in a fight and give him prep before hand and it's going to be spite against Thor. If he doesn't have that prep time and/or special equipment on hand, all of his intelligence will mean jack shit.

Thanos is decidedly more powerful than Reed, but the same concept still applies. His intelligence is a defining trait for him, but without prep time and without tech, how does that benefit him so greatly against Classic Mangog? If you gave him prep and whatnot, I'd be the first to assume that Thanos could beat him, but dropped in the middle of Asgard with just his bare hands and powers at disposal, I'm not seeing how Thanos' intelligence winds up beating Mangog. Since you're the one claiming it's a huge boon for Thanos - which it is in the general sense - it's up to you to at least put forth a semi-plausible scenario in which Thanos' intelligence beats Mangog in a direct confrontation. Just citing "He's Thanos" or a variation of it doesn't cut it for me, at least.

I really don't think I'm asking for much here.

Well, that is just it.. you're forgetting about the times that Reed didn't need prep and had to come up with stuff on the fly. Same iwth your beloved Doom. Sure they are masters of prep, but they can also think on their feet so to speak... They haven't just done so with Prep. Same with Thanos.... in his showing against the Hunger this is perfectly seen... with foreign tech he didn't know and limited time.. he came up with the way to beat somebdoy Galactus couldn't stop. Part of Thanos quest wasn't just all prep.. he had to think on his feet to come up with ways to win.

Actually lets take a close look at this... so what exactly would Magog do.. if Thanos just stays in the air and start blasting Mangog? What is mangog going to do if Thanos just teleports away everytime mangog gets close and just starts blasting him some more... trying to drain his anger from him... using TP.. matter manipulate the land around mangog or try it on mangog personally... What exactly is mangog going to do? Just pound the ground in anger like the dumb brute he is. Mangog would never touch Thanos if Thanos didn't allow it. He could just stay away and stay away.. with a mere gesture send him away... So you tell me, how does mangog touch, let alone beat a thanos fighting smart using all of his abilities?

Horrificus
The hell? erm How do I act like Thanos isn't powerful or good at H2H and blasting? I know full well what Thanos has done to High Heralds and how smart he is and all that Titan goodness. Don't get silly and indignant because I asked a legitimate question.

Barring plot device, tech, and prep, how does Thanos' intelligence beat Classic Mangog here? Being smarter than someone is great, but you need to, y'know, have to be able to do something about it.
Correct, all the way around.
To state that Thanos would win by outssmarting and outmanuevering is very shaky. Thanos is just as guilty as any other Marvel character, of brutishly jumping into combat. And, getting beaten silly.

Elsewhere on these boards, I just posted a bunch of scans showing this very thing.

Mangog > Odin > Thanos

quanchi112
Correct, all the way around.
To state that Thanos would win by outssmarting and outmanuevering is very shaky. Thanos is just as guilty as any other Marvel character, of brutishly jumping into combat. And, getting beaten silly.

Elsewhere on these boards, I just posted a bunch of scans showing this very thing.

Mangog > Odin > Thanos When has Thnaos jumped into battle to get beaten silly ? Odin is greater than Mangog as well.

Horrificus
When has Thnaos jumped into battle to get beaten silly ? Odin is greater than Mangog as well. When Thanos jumped into battle against Odin, he was beaten silly, sad, sideways and sticky.

And, why say that Odin is greater than Mangog when Mangog has defeated him and Odin has said he cannot defeat Mangog?

quanchi112
When Thanos jumped into battle against Odin, he was beaten silly, sad, sideways and sticky.

And, why say that Odin is greater than Mangog when Mangog has defeated him and Odin has said he cannot defeat Mangog? Thanos was there to save Thor from himself and Odin jumped into battle without knowing the situation you constantly misrepresent what happens on panel. Thanos still wasn't put down while simple spells have defeated Mangog as has Thor himself.

Hell, a Thanos clone ordered him around like a servant.

OneDumbG0
Tbf, I have a really difficult time imagining what Thanos could do to stop Classic Mangog. I'm not part of the "Thanos Brigade" or anything, but I do give Thanos credit where credit is due. thumb up Classic Mangog was beastly.

Horrificus
Thanos was there to save Thor from himself and Odin jumped into battle without knowing the situation you constantly misrepresent what happens on panel. Thanos still wasn't put down while simple spells have defeated Mangog as has Thor himself.

I misrepresented nothing. I described what was on panel. YOU are the one that is delving into the mind of Thanos, somehow, and applying values and measurements that you can't possibly know.

And, yes, Thanos WAS put down. He was beaten to his knees. But, I guess that doesn't count.

A simple spell defeated Mangog? First of all, the first spell involved the release of billions of billions of individuals from the prison that was Mangog. It was stated, on panel, that this was the only way to defeat him.

The second time, Odin had to amp himself, as described on panel, with the use of a 2nd Mystic Well. Then, he cut Mangog off from his power supply.

This "simple spell" resulted in the death of Odin.

As far as the "Thanos clone" statement goes, I already showed Mangog stating, ON PANEL, that he allowed it because they had a shared vision.

But, since you know what they were REALLY thinking, I guess that really doesn't count either.

I guess you can't come up with ANY similar situations, such as Captain America, Reed Richards, etc., being able to give orders to heavy hitters out of respect, or due to having a "shared vision".

confused

Once you begin applying your own values and claiming to know what the thoughts and inner goals are for these characters, especially when they are not reflected by activity on-panel, you are taking these debates into chaos.

Horrificus
Thanos was there to save Thor from himself and Odin jumped into battle without knowing the situation you constantly misrepresent what happens on panel. Thanos still wasn't put down while simple spells have defeated Mangog as has Thor himself.

In the interest of "civility", will you at least admit that, even if we disagree on the interpretation of some details, I have still shown proof (scans) that CAN be taken as evidence supporting my arguments?

quanchi112
I misrepresented nothing. I described what was on panel. YOU are the one that is delving into the mind of Thanos, somehow, and applying values and measurements that you can't possibly know.

And, yes, Thanos WAS put down. He was beaten to his knees. But, I guess that doesn't count.

A simple spell defeated Mangog? First of all, the first spell involved the release of billions of billions of individuals from the prison that was Mangog. It was stated, on panel, that this was the only way to defeat him.

The second time, Odin had to amp himself, as described on panel, with the use of a 2nd Mystic Well. Then, he cut Mangog off from his power supply.

This "simple spell" resulted in the death of Odin.

As far as the "Thanos clone" statement goes, I already showed Mangog stating, ON PANEL, that he allowed it because they had a shared vision.

But, since you know what they were REALLY thinking, I guess that really doesn't count either.

I guess you can't come up with ANY similar situations, such as Captain America, Reed Richards, etc., being able to give orders to heavy hitters out of respect, or due to having a "shared vision".

confused

Once you begin applying your own values and claiming to know what the thoughts and inner goals are for these characters, especially when they are not reflected by activity on-panel, you are taking these debates into chaos. When someone rises up and denies submission that isn't losing. The battle was then interrupted. If you want to claim Odin won despite him turning Odin down you are misrepresenting. Odin also picked a fight with him without knowing the groups intentions. You claimed Thanos showed up wanting to fight Odin. That's called misrepresenting.

It was a simple spell to Odin and ye it easily defeated a being with that many inside him.

The Thanos clone manipulated him just like the real Thanos manipulated Terrax. He's a foot soldier to a Thanos clone the people at marvel see Thanos as the biggest baddest villain in their universe they see Mangog as just a powerful threat not even in the same league.

quanchi112
In the interest of "civility", will you at least admit that, even if we disagree on the interpretation of some details, I have still shown proof (scans) that CAN be taken as evidence supporting my arguments? I never said you didn't put forth scans supporting your case but I just don't like it when you misrepresent the outcome of battles or Thanos' intentions concerning the Odin battle.

the Darkone
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
thumb up Classic Mangog was beastly.

You mean beastly on cosmic steroids, Mangog wins!!

Horrificus
When someone rises up and denies submission that isn't losing. The battle was then interrupted. If you want to claim Odin won despite him turning Odin down you are misrepresenting. Odin also picked a fight with him without knowing the groups intentions. You claimed Thanos showed up wanting to fight Odin. That's called misrepresenting.

It was a simple spell to Odin and ye it easily defeated a being with that many inside him.

The Thanos clone manipulated him just like the real Thanos manipulated Terrax. He's a foot soldier to a Thanos clone the people at marvel see Thanos as the biggest baddest villain in their universe they see Mangog as just a powerful threat not even in the same league.
The simple spell was an alternative to combat because destroying them as a race AND as the Mangog was not possible. This is stated on panel.
AND, the simple spell actually killed Odin once.
What Odin did, was to AVOID battle. A battle he stated that he could not win.

It would be like somebody turning Galactus into "Galan", then having it claimed that Galactus was beaten in combat. That would not go over well in here.

And, I never said that Mangog could not be manipulated. Or that he couldn't be controlled. Heck, he was controlled by a skinny magician in his third Asgardian story arc. "Ingron", I think was the name. He wasn't more powerful, but Mangog listened to him.
Juggernaut listening to Black Tom.
Hulk listening to Rick.
Thor listening to Captain America.
Superman listening to Batman, (sometimes).
This point means nothing.

As far as the Thanos/Odin battle goes-
Never in the battle does Thanos try to defuse it or explain. He was decided he needs to defeat Odin. Period.
Thanos states: "in my version, righteous Thanos triumphs over craven Odin". One way or another, he was trying to defeat Odin.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/ThanosoverOdin.jpg

quanchi112
The simple spell was an alternative to combat because destroying them as a race AND as the Mangog was not possible. This is stated on panel.
AND, the simple spell actually killed Odin once.
What Odin did, was to AVOID battle. A battle he stated that he could not win.

It would be like somebody turning Galactus into "Galan", then having it claimed that Galactus was beaten in combat. That would not go over well in here.

And, I never said that Mangog could not be manipulated. Or that he couldn't be controlled. Heck, he was controlled by a skinny magician in his third Asgardian story arc. "Ingron", I think was the name. He wasn't more powerful, but Mangog listened to him.
Juggernaut listening to Black Tom.
Hulk listening to Rick.
Thor listening to Captain America.
Superman listening to Batman, (sometimes).
This point means nothing.

As far as the Thanos/Odin battle goes-
Never in the battle does Thanos try to defuse it or explain. He was decided he needs to defeat Odin. Period.
The point is Odin easily defeated him. he posed no threat to Odin and was easily dealt with.

The same Mangog was defeated far easier than the Thanos clone. The Thanos clone was far mighter than Mangog in the same story.

Thanos battles Odin because he realizes words won't stop Odin's attack. He doesn't trust Thanos and Thanos isn't going to back down from him. Odin told his men to attack and then joined the fight. Others who Odin trusted explained the situation and he stopped. Thanos didn't continue because his intention was never to go to asgard to go to war with them. Ever.

D-Block
In a spur of the moment fight Classic Mangog wins. Classic Mangog could actually harm Odin where as Thanos could not. Yeah Thanos has had some upgrades but not Elite Skyfather beating upgrades that I know of.

Nihilist
Originally posted by D-Block
In a spur of the moment fight Classic Mangog wins. Classic Mangog could actually harm Odin where as Thanos could not. Yeah Thanos has had some upgrades but not Elite Skyfather beating upgrades that I know of. So you dont think current avatar of death Thanos could harm Odin.

Silent Master
Harm Odin, maybe

Beat Odin, no

lilshogun
SA Mangog is Physically superior but when Thanos thinks then murder he wrotes. Again what if this is Thanos banned from Death version. His durability will be off the charts.

iceman24567
Thanos didn't submit but he sure as hell lost that fight

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos didn't submit but he sure as hell lost that fight The fight didn't end.

D-Block
Originally posted by Nihilist
So you dont think current avatar of death Thanos could harm Odin.
I Think he would do alot better and would be able to harm Odin but I don't think he would have a chance of beating Odin.

Horrificus
The fight didn't end. Panel says differently:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/over.jpg

Then, it took 7 panels, with Odin taking no action against a fallen Thanos, for Thanos to get back to his feet and say he does not yield.

Odin wanted to beat Thanos down. If this was for blood, he wouldn't have looked for the concession from Thanos.

Thanos was beaten. Requesting or giving a verbal acknowledgement is more about an offer of "mercy" from the victor and an attempt to retain "pride" from the defeated, than anything else.

Galan007
In UFC, if 'fighter a' pummels 'fighter b' for all 3 rounds without KO'ing him, 'fighter b' still lost the fight.

Same thing here. Odin beat the crap out of Thanos for most of the issue--Thanos not being KO'd and refusing to yield, doesn't change the fact that he still lost the fight from a technical aspect.

quanchi112
Panel says differently:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/over.jpg

Then, it took 7 panels, with Odin taking no action against a fallen Thanos, for Thanos to get back to his feet and say he does not yield.

Odin wanted to beat Thanos down. If this was for blood, he wouldn't have looked for the concession from Thanos.

Thanos was beaten. Requesting or giving a verbal acknowledgement is more about an offer of "mercy" from the victor and an attempt to retain "pride" from the defeated, than anything else. That meansn the fight wasn't over. Odin prematurely thought Thanos was defeated. Through the course of the battle he grew to respect Thanos as an adversary and upon realizing he wasn't defeated gave him the option to give up. Thanos denied the request.

The battle wasn't over hence no loser no winner.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
In UFC, if 'fighter a' pummels 'fighter b' for all 3 rounds without KO'ing him, 'fighter b' still lost the fight.

Same thing here. Odin beat the crap out of Thanos for most of the issue--Thanos not being KO'd and refusing to yield, doesn't change the fact that he still lost the fight from a technical aspect. This isn't a ufc fight. You are taking one sports rules and applying it here to a street fight. laughing out loud

Horrificus
After panels of Thanos being brutally punished, the writer made sure the panel states Odin's thought's. "At last. It is over".
This is done for a reason.
Then, Thanos is shown on his knees, while Odin offers him a chance to avoid taking more punishment.
Then, several panels are shown, to see the effort it takes for Thanos to even stand up. Also, showing Thanos is tough.

All of that was done to show he was defeated. THAT is the point to those panels.
There is no evidence that supports your opinion, that the point to the panels was to show that Thanos was STILL in the fight and it was not finished.
The entire battle showed a one-sided combat, ending in a decimated Thanos and a shiny new Odin offering a way out.

You are interjecting your feelings again.

Horrificus
This isn't a ufc fight. You are taking one sports rules and applying it here to a street fight. laughing out loud Also, if we use your argument, do you understand we would have to go back and dig into every battle Thanos ever had where his opponent either did not verbally yield, or was able to stand up after the battle?

It would end up negating some of Thanos' wins as well.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Galan007

Same thing here. Odin beat the crap out of Thanos for most of the issue--Thanos not being KO'd and refusing to yield, doesn't change the fact that he still lost the fight from a technical aspect.

Odin defeated Thanos period, if I was judge it was unamious, that being said Classic Mangog is on the same level as PC Validus walking a$$ kickers, Thanos will have to be very, very elusive, if Thanos couldnt phase Odin he sure in hell isn't harming Mangog, unless he has CC or Chalice of Power!

quanchi112
Also, if we use your argument, do you understand we would have to go back and dig into every battle Thanos ever had where his opponent either did not verbally yield, or was able to stand up after the battle?

It would end up negating some of Thanos' wins as well. You can say Odin was winning the battle up until was stopped. That's what the comic clearly shows. Thanos wanted more and was ready for more. That isn't a loss and it wasn't a ufc match with judges.

quanchi112
After panels of Thanos being brutally punished, the writer made sure the panel states Odin's thought's. "At last. It is over".
This is done for a reason.
Then, Thanos is shown on his knees, while Odin offers him a chance to avoid taking more punishment.
Then, several panels are shown, to see the effort it takes for Thanos to even stand up. Also, showing Thanos is tough.

All of that was done to show he was defeated. THAT is the point to those panels.
There is no evidence that supports your opinion, that the point to the panels was to show that Thanos was STILL in the fight and it was not finished.
The entire battle showed a one-sided combat, ending in a decimated Thanos and a shiny new Odin offering a way out.

You are interjecting your feelings again. If he was defeated he would have been ko'd or accepted submission. Thanos knew he wasn't near death or defeat. Fighting Odin wasn't his purpose and saying he lost is showing bias because the fight was undecided.

Galan007
Odin defeated Thanos period Based on the battle we saw on panel, absolutely. thumb up

Horrificus
If he was defeated he would have been ko'd or accepted submission. Thanos knew he wasn't near death or defeat. Fighting Odin wasn't his purpose and saying he lost is showing bias because the fight was undecided. Thanos did not submit, because he is "Thanos".
He doesn't quit.
But, he still gets beaten.
And, again, going by your statements, there would be an uncountable number of combat results which would have to be overturned if we went by your criteria.
Including results that were once in Thanos' favor.

And, I'm sorry, but you stating, again, what Thanos KNEW, "Thanos knew he wasn't near death or defeat.", is getting kind of creepy. confused

lilshogun
Agreed, Thanos took alot of Odin's blast in Asgard. You can clearly see Thanos was bruised and damaged lightly and was smiling. When he rose to his feet, his body healed in a minute. He has one bad to the bone healing factor. Even Odin was in Awe with Thanos. Mind you, Odin was using his his Odin Sceptor while battling Thanos with nothing.

You can say Odin was winning the battle up until was stopped. That's what the comic clearly shows. Thanos wanted more and was ready for more. That isn't a loss and it wasn't a ufc match with judges.

quanchi112
Thanos did not submit, because he is "Thanos".
He doesn't quit.
But, he still gets beaten.
And, again, going by your statements, there would be an uncountable number of combat results which would have to be overturned if we went by your criteria.
Including results that were once in Thanos' favor.

And, I'm sorry, but you stating, again, what Thanos KNEW, "Thanos knew he wasn't near death or defeat.", is getting kind of creepy. confused Thanos won't forfeit his life when it's in jeopardy for no good reason. Look at the example against Galactus which also throws mud all over your theories on Thanos.

I go by the comics you go by ufc rules. Laughs.

Merlyn
Even if your opinion is that the fight wasn't over because Thanos had yet to submit, you still have to agree that Thanos lost the fight up to THAT point. BADLY.

That's all people are saying.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn
Even if your opinion is that the fight wasn't over because Thanos had yet to submit, you still have to agree that Thanos lost the fight up to THAT point. BADLY.

That's all people are saying. I have never denied Thanos was losing up until the point that it was stopped. Not once. saying he lost is completely different than saying he was losing a fight that ended before someone won the fight.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>