The Hunter (Willem Dafoe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
He played God. Now he's playing The Hunter. All behold the great and powerful Willem Dafoe...

vW6W36-oWCU

Patient_Leech
It's a shame that no one here has an appreciation for how awesome Willem Dafoe is. I actually think this looks kinda good. Almost a little Deliverance-esque.

Kazenji
I heard about this movie because it came out last year

goes looking for the Tasmanian tiger.

Myth
Wow, that looks really intriguing.

Esau Cairn
It's more of a slow drama than action/adventure.
More focus on Dafoe's character adjusting to the wilderness & befriending a mother & daughter then hunting the Tazzy Tiger...

Manchub
Who has seen it? I saw a trailer awhile ago and it sparked my interest. It looks like a slow-burning character study, which I love. Plus, anything with a backdrop that gorgeous deserves to be watched.

And yes, Willem Dafoe is underrated and underused. He can be insanely terrifying and then ridiculously sympathetic.

Patient_Leech
This is a nice, simple, beautifully shot little film. I recommend it. A little predictable? Yes, I saw some things coming, but it didn't bother me, cuz it's intriguing, well done, and it's Willem Dafoe.

Don't watch that trailer up there before you see it, though. It shows way too much. And it's a little deceptive, cuz it is sort of slow moving, but it works well... kind of sucks you in.

thumb up

Ascendancy
Hah, then get a mod to take the trailer down. I just watched it. Might have to see if I can catch this at Redbox or something.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This is a nice, simple, beautifully shot little film. I recommend it. A little predictable? Yes, I saw some things coming, but it didn't bother me, cuz it's intriguing, well done, and it's Willem Dafoe.

Don't watch that trailer up there before you see it, though. It shows way too much. And it's a little deceptive, cuz it is sort of slow moving, but it works well... kind of sucks you in.

thumb up

I totally agree, the simplicity & beautiful locations was the core of this film & Dafoe blended right in.

My only disappointment was the mother & daughter dying in the fire. Very sad but convenient.

RE: Blaxican
...why would you spoil that last part? LOL

mkt07
Willem Dafoe is truly a hunter. his role in the movie Hollow man was truly amazing. This man is truly a hunter.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, bro... why would you spoil that??

But seriously, I'd probably give this little film a good 8 or 9 / 10. It didn't try to be more than it needed to be. It dealt with a nice, simply little story that actually has some layers to it if you want to find them, and the direction doesn't try too hard either. It just lets it play out like it should. Very good. Plus I'm kind of a sucker for beautiful natural scenery like this.

Originally posted by mkt07
Willem Dafoe is truly a hunter. his role in the movie Hollow man was truly amazing. This man is truly a hunter.

AMEN, bot poster!!! PREACH THE GOSPEL OF DAFOE!!! HE IS TRULY A HUNTER INDEED!!! A HUNTER OF MEN!!!

rudester
you love your dafoe..he's your hoe...?

it does look good ill watch it..

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by rudester
you love your dafoe..he's your hoe...?

Don't speak of the Dafoe that way. mad

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Tasmania is beautiful but if you remember the mountain range behind the house, they were actually cgi-ed from another location to make the location of the house more secluded than it was...

Patient_Leech
Well, that don't bother me none, bro. Worked just fine whatever they did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.