What's Your Favorite Movie - and Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

siriuswriter
We've discussed a lot in here the changing of the books to the movies, how some people dislike the outcomes, but we've never actually discussed which films we like the most.

Click on your favorite movie, or if you have more than one, write both. Rank them from number one to number eight and describe why you think it's the best.

the ninjak
Prisoner of Azkaban was the best. It's the best story and the best directed.
Sorceror's Stone second. For it's the classic.
And the Deathly Hallows 1 & 2 come in 3rd and 4th. For they were more exiting.

Patient_Leech
I know i'm probably in the (severe) minority here, but I thought Order of the Phoenix was the best. I've never read the books, and everyone who has says it's the worst book and Prisoner of Azkaban is the best. But I didn't like Azkaban even though I like the director, because I thought the subject matter sucked. Time-travel in movies almost always gets on my nerves.. (except Ninja Turtles 3 of course, haha). But the reason I liked Order of the Phoenix so much was because I thought it was pretty brilliant commentary on totalitarianism with Umbridge coming in. And then the finale with Voldemort was excellent.. kind of Star Wars-esque good side vs. the dark side within Harry.

sharmaalisha807
Skyfall movie is my best movie.

Alvincarlton
Jhonny English because it is just so funny
I also like freaky friday

Chrislove22
Deathly Hallows. Actors are older and better. Storyline has more depth and the stakes are higher. Plus, the special effects aren't cheesy like in the first 3.

Vacare
Hmm.

elrond72
Order of the Phoenix. It's the one where you can tell the characters are growing up and I think the one where the good guys are more vulnerable ie death of Sirius Black

Pure Passioné
The first one will always be my favourite.. It was filled with Innocence and magic.

Vensai
Prison of Azkaban was probably one of the first I watched and still is my fav.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Vensai
Prison of Azkaban was probably one of the first I watched and still is my fav. Which series do you favor; Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings ?

Vensai
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which series do you favor; Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings ?
That's a hard question. LoTR introduced many of the modern day epic themes found in culture today while Harry Potter focused more on themes like love and loyalty. On a whole, I think the LoTR had more higher quality adventure that I enjoyed but I also connected more personally with the boy who saves the world while going to school type of fun.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Vensai
That's a hard question. LoTR introduced many of the modern day epic themes found in culture today while Harry Potter focused more on themes like love and loyalty. On a whole, I think the LoTR had more higher quality adventure that I enjoyed but I also connected more personally with the boy who saves the world while going to school type of fun. I started out heavily favoring Lotr over Harry Potter. The first Lotr was by far my favorite Lotr film. The series got worse but Harry Potter went in the opposite direction. As they grew more mature and dark the movies skyrocketed IMO.

Both are the best or top two fantasy franchises without another clear competitor IMO but Harry Potter in the end is better looking at the series as a whole. Now granted there are two more Hobbits but I just view them as the number 2 of the two.

Gwizdo87
I think that the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix is the best because it is a turning point. The war will begin, everything is gonna be more dificult. Loved the fight at the Ministry. The Order and the Death Eaters arrived like angels and demons and i got stunned. big grin

However, it's is the saddest, because Siruis die.... I liked when Sirius came to take care of Harry, like a father to him...

But.. HP and the Order of Phoenix still is my favorite big grin

Vensai
Originally posted by Gwizdo87
I think that the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix is the best because it is a turning point. The war will begin, everything is gonna be more dificult. Loved the fight at the Ministry. The Order and the Death Eaters arrived like angels and demons and i got stunned. big grin

However, it's is the saddest, because Siruis die.... I liked when Sirius came to take care of Harry, like a father to him...

But.. HP and the Order of Phoenix still is my favorite big grin
Eh, the book itself was too long and the movie cut out lots of important plot points. It was a rather flawed movie.

Toby831
My favorite movie is Lord of the rings. I still watch it after 10 years. The reason I love it because it is all about adventure.

Cat Lady
My favorite HP movie is the Goblet of Fire. I really liked the tournament aspect.

Cinemaholic
I have to say I didn't like any of the movies that much. I really enjoyed the books much better, but still the books weren't that fantastic.

eyebuck108
My favourite movies are those I loved when I watched it for the first time and then could enjoy it when I watched them again.

Huravill
Prison of Azkaban was probably one of the first I watched and still is my fav.

SUPERWIZARD
I really liked harry potter and the prisoner of askaban because it was actually so thrilling Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance
And don't even get me started with Sirius laughing Happy Dance
stick out tongue Such a nice character and such a good plot, so yeah, harry potter and the prisoner of askaban love love love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.