Who would odin pick as thors replacement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
If odin had to pick who would he pick to replace thor.

Gladiator
Hercules
Silver Surfer
Superman

Silent Master
Either Gladiator or Hercules

Silent Master
Not a chance, Superman's reluctance to kill enemies (even during war) would prevent Odin from ever picking him.

rotiart
A guy that can fight.
Is good with the women.
Has a regal presence.
Knows how to handle true power?

The answer is the batman.

Stoic
Out of the list, I'd say that he would choose Superman, but I think that you should have included Captain America, because that's sure to be his number one choice.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Wangbanana
Not anymore.....

And even pre the changes Odin wouldn't of been stupid, he'd pick the guy who has won more comic battles than all the others put together.

Gladiator or Hercules would be better picks and Odin isn't stupid.

JakeTheBank
He likely wouldn't pick anyone on this list. None of them are worthy.

Silent Master
True, I did enjoy watching Superman fail to lift Mjolnir during the crossover.

Colossus-Big C
Since supes blocked with his hand while on the ground would thor be better off letting it go?

Glorificus
Maybe Hercules to spite his rival Zeus. stick out tongue

Mshinu
Naturally Odin would pick Volstagg.

From that list, Herc. Boyscouts like supes are definately not worthy and Glads` blind loyalty kind of disqualifies him too. Surfer might actually be a half decent pick, but he would need to spend a lot of time in the mead hall, plus weapons training.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Silent Master
True, I did enjoy watching Superman fail to lift Mjolnir during the crossover.
No kidding, you did enjoy that scene.

Cogito
Beta Ray Bill

quanchi112
Hercules.

Nietzschean
Odin would begrudgingly give it to Hercules if not Silver Surfer.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Gladiator
Hercules
Silver Surfer
Superman
I'm leaning towards Gladiator. Not because I think he is the most powerful, but for other reasons.

Hercules- Sometimes a buffoon, sometimes serious, but too unpredictable.

Surfer and Supes- very powerful, but a little too wishy-washy and definitely not with the Asgardian Warrior God mind-set. Also, no experience as royalty, as it exists in Asgard.

Gladiator, however, already has the whole warrior-duty-honor-thing. He also has spent much of his time in the presence of high royalty. He would understand how it works and what is expected of him.

janus77
Out of that lot, it has to be Gladiator. As others have stated, Surfer and Superman do not kill. Neither possesses Thor's temperament and lust for battle. So neither would be as aggressive and domineering as Thor.

Hercules, though boisterous and charming in his own way, is entirely without respect for his own father, how is he going to show any for Odin. The relationship would never work. Although, as he proved, he is a much better Thor than Thor. It's just that bit about being noble and cow-towing to Odin that'd be a big problem.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He likely wouldn't pick anyone on this list. None of them are worthy.

This.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Stoic
Out of the list, I'd say that he would choose Superman, but I think that you should have included Captain America, because that's sure to be his number one choice. When Thor makes Odin look down in disappointment Odin looks at captain america cursing the fact that Steve wasn't his son instead.

Sin I AM
wonder woman

Silent Master
Hmmmm; unlike Superman, she was actually deemed worthy.

Good choice.

CosmicComet
When Captain America throws his mighty mjolnir!
All those who chose to oppose mjolnir must fear! ♪♫

h1a8
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Gladiator
Hercules
Silver Surfer
Superman

Superman loves Earthlings too much (even bad ones) so his loyalty to Asgard would be more questionable than Thor's.

Hercules is possible but still has loyalties to Olympus
I doubt if he would drop those completely.

Silver Surfer is very loyal but again he would not be so quick to kill (but at least he has killed)

Gladiator is both loyal and willing to kill (but maybe too much).

the ninjak
Rogue.

Wangarama
Originally posted by Horrificus

Surfer and Supes- very powerful, but a little too wishy-washy and definitely not with the Asgardian Warrior God mind-set. Also, no experience as royalty, as it exists in Asgard.

Surfer wishy-washy? He has cause the genocide of countless planets......

Lord Feron
Gladiator will serve skyfather Odin well. Odin would never have to discipline Gladiator, would never have to argue with him, and gladiator would give everything he has to protect and serve Odin/Asgard. Close enough to Gladiator.

Newjak
From the list Gladiator

From anyone else,

Beta Ray Bill

MF DELPH
Yeah, definitely Gladiator. Loyal soldier, honor code already heavily indoctrinated into him, warrior mentality, no issues taking orders from a superior. Surprised Odin hasn't drafted him already.

"Id"
Siegfried of Dubhe Alpha, from the anime Saint Seiya.

It was never explained if he is the reincarnation of the legendary hero from the time of Myth. But he holds absolute loyalty to Asgard, its people, and its Gods.

Odin would be heavily impressed by the Human fighting ability, and code of honor.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YA1mYQYHd8s/SZXp5QI4l0I/AAAAAAAAAc0/BMN2tbjuBxU/s320/siegfried_alpha.jpg

Horrificus
Originally posted by Wangarama
Surfer wishy-washy? He has cause the genocide of countless planets...... And he is completely broken hearted about every bad thing he has ever done.
Surfer is a mess, guilt-wise.

Odin isn't going to want somebody that he needs to coddle all the time.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Uriel005
When Thor makes Odin look down in disappointment Odin looks at captain america cursing the fact that Steve wasn't his son instead.

Well Said thumb up

janus77
Originally posted by Horrificus
And he is completely broken hearted about every bad thing he has ever done.
Surfer is a mess, guilt-wise.

Odin isn't going to want somebody that he needs to coddle all the time.
Worse still, every so often, he's bound to betray Odin and side with whoever Odin's being mean to.

Also, imagine that gullible pacifist attitude coming into regular contact with Loki. Either he'll become Loki's pawn or, out of a moment of anger, he'll utterly atomize Loki and leave Odin aghast.

Sr J-Bieb
Tanarus

Newjak
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Yeah, definitely Gladiator. Loyal soldier, honor code already heavily indoctrinated into him, warrior mentality, no issues taking orders from a superior. Surprised Odin hasn't drafted him already. Plus he already has led the Shi'ar empire and considering a part of Thor's role it to eventually one day become king of Asgard Glads does have experience in running a large cosmic empire.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.