Beyond Lie the Looking Glass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DangerousBeauty

MadMel
Synapse was the first to wake up, as soon as he did, panic gripped him like iron chains.
Where am I?
Who was that old guy?
What is this?
How am I here?
What was up with that mirror?
Am I going to die?
Shut up and get a grip!!
A powerful voice sounded in his head. It was the voice of Synapse's former mentor. Synapse knew full well that the old man was dead, and the the voice was merely a memory, but it was enough to make him sit up and listen.
You are a mind mage. What is the point of all this power if you can't be quiet and use your head? Calm down and think, boy!
Synapse shook himself. Of course, the old man was right. Thrashing around like a fish out of water wasn't going to help him. He relaxed back into the uncomfortable earth, and in just a few seconds, he felt his consciousness explode forth like a great wave, rolling over everything. There were others here, just like him. Had they all fell the same way he had, though a magic mirror? The mentalist explored with his mind for a while, taking in his strange surroundings. As far as he could tell, he was on a hill that appeared to be the very centre of the world. The land around him was divided neatly into different sections of weather, very unlike the real world. Another curious phenomenon that Synapse noted was the apparent lack of animals. How did this place work without a proper weather system and animals?
Believing to have seen enough, Synapse opened his eyes properly, and got to his feet, wincing as the bruises on his body announced their presence. He didn't much like the situation he was in, no more than he liked the fact that the old man in the mirror had somehow overpowered him, the most powerful individual on earth, with such ease. Next time I see that old man, I'll show him what true power is! Synapse promised himself.

(>^^)>
What the hells had happened? Last he remembered Eldritch was watching nazi's burn and then tere was that old dude, then wa he fallig? Must have been falling because the landing hurt quite a bit. He moved his arms with a groan and pulled himself up, first to sitting then to his feet he looked around the new and unfamilar place he was in, grabbing a snack from up his sleeve as he did, "anybody else have a feeling kansas is long gone?" he asked the others around him

MadMel
Synapse had to briefly scan the newcomer's mind in order to get the joke, but even so he felt his efforts wasted - It still wasn't all that funny. He did, however, promise himself not to look any further into the stranger's thoughts. That would just be rude. "More importantly," he said, "did everyone else see an old man? I get the feeling he's behind all of this nonsense."

XvampbenjiiX666
"I'm going to break that damned mirror and...myself? No because it wasn't myself...where the Hell am I?" Benjii groaned as he opened his eyes slowly, squinting through the pain of a throbbing headache. He sat up slowly, grunting as he noticed other pain from his body. He blinked a couple of times as he opened his eyes a little more, looking around slowly. For the first time, he noticed that others were amongst him...others he didn't know. He glared a little, not sure what was going on. "Who are you? Where are we?" He looked down at his clothes and tilted his head "and why was i attacked by...myself and my wife's mirror?" He looked back up, a slight confused look on his face.

DangerousBeauty
"I can see people at the ruins!" Matilda called as they rode towards the hill. Three figures stood out clearly against the crumbled stone and sky. From the bottom of the hill Ranger could see that they were not from this world.

"He hasnt sent more through the mirror in a while. Thats odd." Ranger muttered to himself. "Hello up there!" He called tot he men. His hand laid upon his bow. Matilda watched the men from her saddle. Neither of them dared step foot upon the hill.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii looked for the source of the new voices, still confused as to what was going on. He stood up slowly, arms stretched out to keep his balance. "Hello? Who's there?" He looked around until finally noticing the two at the bottom of the hill. Squinting, he could see it was a man and woman and that the man was carrying a bow. Benjii tensed up slightly, ready to attack if need be. "Hello down there. Who are you two and why the Hell are we here? Better yet, where the Hell is here?" He his claws grow slowly, wishing, for the first time, that he and Infernus were never seperated.
(using a ps3 so line judging is a little bit of a challenge)

(>^^)>
(*listens to lovely cricket songs* sorry for not posting before my absence)
Eldritch bowed to the other victims of similar fates around him it was a bow of great dignity and composure that he did so naturally it was clearly habitual and done very often.
"I am Nathan Eldritch, pleased to meet you all of course," he told them as he straightened up and fixed his right glove with a gentle tug, it stuck out from the green and brown clothing he wore that was soaked in mud and spots of blood with a couple belts with pouches and ammo clips for the rifle on his back and pistol at his side. His head snapped towards the sound of a more distant greeting than the groans and complaints of these men, paying little mind to any danger that may be present he approached the peak of the hill to get a proper look at the man below "hello kind sir! You wouldn't happen to be able to tell me where I am or better yet how I may return to London...though it doesn't have to be London, any major city shall I suppose."

MadMel
"I don't think that would be possible, given the present circumstances." Synapse had moved closer to the others. "We are in a realm far removed from our own, or rather, far removed our respective homes." He started walking downhill, towards the newcomers. "You two. Can you please tell us where we are? I could force the answers from you, but I would rather be courteous. I'm synapse, by the way."

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii stared at Synapse as he walked down the hill to the newcomers. "Did you just threaten the only people around that may know how to get us back home to our loved ones?!" His confusion faded to anger as he kept seeing the mirror version of himself hug and kiss his wife. Glaring, he started walking down the hill as well, catching up to Synapse. "I don't know who you are but I won't let you hinder my chances of getting back home..."

MadMel
"If you listened carefully to what I said, you would know I did no such thing," Synapse replied cooly. "I'm merely stating the truth. After all, lying or concealing the truth can be extremely rude when you're the only person who can." He turned away from Benjii, intent on hearing an answer from Matilda and Ranger.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii growled and walked past Synapse, staring at the two at the bottom of the hill. "I'll do the talking. Courteous my ass." he stopped and remembered that the man down the hill might have a weapon. "Maybe you can do the talking since you have SUCH a way with words. Please, after you..." he smiled as he waited, thinking to himself, "And maybe they might kill you. Or maybe I might...kind of hungry."

MadMel
*You may be going hungry for a while then, vampire...* There was a faint note of amusement in Synapse's mental voice as he spoke telepathically to Benjii's mind. The mentalist had not turned around nor spoken aloud, but stood waiting patiently for an answer that was yet to be given.
*Fascinating... two thousand years and still you have a seventeen year old's attitude... Ah! But once again I am prying. Forgive me. It's a bad habit my master never quite worked out of me. All the same, I think you should know - I believe these people don't intend to harm us. They merely arm themselves in self defense.*
In that case, Synapse thought only to himself, the real question is why? Perhaps we are not the first to arrive in this fashion... How many people has that old man claimed with his damned mirror?

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii blinked as he listened to Synapse talk to him telepathically. "You would think I'd be upset that someone is in my head. Surprisingly, I'm used to it...damn her..." he sighed as he thought of Kiki. "Look, Ijust want to get back to my family and my...friend. And most of all, I want to get back and kill the bastard whom brought me here!" He realised he had been shouting and went quiet, staring down the hill.

MadMel
Seeing Benji make a fool of himself had broken some of the tension Synapse had been feeling since he had arrived in this strange place. He started to laugh. "I guess the term 'inner monologue' is lost on you," he said, still chuckling. "I think we all want to get back to our respect homes, and of course seek revenge on this mirror man. The thing is, how do we go about it?"

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjjii tilted his head towards the people down the hill. "Maybe they might know how to get home or at least tell us where we are. I am really going to need a stiff drink after this is over with." He looked at the man down the hill, thinking. "How are we going to let him know that shooting at us won't be such good idea? Don't feel like killing one of the only people that can help us because of a misunderstanding." He blinked as a wave of nausea swept over him.

DangerousBeauty
"Ranger are these people sane? Perhaps the fall harmed their minds! Or worse! Ranger the Wizard has stolen their sanity!" Matilda drew a sign over her heart to ward off the devil as she spoke of the Wizard. She didnt know if the foul man had the ability to steal a mans sanity, but he could send people to a new and strange world. She assumed that is what happened here. One man.. And odd looking man... Was shouting about the mirror man and his wife. "Oh Ranger.. They have family on the other side.. Poor souls." She shook her head sadly.

Ranger was not impressed. He sat quietly until the two were done bickering like the birds in the spring country. He kept his bow strung, but placed the arrow back in the quiver. 'No point in having this ready.' He thought. 'These two couldnt lift a sword' He stood in his stirrups and shaded his eyes with his hand. "Come down! We do not set foot upon this hill! You will have to come to us." Ranger called to the men. In a lower tone he spoke to Matilda. "Stay back. Keep your hand on your bow. If they strike me down, ride fast. Shoot my horse so they cannot follow." Matilda nodded grimly.

The two waited for the men to come down the hill.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii raised an eyebrow at the man down the hill. Slowly he started walking down the hill again, staring ahead. "Hey! What's wrong with the hill that scares you from setting foot on it? It's just a trashed hill in the middle of some screwed up reality." He stops at the base of the hill, looking the two over. He bit his lip as he smelled the blood of the two, his hunger rising. "H-hi..."

MadMel
They really are wary of us. What manner of people have been here before? Synapse thought as he too walked down to the base of the hill. "You can relax. We are not here to harm you..." Intentionally. he added in his mind, glancing sideways at Benjii. "We just want answers, so please, do not shoot us. That would be bad."

(>^^)>
Eldritch looked down the hill and around him at the ruins, he walked through the ruins, large stone pillars, he looked down at the people that descended the hill, he stepped behind a column and ran his hand over the stone, he disapeared.

The Packs on one of thehorses started moving, shaking, a hand burst out of the bag's opening, followed by anotherarm and aleg, Eldritch pulled himself from the bag and fell on the ground, he picked himself up and brushed himself off that wasnot quite the destination he wanted but it would have to do. He walked ove to the others, his white gloved hand flicked his wrist forward when he stepped up next to the woman asingle rose flew from his sleeve into his hand with the flick, he bowed and offered her the flower,
"please accept this gift as a token of my appreciation for finding us here, where exactly is here?" he asked, tilting his head to lookup at her

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii looked at the human and blinked. "Hey Romeo, enough with the parlor tricks. Back up before you get us filled with arrows." He shook his head as he muttered under his breath, "Get me shot and you'll be my next meal." 'Is he really serious with this nonsense at a time like this?!' He thought to himself as he shook his head.

DangerousBeauty
Ranger had his attention on the two men walking down the hill. He had not noticed Eldritch. "Tis not a normal hill. It is where all appear when they enter this world. It is a place of great evil. No one dares step upon in for fear of being taken to another world. It is also the center of this world." He watched the two men.

Matilda was sitting on her horse behind Ranger. She peeked around at the two strange looking men. She felt her saddle bag move. She watched in utter horror as a man crawled from her bag and landed on the floor. Ranger spun when he heard the man hit the ground. He already had a knife drawn, but soon realized he meant the princess no harm. Slowly Ranger slid his blade back into its sheath. Matilda blushed and took the rose. "Thank you, stranger.. You are in Sezonia."

(>^^)>
Eldritch stook up straight with a smile, ignoring the vulgar one that threatenned him, "thankyou, but please, I am Captain Nathanial Eldritch, back home i was a magician, then a soldier, now i do not know what i am here, so please, Miss, do you know why we are here? what happenedto others than came?" he asked, placing both arms behind his back and crossing them behind he was paying close attention to the horse mounted girl before him, while in his peripherials he paid attention to theother 3, listening, watching.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii looked up and started to think of all the places he had roamed and heard of. "Never heard of this place. But from what I've seen and heard, it's far from where I'm from." He shrugged, looked at the two strangers and smiled, his fangs showing a little. "I guess before anymore questions are asked, I'll introduce myself. I'm Benjii Aleksoki, and to get it out of the way so people can freak out, I'm a vampire."

DangerousBeauty
I havent heard from mel so Im moving this along.)

Matilda smiled down at the man as she sniffed the flower. "Well Im sure you remember the old man? He trapped us all here. Everything you see was placed here by him. He created Sezonia... And its because of his power that we are trapped here.." She ignored the glare Ranger was giving. Ranger did not like the flower, and he did not like the magic man.

Then Benjii did something stupid. He had Matilda and Rangers attention. The second he mentioned 'vampire' both drew arrows and aimed for him.

starryknight
Ahri woke up very sore in a bush her tails were all around her and each one hurt like crazy, she looked around and it was obvious that she was not in her world anymore. The magical fox stood slowly trying to ignore the pain of her fall then looked up wondering how far she fell. A gust of wind hit her nose and she could smell humans, if any one could get her back home humans could. Ahri made her way down closer to the group and made sure to be up wind and didn't make a sound. It wasn't like she was hiding she just thought it wasn't the time to revile herself.

(>^^)>
Eldritch frowned, they had been getting along so nicely they have no idea where here is, why they are here and were about to start getting answers or at least a direction to go, then mister mouthy had to ruin the nice diplomacy. A wooden stake slid from his sleeve to his hand
"easy now everybody, nobody has to die we are just talkin, even the undead fool, lets just all settle down and talk about this, surely we have not yet done anything worthy of death since ariving, having commited no crimes other than the creepy one's stink, all we want is to leave, i'll even give you all some wooden stakes to have ready if he flips out, but just remember if shit hits the blower, i've never seen or heard of any of you before today," he told the ranger and matilda, he didnt feel like spilling blood right now and wanted it real clear that has no connection to the vampire

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii turned his attention to the magical fraud, forgetting about the raised bows. "Listen here you little prick, I don't know you so I will kill you without a second thought if you keep running your mouth. I'm in no mood to deal with a smartass mortal!" He took a couple of deep breaths and turned to the mortals on horses. He raised his hands to show he means no harm. "I thought it would be better let the two of you know before hand rather than finding 'talksshitalot' over there torn open and drained of blood. Now, can you lower the weapons? I really don't want any trouble."

(>^^)>
Eldritch seemed unphased by the threacts, not smugness or over confidence, death threats have just long meant little to him for a long while now and then he chuckled.
"careful know, i eat a lot of garlic and would hate to see you with a nasty heartburn," he told the vampire then looked to the others, waiting for what would happen next

XvampbenjiiX666

(>^^)>
eldritch smirked andresistedachuckle, it seemed this one did not like thelaughter,
"i'm sorry if my diet offends you but my jests are not to insult you, but to bring upon the smiles and laughter of children, men and women alike and by all means if you have a family to go home too, let's get you there,"

DangerousBeauty
"Enough!" Ranger roared above the men. His voice carried through the valley. It was strong and firm. Matilda visibly flinched. She had never heard him use such a sever tone. "It would be best if we left these men to themselves. They my kill eachother. You are not safe here my lady.." He turned his horse away and started riding away.

Matilda did not follow right away. She looked at the group before her with pity. 'They will never last..' She thought. She bowed her head and turned her horse away. She gave him a kick and raced after Ranger. She didnt want to be left behind with the vampire and magic man.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii growled and ran up to the woman, glaring at her as he kept up with her. "That's it? No help? Not a single god damned clue on how to attempt to leave this shit hole?" He looked at the man on the horse, pointing. "And what did he mean by 'my lady'?"

(>^^)>
Eldritch rolled his eyes, "great look what we did drove away the only lady within sight, he looked around then in the direction the horses went, "well track down enough people, let's follow behind then?" he asked the others with him and started walking

DangerousBeauty
Matilda's horse had smelled a man, but he could not see the man. Suddenly the man ran up beside the creature and startled it. He tossed his head and let out a cry of fear. Matilda fumbled with the reins, she was not a very good rider, and nearly lost her seat. Ranger was at her side before his Lady could fall. She held tight to his arm as he sat her upright and fixed her saddle.

Ranger's dark eyes glared at the 'vampire.' "LIsten. there is no way out. Not even the magic users here can free us. The Wizard trapped several other very powerful spell casters here.. No one has been able to free us. And why should we help you? Youve done nothing up threaten to kill the only companions you have, beast!" He pointed his finger at Benjii, then to the rest of the group. "And you would be wise to watch how you speak to Lady Legrow."

Hattie94
Now, they must find the pieces of the looking glass if they have any hopes of returning to their world and defeating the man who trapped them.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii shook his head as he sighed. "I apologize for startling the two of you and for being rude to your 'Lady'. As for being a beast, that is true but I'm usually harmless. Could a savage beast love and raise a family? Support them in their choices? Cherish each second it spends with them?" He looked away, biting his lip. "Yes, I have done things these past couple of thousands of years that would consider me a beast but I have changed. Please help me find a way back home."

(>^^)>
Eldritch sighed as he caught up to the stopped travelers, "we are not companions, just fellow abductee's but will you help us please? Even if it's just to your city so we can learn whats is going on, this would be very much appreciated," he told them with a humble tone in his voice

MadMel
This place is so much different from my own world that its hard for me to wrap my mind around it, Synapse thought. The probability of escaping on my own in extremely low, which means I will have to track this 'wizard' down. I don't care how powerful he is, in close proximity, there no single being who can withstand the might of my mind. I will learn the secrets of world traveling from him, then rend his mind in two.
"May I ask a question?" Synapse suddenly asked, then before anyone could reply, he continued "Does anyone know where this great wizard lives? Have any tried to confront him?"

DangerousBeauty
Ranger and Matilda exchanged looks. Matilda was the first to speak once all of them had gone silent.

"We will help you.. At least get you to the next town. We do not know where the other wizards are. The one you are looking for is on the outside. You cannot reach him from in here. Come.. We shall get you fed and taken care of." Matilda turned her horse from the summer lands to the spring and started riding. Ranger took a moment to eye the others before following.

(>^^)>
Eldritch bowed his head with appreciation, "thankyou friends, I owe you one," he told them and walked up the Matilda's horse, specifically the large pouch he Came from, reached inside and pulled out a 1940's era bicycle and set it down and got ready to ride it.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii cracked his neck and walked beside the man on the horse. He stared ahead, relieved to finally start what is looking to be a long journey. "How long have the two of you been trapped here?" he asked Ranger, still staring ahead.

MadMel
Synapse's impatience was starting to get the better of him. He was sorely tempted to rip the answers he sought right out of the minds of these people. He decided against it, however. For all he knew, these strangers possessed powers like that of the old wizard who trapped them there. It seemed unlikely, but all the same, it would be foolish to underestimate anyone here. So with a grunt of indifference, the mind mage hoisted his wounded pride, placed his hands on his hips and started after the others. "I guess I have no choice bu to play it safe." he said aloud to himself. "At least for the moment, anyways."

DangerousBeauty
i have yet to hear from Star, so we are moving on.)

Ranger rode behind Matilda. His face remained expressionless and the tone of his voice steady. "The Lady and I have been here for about 5 years I believe. We dont seem to age, and the seasons never change outside of their own zones.. Telling how many days have passed can be difficult."

Matilda stared at the strange man's mode of transportation. "What kind of horse is that? It looks like a skeleton." Her horse didnt know if he liked all of this crazyness in one day. A man spooked him, another crawled out of his saddle bag, and now he was pulling some sort of flashy big thing out. Matilda's horse laid his ears back and shyed away from Eldritch. Matilda gave him a gentle pat to assure him everything was alright. She turned in her saddle to look at Synapse. She gave him a sad smile. "Get comfortable... You may be here a while. If you wish you can ride with me." She gave her horses rump a pat.

Ranger overheard Matilda's gracious offer. Though he could say nothing against his Lady's wishes, he could glare at the man called Synapse. He did NOT like these strangers.

(>^^)>
Eldritch blinked and lookd down at his bicycle and chuckled a bit, "it's called a bicycle, no horse or spirit, just metal and rubber," he told matilda as he pedalled to picked up a bit of speed.

MadMel
Synapse nodded his thanks, noting the stream of contempt he could feel coming from Ranger. I'll have to be careful around that man, he observed as he walked up to the horse's side. With a small hop he leaped up, almost falling off in the process. He grabbed onto Matilda's shoulder for support, righting himself before they both fell. "Sorry about that," he muttered. "I've never actually ridden a horse before..."

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii looked around the area, letting a quiet sigh escape his lips. "Five years...I can't be stuck here for that long. My family needs me...I need them." He looked down to the ground as they walked, thinking of all that he had been through to have his family then to be taken from them. "Any idea as to why this old man brings people here?"

DangerousBeauty
Matilda eyed the strange mode of transportation. "Metal and Rubber.. Hmm.. I do not know Rubber, but metal I know." And as Synapse struggled slightly to find his balance, she simply laughed lightly. "Its alright. Just hang onto me and we shall not fall. Able is a tall horse but his gate is smooth. And as for you Sir!" She turned to look at Benjii. Her horse started forward towards the direction the two had come. "We have a pack horse at our camp. You may ride her if you wish."

Ranger followed behind Matilda all the while keeping a close eye on Synapse. "We are not sure why he brought us here, or why he continues to. Some believe that he takes on the image of his captive and lives out their lives. Others think that he traps people of power greater than his here so there would be no competition. I do not know. But if you are here, then there is something in your life he found interesting.."

MadMel
Synapse did not need powers of the mind to feel Ranger's eyes on his back. He placed one hand on Matilda's shoulder, the other on her side, both in place's where Ranger could see them clearly. He didn't want the people helping them to get the wrong idea, after all. "And I suppose it's the same case with you two?" he asked, glancing over his shoulder to look at Ranger.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii looked up with wide eyes. "LIVE OUT THEIR LIVES?!" His body shook as he remembered that the man turned into him, watching as he embraced Steph as Benjii fell through the mirror. "I'll kill him...I don't care if I have to find my own way back home, I will kill him." He clenched his fists tight, his claws digging into his palms and drawing blood.

(>^^)>
"it's the material of the future," he told matilda, Eldritch would have found her unfamiliarity with the bike and rubber funny or strange but he has traveled a lot in his home world where technology had yet to reach everywhere or in a strange ways like a island he once was stranded on where the locals who had livedin complete isolation from the rest of the world, worshipped planes that had fallen from battle as gods. That was a pretty fun few weeks, he got lost in the memories while he pedalled, the vampire's outburst caused him thewaver in his path and almost lose balance, "easy there Nosferatu, we'll find a way, i've been strandedmany times, there's always a way" he told the undead man as he steadied the bicyclethrowing in a "easy girl," to pretend like it was alive

MadMel
Synapse snorted. "it appears I'm the one who has traveled the furthest through time," he said, grinning. "In my world - or rather, in the world I came from - wheels are only found on antiques or in museums. Everything hovers nowadays."
The mentalist sighed, serious once more. This isn't good, he thought. I'm supposed to be the protector of my world. What if something happens to it when I'm not there?"

DangerousBeauty
Matilda pitied the dark man walking beside Ranger. She has been separated from her family since coming here. She had yet to forget how lonely life can be in this world. "I do not know if there is a way out, I do not know if time travel can help us here.. But Ranger and I will do what we can to get all of you settled."

Ranger rode quietly as the men chatted with each other and Matilda. When there was a moment of silence he answered Synapse. "Lady Matilda was a Princess from our world. I was escorting her to a nearby kingdom to marry a prince there. The union would have brought peace to the world. I can only assume he did it to cause trouble."

(>^^)>
Eldritch used one hand to stroke his chin as hethought, "you know since the wizard grabs us from all over time, i'm from the late 1940's myself and the world is at war with the nazis,however we reverse this, it will likely allow us to return to whichever time we like, maybe even exactly after we left, so for now let's not worry about what will happen in our worlds and simply focus on the task ofd getting home, win a war, protect a family, guard a kingdom, protect your people," he announced as he rode and returned his hand to the handlebar, then turned his head to synapse "things hover? everything? you must come from around 1980's atleast," he said with facsination and naivity of the speed of technology

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii snorted, almost laughing for the first time since arriving in this world. "Sorry to break it to you Houdini but the 80's was nothing but weird hair, bright colors and bad mainstream music...not that what is mainstream in my time is any better. I'm guessing the hovering won't start for another thousand years in my time. Another nine hundred and eighty eight years live through. Yippie." Benjii blinked as he realized he was rambling. "Sorry."

MadMel
Synapse straightened up. "I only live in the early 2000's," he said, looking at Benjii. "And hover craft were still mainstream back in the 80's... Hmm." The mind mage sat in thought. "Something in our world's histories must be different to produce such a phenomenon." Not that it really matters right now...

starryknight
Ahri was following close behind the others, hidden in the woods but she was paying too close to their conversation to see the bush in front of her. The nine tailed fox fell with a big crashing noise, "ow ow ow," she couldn't hold it in. (sorry my next post will be better haven't did this in awhile...)

XvampbenjiiX666
As Benjii was about to reply to Synapse, a noise caught his attention. He looked up and spun around, facing the direction of the crash. His claws and fangs grew, preparing for a fight. "Who's there? Show yourself!"

MadMel
"Don't be alarmed, they've been following us for a while," Synapse reported, after a quick scan of the creature. "They aren't a threat." At least, not to me... "There's no need to hide. We wont hurt you, right Benjii?"

DangerousBeauty
Ranger glanced back at the noise. "They is actually a SHE. And she came from the hill. I assumed she fell with you, but she didnt seem as dazed and confused as the rest of you."

Matilda reined in her horse. "Why didnt you say something if you knew she was there?"

"I didnt think she wanted help! She was hiding!" Ranger turned his horse towards the fox woman and slowly rode towards her. "Come on, little one. Lets get you to town."

Matilda shook her head. Ranger always had a soft spot for animals. He was never gonna let her out of his sight. This was taking too long, though. Night was coming fast, and the night was dangerous. Matilda put her fingers to her lips and let out a loud coyote whistle. A few seconds later their pack horse came trotting towards the group. "We need to hurry."

starryknight
Arhi picked herself out of the bush and fixed herself up before reveling herself to the others, still picking leaves and sticks out of her tails when she finally met with the group. "Sorry didn't mean to frighten you all," her eyes turn to the beast of a man ready for a fight she put up her hands and smiled to show she wasn't there to cause any harm. Arhi was a little surprised and angry that they knew she was following them, has being with humans for so long dull her tracking skills, it was something she would have to fix when she got home from this world or where ever she was.

Arhi turned her attention to the couple mostly to Ranger he seemed to take the most notice to her, back before Arhi changed her ways she would have taken full advantage of that and stole his very essence but now she thought it was cute humans rarely saw her true form and was so nice to her.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii relaxed a little but not much. "No, we won't hurt you. Just can't be too cautious it seems." He looked around, smiling to himself as the sky darkened. "Well at least we'll have the cover of night soon and possibly a town of people. Maybe I can find someone to feed upon. I need blood..." he stopped and looked at Synapse, "he didn't hear that did he?" Benjii sighed as he shook his head.

(>^^)>
Eldritch was about to respond to the vamp but was so rudely interupted by the crashing of something from the bushes and being in a very new and unfamilar place he quickly hit a brake on his bike which in turn caused it to turn 180 degrees with a sliding stop, his right hand lifted quickly from the handle as a black metal luger slid from his sleeve and into his white satin gloved hand, he aimed it where the nine tailed fox thing emerged from. He held his fire as it was an unfamilar place and was waiting for the response of his travelling companions to the new thng before them before acting past this point and when all seemed to be friendly he relaxed and put his hand inside his coat then back to the handle bar i would appear that he holstered it inside his jacket but he had made it disapear entirely. He was silent and waited for the others before acting next again.

MadMel
"You guys are too highly strung," Synapse sighed. "If anything of this world was stalking us, don't you think our hosts would have acted quicker? That said, I think it's best to follow their advice, and keep moving." What is so dangerous about the night time here? Surely not the hungry vampire, he only just arrived today...

DangerousBeauty
Ranger hoisted the fox girl onto his horse without a word of warning. "Best get on that horse, dark one. The night is not kind to those who walk upon two legs." He spun his horse and raced down the path towards the town. Matilda made sure Synapse had a good grip before she urged her horse into a sprint. The light was fading fast.

"We're not gonna make it! We are too far! They will close the gate before we even reach the light of the torches!" Matilda called to Ranger over the thunder of horses.

"We'll make it." Ranger said as he pulled his bow. Wolves and other creatures of the darkness were beginning to stir. The gates of the town were in sight and beginning to close.

(>^^)>
"when i came from, it pays greatly to be careful," Eldritch replied to synapse as his legs kicked under him and turned the bike to facing the way they were traveling and startled pedalling again, "and with no offense intended to our saviors, who do have my debt, i do not know their abilities in any field but riding and in the case of the man, brooding," he added and started noticing the stirring of the quickly coming night, something hich more than clearly worried their saviors, night didnt frighten him, they had the tools to conquer anything it might bring in his time, but this place was different at least a bit different and he had no idea what kind of creatures waited for the sun to set here. So for the first time in many years as the sun fell he grew worried, something that was not helped by the panic of their companions as he pedalled faster and faster to keep up, his breathing turned to panting as they neared a large gate, it was closing and his heart felt like it might rip from his cvhest sprout legs and start dancing around. He was almost there, almost with them when a rock decided it would ruin his day.
his wheel stopped moving, his body flew over the handlebars the bike flipped over in the air as his chest hit the ground with a skidding halt and he cursed loudly at the pain his arm felt.
He laid still for a moment with a groan and heavy breathing but slowly pulled himself up and slid his hurt arm into his jacket across his chest, he carried on with a fast limp cringing through the bleeding knee wound.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii ran as fast as he could, keeping up with the others. "What could be so dangerous out here that you fear the night?!" He looked over as the magician fell off his bike only to get up and start limping. With a sigh, Benjii ran over to the limping magician and grabbed his uninjured arm. Benjii wrapped the arm around his shoulders and shook his head. "Do not say a word mortal...not one word or I will leave you out here." Staring at the gates, Benjii started running again, keeping the magician off of his gimped leg.

MadMel
They aren't going to make it. Colossal moron. Maybe next time I'll show him what a hover-bike looks like and he can ride on that. Synapse leaped off the back of Maltilda's horse. He could not concentrate with the bucking and leaping of the galloping animal. He landed with a grace that surprised even himself. Turning back towards the vampire and the spy, Synapse made a slashing movement towards them with his hand.
Flames of enormous size suddenly erupted behind the two, separating them from whatever horrors were out there. The flames grew into a towering wall of fire that reached as high as the city walls behind him. It looked like fire, sounded like fire and even smelled like fire, but it was merely an illusion, and had no real heat. The mind mage figured that this would be enough to keep the unseen, unknown enemy at bay. At least, until everyone was inside.

starryknight
Ahri was picked up and put on the mans horse with out even asking for permission, she had no clue how she felt about it but she decided she would let the man live for now...he had a certain charm about him that she liked. Ahri never rode on a horse before and it was exciting and terrifying all at the same time, she wrapped her arms around Ranger to keep from falling off and even though everyone else was racing for their life against the night, she on the other hand was laughing with her face pressed in the mans back and her arms were like steal around Rangers waist. The nine tailed fox looked back at the rest of the party and didn't care if they made it to safety but more about the wall of fire behind them she made an eek sound and put her face back to the mans back.

DangerousBeauty
Ranger felt uneasy with the fox woman behind him. She was finding the danger they were in funny. It was unsettling. He had half a mind to push her off and leave her behind. She reminded him too much of the wizards and witches that called the looking glass world home. Ranger turned his attention to Matilda. She had cried out when Synapse jumped from her horse to aid his companions. She attempted to turn her horse and go after him, but Ranger grabbed her reins and lead her horse through the gates. The guards left the gates open for Synapse, Benjii, and Eldritch. On the other side of the wall, Ranger and Matilda stood waiting for the three men to catch up.

"His horse broke it's leg, Ranger. I saw him fall! The other two stopped to help him up." Matilda said, pointing to Eldritch's bike.

Ranger didnt bother telling Matilda what Eldritch's 'horse' really was. He didnt have the energy to explain. He waited in solemn silence for the others to catch up.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii resisted the urge to look behind him at the flames, rushing towards the gates with the magician. "God damn it this is taking too long. Better be good at landing than you are at magic tricks." Benjii stopped and gripped the back of the magician's neck and his uninjured arm, spun around and threw the magician at the gates. Benjii stood and watched, smiling a little as he walked towards the gates. "Should have thought of that before...yea definitely should have."

(>^^)>
Eldritch felt rather humiliatedby the turn of events, so much so he couldnt think of something to call the vampire as he carried him. Not that he was ungrateful for the aid, just first impressions in a stressful situation and he bailed on the bike and had to be carried from a skinned knee. Then he was bloody tossed like a ball into the gates! after landing again on his spranged arm he cursed a rather loud "dammit" and pulled himself up, trying to keep his cool the best he could and a cotton pad slipped from his sleeve and a roll of bandages, he stood and started cleaning his knee, "thankyou all, but it's just a bad scrape and sprang, i would rather have you gotten in and waited the little bit for me too limp," he told them with a sigh, "but, thankyou, as humiliating as that felt, being left riddled with holes in a battle is far worse..." he told them and closed his eyes for a moment as his arm came out of his coat and his mind wandered to the war, then looked around the town as he wrapped up his already swelling wrist,
"so this is your home?" he asked matilda casually, it's important to remain casual nder stress to himself anyway.

MadMel
Synapse turned and ran after the vampire, still keeping the majority of his concentration on the wall of 'fire' behind him. Only when he passed the city gates did he relax his will, allowing the flames to dissipate into nothing. "Well that was fun," he commented dryly, after he had caught his breath. "what's next, a talent show?"

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii stood outside the gates, looking back at the dark land. He turned his back to the gates, biting his lip a little. He looked towards the sounds of the creatures and thought to himself, "Should I go into the town and lose control of myself, feeding on people there and lose any possible help I can possibly receive...or stay out here and find some creature, bleck, to fees on. Damn it, damn it damn it." He sighed, looking back at the others. "I'll catch up with yous later."

starryknight
Ahri jumped off the horse or rather fell off and landed on her feet, it took a second to steady her legs with the adrenaline rushing though her body still. "Wow what a spectacular creature, I have never rode on one now I see why humans ride these horses rather when just run it almost felt like flying!" Ahri said childlike. The nine tails looked around and noticed everyone was really serious so she covered her mouth before she said something to ruin their serious time, she was still getting used to the human mood swings.

DangerousBeauty
Ranger eyed the men before him, as well as glancing at the fox girl momentarily. "Be careful out there Vampire. Not everything is as it seems. Without a strong guide, you may loose yourself. No I didnt mean loose your way. I meant what I said.. You will loose your mind. Once the gates close they will not ope-" He stared at Matilda as she walked towards Eldritch. His mood grew dark and he slumped in his saddle.

Matilda took a few dried leaves from a pouch on her belt. She dabbed them with a bit of water, then pressed them to Eldritch's wrist. "Bind these to your wrist. It will help with the pain and swelling. We can find you a healer tomorrow." She gave him a gentle smile before looking at the others. "Is everyone else unharmed?"

Behind them the gates were slowly swinging shut. Beyond them growls, howls, and snarls could be heard in the forest. The night was very much alive.

XvampbenjiiX666
Benjii nodded and waved at the gates, walking towards the woods. "I'll see you guys in the morning...and hopefully well fed." He sighed as he entered the woods slowly, listening to the sounds of the creatures. "Doesn't seem as bad as they claim. What lives in here that scares them shitless?" He looked around, smiling a little as he smelled blood close by. "Finally!"

(>^^)>
Eldritch was quite comfortable with letting her look at his arm and patch it up with herbs, examining each one carefully as she used them, he smiled and thanked her with a slight now "thankyou my lady, it was a pleasure riding with you, is there somewhere I may go to learn more about this place?" he asked her as he straightened him self up "and acquire a chest?" he andes with a second thought, how else will he pull the bigger stuff.

kat17
lani woke up near the edge of the woods. she looked around panicking, she kept one hand firmly on her baby bump, she touched the scar on her neck. "hello?! is anyone there?"

DangerousBeauty
Originally posted by kat17
lani woke up near the edge of the woods. she looked around panicking, she kept one hand firmly on her baby bump, she touched the scar on her neck. "hello?! is anyone there?"

Hi there and welcome to KMC! I see you are a junior member so Im going to let you know how rps work here. smile You are gonna follow this link to the sign up sheet for my rp. There, I can answer any qestions you have and help you make your character sheet!

Thank you for choosing my rp and I hope to see your sheet up soon!

-DB

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=560470&pagenumber=1

MadMel
((They already made a sign-up sheet.
Also - Sorry for not being around. I wont be back until my holidays start (2.5 weeks to go!!!) ))

Synapse looked around. "Is there somewhere we can stay the night. I'm afraid I have no money, but I'll be happy to find a way to pay back. Also, does this town have a library of some kind? Or a bookshop?"
I must find out as much as possible about this world if I ever hope to leave it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.