Full power Cable vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
No bfr.

Who wins?

janus77
http://teamworkphoto.com/shop/images/power_cable_UK.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
http://teamworkphoto.com/shop/images/power_cable_UK.jpg

Gladiator and Hulk.

Uriel005
Glad's mind gets shattered considering a full power cable is more or less = Shaman nate grey at his best...

leonidas
glads is f'd.

Bouboumaster
Cable got a hole in the middle of the face. Made by the fist of Gladiator.

"Jesus Cable" got his ass spanked by a holding back Surfer.

JakeTheBank
Full Power Cable?

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/3/e/0/3e0160aeb8bac633fa0731a4bf869ce7.gif

Gladiator has no defense against an air Hyper Viper combo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator would be in trouble imo. Cable's telekinetic abilities and raw power alone should let him hold his own against Gladiator for a time, throw in his incredibly telepathy and the Strontian most likely pisses his pants again.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Cable got a hole in the middle of the face. Made by the fist of Gladiator.

"Jesus Cable" got his ass spanked by a holding back Surfer.

There were extenuating circumstances during that battle though.

Lord Feron
Cable should and would strike Gladiator with a vicious mental assault. I think Cable can put down glads before Gladiator rips Cable apart (i assume cable has significant form of shielding that can prevent Cable's premature death)

carver9
Cable wins the majority. I would give this version the majority against any Herald.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by carver9
Cable wins the majority. I would give this version the majority against any Herald.

He'd lose to Surfer, Superman, X-man etc.

Also, weren't you leaving?

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
There were extenuating circumstances during that battle though. What circumstances? They were BOTH repairing the damage their battle was causing AS they were fighting. Surfer simply proved to be much more powerful in the end.

Cable wins.

carver9
He'd lose to Surfer, Superman, X-man etc.

Also, weren't you leaving?

I disagree.

I came back just for you Rage.

JakeTheBank

Except Silver Surfer, amirite?

Sr J-Bieb
Gladiator would be in trouble imo. Cable's telekinetic abilities and raw power alone should let him hold his own against Gladiator for a time, throw in his incredibly telepathy and the Strontian most likely pisses his pants again.

There were extenuating circumstances during that battle though. Even without the circumstances a completely serious determined Surfer is above Gladiator by a decent degree

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Except Silver Surfer, amirite?

Probably, since Surfer has basically replicated everything Cable has done.

Galan007
...And the fact that Surfer, you know, owned Jesus-Cable with a casual blast of his eye-beams. /shrug

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
What circumstances? They were BOTH repairing the damage their battle was causing AS they were fighting. Surfer simply proved to be much more powerful in the end.

Cable wins.

yeah, but cable was already beginning to burn out wasn't he? he'd done like a hundred things before that fight and he wanted ss to put him down.

don't get me wrong, ss was more powerful, but had cable been fresh and trying to actually kill ss, it might have gone a little differently.

regardless, ss>glads anyway so the point is moot. i agree--cable wins.

Galan007
^ Was that stated? I don't remember. Been a long time since I read that comic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What circumstances? They were BOTH repairing the damage their battle was causing AS they were fighting. Surfer simply proved to be much more powerful in the end.

Cable wins.

Been a while since I read it but IIRC Cable had already began burning up at that point (Weakened) and at was holding up Providence -his island- while battling Surfer as well.

I disagree.

I came back just for you Rage.

Uhuh.

Galan007
Been a while since I read it but IIRC Cable had already began burning up at that point (Weakened) and at was holding up Providence -his island- while battling Surfer as well. Could very well be, I just don't remember. I haven't read the Cable/Deadpool stuff in YEARS.

leonidas
^ Was that stated? I don't remember. Been a long time since I read that comic.

pretty sure. if i wasn't so damn lazy i'd look it up embarrasment

i could be misremembering, but that was my impression. i know he was doing a lot before the fight and that he wasn't really trying to kill ss.

like i said, doesn't really matter as regards the thread. glads' weakness is mental--kinda cable's strong suit.

leonidas
Been a while since I read it but IIRC Cable had already began burning up at that point (Weakened) and at was holding up Providence -his island- while battling Surfer as well.

mostly sure that's right. id would know off the top of his head.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Could very well be, I just don't remember. I haven't read the Cable/Deadpool stuff in YEARS.

Same.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer also turned off his mutant powers to the best of my knowledge.

Which... is completely within Glads' power...

Sr J-Bieb
Also, all Cable did was get a nose bleed from blowing up and funneling 2 hundred and some missiles, and that was right before the Surfer fight.
I wouldn't say he was burning out, but he was keeping Providence up.

Either way you slice it, a board destroying TK blast from Cable seriously hurts Gladiator. His TP could make him piss his pants. And his reflexes are lightspeed. Along with shields, and teleportation, Gladiator doesn't do very well here.

carver9
Cable was damaged when he fought Surfer...he kept nose bleeds throughout the arc from consistently fighting Super Teams, holding up space stations, subduing Earths weapons, telepathically keeping tabs on shield, the XMen and around the globe as well. Then he stopped hundreds of missles from going off while doing majority of the things mentioned above.

Surfer fought a taxed, holding back Cable that wasn't even fighting him back.

As for this fight, Cable wins just like he would win against any Herald.

JakeTheBank
Cable was damaged when he fought Surfer...he kept nose bleeds throughout the arc from consistently fighting Super Teams, holding up space stations, subduing Earths weapons, telepathically keeping tabs on shield, the XMen and around the globe as well. Then he stopped hundreds of missles from going off while doing majority of the things mentioned above.

Except Silver Surfer.

Or Shaman Nate Grey.

Or Genis-Vell.

Or Green Lantern.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I know Cable had a nose bleed and was beginning to weaken before the battle with Surfer but it wasn't happening throughout the entire arc. Funneling that huge explosion into the atmosphere, keeping Providence afloat, keeping tabs on the World telepathically on top of everything else he accomplished did take it's toll so he wasn't at a hundred percent.

Cable definitely wasn't as aggressive as Surfer for most of the battle which is the likely reason why Surfer controlled the flow but he didn't have much more power to give. Imo, Norrin would have won sooner or later.

Nah, there are heralds who can beat him. Shaman would and has, Surfer, Superman etc.

"Id"
Originally posted by leonidas
mostly sure that's right. id would know off the top of his head.
Yeah I can answer that.

Before the fight took place. Cable was doing planetary tk/tp feats for days end with out rest..and I mean no rest (even in his sleep)...all while the Floating Island Providence piggy back ride on his tk.

Thats when the government struck Providence with their 200 plus nuclear strike. Cable nose bleed, and thats was the opening q needed since their plan involved sending the X-Men upon the moment of weakness.

After the X-Men where promptly defeated....and given that there was no one Earth that could challenge Cable ATM (Cable had preped for any Earth Bound encounter). Richards called on his last minute back up, and hope that Surfer would commit.

All in all. There where factors to consider, Cable was undisputedly fighting in weak, and limited state.

His body was approaching his limit. (Hence the nose bleed).
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/8910/xmenn.th.jpg

His telekinesis where being limited by holding providence up.
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1694/richardsu.th.jpg

He was applying world class telepathy, to the point of ionizing the entire planet with his brain waves.
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/1423/telepathy.th.jpg

"Id"
I just like to note that Cable encounter with the X-Men is one of the more impressive showings. Because despite the multitasking taking place (Keeping Providence Afloat, Planetary TP), on top of his body beginning to show signs of burning out.

He no sold the X-Men with two potent telapaths (Rachel/Emma), and anti psi weapons had no effect on him.

As for the match. If the Surfer could not land a clean hit in a blitz, what chances does Gladiator have? Regardless even if lands a clean hit, Cables counted on an insanely high regen. Unlike the Surfer, we know for certain that Kallark is wide open for telepathic assault.

Kallark is going to get chewed out.

iceman24567
Originally posted by "Id"
I just like to note that Cable encounter with the X-Men is one of the more impressive showings. Because despite the multitasking taking place (Keeping Providence Afloat, Planetary TP), on top of his body beginning to show signs of burning out.

He no sold the X-Men with two potent telapaths (Rachel/Emma), and anti psi weapons had no effect on him.

As for the match. If the Surfer could not land a clean hit in a blitz, what chances does Gladiator have? Regardless even if lands a clean hit, Cables counted on an insanely high regen. Unlike the Surfer, we know for certain that Kallark is wide open for telepathic assault.

Kallark is going to get chewed out. Hey it seems Hope can control the powers of other mutants aswell as borrowing/using them. Whats your take on this on i know its off subject no expression

"Id"
Originally posted by iceman24567
Hey it seems Hope can control the powers of other mutants aswell as borrowing/using them. Whats your take on this on i know its off subject no expression

Hope is the mutants DEM.

So far we know she can borrow other mutants powers by mere thought (touch not necessary).
While she borrows those powers, those powers are amped to the Nth level.
Wield those powers like a pro.
She can also control the powers of mutants against their will.
And seemingly tap into the Phoenix Force.

And yet remain incredibly useless, despite Cable training? She is like this love child between Rachel/Rouge.

What else can I say? Hope is the mutants DEM, the way Sentry was for Avengers.

At least they made Sentry character interesting towards the end. I am not certain the same can be said about Hope. Which is a shame, because I absolutely enjoyed the entire Messiah trilogy arc.

JakeTheBank
At least they made Sentry character interesting towards the end.

Like when he died?

iceman24567
Hope is the mutants DEM.

So far we know she can borrow other mutants powers by mere thought (touch not necessary).
While she borrows those powers, those powers are amped to the Nth level.
Wield those powers like a pro.
She can also control the powers of mutants against their will.
And seemingly tap into the Phoenix Force.

And yet remain incredibly useless, despite Cable training? She is like this love child between Rachel/Rouge.

What else can I say? Hope is the mutants DEM, the way Sentry was for Avengers.

At least they made Sentry character interesting towards the end. I am not certain the same can be said about Hope. Which is a shame, because I absolutely enjoyed the entire Messiah trilogy arc. thumb up Gotcha. She is rather useless erm

"Id"
Like when he died?

Naw

More like when they revealed his so called true origin by his wife.

A Junkie high on super serum, completely unfit to wield those massive powers.

JakeTheBank
No like when they revealed his so called true origin by his wife.

A Junkie high on super serum, completely unfit to wield those massive powers.

Ah, gotcha.

I admit I'm far from a fan of the character or the concept behind him, but really, they did him no favors by convoluting his origins and retroactively forcing him into canon. I don't think I wouldn't have minded him so much if they were focused on what to portray him as character wise and would have naturally introduced him to the Marvel Universe. Fallen Sun was just....ugh.

"Id"
Ah, gotcha.

I admit I'm far from a fan of the character or the concept behind him, but really, they did him no favors by convoluting his origins and retroactively forcing him into canon. I don't think I wouldn't have minded him so much if they were focused on what to portray him as character wise and would have naturally introduced him to the Marvel Universe. Fallen Sun was just....ugh.
Yeah I know what-chu-mean.

Personally I think the problem was Marvel came up with a cool superman clone idea, but failed to properly introduce, and mold the character. So they kept phucking with the character, until no one really gave a shit anymore.

Few characters have such a convoluted background, in such a short span of time.

Its not until the Dark Avengers/Siege finally came up with something worth selling (applying yet another retcon). But by then the character was too loathed, to be rescued.

Had they gone with this idea from the get go, the Sentry character would have been received with more favorable criticism.

Just my two cents.

JakeTheBank
I think the problem was Marvel came up with a cool superman clone idea, but failed to properly introduce, and mold the character. So they kept phucking with the character, until no one really gave a shit anymore.

Few characters have such a convoluted background, in such a short span of time.

Its not until the Dark Avengers/Siege finally came up with something worth selling (applying yet another retcon). But by then the character was to loathed, to be rescued.

Had they gone with this idea from the get go, the Sentry character would have been received with more favorable criticism.

Just my two cents.

I can agree with that.

Jenkins and Bendis had two wildly different approaches to the character that really couldn't be reconciled.

Rage.Of.Olympus
F*ck Sentry. Hope he comes back just so Thor can kill him twice.

JakeTheBank
I wouldn't check out the fan art thread anytime soon, Rage.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks for that.

"Id"
I can agree with that.

Jenkins and Bendis had two wildly different approaches to the character that really couldn't be reconciled.

Yeah the Junkie origin, does far more to explain just why Bob had such opposing personalities as Sentry and the Void. But no medium. Why was the Sentry such a boy scout, and Void all levels of phucked up?

Bro he is a phucking Junkie. The Sentry is the ideal Superhero persona in an unideal world. While the Void, is exactly that. The manifestation of his void, that his twisted personality sprouting out, that can only come from a Junkie unable to satisfy those inner craving. Give this man some crack for Odin's sake, or all of Asgard will suffer.

And its not like he is the only Psycho Superman Clone running around. Look at a Plutonium, another crazy bat. Superman Clone. Yet his powers are psi base (like Bob). And crazy popular.

His popularity is not so much he is crazy strong, but the execution of his character properly introduced, and molded without so much dicking around.

Ah thats enough rambling from me.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I have no issues with Sentry being powerful. Plenty of people are as powerful or more powerful than he in Marvel. But everything else...I just can't get on board with it.

"Id"
I wouldn't check out the fan art thread anytime soon, Rage.

That shit was disturbing.

Not so much because Sentry easily neutralized Thor's attack.

There was simply no need for them to have a moment. The fan was clearly gay for both of them.

Clearly.

JakeTheBank
That shit was disturbing.

Not so much because Sentry easily neutralized Thor's attack.

There was simply no need for them to have a moment. The fan was clearly gay for both of them.

Clearly.

thumb up

People ship whomever the hell they feel like it online. It's disturbing as all hell.

Estacado
Cable.

OneDumbG0
Except Silver Surfer.

Or Shaman Nate Grey. debateable

Or Genis-Vell.

Or Green Lantern.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

You don't think a top tier Lantern can take Jesus Cable?

OneDumbG0
^ No, I don't.

Mindset
Kyle could.

Guy gets destroyed as usual though.

-Pr-
thumb up

People ship whomever the hell they feel like it online. It's disturbing as all hell.

I'm a Star Trek fan. Imagine how I feel.

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ No, I don't.

You and your GL hate. mmm

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle could.

Guy gets destroyed as usual though. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/GuyGardner03.jpg Originally posted by -Pr-
You and your GL hate. mmm http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail25-1.jpg

h1a8
If Glads uses speed or his HV right at the start then he wins.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
If Glads uses speed or his HV right at the start then he wins.

Cable fought a being and it was stated on panel that this person he was fighting was combating him at light speed and Cable was still holding his own, landing licks.

Uriel005

There were extenuating circumstances during that battle though. like the fact that cable was basically dying because of his powers at that point and had been basically going full burn for some time....

sean724
Bump

OneDumbG0
Cable fought a being and it was stated on panel that this person he was fighting was combating him at light speed and Cable was still holding his own, landing licks. I remember reading something like that. You don't happen to have scans?

Mindset
It's on the first page of his respect thread, you lazy so and so.

OneDumbG0
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/GuyGardner02.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.