Jango vs Boba

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zoom3
Jango Fett vs Boba Fett. Father vs son. The orphan vs the clone.

If Boba and Jango could fight each other while they were in their prime, who would win? This fight is in Theed Hangar, so there is no unfair advantage. There is no one in the hangar. Both have their helmet, armor, and jetpack. Jango has his WESTAR-34 blaster pistols and Boba has his EE-3 carbine rifle.

So, who wins?

truejedi
um. boba.

NTJack0
Boba, of course.

Battlemaster
Jango.

Lord Lucien
Jango sucks. It's why he died.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Jango sucks. It's why he died.

Or the faulty-backpack, or the crush-damage from a multi-ton animal running over him, whilst low to the ground. stick out tongue

He died from Mace Windu, who Dark Lord Sidious would have died from, if not for Annie.

Got an opinion on the Dooku+Revan thread?

One'll have to get removed. I was over at my sister's house and she delivered her baby late last night, and I just got back, and hadn't had my coffee yet. big grin wink

Lord Lucien
Oh.

Stealth Moose
Deliver baby, have AM coffee. That's badass.

For the record, Jango wins. In Feat Wars(tm) terms, he fathered a clone army, gave Obi-Wan Kenobi a run for his money, killed Coleman Trebor (who is the earlobe of the Force), and only lost to one of the Order's strongest. Boba's feats include looking menacing, being Vader's *****, and being Wile E. Coyote'd to his doom by a blind Han solo.

DARTH POWER
Doesn't help Boba's case that he went down to ROTJ Luke pretty easily.

As for Jango getting killed by the second most powerful jedi.. So what?

Arhael
In terms of skills they are equal as Boba is Jango's clone. In terms of cleverness Boba takes it, he became n1 bounty hunter for a reason.

Imagining fight between them is just strange. They are bounty hunters after all, they specialize in finding people and taking them out using all possible tricks and better positioning. Putting them face to face just makes it another dilemma about who will shoot first.

Stealth Moose
It's far more impressive to give Obi-Wan trouble, kill a Jedi Master of average/nebulous value (Trebor) and it takes the guy who damn near killed Palpatine to own you. In non-Jedi/Sith terms, that's like a level 50 Bounty Hunter.

Then you have Boba Fett, who as of the OT, didn't do shit. Then fanboys got ahold of him and he can solo the Vong.

Arhael
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
It's far more impressive to give Obi-Wan trouble, kill a Jedi Master of average/nebulous value (Trebor) and it takes the guy who damn near killed Palpatine to own you. In non-Jedi/Sith terms, that's like a level 50 Bounty Hunter.

Then you have Boba Fett, who as of the OT, didn't do shit. Then fanboys got ahold of him and he can solo the Vong.

On open field with couple of blasters and no other tools available Jango is a simple human that would stand no chance against even any below average Jedi, so it doesn't matter who killed him. In EU Boba killed or gave trouble to far more Jedi. As bounty hunter Jango was considered one of the best, when Boba was the best but combat skills are irrelevant in this case.

Battlemaster
Originally posted by Arhael
On open field with couple of blasters and no other tools available Jango is a simple human that would stand no chance against even any below average Jedi, so it doesn't matter who killed him. In EU Boba killed or gave trouble to far more Jedi. As bounty hunter Jango was considered one of the best, when Boba was the best but combat skills are irrelevant in this case.

I don't recall Boba killing multiple Jedi with his bare hands.

Jango did, at Galidraan.

Arhael
Originally posted by Battlemaster
I don't recall Boba killing multiple Jedi with his bare hands.

Jango did, at Galidraan.
That puts in question competence of those Jedi and what circumstances surrounded those events. Through EU both of them survived fights with strongest Jedi or Sith.

C-3POTheClever
I think it's 50/50. I think both have an equel chance of winning, because they're both pretty much the same person. Boba is a clone of Jango. BTW, when you say 'the orphan & the clone\, which one are you saying' the orphan & which one are you saying is the clone? As far as we know Jango Fett wasn't a clone & Boba Fett was, but Boba Fett did becomde an orphan as well, & Jango Fett isn't an orphan as far as we know is he?

Arhael
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I think it's 50/50. I think both have an equel chance of winning, because they're both pretty much the same person. Boba is a clone of Jango. BTW, when you say 'the orphan & the clone\, which one are you saying' the orphan & which one are you saying is the clone? As far as we know Jango Fett wasn't a clone & Boba Fett was, but Boba Fett did becomde an orphan as well, & Jango Fett isn't an orphan as far as we know is he?
They both became orphans. The only difference is that Jango stayed with Mandalorians and as any orphan got adopted but Boba kept himself distant from everyone and was orphan rest of his life.

Rogue Gladiator
Do they each get their respective equipment? I forgot if Boba finally got around to actually wearing it, but Mandalores at his time have the lightsaber-proof beskar armor. And Boba's gadgets would be four decades more advanced.

Bobafett34
jango

NTJack0
Stop posting in dead threads.

NewGuy01
When it comes to technical skill/precision, Jango should take it--However, Boba is more clever and has some new-and-improved gadgets that Jango lacks, and doesn't know how to counter.

As long as neither of them whip out the toxins, I'd say Boba can win, similarly to how he defeated PROXY's Jango format in the TFU II comic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.