Mjolnir (Thors Hammer) vs Green Power Ring (Kyle's Ring)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Overall which is the superior?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Solo series or current?

I pick Mjolnir either way but the former is mostly personal preference and the latter is just that the hammer is outright superior.

zopzop
IMHO, Mjolnir all the way.

JakeTheBank
Depends. In a fight pitted against one another, Mjolnir would trump virtually any power ring.

Certain situations and foes may favor one over the other, though.

Sr J-Bieb
Mjolnir, everywhere

The hammer just sitting there would find a way to KO Kyle if they engaged in battle

"Id"
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Solo series or current?

I pick Mjolnir either way but the former is mostly personal preference and the latter is just that the hammer is outright superior.

From the solo series.

But from what I recall. Kyle unique ring was never given up, while the character ability was severely watered down. Of course it helps that in the new reboot, enforces the fact that Kyle still retains the same unique ring.

"Id"
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Mjolnir, everywhere

The hammer just sitting there would find a way to KO Kyle if they engaged in battle

Crazy talk.

Kyle Ring offers huge benefits that are otherwise lacking in Mjolnir.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by "Id"
From the solo series.

But from what I recall. Kyle unique ring was never given up, while the character ability was severely watered down. Of course it helps that in the new reboot, enforces the fact that Kyle still retains the same unique ring.

I know, but I'm going to pretend it's lost or something as to not heavily water down it's average.

Either way, if the two weapons were ever to meet, I'm picking Mjolnir over the ring no matter the era. I'd choose the hammer over any Green Lantern Ring tbh.

Doon
Crazy talk.

Kyle Ring offers huge benefits that are otherwise lacking in Mjolnir.

Mjolnir can be used both offensively and defensively.

Described as impacting with sufficient force to "destroy mountains," with only primary adamantium proving too impervious. Other offensive capabilities include creating vortices and forcefields (capable of containing an explosion that could potentially destroy a galaxy); emitting mystical blasts of energy; controlling electromagnetism; molecular manipulation; and generating the Geo-Blast (an energy wave that taps a planet's gravitational force), Anti-Force (energy created to counter-act another force), the thermo-blast which can even challenge such beings as Ego the living planet, and god Blast (a blast that taps into Thor's life force). The hammer can travel through planets to return to Thor. It can even create antimatter particles and whirling it round can create wind powerful enough to lift the Taj Mahal.

There are also other several rarely used abilities. Mjolnir can track a person and mystical items; absorb energy, such as draining the Asgardian powers of the Wrecking Crew into the Wrecker; or detect illusions, as Thor once commanded the hammer to strike the demonic Mephisto, who was hiding amongst false images of himself. As a former religious relic, Mjolnir is lethal to undead, causing creatures such as vampires to burst into flame and crumble to dust. Mjolnir also can project images, as Thor shows a glimpse of Asgard to fellow Avenger Iron Man. The hammer can also take a fixed position out of that usual forces cannot move it (standing at the angle on pile of soft soil, it appears much more fixed than just very heavy)

The hammer has also drained energy from the radioactive supervillain called the Presence, who is forced to surrender before being killed. Mjolnir was able to absorb, contain, and direct the energy of a Null Bomb, which was powerful enough to destroy an entire galaxy. Mjolnir also causes a side effect when used against the hero Union Jack: when Thor erroneously attacks the hero with a blast of lightning and then cancels the offensive, Union Jack is accidentally endowed with the ability to generate electricity. The hammer has been used to both power an Atlantean warship and temporarily drain the forcefield of the villain Juggernaut. If someone swears on the hammer their spirit can be summoned up after death. As well as absorbing radiation, the hammer can repel it back.

From Wiki..

ozz81
mjolnir, more powerfull i reckon ...

"Id"
Originally posted by Doon
-snip-
Both rings have cons and pros, if wiki pages serve you well than here.

Mjolnir
http://marvel.wikia.com/Mjolnir

and

Green Lantern Ring
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Lantern_Ring

I would pick Kyle' Ring. The ring can be used as a weapon, as much as a tool with nearly limitless applications thanks to its constructs, on top of its heavy energy manipulations. The Galatic Encyclopedia would come in handy, as it contains information gathered from the Guardians.

In that sense, not only can I bend energy to my will. The ring can feed me virtually any information I need, and come up with a construct/device of my desire.

What really sets apart Kyle's ring over the average, was its exotic application such as granting Daxam level physicality, or tapping into the speed force. In that sense, I would not only gloat over my high end energy manipulation, but show off my ability to become a Superman/Flash clone if I so will it.

ozz81
^^also with the GL ring the disadvantage is it has to be recharged at certain time periods etc right??

complexbrother
the hammer .

Lord Feron
I think I would bring the hammer to battle but have the ring most of the time. the ring is crazy useful but not ideally suited for battle like the hammer. At the same time I think the hammer is limited compared to the ring despite so exotic and cool showings I think the ring just displays more of that on a regular basis.

OneDumbG0
From the solo series.

But from what I recall. Kyle unique ring was never given up, while the character ability was severely watered down. Of course it helps that in the new reboot, enforces the fact that Kyle still retains the same unique ring. Arguable but doutbful.

john allerdyce
the only reason i'd pick the hammer over the ring is because the ring requires recharging.

Slaanesh
Mjolnir is more powerful but the ring is more versatile..

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Arguable but doutbful.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by ozz81
^^also with the GL ring the disadvantage is it has to be recharged at certain time periods etc right??

if the ring in question is the version from after he "restarted" the Corps, it was modded by kyle to always come back to him no matter what so it can't be taken from him. It also always has a reserve to give him more time to charge it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.