dr.strange vs thor vs silver surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
Who is more powerful of the three (At each one's prime)?

Sin I AM
strange

rotiart
At prime? Dr strange with all his artifacts would be above both Thor and surfer.

Sundipped
^ With all of his artifacts he would be way too much for either. Mid trans at the very least.

janus77
Surfer still wins this, for me.
Too fast for Strange to defend against his initial attack. No matter how powerful Strange is, if he can't access that power before Surfer turns off his brain, what's the point?

After that, Surfer just takes out Thor.

Stoic
The problem with Strange is even at his best, he still has poor durability compared to the other two.

JakeTheBank
Rune King Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer still wins this, for me.
Too fast for Strange to defend against his initial attack. No matter how powerful Strange is, if he can't access that power before Surfer turns off his brain, what's the point?

After that, Surfer just takes out Thor. They aren't arguing formidability just overall power. I wish you could understand a simple thread premise from time to time.

janus77
Originally posted by quanchi112
They aren't arguing formidability just overall power. I wish you could understand a simple thread premise from time to time.
I responded to the title, more than to the scenario.

As to overall power, it would be unfair to claim Strange had the power of the various demons and entities that he calls upon. He is relatively weak, just knows how to bargain with immensely powerful entities.

So, I'd say Keeper perhaps as the most powerful of the three.

That or, and this is a bit of a cheat to my mind, SurferGod. Back when the LT gave him proper Godhood for a while. Undoubtedly that trumps anything the other two have ever possessed or will ever possess or could ever possess smile.

quanchi112
I responded to the title, more than to the scenario.

As to overall power, it would be unfair to claim Strange had the power of the various demons and entities that he calls upon. He is relatively weak, just knows how to bargain with immensely powerful entities.

So, I'd say Keeper perhaps as the most powerful of the three.

That or, and this is a bit of a cheat to my mind, SurferGod. Back when the LT gave him proper Godhood for a while. Undoubtedly that trumps anything the other two have ever possessed or will ever possess or could ever possess smile. You need to read the op. RK Thor takes this. Just on another level.

janus77
You need to read the op. RK Thor takes this. Just on another level.
SurferGOD? you're kidding. or blind.

Even Keeper would be > Skyfather.

JakeTheBank
Not familiar with this LT amped Surfer.

What did Keeper do to make him > Skyfather? RKT is > arguably the highest Skyfather in Marvel.

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Not familiar with this LT amped Surfer.

What did Keeper do to make him > Skyfather? RKT is > arguably the highest Skyfather in Marvel.
Keeper was basically somewhere between a Watcher and Galactus. Typically for Surfer, he did very little and when he finally took on Galactus, got his arse handed to him. Still, Quantum Bands, innate Power Cosmic of a level sufficient to tarry with Galactus and all regular Surfer abilities.

The LT made Surfer a true God, just because Surfer deserved it (according to LT). I would say that shits upon everything the others could ever do or hope to do. There's just no challenge, if we're talking absolute peaks of power.

JakeTheBank
I'd say Odin is somewhere between a Watcher and Galactus with his classic feats definitely rivaling Galactus' better ones. Rune King Thor is a definite step above Odin thanks to the total mastery and knowledge of the Odin Force, Rune Magic, and, of course, Mjolnir.

How long did LT amped Surfer last?

janus77
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'd say Odin is somewhere between a Watcher and Galactus with his classic feats definitely rivaling Galactus' better ones. Rune King Thor is a definite step above Odin thanks to the total mastery and knowledge of the Odin Force, Rune Magic, and, of course, Mjolnir.

How long did LT amped Surfer last?
Been a long while (maybe 5-6yrs) since I read that story, but it was just a single story, no grand arc or anything.

As for the placing of Watchers, imo they're still a bit above Odin/RKT. The cosmics might have been downplayed by Pak, but they will get their moment again.

JakeTheBank
Been a long while (maybe 5-6yrs) since I read that story, but it was just a single story, no grand arc or anything.

As for the placing of Watchers, imo they're still a bit above Odin/RKT. The cosmics might have been downplayed by Pak, but they will get their moment again.

Ah, gotcha.

I'd like some good cosmic stories again. Glad to see Surfer in an ongoing title, but I'm getting sick of the emphasis on street and meta level characters in Marvel.

quanchi112
SurferGOD? you're kidding. or blind.

Even Keeper would be > Skyfather. That's outside his own power or birthrite. Keeper would get wrecked by King Thor.

janus77
That's outside his own power or birthrite. Keeper would get wrecked by King Thor.
The Surfer by definition is outside any "birth rite", he was just a Zen Lavian scientist, he was altered into The Silver Surfer. He has since been altered - at times - to be The Keeper (for an arc), to be GOD (for a story) and to be a skyfather/dimensional god (for the UniLord story)...

You can arbitrarily set a limit to what upgrades he might be given, but it would be just that, arbitrary.

Unlike Strange or RKT, the power is all within him, his to do with as he pleases, the force is not something that has a sentience separate to him nor is it magics that exist independent of him.

quanchi112
The Surfer by definition is outside any "birth rite", he was just a Zen Lavian scientist, he was altered into The Silver Surfer. He has since been altered - at times - to be The Keeper (for an arc), to be GOD (for a story) and to be a skyfather/dimensional god (for the UniLord story)...

You can arbitrarily set a limit to what upgrades he might be given, but it would be just that, arbitrary.

Unlike Strange or RKT, the power is all within him, his to do with as he pleases, the force is not something that has a sentience separate to him nor is it magics that exist independent of him. Thor's had the power just under his normal best to make the Surfer's master flee for his life.

Rune King Thor is just on a higher plane than the Surfer who is always inferior to Galactus' power.

janus77
Thor's had the power just under his normal best to make the Surfer's master flee for his life.

Rune King Thor is just on a higher plane than the Surfer who is always inferior to Galactus' power.
Odin headbutt <<< Galactus standing still.

Surfer being less powerful than Galactus does not imply that he is less powerful than Odin, nevermind Thor smile.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Stoic
The problem with Strange is even at his bet
st, he still has poor durability compared to the other two.

Don't know why everyone thinks this. Even after punches from Juggs and Hulk. His durability is good but not often potrayed because he has state-of-the-art shields. No reason to believe he can't compete with beings whos standard defense is superhuman durability.

quanchi112
Odin headbutt <<< Galactus standing still.

Surfer being less powerful than Galactus does not imply that he is less powerful than Odin, nevermind Thor smile. Surfer has been oneshotted by Odin. Odin took on Galactus he's calmly dismissed the Surfer in the past.

Rune King Thor was more than Odin at his best.

Nihilist
Based on their standard versions.

Strange>Thor>Surfer

lilshogun
Dr. Strange summons the Vishantis. The End.Originally posted by tests
Who is more powerful of the three (At each one's prime)?

janus77
Originally posted by lilshogun
Dr. Strange summons the Vishantis. The End.
Surfer summons Galactus, the end of The Vishanti

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty sure Galactus and Agamotto seemed to be peers. If so, the Vishanti as a whole would beat the World Eater.

janus77
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Pretty sure Galactus and Agamotto seemed to be peers. If so, the Vishanti as a whole would beat the World Eater.
pretty sure it wasn't a serious Galactus and he was very dismissive of Agamotto throughout the 'fight'.

Galactus being a little more serious means Galactus consuming your dimension (as Mephisto found out).

Rage.Of.Olympus
pretty sure it wasn't a serious Galactus and he was very dismissive of Agamotto throughout the 'fight'.

Galactus being a little more serious means Galactus consuming your dimension (as Mephisto found out).

I definitely don't remember getting that impression.

janus77
I definitely don't remember getting that impression.
Maybe worth looking at it again then?
Galactus didn't see Agamotto as anything more than a nuisance because of his weird manifestations. Only towards the end did he begin to take him more seriously.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Galactus%20Fights/VSAgamotto01DrStv343.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Galactus%20Fights/VSAgamotto02DrStv343.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Galactus%20Fights/VSAgamotto03DrStv343.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Galactus%20Fights/VSAgamotto04DrStv343.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Galactus%20Fights/VSAgamotto05DrStv343.jpg

Definitely came out looking like peers to me, not really sure how you came to the conclusion that Galactus conclusively beats Agamotto much less the entire Vishanti. Especially since Agamotto might very well be the weakest of the group, IIRC Oshtur spawned him from her tears or something etc.

janus77
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/DarkCrawler90/Galactus%20Fights/VSAgamotto04DrStv343.jpg
Definitely came out looking like peers to me, not really sure how you came to the conclusion that Galactus conclusively beats Agamotto much less the entire Vishanti. Especially since Agamotto might very well be the weakest of the group, IIRC Oshtur spawned him from her tears or something etc.
That scan points out exactly why this 'fight' was nothing of the sort. Galactus was being dismissively arrogant, treating Agamotto's form as an indication of the 'threat level' and just eye-beaming the thing to smithereens.

If Galactus had been serious he would have consumed the 'world' that is Agamotto's dimension (notice, to Galactus it was but a mere world). He's done so to Mephisto's dimension, making Meph beg mercy and yield to Galactus' demands.

Being that Galactus wasn't serious and yet was still destroying Agamotto's dimension (and the source of Agamotto's powers), I see it as perfectly reasonable to assume that Agamotto's seriously outclassed.

On top of all that, there's the simple matter of the UN being Galactus' ultimate back-up plan. Something which I don't envisage him requiring against The Vishanti, but nonetheless something that is always a part of him and tips any scales whatsoever.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I repeat:

Yes, Galactus underestimated him (At least for a portion of the fight) but that doesn't change the fact that the fight strongly implied comparable power. I still have no idea how you think Galactus can beat the Vishanti.

I'm not sure why you think the consumption of a realm is somehow this auto-win tactic. If it was within his capabilities, it'd increase his energy reserves but that's it. Mephisto called it quits because Galactus threatened to disrupt the order of his realm and the life of a single mortal wasn't worth it.

The Ultimate Nullifier is less relevant than the God Blast.

Sundipped
That scan points out exactly why this 'fight' was nothing of the sort. Galactus was being dismissively arrogant, treating Agamotto's form as an indication of the 'threat level' and just eye-beaming the thing to smithereens.

If Galactus had been serious he would have consumed the 'world' that is Agamotto's dimension (notice, to Galactus it was but a mere world). He's done so to Mephisto's dimension, making Meph beg mercy and yield to Galactus' demands.

Being that Galactus wasn't serious and yet was still destroying Agamotto's dimension (and the source of Agamotto's powers), I see it as perfectly reasonable to assume that Agamotto's seriously outclassed.

On top of all that, there's the simple matter of the UN being Galactus' ultimate back-up plan. Something which I don't envisage him requiring against The Vishanti, but nonetheless something that is always a part of him and tips any scales whatsoever.

Janus you're back to your erroneous ways. thumb down

janus77
I repeat:

Yes, Galactus underestimated him (At least for a portion of the fight) but that doesn't change the fact that the fight strongly implied comparable power. I still have no idea how you think Galactus can beat the Vishanti.
It states that Galactus was being dismissive of Agamotto, he never took Agamotto seriously at all. The damage that he was doing to Agamotto's realm was a result of a less than resolute offensive. To call that showing anything close to a tie or parity is to be charitable in the extreme towards Agamotto.

Galactus basically popped into his house, unannounced and unprepared, Agamotto was supposed to be all powerful within his realm and yet Galactus was basically blasting the place to bits. And if Galactus had decided to consume the realm, that would have been the end of whatever marginal annoyance Agamotto posed. Their powers reside within their realms, their artefacts are only that power bleeding out.

As for the Vishanti, Galactus has the far superior feats and fire-power and ability to consume all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm just going to agree to disagree here. I don't care enough to debate the point and from experience, we won't be reaching any compromise. Still can't believe you think Galactus would beat the Vishanti.

The powers of the Vishanti reside in their respective realms? Scan or reference issue.

lilshogun
Vishanti's realms are seperate from the universe of Eternity and Death. The Realm of the Vishanti are part of Order and Chaos' universe of magic. In certain dimensions Galactus powers do not work as they normally do.

lilshogun
The Entire Vishanti together will wipe Galactus. One Vishanti was already giving Galactus a hard time. Strange even admits Galactus is out of his range here.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/56665/1293001-vishanti_agamotto_galactus04_super.jpg

It states that Galactus was being dismissive of Agamotto, he never took Agamotto seriously at all. The damage that he was doing to Agamotto's realm was a result of a less than resolute offensive. To call that showing anything close to a tie or parity is to be charitable in the extreme towards Agamotto.

Galactus basically popped into his house, unannounced and unprepared, Agamotto was supposed to be all powerful within his realm and yet Galactus was basically blasting the place to bits. And if Galactus had decided to consume the realm, that would have been the end of whatever marginal annoyance Agamotto posed. Their powers reside within their realms, their artefacts are only that power bleeding out.

As for the Vishanti, Galactus has the far superior feats and fire-power and ability to consume all.

tests
Is the vishanti the most powerful beings that strange has invoked? What spells have the vishanti performed for him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.