YOU - the modern day hero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
As the Mayans predicted, the Skrulls are invading our world and you must stand ready to face them. Time travelers from the future have come to give us a fighting chance against the alien invasion

They find you (the future leader of the resistance) and give you three power options to fight off the coming invasion:

The Tank
Pumped up with steroids from the future - no ball shrinking side effects - you are basically a tank. You are as strong as Namor, as fast as Spider-man, and as durable as the Hulk. You cannot fly but you can jump for miles in any direction.

The Ghost
You are given Intangibility and Invisibility. These two powers cannot be used at the same time. If you ever use them at once, you disappear from existence. You have a 1 hour time limit with each power - if you extend past that hour you stay in that form forever.

The Techie:
You are given a future Iphone - it has been uploaded with various apps that can be used for offensive, defensive, and healing purposes. These include:

- Sonic Emitter app, such as the one developed by Tony Stark, which can shut off the human and alien mind. This will work for a 250 foot radius and can be utilized for 20 seconds and needs a 10 second refresh.

- Force Field app, such as the one Kang the Conqueror uses, which will protect you from harm. Due to the limitations of the Iphone it can only be used a minute at a time with a 30 second refresh. This app will also be running constantly, at a smaller level, to keep the Iphone from ever being broken or stolen. You are the only person capable of passing through this field to manipulate the phone (or tell it to allow others to use it).

- The Remote Control app. This app allows you to mimic telekinesis. You can control almost anything up to 10 tons up to a 250 foot radius. You can only control one thing at a time. Active resistance from living creatures can break your control.

- Tricorder app (and extended case to hold nanobots) which can diagnose any injuries and send nanobots to heal you. You can use this app a total of 5 times before you run out of nanobots.

- The flying app. Using the Iphone like Thor uses Mjolnir, you can fly through the air. If you ever let go, it will automatically save you from falling by catching you with the Force Field app.

- Spying app. This allows you to use all video cameras, phones, and computers to your advantage. It lets you eavesdrop and hack into any computer in the world.

You will also have a software development kit that allows you to create new apps for the future Iphone (you'd have to learn to program to do this - you cannot hire someone else to program it for you). In addition, Siri has been uploaded with all the knowledge and information of the universe courtesy of the Guardians of Oa and their massive database.

*This Iphone will work completely like a normal Iphone. So if you want to get a new high score on Angry Birds or Temple Run you can do that.

Which power will you choose to fight the Skrulls? (and keep after you, hopefully, win).

Also, what KMCers do you trust to give the other two powers to and which power would you give them?

psycho gundam
tank

Galan007
Yeah

Parmaniac
Tank

Rage.Of.Olympus
Tank. I'd rape the Skrulls.

abhilegend
Tank.

Blair Wind
After deciding the one you want, who on KMC would you give the other two powers to?

Sirius77
Tank. No side effects, and I can fight skrulls on my own.

Damborgson
Techie thing sounds cool. But I think Tank would be more useful in the fights. No cool downs and such.

Newjak
Well considering I'm actually a computer programmer I'm inclined to go with the techie because I could probably program it to do something more useful then what it already does, especially with its knowledge base.

But if that wasn't the case I would use the Tank because of iPhone comes with too many limitations in time to allow me to really get far anywhere.

also if I had to choose two other people to give powers to...

I would probably say Digi, cause he's all business and you know he is gonna do his job, Plus he already has the costumes stick out tongue

And probably BW cause if there is one person here who would come up with the crazy plan that just breaks everything open and destroys the Skrulls it would be him.

"Id"
As a modern day hero, The Techie. It has practical uses that could be used on 911 calls.

Tank and Ghost sound good, but would in all likelihood scare the living shit out of people.

Lord Feron
The entire skrull force? Don't they have telepaths on their side? Anyway I would get the Iphone well as long as it doesn't break or run out of juice. I would have siri teach me everything I need to know and help me build anything I want. Take some time to learn stuff but I could build the technology to build weapons/armor/power rings/other useful technologies.

Also it would be pretty handy in the resistance to contact anyone in the world (head of states, leaders of various orgnaizations, and give them warnings or tips or maybe even orders of how to deal with the skrull).

The only thing Is I doubt I would ever attacks the skrulls head on in person. Prob sabatoge them technologically, like hack their ships/weapons and have them turn on each other , then send out empty armors to take out people in space then anyskrull making it to the planet wopuld be targeted by the full might of Earth's arsenal (which I would have enhanced).

Also I would be ****ing rich as hell developing new things out of my iphone.

basilisk
The Tank sounds good but I think you would be too much of a target. Jumping for miles is great but you can't even fly away. I think the Skrulls would just track you and gang up on you with super-tech range attacks and you wouldn't be able to get away. Eventually you would likely be brought down even though you might take hundreds or thousands with you.

Ghost is cool but too limited.

The Techie could do a hell of a lot with that siri app and the rest. Best bet would be to lay low for a while and track your enemies with the spy apps, while arming the resistance with super weapons, secretly sabotaging enemy systems with hidden viruses, worms, etc and coming up with a strategy for the final confrontation,

DarkSaint85
Tank.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Newjak
And probably BW cause if there is one person here who would come up with the crazy plan that just breaks everything open and destroys the Skrulls it would be him.

laughing out loud Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Originally posted by Lord Feron
The entire skrull force? Don't they have telepaths on their side? Anyway I would get the Iphone well as long as it doesn't break or run out of juice. I would have siri teach me everything I need to know and help me build anything I want. Take some time to learn stuff but I could build the technology to build weapons/armor/power rings/other useful technologies.

Also it would be pretty handy in the resistance to contact anyone in the world (head of states, leaders of various orgnaizations, and give them warnings or tips or maybe even orders of how to deal with the skrull).

The only thing Is I doubt I would ever attacks the skrulls head on in person. Prob sabatoge them technologically, like hack their ships/weapons and have them turn on each other , then send out empty armors to take out people in space then anyskrull making it to the planet wopuld be targeted by the full might of Earth's arsenal (which I would have enhanced).

Also I would be ****ing rich as hell developing new things out of my iphone.

thumb up As for telepaths, create an app that blocks telepathic intrusion via headphones.

I'd personally choose the tech angle myself. There are a lot of things that you could create by utilizing the upgraded Siri - flying cars, new methods of energy manipulation, and improved weapons systems to name a few. Basically anything you can think of that exists in the DC universe, and the Guardians would know of, would be possible to make because the database could explain to you how to create it.

Newjak
Originally posted by Blair Wind
laughing out loud Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I say it because of your track record in tournies for coming up with the craziest plans

Glorificus
Ghost by far.

Techie a distant second.

Tank dead last.

srankmissingnin
As the Mayans predicted, the Skrulls are invading our world

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz79vzrbuh1qcay1ao1_500.gif

They never said anything about Skrulls on Ancient Aliens...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz79vzrbuh1qcay1ao1_500.gif

They never said anything about Skrulls on Ancient Aliens...

They just don't know the truth. smile

dmills
Techie without a doubt. The Tank or the Ghost are good for winning a few battles, the techie could win the war.

the ninjak
Originally posted by dmills
Techie without a doubt. The Tank or the Ghost are good for winning a few battles, the techie could win the war.

I agree. I'll take the future tech. Being a Hulk amalgamation can only go so far in stopping a full fledged invasion.

And I would give the tech to the resistence as well. No way can you do it alone. With such tech more advancements could be made in time.
Create your own Nova Corps wink

psycho gundam
Originally posted by the ninjak
Being a Hulk amalgamation can only go so far in stopping a full fledged invasion. by stopping a full fledged invasion

the ninjak
Originally posted by psycho gundam
by stopping a full fledged invasion

Nah. Being as "durable as the Hulk" with "Namor's strength" and "Spidey's speed". And I'm hoping agility as well! Won't do crap against a Skrull Invasion.

-Pr-
Why not? Those stats should be more than sufficient to protect the Earth and yourself.

I'd pick tank, btw. Just what I think I'd be most effective as.

the ninjak
I just don't see having specifically Hulk's durability, Namor's strength and Spidey's speed being very harmful to a pack of Super Skrulls and an entire armada in the long run. They'll get you eventually.

I would've been happier with just Hulk's normal abilities. And would do more damge than the amalgamation.

As leader of the resistance I would pass on the IPad tech amongst the human race until we can fight back.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by -Pr-
Why not? Those stats should be more than sufficient to protect the Earth and yourself.

I'd pick tank, btw. Just what I think I'd be most effective as.

All by yourself? Skrull invasion? I don't see it happening

You also have to consider that in my scenario you'd be giving two KMCers the other two additional powers, so all three powers are in play.

JakeTheBank
Does Hulk's durability include his healing factor?

Parmaniac
Just give them to me Pr and victory will be on your side cool

Rage.Of.Olympus
With the Hulk's damage soak, I'd laugh off anything they'd throw at me and with the full strength of Namor, I'm going to be ripping Skrull ships from the sky. Super-sonic flight or something instead of Spider-Man's speed would make the process much more efficient but I'd still get the job done, it'll just take longer.

Existere
If all powers are in play, I'd choose Ghost.

I'd give Jake the Tank powers, B-Dubs the Techie powers, and I'd come up with a new power set for Leo, because I've decided to re-write the rules.

We'd be like the fantastic four or something. But with, like, better costumes. mmm

Blair Wind
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Does Hulk's durability include his healing factor?

No. You heal like a normal human would.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Existere

I'd give Jake the Tank powers, B-Dubs the Techie powers, and I'd come up with a new power set for Leo, because I've decided to re-write the rules.

We'd be like the fantastic four or something. But with, like, better costumes. mmm

thumb up

Blair Wind

thumb up

Mentioning Leo got me thinking. I could write an app to create/enhance powers by changing the person's DNA using the nanobots from the Tricorder app and Siri's knowledge base.

If I could find a way to mass produce the nanobots themselves I could create new superhero's akin to DCUO's method to fighting Brainiac.

dmills
I understand personal preference and all, I just don't get how anyone outside of the techie could actually stand a chance of winning the war. Skrulls would be posing as humans to attempt assassinations with advanced weaponry, you'd have thousands of fleet ships to contend with and then there's the battalion of super skrulls that barring pis, would in all likelihood push your shyte in in any head to head confrontations with them. The tank angle is just suicide imo.

JakeTheBank
The tank angle is just suicide imo.

...for the Skrulls.

sneer

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
...for the Skrulls.

sneer

laughing out loud You guys read too many comic books eek!

JakeTheBank
All I needs to know is that when Namor punches shit while screaming "Imperius Rex!", stuff dies.

Blair Wind
I understand personal preference and all, I just don't get how anyone outside of the techie could actually stand a chance of winning the war. Skrulls would be posing as humans to attempt assassinations with advanced weaponry, you'd have thousands of fleet ships to contend with and then there's the battalion of super skrulls that barring pis, would in all likelihood push your shyte in in any head to head confrontations with them. The tank angle is just suicide imo.

thumb up

The three powers are meant to compliment each other, but it seems most guys on KMC want to be superstrong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I just want to be able to punch people's heads off, nothing wrong with that.

Is this a Secret Invasion style thing or the Skrull fleet randomly flying to Earth and blowing shit up?

Existere
I'd totally ghost onto Skrull ships and steal all their shit, then have Blair hack it for me, and make it user-friendly.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I just want to be able to punch people's heads off, nothing wrong with that.

Is this a Secret Invasion style thing or the Skrull fleet randomly flying to Earth and blowing shit up?

Secret Invasion minus having tons of Super-Skrulls since our Earth has no super hero's.

They want our natural resources, for whatever reason, so they are destroying the human contamination to then use the entire world for themselves.

dmills
thumb up

The three powers are meant to compliment each other, but it seems most guys on KMC want to be superstrong.

The responses seem to be indicative of the kinds of comics and heroes that posters like. Thor/Hulk fans like power showings etc so they'll roll with the meathead err Tank build.

You like Ironman, so the techie angle is something you appreciate a bit more. Same with me. I like Nova, who is sort of a bridge between the two. Not sure about the Ghost, but I suspect its more of the same.

Newjak
Hey Balir who would be your teammates I didn't see that you posted that.

As for the Tank. The one thing it gives you is a pretty good chance in battle. Yeah the tech is good but as evidenced by the opening post it has limits power wise, the tank powerset never turns off.

That makes it useful in fights. also helps with stealing Skrull stuff thanks to Spider-man speed.

Existere
You like Ironman, so the techie angle is something you appreciate a bit more. Same with me. I like Nova, who is sort of a bridge between the two. Not sure about the Ghost, but I suspect its more of the same. I picked Ghost. I guess my favorite character is... Kitty Pryde? Deadman?

Dang.

Galan007
thumb up

The three powers are meant to compliment each other, but it seems most guys on KMC want to be superstrong. For the purposes of the scenario you gave, "The Tank" seems like it'd be the most useful/full-proof powerset out of the three.

For more practical/RW uses, I'd choose "The Techie"

dmills
I picked Ghost. I guess my favorite character is... Kitty Pryde? Deadman?

Dang.

How about... Ghost eek!

Blair Wind
Hey Blair who would be your teammates I didn't see that you posted that.

I would give Newjak the Tank powers due to knowing that you used to play football and are comfortable with full contact sports. I would use you for diversionary tactics and widespread offensive movements.

I would give Joel (Existere) the Ghost power-set and use him for stealth/recon/retrieval missions.

With the Techie powerset I would program a few new apps using the future SDK, and relying heavily on Siri, some of which would include:

(1)Power Creator/Enhancer via Tricorder nanobots app. I would hack MIT to manufacture more nanobots to arm my fellow KMCers with powers (with some precautions/fail-safes) and enhance Joel's and Newjak's powers.

In addition, being that Siri gives me access to the entirety of the Guardians database, I would alter my own DNA to be based on a certain Kryptonian's template and then top that with the ability to store and utilize all the powers I have created thus far a la Peter Petrelli.

(2)Energy absorbing app that can re-direct all energy into the Iphone and makes it more powerful. A subset of that would be a telepathy blocking app that re-directs all mental energy into the Iphone. I can then discharge said energies if I wanted to.

With the help of Siri I would design blueprints for new hover technology (flying cars and faster planes), new battery/energy devices to power it, force field generators, and improve on weapons technology - including remote weapons platforms - by a thousand fold. Since the Invasion doesn't happen till the end of the year, I would license (for use, not sale) the designs to every military and manufacturing company in the world (again, with my own safeguards in the designs) so they could mass produce it quickly to be ready for the coming invasion.

Side note: I would be the worlds first trillionaire. By having Superman's power set I could fly into space (with additional Iphone forcefield and breathing apparatus) retrieve an average sized asteroid and bring it to earth. Every average asteroid contains a trillion dollars worth of rare earth metals. I'd process those and sell them to the militaries and manufacturing plants to be able to construct the future technology I've designed for them. Not only that, but by patenting my blueprints for the other technology, I'd be the richest man on earth for quite some time. I could not only stop this invasion, but I can re-build earth to be a better place once the war is over with both my technology and monetary resources.

Using Siri, I would also personally draw a blueprint of a suit that I would construct - from funding that I've gotten from my licenses and earth metals - similar to the Iron Man suit, but based on the most powerful and versatile armored suit in the database that could be built utilizing earth/asteroid materials, that can utilize the future Iphone (and apps), as well as have offensive and defensive capabilities of its own. Its purpose would be to augment my catalog of powers and better protect my I-phone.

That is just off the top of my head. I'd create a power ring if it were not for the fact that I don't think we could create one using earth materials. And yes, I just totally hacked my power set to do tons of shit, but that was the point of that power. smile

DarkSaint85
No. You heal like a normal human would.

You're ****ed, majorly then.

Hulk durability + human level healing???? You'd be taken out in the first salvo...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You're ****ed, majorly then.

Hulk durability + human level healing???? You'd be taken out in the first salvo...

I doubt the first salvo, but you can't just wade in like you are Superman and not be expected think through what you are doing.

Newjak
Well are we talking pretty pissed off Hulk durability or lower Hulk level durability?

Blair Wind
Average hulk durability.

Newjak
There's only two options pick one stick out tongue

Anyways average hulk durability is still pretty good

Blair Wind
There's only two options pick one stick out tongue

Anyways average hulk durability is still pretty good

Would you still consider that pick over the other two?

How would you utilize the power you pick and utilize the other two KMCers?

leonidas

laughing out loud

we'd need a bigger challenge.

Newjak
Would you still consider that pick over the other two?

How would you utilize the power you pick and utilize the other two KMCers? The fact I'm a computer programmer makes me want to take the teckie thing.

As for if I was the Tank. Well I mean gorilla warefare would be awesome. With Spiderman level speed and reflexes mixed with the strength you should be able to get into anything and start stealing weapons for your forces.

As for how I would use the other two.

My first thought would be to have the tech guy use his device to hook intoa skrull power supply since the thing seems very limited, probably something the tank got from a raid.

With the added boost in power we could do pretty much everything you already described.

The Ghost could be used ti help bugs and stuff in extremely key places or transmitters that allow the tech guy to remote in through them.

The way I look at it the Tank in he beginning is the most important for securing resources and keeping the group alive until we have enough resources for the other two to do some real damage with their gifts.

Uriel005
How about... Ghost eek! ghost limitations of an hour pretty much make it inviable long term. Your not getting any knowledge to go with it so being the ultimate saboteur i.e. stealth and cloaking becomes useless if you don't have anything which will let you use it's fullest extent. I don't know about you but I can't operate a Skrull computer system and I doubt I'd be able to perfectly navigate and get everything done in an hour and not get murdered.

Digi
Ghost seems like the consensus weak link. Tank is the safe play, tech provides the most possibilities. It's a risk/reward option at that point. This being the Skrulls, I'd go with tech and hope for the best. Because honestly, I think even a team of all three of these is doomed.

Blair, I dare say your replicating nanobot, army of superhumans idea is probably bending your own rules a bit much, yeah?

I'd give the other powers to JP (Tank) and Whirly (Ghost). If nothing else, they'd troll the hell out of the Skrulls while I tried to win.

I would probably say Digi, cause he's all business and you know he is gonna do his job, Plus he already has the costumes stick out tongue

Damn straight. I'd be the weird dude with a cape and an iphone, although that sounds like most conventions these days anyway.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Uriel005
ghost limitations of an hour pretty much make it inviable long term. Your not getting any knowledge to go with it so being the ultimate saboteur i.e. stealth and cloaking becomes useless if you don't have anything which will let you use it's fullest extent. I don't know about you but I can't operate a Skrull computer system and I doubt I'd be able to perfectly navigate and get everything done in an hour and not get murdered.

I see tons of useful things you can do while being a Ghost in 1 hour. I play as an Infiltrator in Mass Effect, and going completely invisible for even a few seconds is enough to gain the upper hand at times. And this is applicable to things outside of just combat scenarios.

In addition, while I never wrote this, I always intended for the Ghost to be able to turn others intangible/invisible (up to the weight of an average two men).

Newjak
Originally posted by Digi

Damn straight. I'd be the weird dude with a cape and an iphone, although that sounds like most conventions these days anyway. Haha,

You could call yourself iMan stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Digi
Blair, I dare say your replicating nanobot, army of superhumans idea is probably bending your own rules a bit much, yeah?

Not at all. I have a hacker mentality when it comes to that powerset. I left it open ended for a reason: to see what people might come up with using the SDK and having the other apps pre-established to give an idea of what might be possible. I did not go beyond any of the apps I had already put forth (basically the Tricorder and Spying app with added functionality due to Siri's huge database)

Newjak
Not at all. I have a hacker mentality when it comes to that powerset. I left it open ended for a reason: to see what people might come up with using the SDK and having the other apps pre-established to give an idea of what might be possible. I did not go beyond any of the apps I had already put forth (basically the Tricorder and Spying app with added functionality due to Siri's huge database)

Yeah but that would take a lot of power and you seem to not have given it a lot of juice based on your other previous statements to duration of use.

Blair Wind
Yeah but that would take a lot of power and you seem to not have given it a lot of juice based on your other previous statements to duration of use.

Yeah, the iPhone itself does not have a supercharged power supply for the apps, but I am basically reprogramming the Tricorder app (which programs the nanobots to be more proactive instead for healing purposes). The spy/hacking app can go worldwide - the power supply is more a problem for the force fields

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.