The greatest sword of all?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Offendor
He-Man use The Power Sword.
She-Ra use The Sword of Protection.
Lion-O use The Sword of Omens.

These swords are some insanly powerfull weapons! We have seen some outstanding and silly powerfull things being done with these swords and I cannot think of any other sword that can candidate as the greatest sword of all time.

What sword do you think should count as the very best sword and why?

the ninjak
He-man's one.

country1000
Surturs sword would rape all three of those swords at the same time. There is NO greater sword than twilight.

Prep-Man
Sword of Superman rapes Surtur's sword all day.

country1000
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Sword of Superman rapes Surtur's sword all day. Can the sword of superman usher in the end of creation?

Prep-Man
It is a piece of creation, created during the big bang, IIRC. It made Superman omnipotent or something to that effect. He rejected it, though.

Offendor
I guess excalibur could be a strong sword to...
http://www.youtube.com/embed/pbpbPhMmBV4

I think that the Sword of Omens reversed time in some episode to repair stuff that broke during the episode. It might have been in a She-Ra episode to. I remembered I found it so powerfull it became silly. Reversing time is a pretty powerfull skill on a sword imo.

Prep-Man
In that list, i think He-Man wins.

Offendor
Originally posted by country1000
Surturs sword would rape all three of those swords at the same time. There is NO greater sword than twilight. I don't know anything about that sword. Where can I learn more about it?

Stoic
Originally posted by Offendor
I don't know anything about that sword. Where can I learn more about it?

History

The sword was created by Surtur using the "Burning Galaxy" (created by exploding the home galaxy of the Korbinites). Also known as the Sword of Doom, it was intended to set the universe afire, later used as a power source by Loki & Morgan Le Fay. powerful weapon wielded by Surtur.

Alphabetical Appearances of "Twilight Sword"

A

* Avengers Academy Vol 1 20
* Avengers Prime Vol 1 4
* Avengers Prime Vol 1 5
* Avengers Vol 3 1
* Avengers Vol 3 3
* Avengers: Free Comic Book Day 2009 Vol 1 1

F

* Fear Itself Vol 1 7

J

* JLA/Avengers Vol 1 3
* Journey into Mystery Vol 1 104
* Journey into Mystery Vol 1 626
* Journey into Mystery Vol 1 628
* Journey into Mystery Vol 1 629
* Journey into Mystery Vol 1 631

M

* Magik Vol 2 2
* The Mighty Thor Vol 1 7

N

* New Mutants Vol 3 31

T

* Thor Annual Vol 1 14
* Thor Vol 1 343
* Thor Vol 1 345
* Thor Vol 1 347
* Thor Vol 1 348
* Thor Vol 1 350
* Thor Vol 1 351
* Thor Vol 1 352
* Thor Vol 1 353
* Thor Vol 1 363
* Thor Vol 1 364
* Thor Vol 1 366
* Thor Vol 1 373
* Thor Vol 1 376
* Thor Vol 1 425
* Thor Vol 1 473
* Thor Vol 1 620
* Thor Vol 2 85

Offendor
Setting the universe afire does sound insanely powerfull... I have to agree with that.

Here is a story about that Sword of Superman: http://www.comicvine.com/superman/29-1807/sword-of-superman/92-568654/?
It made the wielder all-knowing, that's about it I think? Setting the universe afire sounds stronger.

leonidas
meh, twilight needs an outside source in order to perform it's ultimate job. and i really have a hard time believing surtur--even with the sword lit--could ACTUALLY destroy the whole universe....

sword of superman is a great choice.

Offendor
What can the sword of superman do except float around being old and know everything?

basilisk
Surturs sword would rape all three of those swords at the same time. There is NO greater sword than twilight. Originally posted by Prep-Man
Sword of Superman rapes Surtur's sword all day.
That's a lot of sword rape.

Uriel005
Majestros sword

BlackZero30x
from the list He-Mans sword is superior.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Uriel005
Majestros sword
Meh, persuader's axe seems better.

dmills
Captain Britain's Excalibur.

BlackZero30x
well with all these other entry's i'll add Sword of Olympus shifty

janus77
John Holmes/Dirk Diggler

quanchi112
Mar-vell sword he used to make an attempt on Thanos' life during Thanos Imperative.

Sundipped
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
well with all these other entry's i'll add Sword of Olympus shifty

Good pick. Zeus ended the Titans threat with it.

country1000
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, twilight needs an outside source in order to perform it's ultimate job. and i really have a hard time believing surtur--even with the sword lit--could ACTUALLY destroy the whole universe....

sword of superman is a great choice. The flame and sword are made for each other. Odin, all asgardians, the fates, beta ray bill, Zeus and his people plus half of earths heros believed Surtur. We have seen twilights power even cut back in time. What has the sword of superman ever done besides float around space?

Cogito
The flame and sword are made for each other. Odin, all asgardians, the fates, beta ray bill, Zeus and his people plus half of earths heros believed Surtur. We have seen twilights power even cut back in time. What has the sword of superman ever done besides float around space?

IIRC, Superman was merging with the universe/infinite itself. It was a sword created by God at the birth of the universe for someone worthy to become God, basically. Superman rejected it, of course.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Cogito
IIRC, Superman was merging with the universe/infinite itself. It was a sword created by God at the birth of the universe for someone worthy to become God, basically. Superman rejected it, of course.

so no feats. I thought Excaliber + amulet was a multiversal weapon. (or is that crazy inaccurate?)

Anyway he-mans sword out of the list but I don't know much about the others.

leonidas
The flame and sword are made for each other. Odin, all asgardians, the fates, beta ray bill, Zeus and his people plus half of earths heros believed Surtur. We have seen twilights power even cut back in time. What has the sword of superman ever done besides float around space?

mjolnir has cut back in time (until the pis power was removed). ss can go back in time. so? when kal DID touch it he began merging with the universe. he realized that he rejected that much power. the sword had religious undertones and was supposed to have made him, in essence, god. it had one appearance and has never been used, so looking for feats is pointless. the implications were clear as day imo though.

and......twilight STILL requires an outside source to be fully powered. it says sword, not sword+outside source. if you choose to believe that surtur--with a lit sword--could actually destroy the universe (literally kill all the cosmics and eternity), well....... okey-dokey. i'll not be buying that however. in any way shape or form.

leonidas
Originally posted by Lord Feron
so no feats. I thought Excaliber + amulet was a multiversal weapon. (or is that crazy inaccurate?)

Anyway he-mans sword out of the list but I don't know much about the others.

yeah, no feats. but, like i said, implications were pretty clear. so, meh. excalibur would be my next choice. sword+amulet=OMNIversal, not multiversal.

from the list he-man's should win. join it with skeletor's and it would be a lot better. and since we're joining flame and sword, might as well join the 2 swords and the sword and the amulet.....

country1000
Originally posted by leonidas
mjolnir has cut back in time (until the pis power was removed). ss can go back in time. so? when kal DID touch it he began merging with the universe. he realized that he rejected that much power. the sword had religious undertones and was supposed to have made him, in essence, god. it had one appearance and has never been used, so looking for feats is pointless. the implications were clear as day imo though.

and......twilight STILL requires an outside source to be fully powered. it says sword, not sword+outside source. if you choose to believe that surtur--with a lit sword--could actually destroy the universe (literally kill all the cosmics and eternity), well....... okey-dokey. i'll not be buying that however. in any way shape or form. Mjolnir nor ss can contain Odin in the heart of asgard. Surtur WILL destroy the universe if not challenged and stopped is some manner. Just like thor was destined to die fighting the midgard serpent ( unless strange events hinder the pre-destined event ) Surturs role in destroying all that is, is well known, thats why Odin,thor and loki did ALL they could to prevent surtur from lighting his sword.

leonidas
Mjolnir nor ss can contain Odin in the heart of asgard. Surtur WILL destroy the universe if not challenged and stopped is some manner. Just like thor was destined to die fighting the midgard serpent ( unless strange events hinder the pre-destined event ) Surturs role in destroying all that is, is well known, thats why Odin,thor and loki did ALL they could to prevent surtur from lighting his sword.

well, of course they can't. neither is a near skyfather level character either..... and he would be stopped imo, even if the sword were lit. none of that changes the fact that you're talking about what the sword MIGHT be capable if it were ever lit. but we're talking about just the sword. not the sword+flame.

gogogadgetgo
The Sword of Omens without a doubt is the greatest sword of all!

Once Lion-O goes
Thunder..
Thunder...
THUNDERCATS!!!!
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

= instant win

dmills
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

Once Lion-O goes
Thunder..
Thunder...
THUNDERCATS!!!!

= instant win

laughing out loud thumb up

WaveMotionGun
In this list , I'd go with The Sword of Omens. Outside of this list, what about The Persuaders Atomic Axe? It's supposed to be able to cut through anything.

Offendor
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo

Once Lion-O goes
Thunder..
Thunder...
THUNDERCATS!!!!

= instant win Yeah, that's exactly why it's on my list. big grin It can do pretty much anything lol.

Sin I AM
ebony blade...not the most powerful of course, but i love its applications

WaveMotionGun
Originally posted by WaveMotionGun
In this list , I'd go with The Sword of Omens. Outside of this list, what about The Persuaders Atomic Axe? It's supposed to be able to cut through anything.
My bad you said swords nm.

Bouboumaster
Hulk's fists.

Weapons are for pussies.

Flyattractor

Sword 1 is the most durable

Sword 2 is the most versital

Sword 3 is the most capable.

Batman-Prime

These swords are some insanly powerfull weapons! We have seen some outstanding and silly powerfull things being done with these swords and I cannot think of any other sword that can candidate as the greatest sword of all time.

What sword do you think should count as the very best sword and why?

He-Man Sword (Gives you also the power of He-Man) > She-Ra (Girl) > Lion-O's Sword

Most powerful? Sword of Superman (aka Sword of God no expression )

country1000
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
He-Man Sword (Gives you also the power of He-Man) > She-Ra (Girl) > Lion-O's Sword

Most powerful? Sword of Superman (aka Sword of God no expression ) You have swords that can destroy universes, swords that can cut through anything, swords that can call up demons, swords that can transmute beings and you pick a sword that has zero feats as the most powerful?? Why? Because it has a pretty name or someone's name in it?

Zack Fair
xI0OQukfzx8

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/193/1279052383758.jpg

Adam_PoE
Here is an explanation of the source of power of the Sword of Power:

wLIXm3XbuYo

Here is the Sword of Power in action:

ep5oh_6D4yY

AsbestosFlaygon
Amongst the three, it should be He-Man's.

If we are talking about pure physical damage, The Shining Knight's enchanted sword can literally cut through anything (unless there are other similar swords that can cut through anything as well)

If we are talking about the 'greatest sword of ALL', then it would be the Sword of Superman, no doubt.
CB's Excalibur + Amulet would be a close 2nd, imho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.