The Cyclops Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
It's finally happened: Scott Summers has gone over the edge and decided that the only way to save mutantkind is to conquer the world. He enacts the "Cyclops Stratagems", a series of protocols named after himself which were designed to take down every enemy superhuman on earth. Almost all the superhuman targets are killed.

But a small group of superhumans are known to have survived the onslaught, escaping and banding together in an old alien base in the Savage Land to fight another day.

Cyclops will use all means at his disposal to find them and kill them. He has total control over not only Utopia, but all current X-Teams, X-Scientists, and students.

The heroes and villains have access to all their regular equipment plus a lot of generic alien tech and labs in the hidden base.

They can't bring in outside help or go off-world. No time travel allowed!

The Resistance:

Captain America
Hawkeye
Punisher
Moonstone (no nanobots)
Cage
Strange (current)
Ghost Rider (Blaze)
Mr Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Thor
Sersi
T'Challa (but Wakanda was completely destroyed)
Hulk
Rulk
Vision
Doom
Doc Ock
Sandman
Black Knight with Ebony Blade
Mr Sinister
Dracula (no other vampires survived)
Pym

It's been a month since the onslaught, but from Utopia Cyclops has finally located the heroes' base... who will come out on top?

DarkSaint85
Doom, Pym, Doc Ock, Reed AND T'Challa on the same team, plus one month's prep???

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doom, Pym, Doc Ock, Reed AND T'Challa on the same team, plus one month's prep???

But remember - they are going up against an equally prepped opponent, a stack of exotic powers including a bunch of telepaths, guys like Juggernaut-Colossus, Hope, Phoenix (no DP), Magik, Magneto, plus the X-Scientists, Danger, plus a stack of cannon-fodder mutants to sacrifice. And the evil genius of... Cyclops.

nwg202
hmmm...doom and reed with prep is quite scary. Thor, Hulk, Ghost rider and Sersi are no joke. current strange can cause some problems too..

On the x-men side, they have Legion right? Can Magik access Limbo?

Legion, a Limbo powered Magik, shaman x-man and Hope is major league fire power though..Legion and Hope being the top tier while a Limbo powered Magik and Shaman x-man being plus other omega level mutants as back up is insane...

basilisk
Originally posted by nwg202
hmmm...doom and reed with prep is quite scary.

On the x-men side, they have Legion right? Can Magik access Limbo?

Legion, a Limbo powered Magik and Hope is major league fire power though...

I'm going to say no off-world stuff like Limbo for anyone. I'd like to limit Legion to one of his more normal appearances if that's even possible.

DarkSaint85
In the month that Cyclops has been searching, I am assuming the resistance has been busy.

I'd have captured Quicksilver, bitten him using Dracula, and turned him loose on the general populace.

Copy the SHIELD Scorched Earth protocol, and teleport the Hulk and the Punisher on Utopia as a distraction when Cyclops attacks, using Pym's dimensional tech.

Allow GR to go crazy - simple, as he'd be avenging all the innocents killed by Cyclops.

The resistance could use Pym's dimensional tech to great effect, with mass fodder being provided by Doom and his mind-controlled dinosaurs on the Savage Land (yeah, he went there....)

Then the usual fisticuffs ensue. Of course, I could just have the geniuses whip up a variant of the Hope cure, using Strange and Doom's mystic ability and Pym's teleportation to steal it from Beast. Then give them to Hawkeye, who soloes the field with his antimutant arrows :-p

Bouboumaster
Man, with one month prep, it would suck to be a mutant.

All you need is Reed and Doom, (Banner and Pym could be added, just for shit and giggles) to prep the **** out, and give a beating to the mutant worst that Scarlet Witch did.

janus77
This would make for a fantastic comic arc, far better than crap like Secret Invasion/WWHs etc.

In comics, obviously, this would be a monumental war with lots of casualties on both sides... Doom would be less than the force he is alone, Reed would assume leadership and basically go off somewhere to investigate some side-issue for 3-4 pages, Banner would forget that he's already out-prepped everyone before and recently Dr. Moreau'd an Island of animals and instead would just sit in the background whilst Hulk stomps mutants for a while (before he decides that the Mutants aren't the enemy and it's better to sit on the side lines).

In a forum battle, I think Reed, Doom and Banner alone would come up with tech and monsters powerful enough to close the numbers gap, then will the other heroes ... Mutants get stomped.

JakeTheBank
Spite against mutantkind.

Lord Feron
The genius of the non-mutant team would find a way to turn off mutant abilities. Or create something similar to the legacy virus to win.

nwg202
the earth based mutants have the most raw power in the marvel universe (legion, hope, wanda, franklin, jaspers, bradock, omega mutants, Phoenix powered mutants, telepaths, etc)..that said doom and reed with prep trumps all..lol w/o prep the mutants stomp.

basilisk
Post AvX bump

-Pr-
Another Doom thread... sad

pym-ftw
Hmm... a celestial gun weilding, eight armed, magicly shielded anti metal Ultron solos...

8swords
soo, the resistance has Strange ,Mr Fantastic, T'Challa, Doom, Doc, OckPym. the heavy prepers?

plus mr. sinisters intel on mutants, mostly x-men?

yeah ok this is a GOOD fight sick

JakeTheBank
Those damn dirty muties get obliterated.

DarkSaint85
Resistance, HO!

Mindset
Originally posted by -Pr-
Another Doom thread... sad You gonna cry, you big baby!?

DarkSaint85
Oh, he gon' cry.

Sixth_Winged
This is gonna be worse than genosha, that's for sure.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/cryclops.gif

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
You gonna cry, you big baby!?

It's just sad, is all...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/cryclops.gif

"Cryclops" laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.