Darksaber vs Children of the Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GordonSkywalker
Which book do you like better: Children of the Jedi or its follow-up, Darksaber? Both are early entries in the EU canon and feature Luke Skywalker on personal quests to communicate with spirits of dead jedi in order to stop the Imperial Remnant from reclaiming a foothold in the Galaxy. This storyline also introduces a possible(but not long-lived) love interest for the Jedi Master (As this is before he and Mara Jade get together). I like Darksaber a bit more than the other title. It involves Hutts and another return visit to Tattooine. smile

Julie
Surprisingly, I have not read these yet.

GordonSkywalker
Both have great ideas in them, although Darksaber was slightly better, in my opinion.

Julie
really....I'll have to try and get that from the library this summer....when I have the time to be reading....actually I'm not supposed to be doing "nothing" right now but I couldn't stand my homework

GordonSkywalker
Well, Julie, you might be pleased to know I bought a copy of Enemy Lines II(NJO) from the trade exchange bookstore this afternoon! It was the only NJO book there that I had not read yet. I plan on starting that probably tomorrow if not later tonight.

Julie
Ohhh...Enemy Lines II....does that have Anakin on the cover?????I remeber that I liked that one...one of the better NJO books...though almost all of them are superb

GordonSkywalker
Do you have the hots for Anakin or something?

GordonSkywalker
Whoops! I hope I did not just offend her!

Julie
nope.....not really...though the cover of EL II is nice.....actually I think that all the solo children are "nice looking".....and if I had to pick my fav character of the 3 at this moment I'd probably go with Jaina....which definately doesn't involve her looks....( though the pic was nice)

GordonSkywalker
Yeah. I like all the illustrations I've seen of her.

Julie
a few of the early illustrations...like on the young jedi knights series were just ok, but the newer ones are much nicer

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, I think the newer illustrations I have seen are very flattering of her. One thing though:has anyone here noticed the illustrations of Luke Skywalker look different from each other? For example: The cover of Vector Prime makes him look even older than the later NJO books Star by Star and Rebirth?

Rave
I can't get into Children of the Jedi.But Darksaber is good

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, the plot for The Crystal Star(the Solo children are kidnapped) is too basic and not dramatic enough.

Julie
well...I thought that the Crystal Star was a semi-entertaining book....not worth a second glance, but worth it enough to read the first time

GordonSkywalker
I like Darksaber more. It has more of a Star Wars plot: Hutts, Tattooine, and superweapons!

Julie
I think the superweapons part is where some of Darksaber's critics get most of their complaints

GordonSkywalker
For being too much like the Death Star or the Suncrusher, no doubt.

Corran
Not a new idea, yes I can see where the criticism would have been directed.

GordonSkywalker
It was getting a bit old by this point in the Star Wars novels. After the two Death Stars and the aforementioned weopon in The Jedi Academy trilogy, the Darksaber was such an overused cliche.

Julie
hey if it works....run it to the ground...and they did:-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.