Naruto vs Sasuke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ichigo12
Naruto (Sage Mode)

VS

Sasuke (Mangekyou Sharingan)

I have that doubt and I want you guys to decide who wins.

TheAuraAngel
Sasuke-kun!!!! X3

But yeah, next time you want to make a VS thread, you should probably do it in the VS forum. :O

Q99
At what point when he had the mangekyo?

If it was right after he got it, or like just after the Killerbee fight, or even when he had the susano'o ribcage like he had against the Kages, then Naruto.

Fully activated Susano'o like against Danzo, then Sasuke.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ichigo12
Naruto (Sage Mode)

VS

Sasuke (Mangekyou Sharingan)

I have that doubt and I want you guys to decide who wins.

Sasuke uses Genjutsu on Naruto.

It's Super Effective.

Q99
Sage mode is sensor, fighting blind is doable.

Demonic Phoenix
True, but it doesn't mean he'll fight blind from the get-go, or fight blind for the entire fight. Not making eye-contact would be easier for him.

marwash22
can sharingan see senjutsu?

Rinnegan can't so i imagine Sharingan can't either.

Q99
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
True, but it doesn't mean he'll fight blind from the get-go, or fight blind for the entire fight. Not making eye-contact would be easier for him.

And there's letting Clones get genjutsu'd in his place, like Kakashi did against the Itachi clone.

ichigo12
Well, who wins?
By the replies I think Naruto wins no?

TheAuraAngel
Naruto does not win if Sasuke is using a good Susano'o(like the one used on Danzo).

ichigo12
So this fight continues, wohoo!!!!

socool8520
i think a few wind style rasenshurikens will handle that susan'o. I would imagine that Sasuke can't keep that form forvever. I think Naruto could outlast him with clones. all of Sasuke's big abilities take alot of chakra and Naruto simply has more of it. Also, how come Naruto does get tailed beast mode?

Q99
Originally posted by socool8520
i think a few wind style rasenshurikens will handle that susan'o. I would imagine that Sasuke can't keep that form forvever. I think Naruto could outlast him with clones. all of Sasuke's big abilities take alot of chakra and Naruto simply has more of it.

Rasenshuriken takes a lot of chakra even for Naruto, though. Two of 'em, give or take, and he drops out of sage mode.

TheAuraAngel

haermm

Apparently there is a cutscene in a Naruto video game where Naruto throws a Rasenshuriken at Sasuke...who then activates his Susano'o and knocks it aside with his sword. So if the game is to believed, they won't help much. Not that I'm sure how much I believe the game...

socool8520
Originally posted by Q99
Rasenshuriken takes a lot of chakra even for Naruto, though. Two of 'em, give or take, and he drops out of sage mode.

He also has more than one clone, so he can do it more than a few times. not too mention he can bombard susan'o with multiple rasengan's like he did against Kurama.

ichigo12
The game that you are talking about is the new one, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations and in that same video yea, Naruto throwed a Rasen-Shuriken and Sasuke smiled, put Susano'o and with his sword he destroyed the the justu but Sasuke wont have Susanoo for too much and Naruto isnt a dumb (well not too much xD)

socool8520
Video games don't count correct? I'm fairly certain that susan'o is not going to just shrug off a wind shuriken multipple times unless of course the susan'o is a strong as the lightning release armor. Or maybe Naruto could throw one aa a distraction and then when the sword swipes it away he uses a rasengan to push the sword into Sauke's chest like he did against the third Raikage.

socool8520
Has there been any rule on how far out the nature energy extends with frog kata? I was just wondering if naruto could use against susan'o as a way to strike Sasuke without actually touching the armor like he did against pain.

ichigo12
But I dont think that Natural chakra could beat Susano'o beacuse, well, its the ultimate defense I think.

socool8520
No lightning release armor is. lol i would really like to see how long Sasuke can maintain Susan'o because that is the biggest factor. Everytime he has used it, he hasn't had to sustain it for very long. That thing has to drain chakra pretty bad especially if naruto is bombarding it with rasengans which take him barely any chakra at all anymore.

socool8520
And also, A's arm got through (granted it was an incomplete susan'o). but I think Naruto is faster than A and at least comparable, if not stronger as well. His frog kata could fair better than you think.

ichigo12
You know that frog kata is like another martial art? It is just new movements and new justus and so far any justu of frog kata will trespass Susano'o but maybe a Big Ball Rasengan and a RasenShuriken hitted on Susano'os backbone which I think it is its weak point.

TheAuraAngel
Naruto's Sage Mode strength tends to vary so I'm iffy on it.

That said, if Kabuto's Sage Mode is like Naruto's, Naruto should be able to dodge the arrows now. Which is pretty darn impressive since Kakashi couldn't and he had sharingan!

Still leaning towards Sasuke cause of genjutsu though. :T

socool8520
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Naruto's Sage Mode strength tends to vary so I'm iffy on it.

That said, if Kabuto's Sage Mode is like Naruto's, Naruto should be able to dodge the arrows now. Which is pretty darn impressive since Kakashi couldn't and he had sharingan!

Still leaning towards Sasuke cause of genjutsu though. :T

Sharingan can't match overwhelming speed.

genjutsu is such a cop out. I still think naruto would be okay against genjutsu if he has the toads with him that could break him from it. not too mention use some of their own.

TheAuraAngel
Not true. The Sharingan can track pretty much any speed. The only character that has truly rendered the Sharingan impotent in terms of sheer speed is A and the jury is out on how Sage Mode fairs compared to A's speed.

But the body of the person using the Sharingan is limited. Sage Mode sacrifices some of the Sharingan's more useful abilities in exchange for pure power. Kabuto could track the arrow with his senses and dodge it with his speed.

Genjutsu is as viable as any option. And if this is the same Naruto we're talking about, he rarely uses Toads.

socool8520
He stopped pain from killing Tsunade when Pain was a foot away when he wasn't even close to her. He has used his toads against strong opponents such as Gaara and Pain. Why wouldn't he use them against Sasuke?

TheAuraAngel
"Rarely"

Gaara was ages ago and Pain...he didn't summon any Toads to help him against Pain lol.

socool8520
Okay....They still aided him and he used them effectively in the fight against Pain.I find it ridiculous to think that if this is a fight between two powerful ninja, they would not use every technique they have to win. Especially when the give you access to great techniques.

ichigo12
Sasuke has too strong attacks to use against Naruto.

socool8520
^ and naruto doesn't? He is too fast for amaterasu. Rasengan at least equals chidori, if not beats it. Plus he can use rasengan more than Sasuke can pull off chidori since it doesn't take continuous chakra and he has higher chakra reserves. I still say he can use the toads which is way better than one hawk. I still think it's kinda lame that Sasuke gets EMS and naruto only gets sage mode though.

ichigo12
Well Sasuke get EMS and Naruto the total control and friend of Kurama, actually Naruto is stronger than Sasuke.

socool8520
^ If this is the case then Naruto outmatches him in speed, power, and stamina.

ichigo12
Yes it does, but there is a little problem, that is not the case smile

socool8520
then this is somewhat spite then since we are fully powering Sasuke and not Naruto, unless of course you think sasuke needs it. I do. lol

ichigo12
Read the OP Naruto SM and Sasuke MS, pretty equal.

socool8520
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Not true. The Sharingan can track pretty much any speed. The only character that has truly rendered the Sharingan impotent in terms of sheer speed is A and the jury is out on how Sage Mode fairs compared to A's speed.

But the body of the person using the Sharingan is limited. Sage Mode sacrifices some of the Sharingan's more useful abilities in exchange for pure power. Kabuto could track the arrow with his senses and dodge it with his speed.

Genjutsu is as viable as any option. And if this is the same Naruto we're talking about, he rarely uses Toads.

Naruto was able to dodge the third's strike with just sage mode and he commented on the third to be on par with his son.

I still disagree with the toad thing. Minato was one of the best ninjas ever and he still used a summon. I don't see why Naruto wouldn't. Especially if he could learn those BA jutsus that jiraiya had with them like toad binding, the genjutsu and collab techs.

Damborgson
Sasuke mind ****s him. Or just ****s.

socool8520
^ Doubt it. Naruto does have a defense for genjutsu thanks to Jiraiya. plus with the help of ma and pa toad, he could be bailed out if Naruto is getting full use of his skills. they could simply not look at Sasuke and avoid being put under a genjutsu themselves.

Zack Fair
Naruto better anally rape Sasuke and teach him who the man in their relationship is.

Hate Sasuke. Hope he fkn dies in this arc.

socool8520
Yeah, it's either Itachi knocks some sense into him or Naruto pwns him. Of course before the fight, Sasuke still has lame power up due to his new eyes so we'll see what that is. Then he'll instantly be on Naruto's level again without working for it. Plus their is that scroll that Suigetsu has from Oro's hideout and nobody knows what it is, but it will boost Sasuke somehow. His lame powerups know no bounds.

socool8520
You know that frog kata is like another martial art? It is just new movements and new justus and so far any justu of frog kata will trespass Susano'o but maybe a Big Ball Rasengan and a RasenShuriken hitted on Susano'os backbone which I think it is its weak point.

frog kata is more than just a martial art. it comes with enhanced senses, speed, and power. Not too mention extensions of nature energy that increase attack range. Naruto was able to beat the third Raikage with it, why not Sasuke? plus, I think the third's lightning shroud>susan'o in terms of defense.

Damborgson
^ Doubt it. Naruto does have a defense for genjutsu thanks to Jiraiya. plus with the help of ma and pa toad, he could be bailed out if Naruto is getting full use of his skills. they could simply not look at Sasuke and avoid being put under a genjutsu themselves.

That technique he tried against false Itachi and failed with?

I'm much more inclined to think that if he breaks a genjutsu it'll be thanks to ma and pa toad. Not what Jiriya tried to teach him.

socool8520
Originally posted by Damborgson
That technique he tried against false Itachi and failed with?

I'm much more inclined to think that if he breaks a genjutsu it'll be thanks to ma and pa toad. Not what Jiriya tried to teach him.

He did resist being put to sleep by Itachi though, so it's not completely out of the question. Also, he has formed some relationship with kurama that would suggest that he coudl also break Naruto out of a genjutsu killer bee style. And then yeah, the toads. Plus, he's a sensory type in sage mode so he may be able to sense attacks without looking directly into Sasuke's eyes. He more than has the speed to react.

Damborgson
He did resist being put to sleep by Itachi though, so it's not completely out of the question. Also, he has formed some relationship with kurama that would suggest that he coudl also break Naruto out of a genjutsu killer bee style. And then yeah, the toads. Plus, he's a sensory type in sage mode so he may be able to sense attacks without looking directly into Sasuke's eyes. He more than has the speed to react.

Only because Itachi and Sakura shook him up from the genjutsu iirc. Otherwise he was nearing his limit.

Kurama still hated Naruto back then though. And Sasuke showed to be able to suppress him when need be.

Maybe. But he hasn't shown it yet that I know of.

The only reason I can see Naruto dealing with the genjutstu is becaue of the toads. Sasuke needs to take care of them first.

socool8520
Only because Itachi and Sakura shook him up from the genjutsu iirc. Otherwise he was nearing his limit.

Kurama still hated Naruto back then though. And Sasuke showed to be able to suppress him when need be.

Maybe. But he hasn't shown it yet that I know of.

The only reason I can see Naruto dealing with the genjutstu is becaue of the toads. Sasuke needs to take care of them first.

During sage mode? Sasuke hasn't even seen Naruto in sage mode. He could only supress the nine tails when Naruto first met up with him after the time skip. Plus, taking care of the toads will not be easy with their skill set as well as worrying about Sasuke. pain was able to pull it off to some degree but he is way more powerful than Sasuke was at that point.

Damborgson
During sage mode? Sasuke hasn't even seen Naruto in sage mode. He could only supress the nine tails when Naruto first met up with him after the time skip. Plus, taking care of the toads will not be easy with their skill set as well as worrying about Sasuke. pain was able to pull it off to some degree but he is way more powerful than Sasuke was at that point.

I don't see what difference it would make. Was there anything shown that would imply Sage Mode would give the sharingan a tough time surpressing ninetails?

One good look with Amaterasu while protected by susanoo should take care of ma and pa.

socool8520

One good look with Amaterasu while protected by susanoo should take care of ma and pa.

While they are on naruto's shoulder. highly doubt it. If Itachi was barely able to clip Sasuke with amaterasu the a slower Sasuke shouldn't even be able to catch Naruto. Naruto is faster than sasuke in sage mode. he was faster than the third raikage who was on par with A as stated by naruto.

Damborgson
While they are on naruto's shoulder. highly doubt it. If Itachi was barely able to clip Sasuke with amaterasu the a slower Sasuke shouldn't even be able to catch Naruto. Naruto is faster than sasuke in sage mode. he was faster than the third raikage who was on par with A as stated by naruto.

Itachi was not trying to kill sasuke. And he made it look as if he was using Amaterasu to avoid hitting his eyes to he could take them later. I don't see it as being hard for the frogs get hit. Even if they are on Naruto's shoulder.

socool8520
Itachi was not trying to kill sasuke. And he made it look as if he was using Amaterasu to avoid hitting his eyes to he could take them later. I don't see it as being hard for the frogs get hit. Even if they are on Naruto's shoulder.

It wouldn't matter if he hit Sasuke fully or not. He can recall Amaterasu after enough damage is done to sasuke. And it clearly showed sasuke outrunning it. The other frogs, sure, no prob I guess. ma and Pa, not so much. Naruto is faster than Sasuke. Anything Sasuke can pull off speed wise, naruto can top it. Sorry, but I don't see Amaterasu hitting Naruto, and in association, the frogs. It's not like he is gonna want to spam black flames anyways. He'll have to spam Susan'o just to stay alive. he does not want to play a chakra reserves contest with Naruto. No one does.

Damborgson
It wouldn't matter if he hit Sasuke fully or not. He can recall Amaterasu after enough damage is done to sasuke. And it clearly showed sasuke outrunning it. The other frogs, sure, no prob I guess. ma and Pa, not so much. Naruto is faster than Sasuke. Anything Sasuke can pull off speed wise, naruto can top it. Sorry, but I don't see Amaterasu hitting Naruto, and in association, the frogs. It's not like he is gonna want to spam black flames anyways. He'll have to spam Susan'o just to stay alive. he does not want to play a chakra reserves contest with Naruto. No one does.

.....what if he hit sasuke in the face? He needed to pretend he wanted his eyes. He's not just going to incinerate him.

Because Itachi chose for it to happen. Never did he try to outright kill sasuke.

Why exactly would he be unable to hit them? Amaterasu pops up almost directly on to it's target. Sage Mode Naruto while fast, wasn't faster than his imperfect Kyubi armor version. It's just not hard to see Sasuke starting the attack, Naruto wondering whats going on, and then amaterasu just hit pa. Or ma. Either or. Then spreads to Naruto.

Sasuke isn't the brightest lad. He's pretty reckless with flames. Sometimes to his benefit. He could cause Susanoo to catch flame also.

socool8520
.....what if he hit sasuke in the face? He needed to pretend he wanted his eyes. He's not just going to incinerate him.

Because Itachi chose for it to happen. Never did he try to outright kill sasuke.

Why exactly would he be unable to hit them? Amaterasu pops up almost directly on to it's target. Sage Mode Naruto while fast, wasn't faster than his imperfect Kyubi armor version. It's just not hard to see Sasuke starting the attack, Naruto wondering whats going on, and then amaterasu just hit pa. Or ma. Either or. Then spreads to Naruto.

Sasuke isn't the brightest lad. He's pretty reckless with flames. Sometimes to his benefit. He could cause Susanoo to catch flame also.

This reminds me of a Dumb and Dumber line. lol I'm sure Itachi's skill skill would ensure that didn't happen. It was just the speed of Sasuke that allowed his escape. Which is slower than Sage mode Naruto.

Your key word is almost. Almost is not good enough for someone of Naruto's speed. Even if he is slower than his imperfect Kyuubi mode. He was still faster than the third in sage mode, which in turn, is faster than Sasuke. Besides, it's not like Naruto is unfamiliar with amaterasu. He has seen a superior Uchiha use it on occasion. Susan'o Amaterasu matters little. Naruto doesn't have to touch susan'o to spam it with big ball rasengans. Susan'o isn't going to handle attacks that were able to injure Kurama.

Damborgson
This reminds me of a Dumb and Dumber line. lol I'm sure Itachi's skill skill would ensure that didn't happen. It was just the speed of Sasuke that allowed his escape. Which is slower than Sage mode Naruto.

Your key word is almost. Almost is not good enough for someone of Naruto's speed. Even if he is slower than his imperfect Kyuubi mode. He was still faster than the third in sage mode, which in turn, is faster than Sasuke. Besides, it's not like Naruto is unfamiliar with amaterasu. He has seen a superior Uchiha use it on occasion. Susan'o Amaterasu matters little. Naruto doesn't have to touch susan'o to spam it with big ball rasengans. Susan'o isn't going to handle attacks that were able to injure Kurama.

oh yeah ".....what if he had shot him in the face...?'' "yeah what if he had shot me in the face?" laughing out loud

With Sasuke moving like he was it's no guarantee. And Itachi wouldn't have wanted to take the chance of actually killing him. Which he would have had he wanted to.

Sasuke's no slouch in speed though. He has teleportation jutsu iirc.

How was he faster than third raikage? iirc he was only faste than him in imperfect Kyubii mode. And barely at that.

....you mean when he saw it in the toads stomach lol? Seeing black flames doesn't give him a familiarity with the jutsu. Same goes for the black flames that were burning after Sasuke and Itachi went at it. It's like trying to say Sasuke is familiar with wind rasengan because he saw the crater.

Unless there is someone else?

That is true. If Naruto does a taju kage bunshin then spams rasengan Susanoo most likely wont hold up. Sasuke will need to light his face on fire before that happens. big grin

socool8520
oh yeah ".....what if he had shot him in the face...?'' "yeah what if he had shot me in the face?" laughing out loud

"It was a chance we were willing to take." lol

How was he faster than third raikage? iirc he was only faste than him in imperfect Kyubii mode. And barely at that.
Naruto was able to dodge the third's lightning punch and the hit him in the arm with a rasengan immediately after to cause the third to injure himself. I'd say that's on par.

....you mean when he saw it in the toads stomach lol? Seeing black flames doesn't give him a familiarity with the jutsu. Same goes for the black flames that were burning after Sasuke and Itachi went at it. It's like trying to say Sasuke is familiar with wind rasengan because he saw the crater.

He has seen Itachi use it Nagato. Directly.

That is true. If Naruto does a taju kage bunshin then spams rasengan Susanoo most likely wont hold up. Sasuke will need to light his face on fire before that happens. big grin

Yeah, he would have to be fast enough to do so, and then fast enough to get all the clones as well.

Damborgson
"It was a chance we were willing to take." lol

Naruto was able to dodge the third's lightning punch and the hit him in the arm with a rasengan immediately after to cause the third to injure himself. I'd say that's on par.

He has seen Itachi use it Nagato. Directly.

Yeah, he would have to be fast enough to do so, and then fast enough to get all the clones as well.

Ah you're right. Yes, I had forgotten about that.

You are correct about that as well. I've been bad at keeping up with the manga it looks like. embarrasment

that said Sasuke has more options: If indeed Naruto manages to dodge the amaterasu, which he will constantly have to be doing as Sasuke is reckless with it, the flames that spread will set up Kirin for sasuke. When he drops that, it really will be the end.

Sasuke might collapse or be in bad shape but he should be able to end it. Either from the initial, stand off by catching Naruto's eye, and following with a quick amaterasu, keeping naruto off balance with arrows from his susanoo and placing Amaterasu on him while he's in the air, or holding out enough for Kirin to be ready.

My vote stays with Sasuke.

socool8520
that said Sasuke has more options: If indeed Naruto manages to dodge the amaterasu, which he will constantly have to be doing as Sasuke is reckless with it, the flames that spread will set up Kirin for sasuke. When he drops that, it really will be the end.

Again, My vote is on Naruto's Stamina>Sasuke's chakra reserves. especially since he has to keep Susan'o up at all times or this battle is over.

Sasuke might collapse or be in bad shape but he should be able to end it. Either from the initial, stand off by catching Naruto's eye, and following with a quick amaterasu, keeping naruto off balance with arrows from his susanoo and placing Amaterasu on him while he's in the air, or holding out enough for Kirin to be ready.

Who says it will be naruto's eye he catches? He has clones that he can have move around first. sasuke can't look around in all directions at once. Also, if he does catch one of the clones with the flames, won't they go out once they consume it? then he has to use amaterasu again. Again I go with Naruto's chakra reserves/stamina>Sasuke's. Plus if he just puts Amaterasu all around him, he won't be able to see anything, and then catches wind rasenshurikens to the face. I don't think Sasuke's susan'o is tanking those multiple times. Itachi's probably, since he is Itachi. But not Sasuke.

My vote stays with Sasuke.

To each his own. lol

thanos-prime
Naruto

Damborgson
Again, My vote is on Naruto's Stamina>Sasuke's chakra reserves. especially since he has to keep Susan'o up at all times or this battle is over.

Who says it will be naruto's eye he catches? He has clones that he can have move around first. sasuke can't look around in all directions at once. Also, if he does catch one of the clones with the flames, won't they go out once they consume it? then he has to use amaterasu again. Again I go with Naruto's chakra reserves/stamina>Sasuke's. Plus if he just puts Amaterasu all around him, he won't be able to see anything, and then catches wind rasenshurikens to the face. I don't think Sasuke's susan'o is tanking those multiple times. Itachi's probably, since he is Itachi. But not Sasuke.

To each his own. lol

Naruto's sage mode doesn't last long either tbh. A few heavy attacks and he was out against pain. If he has reserves in place then his amount of shadow clones becomes very limited.

From the initial head to head meeting? Does Naruto get to enter the fight a clone? Sasuke would need to catch him in the beginning of the fight.

I'm not talking about Clones. The landscape would light on fire and give power to charge his Kirin.

If the Sharingan can't see for some reason then Naruto can't see either. Sasuke would see Naruto just fine.

And to be fair to Sasuke, he isn't slow. His sharingan lets him keep up with A pretty well.

socool8520
Naruto's sage mode doesn't last long either tbh. A few heavy attacks and he was out against pain. If he has reserves in place then his amount of shadow clones becomes very limited.

From the initial head to head meeting? Does Naruto get to enter the fight a clone? Sasuke would need to catch him in the beginning of the fight.

I'm not talking about Clones. The landscape would light on fire and give power to charge his Kirin.

If the Sharingan can't see for some reason then Naruto can't see either. Sasuke would see Naruto just fine.

And to be fair to Sasuke, he isn't slow. His sharingan lets him keep up with A pretty well.

naruto has gotten way more efficient with Sage mode. he didn't say he couldn't spam clones, he just didn't want to use more than necessary.
he doesn't have clones out the gate, but sasuke doesn't to get automatically have Amaterasu ready to go either. plus, when has Sasuke ever surrounded the whole entire area? He would die from exhaustion even attempting it.
Also, that Kirin technique was with the help of Itachi's Amaterasu, which actually did ignite the area. Also, he needed the chakra from the seal to even hang long enough to do Kirin. he doesn't have that now.

Damborgson
naruto has gotten way more efficient with Sage mode. he didn't say he couldn't spam clones, he just didn't want to use more than necessary.
he doesn't have clones out the gate, but sasuke doesn't to get automatically have Amaterasu ready to go either. plus, when has Sasuke ever surrounded the whole entire area? He would die from exhaustion even attempting it.
Also, that Kirin technique was with the help of Itachi's Amaterasu, which actually did ignite the area. Also, he needed the chakra from the seal to even hang long enough to do Kirin. he doesn't have that now.

he said if he used to many clones that the ones gathering senjutusu would get confused. So he couldnt use many against Pain.

Not amaterasu, but eye contact genjutsu is hardly unbelievable that he'd do.

He doesn't have to. Only he can extinguish Amaterasu and it will just contiune to spread.

Yes and now Sasuke has amaterasu. No reason he can't do it. Amaterasu would keep spreading until it had the same effect. It wouldn't take long.

Sasuke needed it to hang against Itachi yes, but not to do Kirin. Kirin costs no Chakra. Sasuke was out by the time he used it as said by Itachi.

socool8520
he said if he used to many clones that the ones gathering senjutusu would get confused. So he couldnt use many against Pain.

Yes but even with 5 at a time, it will be hard for him to handle.

He doesn't have to. Only he can extinguish Amaterasu and it will just contiune to spread.

Amaterasu does not spread like wildfire. the Sasuke/Itachi fight lasted awhile and stuck mostly to the trees as I recall. A's arm was burning forever before he chopped it off. It may burn everything, but it seems to take longer than normal fire. Plus, Sasuke has never been seen to spam it like Itachi could.

Yes and now Sasuke has amaterasu. No reason he can't do it. Amaterasu would keep spreading until it had the same effect. It wouldn't take long.
It doesn't seem to spread fast, and Sasuke hasn't shown that he can cover a wide area with it. Plus, he is gonna be using up a lot of chakra for a last resort move.

Sasuke needed it to hang against Itachi yes, but not to do Kirin. Kirin costs no Chakra. Sasuke was out by the time he used it as said by Itachi.

You're right it doesn't. But he had to have Itachi's spamming of Amaterasu plus a few huge fireballs to even start the tech. Sasuke would be out of chakra before he could do that himself. He blew a couple fireballs, did a little taijutsu and a few chidoris and he was done. not to mention he has to do all of this while fending off Naruto's attacks.

Damborgson
Yes but even with 5 at a time, it will be hard for him to handle.

Amaterasu does not spread like wildfire. the Sasuke/Itachi fight lasted awhile and stuck mostly to the trees as I recall. A's arm was burning forever before he chopped it off. It may burn everything, but it seems to take longer than normal fire. Plus, Sasuke has never been seen to spam it like Itachi could.

It doesn't seem to spread fast, and Sasuke hasn't shown that he can cover a wide area with it. Plus, he is gonna be using up a lot of chakra for a last resort move.

You're right it doesn't. But he had to have Itachi's spamming of Amaterasu plus a few huge fireballs to even start the tech. Sasuke would be out of chakra before he could do that himself. He blew a couple fireballs, did a little taijutsu and a few chidoris and he was done. not to mention he has to do all of this while fending off Naruto's attacks.

It will.

That really seemed like PIS to me. Did you see how fast it spread against B? It was spreading quickly even in water.

He can spam it pretty well. Used it twice against Raikage, several short bursts against Gaara, and he had a mini susanoo up during this and managed to make a skeletal one after also. He's pretty good when he's all crazy and hating everything.

He did seem to go quick but the curse mark goes both ways. It amps the wielder but drains him pretty well after the use iirc. And he did use it pretty heavily.

socool8520
How can it be PIS? The fire on A's arm also burned forever before he finally cut it off. It's inconsistent if anything.

I don't really call that spamming. At least not to a great degree.

Yeah, and he no longer has that so that one major source of chakra gone. Also I don't know what "iirc" means

ichigo12
And I dont know what PIS means

TheAuraAngel
And I dont know what PIS means

PIS stands for Plot Induced Stupidity. It's when something really stupid happens when the plot needs it to happen. I'm blanking on a good example of that.

CIS is Character Induced Stupidity. It's when a character does something really stupid because the plot needs them to do it. I.e, Kakuzu is able to think ahead and prepare for strategies from Shikamaru but is unable to keep track of the clones that formed in front of his eyes.

At least, that's how I see it.

ichigo12
Ohh xD thanks :P

Damborgson
How can it be PIS? The fire on A's arm also burned forever before he finally cut it off. It's inconsistent if anything.

I don't really call that spamming. At least not to a great degree.

Yeah, and he no longer has that so that one major source of chakra gone. Also I don't know what "iirc" means

Because of how fast it burnt on B. And in the forest, and it burned through Jiriya's toad stomach trap very quickly also.

Difference in opinion i guess.

He hasn't needed it so far in order to use Amaterasu effectively though.

iirc means if i remember correctly. at least the way I'm using it lol.

socool8520
Because of how fast it burnt on B. And in the forest, and it burned through Jiriya's toad stomach trap very quickly also.

Difference in opinion i guess.

He hasn't needed it so far in order to use Amaterasu effectively though.

iirc means if i remember correctly. at least the way I'm using it lol.

I don't remeber it burning quickly on B. I remember it spreading relatively fast I guess, but It didn't consume him. It did the same thing it did in the A fight, it simply stayed burning.

Effect Veiler
This is a stomp.

Sasuke can easily put Naruto and the fox in a genjutsu.

If there was no PIS in the manga Sasuke would literally win this fight by just looking at them.

Samurai100
Naruto can use Kurama to break out of a Genjutsu, like Bee did

Effect Veiler
Originally posted by Samurai100
Naruto can use Kurama to break out of a Genjutsu, like Bee did
Then Sasuke enters Naruto's mind suppresses Kurama like he did in the beginning of Shippuden.

Literally, one look.

Even without the Genjutsu he has Susanoo which shits on all the tailed beasts.

Nephthys
If it was that easy then why hasn't Tobi, a superior Sharingan user to Sasuke and someone who has shown control over Kurama in the past, done that yet?

Clearly a Bijuu that has been mastered is not susceptible to that.

Effect Veiler
9-tails even confirmed the fact that Sasuke's chakra was so much greater than his own before he suppressed him.

And Sasuke has grown so much more powerful since then. He probably doesn't even need to just his Sharingan to defeat Naruto at this point.

Effect Veiler
Originally posted by Nephthys
If it was that easy then why hasn't Tobi, a superior Sharingan user to Sasuke
How is Tobi a superior user? He doesn't even have the Mangekyo. And we don't even know if he's Uchiha to begin with.

Originally posted by Nephthys Clearly a Bijuu that has been mastered is not susceptible to that.
If all fails then Sasuke can still one-shot Naruto with the Amaterasu like he did with Bee.

Nephthys
He says Sasukes chakra is more 'sinister' than his own, not greater. Bullshit does Sasuke have more chakra than a friggin Bijuu.

And Naruto is blowing up mountains at this point in the manga and fighting 5 Bijuu at once. Bullshit is Sasuke pwning him without the Sharingan.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Effect Veiler
How is Tobi a superior user? He doesn't even have the Mangekyo. And we don't even know if he's Uchiha to begin with.

If all fails then Sasuke can still one-shot Naruto with the Amaterasu like he did with Bee.

He's shown more skill with it than Sasuke, extinquishing Itachi's Amaratsu without much effort, controlling the 4th Mizukage for a long period of time, genjutsu'ed Fu and Torune, forcing Konan to spill the beans about the Rinnengans hiding place, he's able to use Izanagi and he's able to control the Kyuubi.

You mean when Bee played Sasuke for a fool and got away? Yeah, I agree, that's how its going to go.

Effect Veiler
He says Sasukes chakra is more 'sinister' than his own, not greater.
Greater or sinister what does it matter? The context clearly proves that Sasuke is more powerful.

And Naruto is blowing up mountains at this point in the manga and fighting 5 Bijuu at once. Bullshit is Sasuke pwning him without the Sharingan.
Sasuke blew up a mountain too, with lightning.

Nephthys
Greater or sinister what does it matter? The context clearly proves that Sasuke is more powerful.

No it doesn't. Being more sinister isn't even close to being the same thing as being greater. Kurama was still shackled in his cage at that point. No wonder Sasuke could suppress him while he's already being surpressed, lol.

That wasn't his own power. He needs time to set it up. Besides it was more of a hill. If it was really that powerful then it would have hit Sasuke as well.; He wasn't exactly far away from Itachi at that point considering they could still speak to each other. Naruto just Bijuu Balled a mountain to pieces. GG Sasuke.

Effect Veiler
No it doesn't. Being more sinister isn't even close to being the same thing as being greater. Kurama was still shackled in his cage at that point. No wonder Sasuke could suppress him while he's already being surpressed, lol.
Why do you ignore the context?

When someone says that another skater has wicked skills, do you also think he means he's evil?

That wasn't his own power. He needs time to set it up. Besides it was more of a hill. If it was really that powerful then it would have hit Sasuke as well.; He wasn't exactly far away from Itachi at that point considering they could still speak to each other. Naruto just Bijuu Balled a mountain to pieces. GG Sasuke.
No it was a mountain, the Uchiha temple was located on a mountain, read the Databook, and that was when Sasuke was still shit-tier.

But I'm glad that you concede in that Sasuke doesn't have to use his Sharingan to put up a fight.

Nephthys
Why do you ignore the context?

When someone says that another skater has wicked skills, do you also think he means he's evil?

You believe that Kurama was using slang? Slang through the translation? Lol, why don't you prove that saying something is 'sinister' in Japanese means that its overwhelmingly powerful/greater.

All he said was that Sasuke has scary eyes and chakra. That doesn't make Sasuke have more power than a Bijuu.

No it was a mountain, the Uchiha temple was located on a mountain, read the Databook, and that was when Sasuke was still shit-tier.

But I'm glad that you concede in that Sasuke doesn't have to use his Sharingan to put up a fight.

Either way the technique is inefficient considering you have to create storm clouds to do it. Sasuke won'#t have time to set it up before Naruto obliterates him. Even if he does, Naruto can likely clear the sky with a bijuu ball anyway.

No, I just think that Sharingan will be useless anyway. But if you're willing to argue without Sharingan, that works for me too.

socool8520

What you mean after getting shit stomped and healed from near death like twice? good call. That's probably what would happen in this situation as well, and it would probably only be one of Naruto's clones that takes the hit.

socool8520
Then Sasuke enters Naruto's mind suppresses Kurama like he did in the beginning of Shippuden.

Literally, one look.

Even without the Genjutsu he has Susanoo which shits on all the tailed beasts.

He suppressed a small portion of kurama's chakra, big difference. Not happening now.

genjutsu was rendered ineffective with bee/8 tails combo

Susano'o has defeated a bijuu when? Hell even Madara has stated that his FAPS is only on the level of a bijuu. Madara's FAPS>Sasuke's Susano'o

socool8520

Uhhh...No it doesn't. He meant as evil chakra, you know, like pretty much everyone else who has ever commented on Sasuke's chakra. I think you're reaching at this point.

Kirin has a ridiculous prep time unless you're going to say this fight happens in a thunderstorm. Naruto would have already ended Sasuke by the time he sets this up.

Damborgson
I don't remeber it burning quickly on B. I remember it spreading relatively fast I guess, but It didn't consume him. It did the same thing it did in the A fight, it simply stayed burning.

well this is how it started: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v45/c415/2.html

and how it ended up: http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v45/c415/8.html

socool8520
I can't view those images at work, but iirc it pretty much covered a tentacle. If it were quick burning, it would have done a lot more damage. Same with Karin. It basically just burned her back. More often than not, Amaterasu seems to be a slow burning flame.

Damborgson
ok look at them when you get back from work so you can see he was basically entirely consumed by the end of the ordeal. Karin only had it for a few second though and it was slowly growing before Sasuke put it out.

socool8520
^ I found a site that would let me view the scans you're probably referring to. Again, I still only see his front tentacles and then it spread to his face. most of his body was in the water from what I could tell. the constant flailing probably helped spread it as well. By the end of the chapter when he was fully consumed, it appeared he was shrinking as he was in human form when the flames were extinguished.

Karin had amaterasu on her for a decent amount of time. It was shortly after Sasukse blazed Bee until not too soon before he extinguished the flames from Bee. The only real difference is she wasn't flailing so it really didn't do much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.