Kenshiro vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Would his pressure point magic even work on Wolverine?

And if it did, would he simply heal up from it?

Parmaniac
I don't see why it shouldn't, that shit literally blows people up, he would heal yes but it would take him down for a moment everytime and after enough repeats probably knock him out.

Not neccessarily saying Wolverine looses though.

Dum Dum Dugan
In marvel pressure points have no been very effective against Wolverine. Not sure about magical ones though.

But killing pressure points had little impact upon Wolverine when he was poisoned and in a weaken state. They also were completely ineffective when he fought echo ect.

carver9
As much as I like Wolverine as a character...my fave, always defend him but this fight...he gets killed in a second, might be shorter than that. Kenshiro has punched someone a hundred times per second and they didn't even see what happened after he was done.

Wolverine explodes from the inside out. Ken is at least high meta to low Herald.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
As much as I like Wolverine as a character...my fave, always defend him but this fight...he gets killed in a second, might be shorter than that. Kenshiro has punched someone a hundred times per second and they didn't even see what happened after he was done.

Wolverine explodes from the inside out. Ken is at least high meta to low Herald.

I thought he couldn't be killed, though.

Or is it considered PIS that he healed right up after Nitro nuked him?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by cdtm

Or is it considered PIS that he healed right up after Nitro nuked him? By on panel showings no, he did this shit often enough, by marvel bio though he dies by loss of vital organs laughing out loud

carver9

Or is it considered PIS that he healed right up after Nitro nuked him?

Figure of speech. He won't die but he WILL be koed. Kenshiro has pulled flash like fts regarding his reflexes.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
In marvel pressure points have no been very effective against Wolverine. Not sure about magical ones though.

But killing pressure points had little impact upon Wolverine when he was poisoned and in a weaken state. They also were completely ineffective when he fought echo ect. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/kenshiro-versus-tank-01.gif

hakuto no logic

Dum Dum Dugan
lol.

You know who i first enter this thread I thought this was for kension teh samurai. but was veyr much disappointed.

StyleTime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/kenshiro-versus-tank-01.gif

hakuto no logic

Wha..... what the hell was that?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by StyleTime
Wha..... what the hell was that?

Ken punching a tank. Ken wins regardless if he can manipulate his pressure points or not. Stronger, faster, more skilled.

JakeTheBank
Wolverine dies.

carver9
I would give Wolverine the majority against most bricks but Kenshiro is Wolverines Kryptonite. He possess every advantage to make this a stomp in his favor.

iceman24567
Why? Wolverine would get worked and no Kenshiro isn't low hearald level carver erm

cdtm
Originally posted by iceman24567
Why? Wolverine would get worked and no Kenshiro isn't low hearald level carver erm

He's kind of like animes answer to Val Armorr or Mantis..

Put him against a high level energy manipulator or someone with versatility, and he might have problems, but he should be able to fight outside his weight class as long as he's able to trigger pressure points. (I'm wondering if this means characters Hulk would normally wipe the floor with would do better against Ken than he would, because of the nature of their durability. E.g., Hulks skin tends to be easier to penetrate than, say, Colossus's, even though Colossus can't really hold up against Hulk in a brawl..)

And he is fairly bricky, given he's had a skyscraper fall on top of his head once and just kept on walking, and displayed at least class 100 level strength..

asdf83
Wolverine is way outclassed in strength, speed, skill, and destructive capability. Wolverine will probably survive but it'll take a while for his exploded body to regenerate.

Wei Phoenix
The skyscraper is a noncanon feat, although he has plenty of durability feats out there. Kenshiro doesn't need pressure points to beat someone, especially Wolverine who is NOT out of his weight class.

cdtm
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
The skyscraper is a noncanon feat, although he has plenty of durability feats out there. Kenshiro doesn't need pressure points to beat someone, especially Wolverine who is NOT out of his weight class.

Well, the giant he fought in the manga for a canon example of his durability, than. And that was early in it, too..

Probably not his best example, but just one off the top of my head.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah he has plenty of them, Wolverine isn't touching Ken unless he wants to know how strong Wolverine is.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank Wolverine dies.

carver9
Has Ken displayed taking class 100 punches?

Wei Phoenix
Has Ken displayed taking class 100 punches?

Raoh, Kaioh, Souther, Hyoh and Han along with many others says "Hello"

carver9
I'm asking for a reason because with his speed and reflexes, along with martial arts skill and strength...he could be a potential threat to high class opponents. I can't think of a meta (minus people with telepathic abilities) taking Ken in a fight.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 I'm asking for a reason because with his speed and reflexes, along with martial arts skill and strength...he could be a potential threat to high class opponents. I can't think of a meta (minus people with telepathic abilities) taking Ken in a fight.

the olnly western ma id give odds over ken is val aka karate kid. hes done similar things and has faced class 100 before.

cdtm
Originally posted by Prep-Man
the olnly western ma id give odds over ken is val aka karate kid. hes done similar things and has faced class 100 before.

Same here.

But I'm not sure what Val could possibly do against Muso Tensei.

abhilegend
^Don't underestimate "super-karate".

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend
^Don't underestimate "super-karate".

I don't think his super karate ever let him hit an intangible being, though.

That's basically what Muso Tensei is, letting attacks pass right through him while still letting him land attacks.

Mindset
Danny would fist Kenshiro.

Fist him right up his poop hole.

the Darkone
Kenshiro would annihilate Logan or any other street level character period, beside PC karate kid I don't see anybody that can f**k with ken. Kenshiro would figure out Logan and adapt on a fly and crush him, if this was Raoh or Toki kiss logan a$$ good bye.

Wei Phoenix
I don't think his super karate ever let him hit an intangible being, though.

That's basically what Muso Tensei is, letting attacks pass right through him while still letting him land attacks.

Well to be fair and honest MT was never fully explained. In one instance he was seen being punched by Raoh and then MTing to the other side. If this was just something Raoh thought or what actually happened I'm not sure. It's a counter move, he can't or has never been shown just sitting their intangible. Also I don't recall him ever attacking while using the move, only attacking while coming out o it. Not saying that you're wrong but just wondering if you can recall an instance where he hit someone while intangible.

Originally posted by Mindset
Danny would fist Kenshiro.

Fist him right up his poop hole.

Don't become my enemy.

Mindset
I'm not your enemy, facts are.

Prep-Man
Well to be fair and honest MT was never fully explained. In one instance he was seen being punched by Raoh and then MTing to the other side. If this was just something Raoh thought or what actually happened I'm not sure. It's a counter move, he can't or has never been shown just sitting their intangible. Also I don't recall him ever attacking while using the move, only attacking while coming out o it. Not saying that you're wrong but just wondering if you can recall an instance where he hit someone while intangible.

Don't become my enemy.

Do you have a video of the technique? Sounds cool.

Wei Phoenix
Do you have a video of the technique? Sounds cool.

Here's one scene from one of the Raoh Gaidens and it is basically a retelling of part of the HNK story. It's more recently done, shorter and to the point. If you want the original scene from the old anime then I can supply that as well

oFG61_T-J14

Prep-Man
Here's one scene from one of the Raoh Gaidens and it is basically a retelling of part of the HNK story. It's more recently done, shorter and to the point. If you want the original scene from the old anime then I can supply that as well

oFG61_T-J14

That was beastly! Ken is tha man.

Wei Phoenix
I'm trying to find the video where he fully mastered it by combining it with the Hokuto Sokei teachings and basically fought while in a coma.

Ken is pretty versatile and powerful.

Suieishin allows him to replicates his opponent's moves and style perfectly.

He can utilize 100% of his body's potential.

Prep-Man
Dang, I need to find the anime. I only saw the old anime movie or whatever that was in the 80's. Val is a better hth than Ken, but Ken has everything else in spades. I'll go with Kenshiro vs any western MA. Any day of the week.

Wei Phoenix
Youtube things like Kenshiro Den

You can watch the Dens for a faster and direct understanding of the story but you'll miss quite a bit and a few characters. I'm not sure how canon they are, but they are made by the original creators. In a way it's like Dragonball Kai.

This is the start to the Kenshiro Den and is where I would suggest starting, it tells how he gets the motivation and drive to become the savior of the land after his first defeat. If you want to know about what happened before this then just search Kenshiro vs Shin first fight.

xcIoJGQ1gv4

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
Danny would fist Kenshiro. http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/kenabouttopounce.gif

carver9
Does anyone have that scene where an enemy of Ken punched a guy so hard that it blows a hole through him and the force of the punch destroys some skyscraper building behind the guy that he punched.?

cdtm
Wei, what do you think of using the Gaiden manga for feats? Like using Jagi Gaiden to prove they can take nukes, for example?

Technically, I guess they're canon, even though they're by different writers.

Wei Phoenix
Does anyone have that scene where an enemy of Ken punched a guy so hard that it blows a hole through him and the force of the punch destroys some skyscraper building behind the guy that he punched.?

No and if that happened in the movie, which I didn't see it's abosolutely noncanon.

Wei, what do you think of using the Gaiden manga for feats? Like using Jagi Gaiden to prove they can take nukes, for example?

Technically, I guess they're canon, even though they're by different writers.

I tend to mention the gaidens carefully and loosely. I don't like to base stances and arguments on them unless the scene plays out at least almost exactly like the original anime/manga.

That being said I didn't read the Jagi Gaiden and if he or anyone took a nuke then it's bad writing in my opinion unless it's like how it happened in the Toki Den.

Toki sacrificed himself since there was no more room in the fallout shelter and stayed outside in that little tunnel place. The world and everything was nuked but the bomb wasn't directly on him and I don't think any of the explosive force came his way. He simply stayed there for either days or weeks (Don't remember off the top of my head) without food or water due to his training and everything.

I also believe the gaidens are written by the original writers. Buronson Hara.

carver9
No and if that happened in the movie, which I didn't see it's abosolutely noncanon.

I tend to mention the gaidens carefully and loosely. I don't like to base stances and arguments on them unless the scene plays out at least almost exactly like the original anime/manga.

That being said I didn't read the Jagi Gaiden and if he or anyone took a nuke then it's bad writing in my opinion unless it's like how it happened in the Toki Den.

Toki sacrificed himself since there was no more room in the fallout shelter and stayed outside in that little tunnel place. The world and everything was nuked but the bomb wasn't directly on him and I don't think any of the explosive force came his way. He simply stayed there for either days or weeks (Don't remember off the top of my head) without food or water due to his training and everything.

I also believe the gaidens are written by the original writers. Buronson Hara.

It happened in the show...the newer shows. I'll try to find it.

Wei Phoenix
Do you mean one of the gaidens?

godking
Would his pressure point magic even work on Wolverine?

And if it did, would he simply heal up from it? Wolverine healing factor and adamantium bones are the only thing that will keep him alive in a fight with kenshiro.

Top tier of Kenshiros world Kenshiro Raoh Toki Souther >>>>>> Wolverine.

Wolverine would have problems getting past Jagi and some of the stronger minion characters in hokuto no ken.

Wei Phoenix
Meh, I'd actually give him the win over Jagi, Yuda, Shin, possibly Rei and Shuu. The only Nanto master I see honestly beating him is Souther and even then I could see Wolverine taking a win or two when given CIS.

Prep-Man
Meh, I'd actually give him the win over Jagi, Yuda, Shin, possibly Rei and Shuu. The only Nanto master I see honestly beating him is Souther and even then I could see Wolverine taking a win or two when given CIS.

Which other Fist characters are in Kenshiro's league?

Wei Phoenix
At the end of the series no one else was in his league, but times when he was actually challenged and had to actually try were Souther, Shin, Amiba, Raoh, Kaioh, Hyoh, Han (one of my favorite fights)

If his brother Toki was healthy then he would've outshined and outclassed both Raoh and Kenshiro.

carver9
Do you mean one of the gaidens?

Can't remember...it happened during the newer episodes. I think its episode 1 or 2. I suck at using YouTube but I am going to find it.

Wei Phoenix
When you say episodes it makes me think of HNK2 when he was going to Shura. Does the animation look like 90s animation?

Parmaniac
At the end of the series no one else was in his league Like in every anime

carver9

oFG61_T-J14

These are the newer ones right? It had this art. A friend of mine showed it to me but I don't think Ken was introduced until later on during the show.

Wei Phoenix
If you say it was done with this art style and Ken wasn't introduced until later then I honestly have no idea which one you're talking about, the only gaidens that were animated were Kenshiro, Toki, Yuria and the two Raoh dens and Kenshiro appeared fairly early in all of them I believe. The only time I recall him destroying anything by putting a hole through someone was when he used Tenha Kassatsu on Souther and that barely destroyed a little piece of the pyramid. Any idea who he did it to? Was the guy blonde, red hair, was is a grunt or prominent antagonist?

psycho gundam
gKXWyGQcFO0

Wei Phoenix
gKXWyGQcFO0

MMMMMMM....DAT PHOENIX FIST!

cdtm

Rei's underrated, because of how Raoh dismantled him.

But I wonder if he'd do better against Souther than Ken did, given Southers trick won't matter against a style that doesn't use pressure points, but instead tears apart the body.

cdtm
Which other Fist characters are in Kenshiro's league?

Raoh is pretty much it, considering he's really the only character that fought him on a level playing field.

Souther had a mutation that made his pressure points reversed on his body working in his favor, and Kaioh used some kind of demonic aura that messed with Ken's ability to target pressure points and keep his balance to gain an advantage, which Ken learned to overcome.

Toki "might" have been above both Ken and Raoh when he was healthy.

The main character of Fist of the Blue Sky, Kasumi Kenshiro might also be on Ken's level, but it's difficult to say. Kasumi never lost a fight, and he also fought someone who's pressure points were in different places and figured out how to counter that technique quickly, but this is because Kasumi claimed there's certain pressure points that can't be moved through technique. Souther is probably different, in that his pressure points were moved through mutation, so I'm guessing all of his pressure point areas were different..

Wei Phoenix
Rei's underrated, because of how Raoh dismantled him.

But I wonder if he'd do better against Souther than Ken did, given Southers trick won't matter against a style that doesn't use pressure points, but instead tears apart the body.

Rei's not underrated in my books. Fact is that he's still far below Ken skill and strength wise.

No Nanto master could face or even beat Souther. Souther star was the Command Star and he was destined and set to rule over all of them. He was the strongest of the Nanto Roku Sei.

My personal ranking of the top masters from strongest to weakest

Souther
Shuu
Rei
Shin
Yuda.

cdtm
Even considering his advantage, I guess Souther did finish off Ken quickly.

Wei Phoenix
In their first fight Souther was cocky and only toyed with him because Ken didn't know of his secret. If Ken knew from the start and Souther didn't know he knew then he would've died. If Ken knew at the start and Souther knew he knew then he would've taken that battle much more seriously. Souther's the man and really took it to him though and even resisted the effects of Hokuto Shinken after having his pressure points hit.

cdtm
Yeah, Souther is awesome. ^_^

Anyways, personally, I think Wolverines overmatched even by characters like Rei, unless we're talking about a Wolverine that could tank Hulk shots and heal up instantly from having his entire body incinerated.

Danny Rand is more than a match for Wolverine, and imo Iron Fist would lose to Kenshiro in an instant, so anyone that even makes him work up a sweat should be a challenge for a mid tier character (Mid tier occupied by the likes of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spidey..)

Prep-Man
Is FOTNS an ongoing anime or did they stop?>

cdtm
Is FOTNS an ongoing anime or did they stop?>

They finished that up years ago.

Since the 80's.

There's sites that have anime clips online.. I think Crunchyroll and Kumby are a few. At least a few of them should be legal like Hulu, and the ones that aren't..

Well, there's no law against watching a stream. Only against uploading it.

And that's all I'm going to say on the topic. ^_^;

The manga is the one to get if you want purely canon feats, though. The animes that exist are awesome, but remember they have a ton of filler.

godking
Yeah, Souther is awesome. ^_^

Anyways, personally, I think Wolverines overmatched even by characters like Rei, unless we're talking about a Wolverine that could tank Hulk shots and heal up instantly from having his entire body incinerated.

Danny Rand is more than a match for Wolverine, and imo Iron Fist would lose to Kenshiro in an instant, so anyone that even makes him work up a sweat should be a challenge for a mid tier character (Mid tier occupied by the likes of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Spidey..) True Rei could literally spool the flesh from wolverines bones in the first 5 seconds of the fight.

In the world of hokuto no ken wolverines only advantages are his healing factor and his adamantium skeleton. There are plenty of guys who dwarf him on skill strength speed and technique.

psycho gundam
The only real question is if wolverine's healing is fast enough to slow down the damage hakuto no ken delivers, i know Hulk's could ;-)

cdtm
The only real question is if wolverine's healing is fast enough to slow down the damage hakuto no ken delivers, i know Hulk's could ;-)

That's what I'm wondering too...

The manga describes the techniques as transferring ki into the pressure points, and the effects could be instantaneous, or they could happen over time.

I'm guessing with the faster working techniques, Wolverines muscles explode like anyone elses. If Ken tried paralyzing him or using exotic techs, those might fail though...

Kenshiro did have a kind of "dial a power" thing going though.. Basically, he could do anything from making muscles stronger/weaker, to reprogramming someones mind, to making someone tell the truth against their will, to reversing the effects of poison, to regenerating someone from near death to perfect health long enough to finish a fight, and even brought someone back to life by the end of the series (Or appeared to).

The way he pulls stuff out of his rear, I could see him having a tech that stops healing. big grin

psycho gundam
^ he had some crazy abilities that's for sure

battlezone: my sig vs yours

standard tech of coarse wink

animale
Kenhiro wins,I'm pretty sure he can shut down Wolverine's brain pressing his tsubo.

jalek moye
This was a real mismatch

the Darkone
Hokuto No Ken Masters Raoh, Toki, Kenshinro

Nanto Seiken Masters- Sauzer/Souther, Shu,Shin, Rei, Juda/Yuda

These guys^^ would annihilate any street level characters in Marvel and Dc combine, period!

Kenshiro would KO Wolverine with one blow, wolverine HF would be the only thing that will keep Logan from dieing permanently, Gees Raoh and Toki would rape Logan, Sabertooth, Lady death strike Omega Red, Captain America Batman, Deathstoke, Karate Kid so damn fast it wouldn't be fair!!

Sr J-Bieb
Daniel Fistial Rand Fist the First would destroy Ken

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Daniel Fistial Rand Fist the First would destroy Ken

Uh no!, Kenshiro adapts to his fighting style game over!!

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by the Darkone
Uh no!, Kenshiro adapts to his fighting style game over!! Kenshiro adapts to his new life in hell courtesy of a Fist strike

the Darkone
Kenshiro adapts to his new life in hell courtesy of a Fist strike

Kens hits with one blow and seal his fist and erase his memory, permanently!!

Stoic
Wolverine is a beast. He also wins this.

Mindset
Daniel Fistial Rand Fist the First would destroy Ken Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Kenshiro adapts to his new life in hell courtesy of a Fist strike thumb up

psycho gundam
^Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/kenabouttopounce.gif

the Darkone
Originally posted by Stoic
Wolverine is a beast. He also wins this.

Wolverine is a beast, Ken is uber beastly that would beat Logan with inch of his life.

Hokuto No Ken Grand Masters are not too be f**ked with unless you want to explode from the inside out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.