SuperSkrull vs Iron man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
SuperSkrull with FF powers

Ironman Bleeding Edge

Scenario 1: Super Skrull can use internal attacks

Scenario 2: No internal attacks

Stoic
Ironman in both

quanchi112
Superskrull.

WhiteWitchKing
Super skrull crushes him.

zopzop
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Super skrull crushes him.
+1 thumb up

With PIS and CIS off, the Super Skrull can wreck havoc.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Stoic
Ironman in both

Why???

Bouboumaster
Super-Skrull ftw:

Stronger, more powerful, and hell of a lot more vicious

Existere
Yeah, I vote for Super Skrull, but it could go either way.

leonidas
i agree, it could go either way though i'd side with tony more often than not.

JakeTheBank
Iron Man.

abhilegend
Tony.

Existere
Originally posted by leonidas
i agree, it could go either way though i'd side with tony more often than not. Yeah... yeah. Everytime I visualize one winning, I feel like I'm underrating their opponent. I guess I think, for all of Tony's versatility, I see Skrull as being ultimately more powerful. The Four's powers complement each other well, and Kl'rt is packing all of them (and, depending on how you read it, his skrull powers are superior to the FF's original set), plus SS is finally shown using the powers pretty creatively...

Maybe I just like him more.

Blair Wind
Iron Man, IIRC, has tech that prevents internal attacks through the armor - ie: creating an invisible bubble inside his heart, by-passing the armor itself, would not be possible.

So, while SS is more powerful, his number one method of ending the fight quickly is gone. I just see Tony as having far more tricks up his sleeve to leave SS down for the count. We've seen him absorb a Nova blast from the Human Torch, go H2H with the Hulk/Thor before, detect Invisible Woman's powers, and would have shields to be able to contain Reed's physical ability. Together they make SS a powerhouse, but I still don't see it being enough against Tony. Anyone else on Tony's level I would see being decimated, but Tony has too many ways of handling far more powerful individuals.

Personally, I have to give this fight to Tony.

Sundipped
Super Skrull. Especially in scenario 1.

Glorificus
Super Skrull in 1. Not sure about 2.

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Iron Man, IIRC, has tech that prevents internal attacks through the armor - ie: creating an invisible bubble inside his heart, by-passing the armor itself, would not be possible.

So, while SS is more powerful, his number one method of ending the fight quickly is gone. I just see Tony as having far more tricks up his sleeve to leave SS down for the count. We've seen him absorb a Nova blast from the Human Torch, go H2H with the Hulk/Thor before, detect Invisible Woman's powers, and would have shields to be able to contain Reed's physical ability. Together they make SS a powerhouse, but I still don't see it being enough against Tony. Anyone else on Tony's level I would see being decimated, but Tony has too many ways of handling far more powerful individuals.

Personally, I have to give this fight to Tony.

Well then, the scenario 1 is not possible.

Thank you for the post.

Parmaniac

Personally, I have to give this fight to Tony. How would he escape a force bubble? Considering SS force fields are on par with IW he can't break them.

Also when did Tony went into battle against thor and didn't get demolished? Same for Hulk unless he's in a Hulkbuster armor and even then.

Digi
We consider A-game on the forums, so I have to side with Tony in a close one. I feel like if it were written in a comic, SS would win most times.

leonidas
Originally posted by Parmaniac
How would he escape a force bubble? Considering SS force fields are on par with IW he can't break them.

Also when did Tony went into battle against thor and didn't get demolished? Same for Hulk unless he's in a Hulkbuster armor and even then.

tony once absorbed a lightning bolt and was smacking thor around a bit. battle ended inconclusively. always thought that more recent lightning bolt that f'd tony up in his more advanced armor was kinda pis-sy.....

Sr J-Bieb
Quan convinced me that Super Skrull wins

WhiteWitchKing
tony once absorbed a lightning bolt and was smacking thor around a bit. battle ended inconclusively. always thought that more recent lightning bolt that f'd tony up in his more advanced armor was kinda pis-sy.....

super skrull was giving Thor a hard time until he wrapped himself around Thor and got fried. And that skrull was poorly written and still gave Thor trouble most of the fight.

How does IM's armor stop shields that form through hyperspace?

Still I don't see how IM isn't going to get his armor crushed. By skrulls force bubbles. Im migh detect skrulls heat signature while Is invisible but he still isn't going to detect invisible mace coming right at him.

leonidas
super skrull was giving Thor a hard time until he wrapped himself around Thor and got fried. And that skrull was poorly written and still gave Thor trouble most of the fight.

How does IM's armor stop shields that form through hyperspace?

Still I don't see how IM isn't going to get his armor crushed. By skrulls force bubbles. Im migh detect skrulls heat signature while Is invisible but he still isn't going to detect invisible mace coming right at him.

how does the armor stop shields that form through hyperspace? it probably doesn't some of the time. but tony's durability is pretty high. he could easily handle a few shots. heat will only help him. he can always erect shields capable of repelling the helicarriers plasma blasts among other things so i def don't see him getting crushed. sonics are always an option as well. i doubt invisibility would be effective against tony. he just has a large load of tricks to call upon.

ss could win, but i'd still give it to tony more often than not.

WhiteWitchKing
how does the armor stop shields that form through hyperspace? it probably doesn't some of the time. but tony's durability is pretty high. he could easily handle a few shots. heat will only help him. he can always erect shields capable of repelling the helicarriers plasma blasts among other things so i def don't see him getting crushed. sonics are always an option as well. i doubt invisibility would be effective against tony. he just has a large load of tricks to call upon.

ss could win, but i'd still give it to tony more often than not.

I don't see how Tony would survive force bubble's expanded outward and popping him like a balloon. Sonics would take it to SS but he's got shields of his own. This is on top of the fact that Tony still can't see his opponent who can very well just evade the attack by flying out of range. It's more likely SS would hold up against Tony's sonics than Tony would against those force bubbles exploding outwards. Both can give either wins but SS actually has options against sonics while I see none for Tony against those force bubbles. True, flame isn't going to give SS the win here. It's those invisible constructs that put him over IM. I don't think SS' invisible constructs don't have heat that IM can detect. If SS was playing smart, Tony's gonna flying into walls that he can't detect. Also if he plays it right, SS can hypnotize Tony than follow it with a beat down.

leonidas
I don't see how Tony would survive force bubble's expanded outward and popping him like a balloon. Sonics would take it to SS but he's got shields of his own. This is on top of the fact that Tony still can't see his opponent who can very well just evade the attack by flying out of range. It's more likely SS would hold up against Tony's sonics than Tony would against those force bubbles exploding outwards. Both can give either wins but SS actually has options against sonics while I see none for Tony against those force bubbles. True, flame isn't going to give SS the win here. It's those invisible constructs that put him over IM. I don't think SS' invisible constructs don't have heat that IM can detect. If SS was playing smart, Tony's gonna flying into walls that he can't detect. Also if he plays it right, SS can hypnotize Tony than follow it with a beat down.

pretty sure (and bw agrees) that tony has tech to prevent the internal attacks. which is why i give this to him. if NOT then ss wins.

Parmaniac
And what if SS put a bubble around Stark and just shrinks it?

Sin I AM

where is this shown

Newjak
pretty sure (and bw agrees) that tony has tech to prevent the internal attacks. which is why i give this to him. if NOT then ss wins. Iron man has some really good feats against top tiers, but mostly that is due to older feats and the fact I think tony can take people by surprise, but I think, and recent appearances pretty much prove this, is that if a top level being basically doesn't hold back against Tony he gets decimated fairly easily.

Hulk, Rulk, Thor, Grey Gargoyle with Worthy Upgrade they all pretty much let him have it. Yeah he did get the one really good energy sword feat with GG but it didn't actually stop him, and the worthys' durability was suspect at times during that arc.

As for Super Skrull as he appeared in Annihilation I think would win.

In that arc he showed a very good energy absorbtion feats when he destroyed the harvester of sorrows by draining Paxagora's core.

He was shown being able to use his Shields more like GL constructs, like when he stopped a ship from takings off then had the shields pry open the cockpit and pull the guy out.

Considering most of Tony's attacks are energy based, and Tony's armor durability can be suspect at times.

I think this is an up hill battle for Tony personally.

leonidas
Originally posted by Newjak
Iron man has some really good feats against top tiers, but mostly that is due to older feats and the fact I think tony can take people by surprise, but I think, and recent appearances pretty much prove this, is that if a top level being basically doesn't hold back against Tony he gets decimated fairly easily.

Hulk, Rulk, Thor, Grey Gargoyle with Worthy Upgrade they all pretty much let him have it. Yeah he did get the one really good energy sword feat with GG but it didn't actually stop him, and the worthys' durability was suspect at times during that arc.

As for Super Skrull as he appeared in Annihilation I think would win.

In that arc he showed a very good energy absorbtion feats when he destroyed the harvester of sorrows by draining Paxagora's core.

He was shown being able to use his Shields more like GL constructs, like when he stopped a ship from takings off then had the shields pry open the cockpit and pull the guy out.

Considering most of Tony's attacks are energy based, and Tony's armor durability can be suspect at times.

I think this is an up hill battle for Tony personally.

i can agree with most of that. ss is certainly capable of winning. tony's newer armors do have some pretty impressive feats though but i hear what you're saying about some of his showings vs top tiers. still, if you took skrull in a tourney or bz and i had tony, i'd....like my chances. big grin

lilshogun
Super Skrull especially with Susan's powers. Originally posted by eaebiakuya
SuperSkrull with FF powers

Ironman Bleeding Edge

Scenario 1: Super Skrull can use internal attacks

Scenario 2: No internal attacks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.