Zabuza vs Arlong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Big Man
battle takes place on dry land

TheAuraAngel
Arlong has better strength feats and is probably fast enough(not sure) to deal with Zabuza with ease. It helps that the later is not as strong as Luffy by feats.

So yeah, Arlong wins.

Bentley
Aarlong is very strong, and while his fishman karate is lacking, the mist jutsu that makes Zabuza a threat is water based, so Aarlong can use it to bust his already high combat prowess.

Also, Zabuza is an inferior human.

Q99
On the flipside, how is Arlong going to find Zabuza in the mist? It seems like Zabuza could use it to avoid him all day and slice him down cut after cut.

TheAuraAngel
Depends on how deep he can cut. I personally don't see Zabuza cutting him very deeply.

Hmmm....waving Kiribashi every where should be able to snag Zabuza eventually.

Q99
Zabuza's got that really big sword and is pretty strong, I think he could do some significant damage.

Plus, he'd know when Kiribashi is being waved around and avoid it accordingly.

NemeBro
Luffy, even early on, is physically much, much stronger than Zabuza.

Luffy was also faster than Zabuza, being able to intercept bullets after they were fired, slinging from the top of that tower to the ground area to do so. He could also react to cannon balls. Hell, Arlong casually caught one in his mouth.

Yes, Zabuza slashing Arlong might hurt him... But a hit from Arlong will kill Zabuza.

Q99
Yea, but the point is Zabuza's style is all about stealth and being able to hit without the enemy having much chance to strike back.

If it gets to a fair fight, then Arlong wins, but Zabuza may be able to kill him in the fog. Arlong's going to be easy for Zabuza to sense in the mist, and conversely Arlong doesn't have anything to help him.

NemeBro
I actually have doubts about Arlong being hurt that badly by Zabuza, it required his own teeth, which tore through solid steel, to really wound him to any signifigant extent at first.

Thing is, I think that Arlong has the reaction time to snag Zabuza before Zabuza can kill him.

Decent thread though. Pitting Arlong against a weaker opponent, but one whose fighting style can allow him to at least do well.

TheAuraAngel
Actually Luffy using Arlong's teeth didn't really do much damage to him.

Beating the shit out of him did though! ^^

NemeBro
Orly? They didn't?

I am actually really not sure Zabuza can hurt Arlong then. Luffy's strength backed up by sharp teeth harder than steel... Yeah.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Orly? They didn't?

I am actually really not sure Zabuza can hurt Arlong then. Luffy's strength backed up by sharp teeth harder than steel... Yeah.

I didn't know Luffy was known for his jaw strength. He tried to basically bite Arlong to death remember?

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2198-8/one-piece/chapter-91.html

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2198-9/one-piece/chapter-91.html

NemeBro
Luffy's entire body is superhumanly strong to a level Zabuza can't match, why assume that his jaws are particularly weak?

Weaker than Arlong's=/=Weak.

TheAuraAngel
Because Luffy's jaws have unimpressive feats compared to his arms? o.O

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2054-4/one-piece/chapter-10.html

And I was under the impression that Luffy's lolworthy strength came from training with Garp...and I don't really see much of the point in training his jaw for combat.

Err....

http://www.mangareader.net/103-2054-19/one-piece/chapter-10.html

Might be more impressive than I recalled.

NemeBro
Luffy's arms couldn't break that cage either.

... And we see him making progress on the steel bars.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by NemeBro
Luffy's arms couldn't break that cage either.

... And we see him making progress on the steel bars.

Hence the edit you worthless sack of pony shit. uhuh

But yeah...One Piece really confuses me at times. And no, the reason Luffy couldn't get out of that cage at first was being tied up and then not realizing his superhuman strength should have been able to bend the bars.

NemeBro
To be fair, that was also before Arlong Park, where he threw that massive seacow.

TheAuraAngel
Indeed.

****. I enjoy the early arcs of One Piece about as much as I enjoy most early arcs but the power continuity really screws with me sometimes. The part where he got stuck in the concrete was particularly annoying. >_>

Bentley
Originally posted by Q99
On the flipside, how is Arlong going to find Zabuza in the mist? It seems like Zabuza could use it to avoid him all day and slice him down cut after cut.

Zabuza can't really dodge the Arlong misile all day long, is way too destructive and fast for him to just hope his stealth takes the win. Also, he may be unable to hurt Arlong.

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
Zabuza can't really dodge the Arlong misile all day long, is way too destructive and fast for him to just hope his stealth takes the win. Also, he may be unable to hurt Arlong.

Why not? I mean, if he's in the fog he'll generally know where Arlong is and what he's doing, and it'd pretty much be pure chance if he hit. He literally is a Jonin on the basis of his ability to prevent people from knowing where he is and attacking them without giving himself away.

He also does stuff like throw his voice and even do clones to throw Arlong off, so it's chance heavily weighed against Arlong.

'Destructive and fast' only matters on a hit, and Zabuza really could dance around most foes all day without getting hit.

I doubt Zabuza'll be unable to hurt- he'd got a quite respectable strength and a giant sword. Even if his wounds aren't deep, they'll still be wounds.

NemeBro
But the thing is, who is to say Arlong won't react to the hit and proceed to grab Zabuza's sword, or Zabuza? Who is to say the sword won't get stuck? Etc.

Zabuza could last for a little while, but if Arlong gets ahold of him, it would all be over.

TheAuraAngel
Wonder how much damage explosive tags could do? mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.