Why were Magnitto & Xavia middle aged in a specific scene in 'The Last Stand'?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Yes! I know it sounds like a stupid question, but allow me to explain what I mean. In X-men: The Last Stand, we see a bit set in the past when Charles & Eric were friends & they were speaking to Jean A.K.A Fonix, but in the scene, Magnitto A.K.A Eric was probablt good, but het he looked exactly the same as he does in the main trillogy & so does Charles, although he's not in his wheelchair. We see in X-Me: First Class that when Magnitto & Carles were friends, they were young & Charles got a wheelchair at the end of the film. Why do Charles & Eric look middle aged in that scene in the last stand?

The Big O
First Class is a reboot of the film series.

Robtard
Not a reboot, it was a prequel and is linked to X1, 2 and 3.

The Big O
I thought it was a reboot. It certainly seemed that way to me. Not too many things like First Class to XM1, 2 or 3.

Robtard
Not saying it was done superbly or horribly, but it was a prequel and linked to the three X films.

the ninjak
X-men films are so full of holes they just gave up and decided that they'll just whatever they want. The X-men films kill the franchise, such a waste of potential.

The Big O
Originally posted by The Big O
Not too many things like First Class to XM1, 2 or 3. I totally meant "linked."

roughrider
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Yes! I know it sounds like a stupid question, but allow me to explain what I mean. In X-men: The Last Stand, we see a bit set in the past when Charles & Eric were friends & they were speaking to Jean A.K.A Fonix, but in the scene, Magnitto A.K.A Eric was probablt good, but het he looked exactly the same as he does in the main trillogy & so does Charles, although he's not in his wheelchair. We see in X-Me: First Class that when Magnitto & Carles were friends, they were young & Charles got a wheelchair at the end of the film. Why do Charles & Eric look middle aged in that scene in the last stand?

They also used a CG facelift on both Xavier and Lensherr to make them appear twenty years younger. I guess to some it wasn't very convincing.

the ninjak
Originally posted by roughrider
They also used a CG facelift on both Xavier and Lensherr to make them appear twenty years younger. I guess to some it wasn't very convincing.

It was very convincing. That's not his point.

His point was the fact that Xavier and Erik were friends recruiting Jean "before" Xavier became wheelchair bound. Whereas in First Class Xavier became crippled before they chose separate paths.

In the comics Xavier was wheelchair bound before he even formed the first X-men so the 3rd film went with it. But in the new film that wasn't the case. They went with a more Ultimate Comics X-men path and had Magneto responsible for Xavier's disability rather than the comics shortlived villain Lucifer.

roughrider
Well it's common knowledge that First Class is a reboot and they are discounting most everything seen in X3 and Wolverine. So the OP should put his questions to rest.

Darth Jello
Even with Last Stand and Wolverine, it's not that big of a leap to have Charles and Erik working together and Charles walking in the 70's and 80's. Look at the comics. I just assumed they reunited and resumed their friendship after fighting a common threat and that Erik was using some piece of technology he rigged up to keep Charles' spine together. I'm assuming that Magneto's still going to build the underground part of the mansion and that a future movie will involve Asteroid M.

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Erik was using some piece of technology he rigged up to keep Charles' spine together.

How wonderful. Tell me more.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.