Spydrone all over USA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mairuzu
After spending the summer in houston, spydrones are now country wide. Available at a store near you!

Wbgcvi5r4dc

Symmetric Chaos
I can't find anything about this that isn't written by people who don't have a ridiculous axe to grind.

The text of the bill that I found is here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr658enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr658enr.pdf

It doesn't mention anything called a Wide Area Aerial Surveillance System. The only mention of unmanned aircraft is in relation to finally getting around to making laws about flying them in US airspace.

jinXed by JaNx
the music makes this seem important

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I can't find anything about this that isn't written by people who don't have a ridiculous axe to grind.

The text of the bill that I found is here: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-112hr658enr/pdf/BILLS-112hr658enr.pdf

It doesn't mention anything called a Wide Area Aerial Surveillance System. The only mention of unmanned aircraft is in relation to finally getting around to making laws about flying them in US airspace.

No surprise there I knew sooner or later this would happen.

Shakyamunison
I just want to know when they put the transponder on our forehead.

Symmetric Chaos
Anybody find the origin of this story yet?

Mairuzu
Seriously? Lol...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/7/coming-to-a-sky-near-you/?page=all#pagebreak

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
the music makes this seem important

Derp

Mairuzu
fiheoIT6KxQ

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Seriously? Lol...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/feb/7/coming-to-a-sky-near-you/?page=all#pagebreak

So then it's exactly what I was thinking, baseless speculation and outright lies.

Mairuzu
What exactly is the lie?

focus4chumps
probably because its all completely false.
this happens too often. people read/see something on a web page so it must be true.

inimalist
much like some other recent outrages (SOPA, PIPA, NDAA), this really just seems to be the government codifying powers it already has...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/north-dakota-police-use-predator-drone-catch-cow-thieves

Mairuzu
Originally posted by focus4chumps
probably because its all completely false.
this happens too often. people read/see something on a web page so it must be true.

Source to it being false? What exactly do you claim is false?

Originally posted by inimalist
much like some other recent outrages (SOPA, PIPA, NDAA), this really just seems to be the government codifying powers it already has...

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/north-dakota-police-use-predator-drone-catch-cow-thieves

Well no shit lol. Its already been known that these drones were already used by military and certain law enforcements.

You guys sound mad lol

Robtard
I have a nice bridge to sell, cheap too, if anyone is interested.

Mairuzu
I'd say sell it to the lot here so they can jump off it. Maybe they'll float away with all that air in their head.

inimalist
Well no shit lol. Its already been known that these drones were already used by military and certain law enforcements.

if this is common knowledge, then what are we discussing?

As far as I can tell, they aren't talking about allowing armed drones... From what I have read, they seem to be effective in certain law enforcement situations, such as the cow thieves thing.

lol, if you are insinuating that America is risking having armed drones kill civilians within US borders... the reason they use drones is because it is hard to get at these individuals... people living in the united states really wouldn't be that difficult to kill with much more mundane things, like a swat team or sniper.

also, I can't see Ron Paul being against private corporations being allowed to have drones... has he come out against CCTVs then too?

Mairuzu
Privacy issues. More ways for enforcement to screw you over with traffic tickets more so than they already do now especially here in California. Soon to have the capability of seeing through walls. All for private use as well. Bit by bit our privacy is being shattered I would say.

Just more bullshit added by government to screw you over. We already see abuse by tsa agents and their xray technologies.

How many will have weapons applied to them? Seeing as it was one of the main purposes for military use. Seems to have killed a civilian almost every time it was used in the middle east. Doesn't seem like something this country needs.

I also see good uses for it, don't get me wrong. But when has this world ever been full of flowers and fairytales

inimalist
wait, where is there any evidence that the government is giving itself the right to watch you within your private property without a warrant?

Mairuzu
Same place the government put the right for TSA agents to selectively choose women to put up on their scanners.

You think big daddy government stays above the belt at all costs? Lol

inimalist
yes, thats my point, the government is awesome

it has nothing to do with unsubstantiated claims and propaganda videos

Mairuzu
poor you

Symmetric Chaos
What exactly is the lie?

Pretty much all of it. The government has said "we should have laws for unmanned drones since they're a thing now" and somehow people have jumped to "the US government is now going to issue thousands of spy drones to enforce the police state". If anything requiring an agency that wants to deplay drones to get a permit limits their power.

jaden101
Remind me how this would be anything different to using helicopters with thermal cameras that have been used for about 25 years now?

focus4chumps
because its new, high tech, and exciting. far more exciting than the government already capable of gps pinpointing your cellphone.

this way people can use their imaginations and picture terminator hunter killers

jaden101
GP,WM

Stoic
It's only a matter of time before they invent cameras the size of mosquitoes flying around, and heralding drone strikes.

inimalist
you do all know they can put a GPS tracker on your car without a warrant right?

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Pretty much all of it. The government has said "we should have laws for unmanned drones since they're a thing now" and somehow people have jumped to "the US government is now going to issue thousands of spy drones to enforce the police state". If anything requiring an agency that wants to deplay drones to get a permit limits their power.

Who has said that? Yeah its possible for all police agencies to obtain these UAV's and use it accordingly. However you'd like to call it is up to you though. As if congress would openly say "These are for the police state". You're just being foolish

Originally posted by jaden101
Remind me how this would be anything different to using helicopters with thermal cameras that have been used for about 25 years now?

really? shock_erm

Stoic
Originally posted by inimalist
you do all know they can put a GPS tracker on your car without a warrant right?

I heard about this but I thought that it was BS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.