Darth Thanaton versus Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Takes place on Korriban, flat even terrain. Darth Thanaton as seen in TOR versus Anakin Skywalker as of RotS.

Mizukage Yoda
Anakin can block Thanaton's lightning with his saber, and close the distance to mess him up.

Dr McBeefington
Anakin gets wtfpwned

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Anakin gets wtfpwned
Feats for Thanaton?

Dr McBeefington
Janus can better help in that department. I've seen enough of his power to be convinced Anakin doesn't stand a chance in the force.

Nephthys
SPOILERS!

xW1cObDrlrk&feature=related

0.24. I don't see Anakin blocking that with his lightsaber.

Dr McBeefington
Well I could have posted that too it's just Janus has had intimate dealings with him and can be more specific. But yes, Thanaton pimpsmacks Anakin with the Force.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Nephthys
SPOILERS!

xW1cObDrlrk&feature=related

0.24. I don't see Anakin blocking that with his lightsaber.

1. Thanaton needs to charge that up. As seen at 1:19. What's stopping Anakin from throwing a saber into his chest if he tries that?
2. He may not be able to block the lightning bolt from above, but he certainly could block the frontal one.

Stealth Moose
Actually, early in the SI storyline, Darth Thanaton utilizes an ability to suck all life from the Inquisitor, which the latter has no defense against initially. The Inquisitor is left for dead, but the two sith spirits that dwel within him/her (spirits of Lord Ergast and Darth Andru) keep them alive until they recover.

The implication is that without Sith spirits reinforcing his lifeforce, the Inquisitor could have died instantly at the hands of Thanaton. The only reason Thanaton is so grossly defeated later on is because the Inquisitor rebuilds his body using Rakata technology (the same tech that built entire species, such as the zabrak, twi'lek, etc.), used a Voss/Gormak healing ritual to reinforce the mind against the intrusion of and dominance of the multiple spirits, and in the end the SI is sporting -five- spirits in tow... A Voss spiritual leader, a former Council member in Sadow/Kressh's time, a Sith Lord who founded Force-walking, a Darth, and another Sith who died on Taris.

Thanaton is not meant to be portrayed as a weak opponent by any means. It's just that the SI has such a huge advantage in general, Thanaton appears weaker by comparison. But against Anakin Skywalker, who cannot defend against the Force storm nor can he defend against the whatever "Force Snuff the Life out of you" maneuver, I don't see this going well.

ares834
Well Anakin may have a defense against Thanaton's life drain as he did block the Dark Reaper. Still he likely loses this one. Regardless I don't see this being a wtfpwning.

Stealth Moose
Has anyone here seen Thanaton in action, aside from the above video?

Nephthys
Yes.

I read the comic he was in.

ares834
Yeah, that comic was great. But aside from that I haven't seen much.

Arhael
Comparing game to books and film just isn't ok. Sith Emperor in Revan book haven't shown himself even half impressive comparing to what those two guys showed.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Arhael
Comparing game to books and film just isn't ok. Sith Emperor in Revan book haven't shown himself even half impressive comparing to what those two guys showed.

That is simply not true. The Emperor KO'd 3 Jedi Masters including Tol Braga who dueled a Council Member then convinced him to return to the light side.

Arhael
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
That is simply not true. The Emperor KO'd 3 Jedi Masters including Tol Braga who dueled a Council Member then convinced him to return to the light side.

Is it another game example?

What I mean is that in all SW books fight generally consist of lightsaber, telekinesis in various forms, force lightning, mind influence and in more rare cases drawing on oponent's fear and draining life energy(last two are invisible to eyes). Other things are achieved with deep concentration without interruption or through rituals. When on this video lightning changed into some kind of mini-storm and even earth under legs cracked. Also, both of them had intensive purplish light from eyes, when sith have yellow pupils and in sith emperor's case black occasionally flashing red.
Game developers are just trying to make game visually awesome and invent all sorts of possible Force powers to increase buttons needed for gameplay. But in reality those Sith are same average in terms of powers and skills as Sith from other eras.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Arhael
Is it another game example?

What I mean is that in all SW books fight generally consist of lightsaber, telekinesis in various forms, force lightning, mind influence and in more rare cases drawing on oponent's fear and draining life energy(last two are invisible to eyes). Other things are achieved with deep concentration without interruption or through rituals. When on this video lightning changed into some kind of mini-storm and even earth under legs cracked. Also, both of them had intensive purplish light from eyes, when sith have yellow pupils and in sith emperor's case black occasionally flashing red.
Game developers are just trying to make game visually awesome and invent all sorts of possible Force powers to increase buttons needed for gameplay. But in reality those Sith are same average in terms of powers and skills as Sith from other eras.

Those Sith are far from average, while I don't think Thanaton is superior to the likes of Tyranus and Sidious, he is certainly above the likes of Maul.

Arhael
Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
Those Sith are far from average, while I don't think Thanaton is superior to the likes of Tyranus and Sidious, he is certainly above the likes of Maul.
Of course Force wise he is above Maul. Maul was trained as a weapon in order not to brake the rule of two(Plagueis was still alive at that time), he wasn't trained as proper Sith, he wasn't taught to dominate enemy's spirit and expose doubts. However, he is likely to pawn Thanaton with brutal strength and expert lightsaber and hand-to-hand combat skills.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.