The Word & Spectre Vs In-Betweener & Eternity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Corrigan Spectre. Which duo?

Stoic
The Word solos. What's up with these one sided threads? Eternity and the Inbetweener would likely be tools to the Word's power sets. I can't even see them mounting a suitable offense.

Prep-Man
Seriosuly? Didn't Word lose to Swamp Thing?

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Seriosuly? Didn't Word lose to Swamp Thing?

But the character's are supposed to be spoken of at their best. Batman tuned up the Spectre, but that's obviously not the Spectre that's being used here right?

Galan007
Seriosuly? Didn't Word lose to Swamp Thing? No, Tefe killed him. Here's how:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t1/10878668_w1.jpg

...But for what it's worth, God Swamp Thing likely could have beaten the Word as well--his power was compared to that of THE God by the Word itself, after all.

zopzop
Team 2. Team 1 is full of fail.

kevdude
Team 1 destroys them, The Word solos though.

lilshogun
The Word is another manifest of the Presence. Eternity and Inbetweener has lost my respect since they had been jobbered a bit.

zopzop
Originally posted by kevdude
Team 1 destroys them, The Word solos though.

IB summons the Anti-Word and annihilates the Word. Then they make short work of the Spectre.

Prep-Man
Anti-Word?

zopzop
Anti-Word?
Originally posted by Galan007
No, Tefe killed him. Here's how:

...But for what it's worth, God Swamp Thing likely could have beaten the Word as well--his power was compared to that of THE God by the Word itself, after all.

Galan007
^ And IB is capable of assuming a form capable of approximating said anti-word?

zopzop
^ And IB is capable of assuming a form capable of approximating said anti-word?

He can summon the opposing force of any being in the universe. So if the Word has an "anti" anything it's gonna be used against him. Met with it's opposite, the being dies. The only reason this tactic failed against Galactus was because the IB himself was Galactus' opposite.

Prep-Man
Galactus is weak sauce compared to Word.

kevdude
Originally posted by zopzop
IB summons the Anti-Word and annihilates the Word. Then they make short work of the Spectre.

laughing out loud I doubt that very much! He is The Voice given form! Far above that of IB or Eternity.

Galan007
He can summon the opposing force of any being in the universe. So if the Word has an "anti" anything it's gonna be used against him. Met with it's opposite, the being dies. The only reason this tactic failed against Galactus was because the IB himself was Galactus' opposite. Kay, but this is how I see it: The Word>>>Chaos/Order>>IB.

zopzop
Kay, but this is how I see it: The Word>>>Chaos/Order>>IB.

Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity are said to be the top 4 abstracts in 616, yet IB summoned Death to kill the Elders and she was forced to comply. The fact that he summoned a force said to be greater than his creators doesn't make sense but it happened.

That's why I'm saying he summons the "Anti-Word" sound energy and wipes out the Word.

Edit :
Typo

quanchi112
Team marvel wins.

Galan007
Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity Summoning any of them=/=summoning the voice of GOD... confused

...And he is still BELOW Order/Chaos from a power standpoint.

quanchi112
Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity are said to be the top 4 abstracts in 616, yet IB summoned Death to kill the Elders and she was forced to comply. The fact that he summoned a force said to be greater than his creators doesn't make sense but it happened.

That's why I'm saying he summons the "Anti-Word" sound energy and wipes out the Word.

Edit :
Typo Owned.

Prep-Man

Edit :
Typo

Has he ever summoned anything on Word's level?

Mindset
What are the Word's feats?

Galan007
^ What are your feats? mmm

Merlyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Owned. Is there a thread you DON'T troll in? I think I might report you again... mmm

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Merlyn
Is there a thread you DON'T troll in? I think I might report you again... mmm

gah! What the hell is Quan doing in here? He's probably never heard of these characters.

zopzop
Summoning any of them=/=summoning the voice of GOD... confused

...And he is still BELOW Order/Chaos from a power standpoint.

Of course he is. They own him like a little girl every time. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he summoned something greater than his masters and forced it to do his bidding.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
What are the Word's feats?

This is actually a good question. Another good one is, who has he beaten in a fight (if he has any)?

Galan007
Of course he is. They own him like a little girl every time. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he summoned something greater than his masters and forced it to do his bidding. Okay, but explain to me how he would know The Word's one and only 'weakness'--it certainly isn't common knowledge, as not even Alec Holland (when his powers were on par with God) knew about it.

After explaining that, show me proof that IB can summon a power equal to the voice of God. Summoning Eternity and the like certainly isn't indicative of such.

zopzop
Okay, but explain to me how he would know The Word's one and only 'weakness'--it certainly isn't common knowledge, as not even Alec Holland (when his powers were on par with God) knew about it.

After explaining that, show me proof that IB can summon a power equal to the voice of God. Summoning Eternity and the like certainly isn't indicative of such.

Not for anything but DC's "God" is sorta weaksauce. I don't think it's reaching to say that the guy that represents universal (multiversal?) balance wouldn't know that the Word has a opposite power that can negate his existence.

The lack of feats and fights for the Word don't fill me with confidence in his powers/abilities either.

Mindset
^ What are your feats? mmm I once curled a 50 pound dumbbell!

leonidas
gah! What the hell is Quan doing in here? He's probably never heard of these characters.

laughing out loud

he's a troll with a fetish for galan. and if he only posted in threads he actually knew anything about he would never post. smile

Of course he is. They own him like a little girl every time. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he summoned something greater than his masters and forced it to do his bidding.

too bad he didn't do that whole opposite thing against thanos.... shifty

leonidas
I once curled a 50 pound dumbbell!

pffft.

Galan007
Not for anything but DC's "God" is sorta weaksauce. I don't think it's reaching to say that the guy that represents universal (multiversal?) balance wouldn't know that the Word has a opposite power that can negate his existence.

The lack of feats and fights for the Word don't fill me with confidence in his powers/abilities either. Nice dodge. thumb up
I once curled a 50 pound dumbbell! Both hands doesn't count.

zopzop
Originally posted by leonidas
too bad he didn't do that whole opposite thing against thanos.... shifty

Don't forget he didn't have his powers. He was trapped in the Nexus of All Reality where all the forces of the universe were already in perfect balance. The only reason why he was able to use his powers inside his prison is because Order and Chaos were "gentle" masters and allowed him that luxury.

zopzop
Nice dodge. thumb up

But it's true though. There's like a series of beings said to be "equal" to "God" in DC, you just mentioned one.

And the IB being the abstract that represents balance would know of the "anti-Word" energy and use it against the Word.

But all this is meaningless until we can gauge the Word's relative power level. With zero feats and fights to his name, it doesn't make it easy. At least the IB has some feats and fights under his belt.

leonidas
Don't forget he didn't have his powers.

no expression

zopzop
no expression

Want the scan? I have the issue.

Edit :
Here is the scan
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8316/gentlemasters.th.jpg

leonidas
Want the scan? I have the issue.

laughing out loud

i know the issue very well. i was poking fun because you said in the same post he had no powers then he DID have powers. he was at least as powerful as thanos, even inside the prison. i guess they banned his opposite powers maybe. i dunno. just hasslin ya for the sake of it. big grin

Galan007
But it's true though. There's like a series of beings said to be "equal" to "God" in DC, you just mentioned one. No. There aren't.

And the IB being the abstract that represents balance would know of the "anti-Word" energy and use it against the Word. Based on? Srsly, if summoning Eternity is the best feat he's got in that department, it ain't nearly enough.

But all this is meaningless until we can gauge the Word's relative power level. With zero feats and fights to his name, it doesn't make it easy. At least the IB has some feats and fights under his belt. The Word possessed a power equal to (potentially greater than) God Swamp Thing. He willingly came to earth so that he could kill ST (despite his drastically increased powerset)--Tefe simply killed him before he could finish the task. The Word also destroyed the various Parliaments--which are what gave ST his God-esque power.

zopzop
laughing out loud

i know the issue very well. i was poking fun because you said in the same post he had no powers then he DID have powers. he was at least as powerful as thanos, even inside the prison. i guess they banned his opposite powers maybe. i dunno. just hasslin ya for the sake of it. big grin

embarrasment

zopzop
No. There aren't.

Based on? Srsly, if summoning Eternity is the best feat he's got in that department, it ain't nearly enough.

The Word possessed a power equal to (potentially greater than) God Swamp Thing. That's why he willingly sought out ST so that he may kill him--he was simply killed by Tefe before he could do so. The Word also destroyed the various Parliaments--which are what gave ST his God-esque power.

I don't know. Nothing about the Word's showings fills me with confidence in his power. yucky

Galan007
007-thefuk

Kay, then.

Omega Vision
I don't know. Nothing about the Word's showings fills me with confidence in his power. yucky
As opposed to Eternity?

zopzop
Originally posted by Omega Vision
As opposed to Eternity?

In Eternity's defense, a good chunk of his losses are due to plot devices.

Prep-Man
You do know there were forces who created DC's God, right, Zop?

guy222
word wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn
Is there a thread you DON'T troll in? I think I might report you again... mmm For what saying owned when he made a valid point ? geez, I thought firefighters were supposed to be busier than this.

Mindset
Nice dodge. thumb up
Both hands doesn't count. Who said anything about using my hands?

http://7.asset.soup.io/asset/2070/4647_6544_500.gif

Mr Master
laughing out loud

** Basically just like Abraxas manifested to destroy the Omniverse,
and before he could finish his task was stopped by his ONE weakness,
the UN ...

... so the "Word" had implied power
but never proved it being stopped by his "one" weakness. roll eyes (sarcastic)

... course' Abraxas did a shit lot more but that's another thread.

Pardon the slightly off-topic insight,
but it's funny how posters will use an argument against a character,
and in other threads use the exact same said argument as a contrary defense.

I love the double-standard.

That aside ...

Team 2 wins, based on what? ... oh yea, feats. big grin

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr Master
laughing out loud

the UN ...

That aside ...

Team 2 wins, based on what? ... oh yea, feats. big grin thumb up

Galan007
laughing out loud

the UN ...

That aside ...

Team 2 wins, based on what? ... oh yea, feats. big grin laughing The Word destroyed (permanently) the Elemental Parliaments--the same Parliaments that gave Swamp Thing a power equal to that of THE God.

Either way, before this rant did you miss the fact that Corrigan Spectre is on team 1? Even if you'd like to discount The Word of God, Spectre alone destroys team 2. On panel Corrigan Spectre stomped ZH Parallax--the guy who destroyed the whole of DC and began remaking it in his own image.

So yeah, the Word or not, team 1 STILL wins. That good enough for ya? wink

Galan007
Who said anything about using my hands?

http://7.asset.soup.io/asset/2070/4647_6544_500.gif http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x402/galanpics/avatar133256_1.gif

rotiart
In betweener has te power to summon whatever your opposite is to destroy you.
In te case of the elders he summoned death herself to do his bidding.

Death a high level abstract herself...
And had her use her powers...

When in betweener tried that same act against galactic nothing happened and no one appeared. Inbetweener reasoned that it must be because he is the opposite I galactic this he couldn't find someone to negate galactus.

The word has been proven to have a negating force/person. And if in betweener can summon death then he should be able to summon virtually anyone else.

As far as in betweener no instantly killing thanos. Thanos pointed out that order and chaos were lenient and allowed INbeteeener his powers while imprisoned. It was when he was release that he became powerless in the nexus of realities. Even thanos would have fallen victim to the INbeteeener if he was aware of that fact.

Galan007
IB summoning Death isn't remotely close to approximating The Voice of GOD. none

Sr J-Bieb
IB summons deafness to combat The Word

Cogito

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
In betweener has te power to summon whatever your opposite is to destroy you.
In te case of the elders he summoned death herself to do his bidding.

Death a high level abstract herself...
And had her use her powers...

When in betweener tried that same act against galactic nothing happened and no one appeared. Inbetweener reasoned that it must be because he is the opposite I galactic this he couldn't find someone to negate galactus.

The word has been proven to have a negating force/person. And if in betweener can summon death then he should be able to summon virtually anyone else.

As far as in betweener no instantly killing thanos. Thanos pointed out that order and chaos were lenient and allowed INbeteeener his powers while imprisoned. It was when he was release that he became powerless in the nexus of realities. Even thanos would have fallen victim to the INbeteeener if he was aware of that fact. Agreed. The logic is sound he can summon someone greater which is what the poster asked for proof of. Then said poster's stance changed to nuh uh they can't do it here.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
IB summons deafness to combat The Word laughing

Spectre wins then? confused

rotiart
No, Tefe killed him. Here's how:

The argument for defeating the word is how it would be done...

Apparently by vibrating as an "anti word"

.... Whatever... And superman has found the right frequency to vibrate at to defeat other people before...

Finding this so called frequency is the key. The argument should be whether INbeteeener can find someone that can resonate at the frequency necessary...

lilshogun
The Voice is one of the aspects of the Presence. Forget about Inbetweener. His boss are Chaos and Order. He is pretty much a lower abstract being.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by rotiart
The argument for defeating the word is how it would be done...

Apparently by vibrating as an "anti word"

.... Whatever... And superman has found the right frequency to vibrate at to defeat other people before...

Finding this so called frequency is the key. The argument should be whether INbeteeener can find someone that can resonate at the frequency necessary... White Noise

psycho gundam
Anti-Word? i lol'd too

rotiart
Originally posted by lilshogun
The Voice is one of the aspects of the Presence. Forget about Inbetweener. His boss are Chaos and Order. He is pretty much a lower abstract being.

So u are putting an elemental like tefe at high abstract level?

zopzop
Originally posted by lilshogun

Yup we understand this. But we were pointing out that the IB has displayed the ability to summon Abstracts greater than his creators and have them do his bidding (which makes NO sense but hey it's on panel).

Here it is, Quasar (with Cosmic Awareness) sensing that out of all the abstracts in the universe, Eternity/Death/Infinity/Oblivion are the greatest :
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6529/greatests.th.jpg

Here is the IB demonstrating the ability to summon one of those Abstracts and forcing her to do his bidding!
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/8923/summon.th.jpg

IMHO he would PWN the Word by summoning the opposite vibrational energy (or whatever it was) to negate him.

Speaking of which, does the Spectre have an opposite?

Cogito
Speaking of which, does the Spectre have an opposite?

The Radiant (God's Spirit of Mercy) would probably be the closest thing. She lacks anything resembling feats though.

guy222
i-b is a lil boy seemed afraid of the captors

not enough power on team two to stop the word

kevdude
Originally posted by guy222
i-b is a lil boy seemed afraid of the captors

not enough power on team two to stop the word

thumb up Indeed, The Word (aka Destiny) usually does not take part in what is happening, just suppose to read from the book and watch over it (and everything else). Did hope The Spectre would have found him when he was looking for him and the others, but he didn't. Least we got to see him find Michael and Lucifer! smile

rotiart
Oh to be clear...
Fight starts with dc in one corner and marvel in another.

Ding ding. Bell Rings.
Eternity passes out into a coma at the sheer power assembled (lik during the cosmic cubes with magus issues during the infinity war)

Inbetweener fires unleashes his power... Like he did summoning death to wipe out the Elders and to which he indicates he doesn't even have to know what your opposite is to summon it when he realizes galactus has no opposite...

The word is suddenly hit by anti-word vibrations and disappears

Suddenly it's spectra vs Inbetweener
The specter goes all wrath of god on Inbetweener...

Team DC wins

guy222
QFT

evening

Mr Master

The Word destroyed (permanently) the Elemental Parliaments--the
same Parliaments that gave Swamp Thing a power equal to that of
THE God.
Who's "THE God?" ... The Presence?

If so, they're equal to the Presence right?
How did the Word defeat beings that can grant others the power of God?

Also, since they gave Swamp Thing a power equal to,
this means ST is also = to the Presence right?

How many characters exactly are = to the Presence over at DC?

Wait, and Primal Monitor is above all this, including the Presence?

But they're also Mxy, who destroyed the "whole" of DC,
how many Supreme Beings did he wipe out since they're are several over at DC?

I'm honestly not trying to be sarcastic,
I'm actually interested in the explanations to make this fit.

On panel Corrigan Spectre stomped ZH Parallax--the guy
who destroyed the whole of DC and began remaking it in his own
image.
Cool, so this means Parallax was also a "Supreme Being" and
Spectre proved to be above this by stomping him.

Who says DC isn't packin a cosmic punch. smile

*note* Well, at least in Marvel if you can destroy/erase All Reality and re-create/make it,
then you're/were basically a Supreme being at the time of said capability.

If Parallax trully destroyed "All of DC" ...
and Spectre was able to defeat him without stipulations,
then that's a feat note worthy of the LT.

Because it's the mind jarring representational idealism of "one who is above Gods" ...

Galan007
durpalm We GET it... You like Marvel better.

Team 1 ftw. big grin

Mr Master

We GET it... You like Marvel better.
durpalm ... Or I GOT it, you couldn't explain away the contradictions.

Team 1 ftw.
Team 2 ftw ... Team 1 ftw ... Eternity solos ... Spectre solos ... etc.

Just more unprovable opinions, although respected nonetheless. big grin

Cogito
Who's "THE God?" ... The Presence?

If so, they're equal to the Presence right?
How did the Word defeat beings that can grant others the power of God?
ST was not equal to the Presence, and neither were the elemental parliments. There is only, and can only, be one omnipotent. Others can come close, but never match. If the Elemental Parliments were equal to the Presence, then an aspect of the Presence wouldn't have been able to win.
But don't take that to mean top tiers aren't still powerful in their own right.

Also, since they gave Swamp Thing a power equal to,
this means ST is also = to the Presence right?

No.

How many characters exactly are = to the Presence over at DC?
One to two, perhaps. Elaine at the end of the Lucifer run after God decided to leave creation. Then Primal Monitor is an obvious grey area. There's been a million theories floated around, from the PM being greater than the Presence to the PM being the Presence:
The Presence/God = The Presence to humans
The Source = The Presence to the New Gods
The Primal Monitor = The Presence to the Monitors

All the theories have holes. There's evidence for and against. DC's always been vague on the subject (on purpose, IMO).

Wait, and Primal Monitor is above all this, including the Presence? Maybe, maybe not. It's not meant to be clear.

But they're also Mxy, who destroyed the "whole" of DC,
how many Supreme Beings did he wipe out since they're are several over at DC? Mxy < The Presence. He did not wipe out any Supreme Beings.

I'm honestly not trying to be sarcastic,
I'm actually interested in the explanations to make this fit.
There are no explanations. Roll with whatever theory you like best.

Cool, so this means Parallax was also a "Supreme Being" and
Spectre proved to be above this by stomping him.

Parallax was most certainly not a Supreme Being. There are literally dozens of characters that have had the power to destroy and recreate universes. They are not Supreme. Reed was not supreme when he remade the Marvel Multiverse with the UN, was he?

Who says DC isn't packin a cosmic punch. smile
Nobody? confused

*note* Well, at least in Marvel if you can destroy/erase All Reality and re-create/make it,
then you're/were basically a Supreme being at the time of said capability.
I would strongly disagree with this statement.

If Parallax trully destroyed "All of DC" ...
and Spectre was able to defeat him without stipulations,
then that's a feat note worthy of the LT.
First, the Spectre did not stomp him. That's a reach if I ever saw one. Second, the Spectre is a beast. He gets little credit on these boards because of low showings like DoV (which a surprising number of people believe to be his highest showing).

Sirius77
Originally posted by Cogito
ST was not equal to the Presence, and neither were the elemental parliments. There is only, and can only, be one omnipotent. Others can come close, but never match. If the Elemental Parliments were equal to the Presence, then an aspect of the Presence wouldn't have been able to win.
But don't take that to mean top tiers aren't still powerful in their own right.

No.

One to two, perhaps. Elaine at the end of the Lucifer run after God decided to leave creation. Then Primal Monitor is an obvious grey area. There's been a million theories floated around, from the PM being greater than the Presence to the PM being the Presence:
The Presence/God = The Presence to humans
The Source = The Presence to the New Gods
The Primal Monitor = The Presence to the Monitors

All the theories have holes. There's evidence for and against. DC's always been vague on the subject (on purpose, IMO).

Maybe, maybe not. It's not meant to be clear.

Mxy < The Presence. He did not wipe out any Supreme Beings.

There are no explanations. Roll with whatever theory you like best.

Parallax was most certainly not a Supreme Being. There are literally dozens of characters that have had the power to destroy and recreate universes. They are not Supreme. Reed was not supreme when he remade the Marvel Multiverse with the UN, was he?

Nobody? confused

I would strongly disagree with this statement.

First, the Spectre did not stomp him. That's a reach if I ever saw one. Second, the Spectre is a beast. He gets little credit on these boards because of low showings like DoV (which a surprising number of people believe to be his highest showing).

thumb up That's actually a REALLY good explanation of DC cosmology if I've ever heard one.

Prep-Man
What about First of the Fallen or Gabriel?

Galan007

Team 2 ftw ... Team 1 ftw ... Eternity solos ... Spectre solos ... etc.

Just more unprovable opinions, although respected nonetheless. big grin Do I seriously need to post scans to PROVE why Spectre wins? If you know anything about him, I really shouldn't have to.

And I didn't respond to your other 'points' because.... I really shouldn't have to. If need be, I can more thoroughly explain that statement. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.