Spider-Man VS Gotham City

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ledgic
How would he fair against the crime there?

Sin I AM
he'd get raped.....not crafty enough. plus noone would fear him

Parmaniac
laughing out loud

Ledgic
Idk I think Spidey would do awesome, kick the all of all Batman's villains, and Spidey is a genius

Digi
Originally posted by Ledgic
Idk I think Spidey would do awesome, kick the all of all Batman's villains, and Spidey is a genius

Word mistake aside, this. ^

Bouboumaster
He's not as crafty, or as intelligent as Batman, but on the other hand, he would roxx the **** out of the Bat gallery.

10 tons punches + superhuman speed/agility, etc, = destruction

Only the like of the Joker might be a problem

Digi
It's not like he's never been given a mystery. Some of Mysterio's or Chameleon's capers rival those of any Bat-villan. He's just not known for it as much. No one's saying he's as good as Bats at detective work, but he'd hold his own.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Digi
It's not like he's never been given a mystery. Some of Mysterio's or Chameleon's capers rival those of any Bat-villan. He's just not known for it as much. No one's saying he's as good as Bats at detective work, but he'd hold his own.

i dunno i think spidermans villians are kinda straight forward...i ean sure he can come beat most in a fight, but unless he took a darker approach he wont be able to be taken seriously...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
i dunno i think spidermans villians are kinda straight forward...i ean sure he can come beat most in a fight, but unless he took a darker approach he wont be able to be taken seriously... Read Grim Hunt

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2010/07/tasm-637010-1279167653.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TEoH2Eg8LgA/TFC3T_TN4uI/AAAAAAAADWc/ZxY1zIc8Zoo/s1600/mot7.jpg

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
He's not as crafty, or as intelligent as Batman, but on the other hand, he would roxx the **** out of the Bat gallery.

10 tons punches + superhuman speed/agility, etc, = destruction

Only the like of the Joker might be a problem

He wouldn't rock Clayface or Poison Ivy, IMO.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Prep-Man
He wouldn't rock Clayface or Poison Ivy, IMO. He would rock them the same way Batman does, Spider-man has Sandman and Hydroman in his roster so facing someone like CF wouldn't something brand new to him.

PS to add this to my Grim Hunt post
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2131085.html

Prep-Man
If he had prep, maybe, but not in a straight up fight. Especially the power levels PI and Clayface were at.

Parmaniac
If he had prep, maybe, but not in a straight up fight. Especially the power levels PI and Clayface were at. And Batman always beats CF straight up right?

EDIT: And I doubt this thread was meant as Spider-man vs. every Batman villain in gotham.

Prep-Man
Uh, no. Not with extreme PIS and prep at times. Just depends on the Clayface. Some Clayface's were able to absorb the earth and get strong enough to hang with Wonder Woman. PI was able to lift entire skyscrapers/buildings like they were toys.

Hell, DCnU Ivy was able to stop a speeding train with her power. Her suit is pretty cool. Katana's sword just went straight through Ivy's torso.

Parmaniac
Exactly, and by
Originally posted by Ledgic
How would he fair against the crime there?
I assume that Parer takes Batmans place, not neccessarily the Batcave too but at least some resources.

EDIT: For example he would have steamrolled the Talon and his labyrinth.

Prep-Man
I think the villains like Riddler or Joker might run circles around him. They might be too smart for Peter. Might.

Parmaniac
These are the real challanges I agree, Parker's not a dumb nut but he is also nowhere near in the detective department as Batman, he had his moments to shine though. His advantage would be his Spider-Sense though, he can detect and dispose bombs with it and let it guide him through labyrinths etc. Joker would turn out as a pain in the ass though that's what I'm convinced of.

JayDaDon
On a physical level, there's no one he couldn't overpower or prep the s#it out of. IMO the places where it's most debatable are with guys like joker. It's the strategists like him that would give spidey hell.

ozz81
Yeah s.m may be able to dodge the villians attacks etc but crime solving problems etc he wont be as good as b.m..

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JayDaDon
On a physical level, there's no one he couldn't overpower or prep the s#it out of. IMO the places where it's most debatable are with guys like joker. It's the strategists like him that would give spidey hell.

Clayface begs to differ. At least this one.

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/clayface-vs-vegito-winks-at-shoddragon-and-the-dumbasses-at-narutofan-84740/

Mindset
I think the villains like Riddler or Joker might run circles around him. They might be too smart for Peter. Might. Parker is a genius.

Prep-Man
Not anywhere good as a detective as Batman.

Parmaniac
Not anywhere good as a detective as Batman. Yeah the prob is Batman constantly defeats them.

Mindset
Not anywhere good as a detective as Batman. And?

Spiderman beat Doom, that's more than Batman would ever be able to accomplish in his wildest dreams.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Yeah the prob is Batman constantly defeats them.

Some has given him fits. I think the same would be for Spidey.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Spider-Man would fair just fine, let's not kid ourselves.

Prep-Man
what are his feats that would make you believe this? Not to say I don't believe you, but Batman has overall superior intellect to Parker. Detective skills and whatnot.

Metalmanx
You gotta be kidding me. Spider-Man would mop the floor with both Gotham City and Batman's rogues galley.

Aside from his obvious drastically superior physical advantages, Spidey is probably, if not the most, resourceful hero there is. No, I'm not saying that Spidey is close to the detective skills of Bats, but he's no slouch either. Anything Batman has done to win the day, Spidey could do it in a different way.

JayDaDon
If pete gets the resources he has in new york, then he's got it in the bag.

Ledgic
>I think the villains like Riddler or Joker might run circles around him. They might be too smart for Peter. Might.

Spidey's solved a lot of crimes. Not as much as Bats but he does okay. I'm sure Joker's and Riddlers traps would trigger his Spider Sense.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Metalmanx
You gotta be kidding me. Spider-Man would mop the floor with both Gotham City and Batman's rogues galley.

Aside from his obvious drastically superior physical advantages, Spidey is probably, if not the most, resourceful hero there is. No, I'm not saying that Spidey is close to the detective skills of Bats, but he's no slouch either. Anything Batman has done to win the day, Spidey could do it in a different way.

Some of Batman's rogue gallery has beaten the tar out of the JLA. Prometheus with prep, Clayface, and Ivy have good showings against some of them. I doubt SM would take all of them at the same time.

Parmaniac
what are his feats that would make you believe this? Not to say I don't believe you, but Batman has overall superior intellect to Parker. Detective skills and whatnot. Spider-man is known to solve shit on the fly, he came up with a temp cure for the Lizard, came up with a pill to resist Lizards TP and he overpowered Dock Ock in a battle of minds the same upgraded Ock that fooled/intellectually defeated Stark, Richards, Pym and M.O.D.O.K..

Since he has his own Lab at Horizon Labs (a thinktank for the biggest minds in the world) he regularly came up with useful new inventions.

Spider-man also disposed a bomb (without Spider-Sense) that Richards and Stark were unable to dispose.

Prep-Man
Spider-man is known to solve shit on the fly, he came up with a temp cure for the Lizard, came up with a pill to resist Lizards TP and he overpowered Dock Ock in a battle of minds the same upgraded Ock that fooled/intellectually defeated Stark, Richards, Pym and M.O.D.O.K..

Since he has his own Lab at Horizon Labs (a thinktank for the biggest minds in the world) he regularly came up with useful new inventions.

Spider-man also disposed a bomb (without Spider-Sense) that Richards and Stark were unable to dispose.

Those are all good scientific feats, but what about solving crimes that would lead him to the villain type thing. People like the Riddler and Joker have given Bruce hell in that department.

Since this is a crime type of thread, anyway, that would be important.

zeel
joker kill's 'em.

Ledgic
>Those are all good scientific feats, but what about solving crimes that would lead him to the villain type thing. People like the Riddler and Joker have given Bruce hell in that department.

Spidey has outsmarted Green Goblin. GG is probably as smart & crazy if not as smart and crazy a Joker, and as for Riddler, doesn't Kingpin sometimes give him lots of mysteries and lots of situations where he has to think his way out of?

Parmaniac
Kingpin not so much, Mysterio and Chameleon are better examples also a lot of 1 time villains, unfortunately I haven't saved feats of that category on my HDD and never really gave them that much attention but from now on I will and reread several issues.

SamZED
Uh, no. Not with extreme PIS and prep at times. Just depends on the Clayface. Some Clayface's were able to absorb the earth and get strong enough to hang with Wonder Woman. PI was able to lift entire skyscrapers/buildings like they were toys.

Hell, DCnU Ivy was able to stop a speeding train with her power. Her suit is pretty cool. Katana's sword just went straight through Ivy's torso. I've read GCS as impressive as Ivy was at the end of the series Spider-man wont even need prep to beat her. As for CLayface, he might not be able to take him in a steight fight but in this thread he gets to prep. And once he finds out what he's up against he'll need one day (2 tops) to prep for CF.

Joker and Riddler. Pete is no Batman when it comes to solving mysteries ofcoure but he IS one of the biggest brains on Marvel Earth these days and unlike Reed he's not a lab rat. He's very good when it comes to getting info on the streets and solving mysteries and has spider sense on top of that. Joker would have to be at his absolute craftiest to give Pete trouble. But if its one of those random plans he often comes up with - he's gonna end up getting punched in the jaw.

Hyperion Prime
Why do people always act like the Joker, Riddler are so much touygher than anything Speiderman has faced. Does the name Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Jackal, Venom, Mysterio bring just as much misery and death as those two.

Green Goblin is just as complicated as the Joker. He has even killed Gwen Stacey

Prep-Man
Originally posted by SamZED
I've read GCS as impressive as Ivy was at the end of the series Spider-man wont even need prep to beat her. As for CLayface, he might not be able to take him in a steight fight but in this thread he gets to prep. And once he finds out what he's up against he'll need one day (2 tops) to prep for CF.

Joker and Riddler. Pete is no Batman when it comes to solving mysteries ofcoure but he IS one of the biggest brains on Marvel Earth these days and unlike Reed he's not a lab rat. He's very good when it comes to getting info on the streets and solving mysteries and has spider sense on top of that. Joker would have to be at his absolute craftiest to give Pete trouble. But if its one of those random plans he often comes up with - he's gonna end up getting punched in the jaw.

How would Spidey get through her army of planets, though? She can affect him from long range just like Doc Ock.

Metalmanx
How would Spidey get through her army of planets, though? She can affect him from long range just like Doc Ock.

And how does Spidey get through Doc Ock's long range offense everytime?

Ledgic

Spider-Man is insane at dodging, even without his Spider Sense, and his SS would warn him of PI's plants too and I'm sure Spidey would invent some special webbing just for her, or even create something else to help, like a costume with a built in gas mask like the Iron Spider armour

JakeTheBank

Lawl.

Spider-Man would do fine. A lot of them would be easily handled by him, too.

JayDaDon
As for CLayface, he might not be able to take him in a steight fight but in this thread he gets to prep. And once he finds out what he's up against he'll need one day (2 tops) to prep for CF.

I could see spidey being prepped for CF in 1 or 2 HOURS . smokin'

godking
Originally posted by Mindset
Parker is a genius. Parker is a scientific genius not a strategic one. The likes of Kingpin have often been able to trick Parker into doing their work for them

Parmaniac
Those are all good scientific feats, but what about solving crimes that would lead him to the villain type thing. People like the Riddler and Joker have given Bruce hell in that department.

Since this is a crime type of thread, anyway, that would be important. http://www9.picfront.org/picture/b0wbwCTbh/thb/UtilityBelt2.0newstandardgearASMV1675.jpg
Amazing Spider-man V1 675

Ironically they made a joke with regards to Batman

Kid Kurdy
Spider-Man would do just fine in Gotham City. There's nothing he hasn't seen a million times before.

JayDaDon
http://www9.picfront.org/picture/b0wbwCTbh/thb/UtilityBelt2.0newstandardgearASMV1675.jpg

Damn! There's the proof that acid webbing and freeze webbing are standard equipment for him now.

Prep-Man
http://www9.picfront.org/picture/b0wbwCTbh/thb/UtilityBelt2.0newstandardgearASMV1675.jpg

Eh, nice scan. wink

But I doubt Spidey could take Clayface (with standard equipment).

SamZED
How would Spidey get through her army of planets, though? She can affect him from long range just like Doc Ock. In a city environment I dont see him having much trouble. He usually dodges Ock as well, also I believe Ock's tentacles are faster than Ivy's vines. Then there are symbiotic tendrils that move faster than bullets.

Eh, nice scan. wink

But I doubt Spidey could take Clayface (with standard equipment).
I was gonna say accid webbing, but that was before you told me its useless. So guess he can't. What about freeze catriges? Could that work?

I could see spidey being prepped for CF in 1 or 2 HOURS . smokin' Hey if he can fix cosmic cube while being stranded in stone age I say he can come up with something against CF. cool

Ledgic
Freeze capsules? Ivy and Clayface are both done! Tbh, even in everyday civilian clothing Parker would kick both their asses

Prep-Man
@ sam, Ivy has a lot more power than dock and more vines that can come from all directions. Spidey will have a hell of a time dodging all that. clayface could easily smother him before he gets his capsules off. i mean he did capture wonder woman and some of the league.

Mindset
Originally posted by godking
Parker is a scientific genius not a strategic one. The likes of Kingpin have often been able to trick Parker into doing their work for them Actually, he's both. KP is a strategic genius.

Flyattractor
What if it was Spider-Man vs Keystone or Central City?

Lord Feron
Spider-man would do well in a fight but the crazy plot stuff that batman has to deal with "making the hard decisions" Parker sometime just folds and does what the villain wants (then again he does some how make it work). I just think villians may not take him as seriously but after a few rounds with the gallery he should do just fine. Might need more resources like the batman but spidey is pretty resourceful.

SamZED
@ sam, Ivy has a lot more power than dock and more vines that can come from all directions. Spidey will have a hell of a time dodging all that. clayface could easily smother him before he gets his capsules off. i mean he did capture wonder woman and some of the league. I know she has more vines than Ock tentacles, I was comparing speed only. I still believe Spidey can manuever passed them without much trouble.
Dont think CF will get the chance, he's tagged WW but he's not WW fast. And dodging stuff is like Pete's main super power. big grin
But seriously, if he can dodge a few hundred hydra agents armed with machine guns, shooting at him from every direction and while carrying someone and while being inside a hanger he can dodge Ivy and Clayface.

Parmaniac
http://i42.tinypic.com/2v2tdav.jpg

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

godking
Originally posted by Mindset
Actually, he's both. KP is a strategic genius. Parker is smart but not a strategic genius. There are at least 10 guys on a short list that i would pick over Parker if i needed a strategist.

Parmaniac
clayface could easily smother him before he gets his capsules off. i mean he did capture wonder woman and some of the league. You act like this Clayface is the standard Batman villain Clayface, he's not and if we go and pick versions that suits or cases most, Spider-man chokes him out like Batman recently did in Batman - The Dark Knight.

Ledgic
@ sam, Ivy has a lot more power than dock and more vines that can come from all directions. Spidey will have a hell of a time dodging all that. clayface could easily smother him before he gets his capsules off. i mean he did capture wonder woman and some of the league.

Since I'm not well known, so I can't post links, YouTube "First Steps Part 3" Spectacular Spider-Man.

cdtm
He would rock them the same way Batman does, Spider-man has Sandman and Hydroman in his roster so facing someone like CF wouldn't something brand new to him.

PS to add this to my Grim Hunt post
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2131085.html

Bats struggles all the time with Poison Ivy. big grin

I think Scarecrow and Mr. Freeze would give him the most trouble in a fight.

But Joker would be the biggest overall problem. Beating him up isn't the problem with that character, as basically anyone could take him in a fight...

Katya
None on them are a physical threat to Spider-Man . He won't have too much trouble . Gotham's best chance might be Ivy if her pheromones can work on him .

cdtm
Originally posted by Katya
None on them are a physical threat to Spider-Man . He won't have too much trouble . Gotham's best chance might be Ivy if her pheromones can work on him .

Mr. Freezes tech is second only to Captain Colds.. He can flash freeze a bigger area than Spidey can dodge.

the ninjak
Absurd to believe that Batman's rogues gallery would give Spidey trouble on his best day.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by cdtm
Mr. Freezes tech is second only to Captain Colds.. He can flash freeze a bigger area than Spidey can dodge.

too bad captain cold sucks balls. Spidy would turn Gothom into the city that Batman has and could only dream about. a peaceful and crime free city.

gogogadgetgo
Now that I think about it, Batman is such a pussy that he can't even clean up his beloved city.

Slap on Wolverine in Gothom for a week and the city would be clean as a whistle free of crime.

Even Punisher would do a better job of cleaning Gothom up. All the criminals would be checking in at hell's hotel.

animale
I can see Peter doing well in Gotham City,while he's not such a detective he's smart,not overconfident like Bruce and started fighting crime when he was just a young nerd.

cdtm
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
too bad captain cold sucks balls.

eek!

SamZED
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Now that I think about it, Batman is such a pussy that he can't even clean up his beloved city.

Slap on Wolverine in Gothom for a week and the city would be clean as a whistle free of crime.

Even Punisher would do a better job of cleaning Gothom up. All the criminals would be checking in at hell's hotel.
Wolverine: Gotham is now crime free. You got a problem with that bub?
Mr. Freeze: *Gulp* No im cool.

laughing thumb up

Bouboumaster
Wolverine would do even better that Spider-Man. He'd go all lawnmower on the different gang's ass, and basically kill those deemed to crazy for rehabilitation.

Just think of that: Joker would last one issue.

Prep-Man
thats if wolverine could solve jokers crimes and find him. wolverine is a retard compared to batman. that and logan gets jokerized.

Bouboumaster
thats if wolverine could solve jokers crimes and find him. wolverine is a retard compared to batman. that and logan gets jokerized.

Wolverine would track him, with his supherhuman senses, beat the living shit out of Jocker's henchmen, survive everything Joker can throw at him, and then **** him up.
End of the issue.

In the next issue, he'd take both Bane and Killer Croc.

Prep-Man
joker has gotten around that type of tracking before and wolverine gets jokerized. id def like to see logans messed up smile ftw.

Bouboumaster
joker has gotten around that type of tracking before and wolverine gets jokerized. id def like to see logans messed up smile ftw.

Gas wouldn't work. What would work are Wolverine's blades in Joker's face.

SamZED
I remember Logan tracking down Mystic in less than 24 hours. And she left the continent without leaving a trace.

Prep-Man
I know Prometheus isn't a staple villain like Joker, but he'd more than likely defeat Peter or Logan in a prep style fight. He is overall smarter than Batman, scientifically

godking
I remember Logan tracking down Mystic in less than 24 hours. And she left the continent without leaving a trace. That only means that Wolverine can eventually track down the Joker.

That does not mean that wolverine can solve the crime and find joker in time to stop him.

Joker could easily kill thousands of people because Wolverine lacks the detective skills to stop him before executing his crime.

Kid Kurdy
Maybe, but sooner or later Wolverine will track down Joker, confront him and kill him.

RE: Blaxican
Logan doesn't care about any of those things much. Joker's a dead man either way, regardless of wither or not he kills people or not.

Stoic
That only means that Wolverine can eventually track down the Joker.

That does not mean that wolverine can solve the crime and find joker in time to stop him.

Joker could easily kill thousands of people because Wolverine lacks the detective skills to stop him before executing his crime.

I can somewhat see the relevance, but in the end, Wolverine would just chalk the death toll up as collateral damage. Now when he catches up to the Joker, and let's not kid ourselves, he will catch up to him. The Joker would be dead, cuz Wolverines the boss. I'm such a Wolverine fanboy this week, after seeing the damage he took off of that ersatz Thor.

New Avengers 21 is good stuff.

Ledgic
I know Prometheus isn't a staple villain like Joker, but he'd more than likely defeat Peter or Logan in a prep style fight. He is overall smarter than Batman, scientifically

I'm actually pretty convinced Parker is smarter than Bruce scientifically as well

Prep-Man
Maybe, but Prometheus's gear (with prep) is insane.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
I can somewhat see the relevance, but in the end, Wolverine would just chalk the death toll up as collateral damage. Now when he catches up to the Joker, and let's not kid ourselves, he will catch up to him. The Joker would be dead, cuz Wolverines the boss. I'm such a Wolverine fanboy this week, after seeing the damage he took off of that ersatz Thor.

New Avengers 21 is good stuff.

With one sided prep, maybe. If Joker knows he's on his tail, he would play with him.

Kid Kurdy
With one sided prep, maybe. If Joker knows he's on his tail, he would play with him.
Yes.

For a while.

After that: snikt !

Prep-Man
IMO, Joker is smart enough to be one step ahead of him.

Stoic

No he wouldn't, this has little to do with smarts, and much to do with senses. Logan would likely be where the Joker was going, and lie in wait until he got there, and then its....

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
Yes.

For a while.

After that: snikt !

Prep-Man
Not if Joker doesn't want to be found. He's smarter than Logan and would be one step ahead, IMO. In terms of Batman, Joker wants to be found. Not the case with Logan.

animale
I think Joker would send wave after wave of his goons just to see what Wolverine is capable of,then he'll set a trap and will exploit Logan's superhuman senses like any human with a IQ higher than 20 would do.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by animale
I think Joker would send wave after wave of his goons just to see what Wolverine is capable of,then he'll set a trap and will exploit Logan's superhuman senses like any human with a IQ higher than 20 would do.

then after thats said and done.. Sninkt!

petty criminals dead
mob bosses dead
crazy ass criminals dead
joker dead
every other criminal dead

gothom = one safe city

Kid Kurdy
Again: for a while.

Wolverine isn't stupid and he's an excellent tracker.

For some reason I find it hard to believe it will take him very long to pick up the trail of a loud, colourful psychotic clown.

Bouboumaster
Joker, one morning would wake up, and tell himself: "Shit, what am I doing!? I don't have any henchmen anymore, the crazy little canadian runt killed everybody!
Shit, I get out of here!"

Then, in the shadow, a voice would be heard: "You can run, but you cannot hide, bub!"

Two seconds later, the Clown Prince of Crime would be dead.
Next come Bane and Killer Croc, at the same time.
Seriously, the only one who'd pose a problem would be Clayface, and I'm pretty sure Wolverine would find a way to beat him at the end.

BUSTER1

Why would nobody fearing Spiderman be an issue, it doesn't stop him from cleaning up. If anything it would work to his advantage.
Picture the scene. Spiderman crashes through the skylight of a warehouse where a drug deal is taking place. There are mobsters present. One of them shouts "Is that the batm.. no it s some litle guy in a red and blue suit. Ha lets waste this piece of crap" Everyone then opens fire and are shocked to see SPiderman not only dodge with ease but make jokes while he's doing it, and smash his way through them. As the most senior crook jumps into his car to get away, he is astonished to see Spider man land by the car then flip it on its roof, without any real effort. He then rips the door off, drags the mobster out and says "Hi nice to meet you, my name is Spiderman " to the terrified mobster, before webbing them all up. Pete notifies the police and leaves a note "courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Spiderman"
Although Spiderman has a far less menacing demeanor than Batman, crooks would soon become scared of him.
As for Batman's fear factor, criminals must surely be aware of the fact that he doesn't kill. If crooks are petrified of someone who is obviously too decent to murder even the most deserving scumbags, in Batman, why would they not be scared of Spiderman, who is equally as unwilling to use lethal force but has far greater physical prowess..

SamZED
Spider-man can be more intimidating than Batman if he's pushed too far. :-D

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5881/tasm645004.th.jpghttp://img577.imageshack.us/img577/7829/tasm645005.th.jpghttp://img831.imageshack.us/img831/4003/tasm645013.th.jpghttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2396/tasm645014.th.jpghttp://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3038/tasm645015.th.jpghttp://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3420/tasm645016.th.jpghttp://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5750/tasm645017.th.jpghttp://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4200/tasm645018.th.jpghttp://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3281/tasm645019.th.jpghttp://img542.imageshack.us/img542/2759/tasm645022.th.jpg

JayDaDon
Gas wouldn't work. What would work are Wolverine's blades in Joker's face.

laughing out loud thumb up

Prep-Man
Again: for a while.

Wolverine isn't stupid and he's an excellent tracker.

For some reason I find it hard to believe it will take him very long to pick up the trail of a loud, colourful psychotic clown.

You'd be surprised. Joker is also excellent in disguise and obviously he's not a fighter. He'll just send his goons and run away. Again and again and again,

BUSTER1
You'd be surprised. Joker is also excellent in disguise and obviously he's not a fighter. He'll just send his goons and run away. Again and again and again,

Disguise won't hide Joker from Logan's sense of smell. He is a dead man.

Prep-Man
His sense of smell has his limits, but like i said before, Joker has baffled guys with great senses before. He can do so again.

BUSTER1
His sense of smell has his limits, but like i said before, Joker has baffled guys with great senses before. He can do so again.

Fair enough, how did he manage these feats?

Prep-Man
By throwing them off. If Joker is miles away, hell, he could be in another town, etc... make one of his henchmen's do his dirty work. Logan, sees, smells, etc..., but the Joker is actually in another place. Misdirection. Joker is actually really smart, a mini genius. Like I said before, he has gave Batman hell and many times the only reason he's made himself KNOWN, was because he wants to.

JakeTheBank
Seriously, Joker isn't staying away from Logan indefinitely.

Prep-Man
If Logan had teleportation/super speed, than I would agree. wink

JakeTheBank
If Logan had teleportation/super speed, than I would agree. wink

He doesn't need them.

Really, I'm far from a Wolverine supporter or anything, but he's a great hunter/tracker. He doesn't need to be the World's Greatest Detective to find Joker and ultimately kill him.

gogogadgetgo
By throwing them off. If Joker is miles away, hell, he could be in another town, etc... make one of his henchmen's do his dirty work. Logan, sees, smells, etc..., but the Joker is actually in another place. Misdirection. Joker is actually really smart, a mini genius. Like I said before, he has gave Batman hell and many times the only reason he's made himself KNOWN, was because he wants to.

so what if joker just keeps on sending his goons? they check in to gothom and never checks out coz they're all dead.

other joker goons would go, awwww shit...we're leaving. then joker gots no goons. and goes to town to get a pail of water, then he falls down and wolverine cuts his crown and place's joker's crown in the pail.

the end.

godking
Originally posted by Stoic

New Avengers 21 is good stuff. If thousands maybe millions die due to wolverine not being able to solve the crime fast enough but being able to eventually track down the Joker and kill him that is a BAD end result.

He would be run out of town and rightly so.

Kid Kurdy
I didn't know the Joker could teleport, or make himself invisible, or has access to apparantely ten thousands of goons.

But okay, fine by me. It will take Wolverine a day longer to finish the crazy clown.

Maybe two if he takes it easy.

Existere
You'd be surprised. Joker is also excellent in disguise and obviously he's not a fighter. He'll just send his goons and run away. Again and again and again, lol, Wolverine would kill Joker so fast it's stupid.

Serious talk, people.

leonidas
in a straight up battle someone is saying joker lasts more than 30secs with logan? blink

give joker prep and things could be different. straight up? joker is filleted in seconds. seriously.

Kid Kurdy
I agree. But isn't this about Spider-Man and Gotham City ? Spider-Man will handle it without too many problems.

I'd like to see, however, Batman face let's say The Sinister Six. That would be an interesting fight.

Also a very short one...

leonidas
I agree. But isn't this about Spider-Man and Gotham City ? Spider-Man will handle it without too many problems.

I'd like to see, however, Batman face let's say The Sinister Six. That would be an interesting fight.

Also a very short one...

yeah, bruce wouldn't fare too well against a lot of spidey guys unless he had some time to prep for them. and i agree--spidey would do just fine for the most part.

JayDaDon
If thousands maybe millions die due to wolverine not being able to solve the crime fast enough but being able to eventually track down the Joker and kill him that is a BAD end result.

Who would try and run wolverine out of town? It's not like he'd make a press conference announcing, "People of Gotham, Batman is gone, the city is now MY responsibility." The cops would probably just keep searching for the imfamous killer of all gotham's gangbangers without ever finding him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by leonidas
in a straight up battle someone is saying joker lasts more than 30secs with logan? blink

give joker prep and things could be different. straight up? joker is filleted in seconds. seriously.

I don't think anyone here said that. One sided prep, of course Logan could track him. If Joker knew he was coming, that's a different story.

godking
Who would try and run wolverine out of town? It's not like he'd make a press conference announcing, "People of Gotham, Batman is gone, the city is now MY responsibility." The cops would probably just keep searching for the imfamous killer of all gotham's gangbangers without ever finding him. Yes the cops and the public would turn against wolverine if he could'nt stop joker from killing thousands even if he hunted down joker and killed him.

You cant be a superhero without at least nominal support from the cops and the public.

Batman can do what he does in Gotham because the cops at the very least tacidly support him.

Unless wolverine is also going to take on the Gotham policeforce while fighting crime he is going to have to leave town.

leonidas
I don't think anyone here said that. One sided prep, of course Logan could track him. If Joker knew he was coming, that's a different story.

i was saying if neither had prep.

JayDaDon
Yes the cops and the public would turn against wolverine if he could'nt stop joker from killing thousands even if he hunted down joker and killed him.

You cant be a superhero without at least nominal support from the cops and the public.

Batman can do what he does in Gotham because the cops at the very least tacidly support him.

Unless wolverine is also going to take on the Gotham policeforce while fighting crime he is going to have to leave town.

Yes, but I'm saying wolverine is skilled enough to do what he has to do in Gotham without anyone even knowing he was there. That's most likely how he'd do it too. The police would find the bodies and know what was going on pretty quickly, but Logan's so good I don't even see the GCPD catching him, or even linking the murders to him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by leonidas
i was saying if neither had prep.

BTW, has anyone tried that? Tried to off Joker without his knowledge?

Bouboumaster
BTW, has anyone tried that? Tried to off Joker without his knowledge?

You know who would succeed?

Wolverine.

Prep-Man
Wolver who?

Bouboumaster
Wolver who?

Wolverine. You know, the dude that would absolutly trash pretty much the Bat-gallery in less than a month?

Dum Dum Dugan
Not if Joker doesn't want to be found. He's smarter than Logan and would be one step ahead, IMO. In terms of Batman, Joker wants to be found. Not the case with Logan.
Wolverine is extremely smart. Even if we assume joker smarter, what does that accomplish? nothing. Wolveirne thousand times the tracker and has superhuman sense capable of tracking people around the world. Joker is not getting away from him. the fact you think he is is down right laughable.

You'd be surprised.
At how ignorant you are? No, not at all this is pretty par for the course were your concerned.

Joker is also excellent in disguise

Yes and? Is this some type of joke? Wolverine has track mystique down under 9 hours when she was on the other side of the planet...............

and obviously he's not a fighter. He'll just send his goons and run away. Again and again and again,
What use are his goons going to be against Wolverine who destroys punks like them in the hundreds?

Finding Joker is not reaching those limits, not even close.

Really who were these guys with great senses that joker hid from?

Dum Dum Dugan
If thousands maybe millions die due to wolverine not being able to solve the crime fast enough but being able to eventually track down the Joker and kill him that is a BAD end result.
You do understand Wolverine does not need to "solve the crime". he can simply jsut track joker down and slaughter his ass. And tracking joker down would be a very achievable feat for Wolverine and would not take nearly the time your trying to suggest.

what?

Yes the cops and the public would turn against wolverine if he could'nt stop joker from killing thousands even if he hunted down joker and killed him.
Good thing Wolverine would have no trouble trakcing Joker down and killing him.

Thats not true at all. X-men and Punisher did it for years.

Were do you come up with this crap? You do understand Wolverine could remain complete hidden from the police easily if he wanted to right? Like do you even know who Wolverine is? because your statements don't suggest you do.

Starscream M
dum dum, you underestimate the joker.

joker is one of the smartest villains in all of comics, he would be ready for logan.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
dum dum, you underestimate the joker.

joker is one of the smartest villains in all of comics, he would be ready for logan.
I not understimating anything. Some of you are just down right stupid. You have DC supports strong ones i might add very much disagree with this notion that Joker will stay hidden from Wolverine.

There is some one being underestimated and it not joker.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
I not understimating anything. Some of you are just down right stupid. You have DC supports strong ones i might add very much disagree with this notion that Joker will stay hidden from Wolverine.

There is some one being underestimated and it not joker. can you use proper grammer...I can barely understand you erm

joker is one of the only beings who can give batman trouble...he knows how to phuck with minds and push buttons

logan has his own demons that joker wouldn't hesitate to exploit

Dum Dum Dugan
can you use proper grammer...I can barely understand you erm
Can you stop running away from battle zone and pretyt much being little turd 24/7?

joker is one of the only beings who can give batman trouble...he knows how to phuck with minds and push buttons

Why does giving batman trouble matter? Batman not Wolverine.

How does ****ing with someones mind going to help him from Wolveirne tracking him down and killing him?How he gunna **** with Wolverine mind? please enlighten me.

Even if joker was able to push Wolverine bottuns which is doubtful in it self before he dies. What do you think that will accomplish?

logan has his own demons that joker wouldn't hesitate to exploit
Please Wolverine seen worse shit then joker can think up. And please enlighten me on how jokler is going to exploit these demons? Honestly your just stating crap with out any logical reasoning for you arguements.

Starscream M
first of all, I doubt logan would ever be able to trace joker...as joker would be a few steps ahead of him always

logan's not the detective batman is

I could see joker phucking with logan (assuming he knew logan's background) by reminding him of his lost lovers and other stuff. but joker also knows logan isnt batman (ie logan would kill joker given the chance) hence joker would never allow logan to get close to him.

Bouboumaster

I could see joker phucking with logan (assuming he knew logan's background) by reminding him of his lost lovers and other stuff.

The last dude who tried this got his head removed. The difference is that Sabertooth can actually fight back.

At best, Joker can run, but Wolverine just track him down, and kill him. He can't be on the run forever... IF he can actually evade Wolverine, which it's not a good possibility.

Dum Dum Dugan
first of all, I doubt logan would ever be able to trace joker...as joker would be a few steps ahead of him always
Prove this. there no evidence to support that Wolverine can't track him.

Please riddle me how Joker is going to stay hidden from a perosn who can track people from accross the world?

logan's not the detective batman is
yes and? he doesent need to be. he significantly better tracker with super human sense capable of tracking people across the globe.

Your arguements as always fail hard.

I could see joker phucking with logan (assuming he knew logan's background) by reminding him of his lost lovers and other stuff.

And how would he do this again? And what would this accomplish?

but joker also knows logan isnt batman (ie logan would kill joker given the chance) hence joker would never allow logan to get close to him.

And how would he stop Wolverine from tracking him? the same Wolverine who track mystique in under 9 hours from the other side of the planet.....

Educate your self you fool.

Starscream M
joker could easily create multiple decoys with his scent and fool logan into deadly traps...if I can think of that, joker can think of far worse

Dum Dum Dugan
joker could easily create multiple decoys with his scent
Really prove it. lets see some evidences of these decoys with his scent. And who might these decoys have fooled?

You do realise Wolverine has picked out clones from the real things numerous times, let a lone some decoys. Like do you just enjoy reaching?

and fool logan into deadly traps.

Really wolverine jsut gunna walk into a trap? Are you kidding me? And how might Joker put Wolverine down assuming he could even get him to fall into one of these traps (which is far fetch to say the least)

..if I can think of that, joker can think of far worse
Really sounds like your pulling this crap out of your ass with no real evidence to support any of this. Par for the course it seems.

Starscream M
joker was smart enough to steal mr. Mxyzptlk's reality-altering power and becoming a god...is it that farfetched for him to trap a hairy, little canadian midget? erm

Dum Dum Dugan
joker was smart enough to steal mr. Mxyzptlk's reality-altering power and becoming a god...is it that farfetched for him to trap a hairy, little canadian midget? erm

Clearly it is since you can't back a single one of your claims up. Sweet red herring. Your such a tool it astounding your still around.

Prep-Man
Wolverine. You know, the dude that would absolutly trash pretty much the Bat-gallery in less than a month?

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell.

godking
You do understand Wolverine does not need to "solve the crime". he can simply jsut track joker down and slaughter his ass. And tracking joker down would be a very achievable feat for Wolverine and would not take nearly the time your trying to suggest.

what?

Good thing Wolverine would have no trouble trakcing Joker down and killing him.

Thats not true at all. X-men and Punisher did it for years.

Were do you come up with this crap? You do understand Wolverine could remain complete hidden from the police easily if he wanted to right? Like do you even know who Wolverine is? because your statements don't suggest you do. Yes he does have to solve the crime otherwise he is just another killer in the city.

Punisher was/is more or less tolerated by the police force because he made their job easier and because he was smart enough not to kill cops.

Wolverine killing joker but letting thousands die in the proces does not make their job easier.

And no if he stays in Gotham he cannot stay totally hidden from the cops forever while still ''fighting'' crime.

The police have to at the very minimum be indifferent to him for him to be able to succesfully operate in Gotham city.

Sin I AM
In the end imo, its not about the physicality but rather bruce's ability to instill fear in is enemies that makes him a beast in gotham. peter though resourcefula and powerful will not imo be able to deal with the types of traps and plots that batman normally faces...i mean some characters are able to pull off crimes from inside arkham. so what if spiderman can knock him out. you have to think about how dak and foreboding gotham is post-no mans land...the psychotic mind trip where everyone is pretty much disturbed will work on peters nature...

and its not just joker whos a strategic genius, u have riddler, al ghul, black mask, hugo strange, hush, tha mad hatter, scarecrow, etc...people who will kill just to get a point across. parker doesnt face that level of psychosis on a regular basis

Dum Dum Dugan
Yes he does have to solve the crime otherwise he is just another killer in the city.
he is a killer. There nothing to solve, Joker a bad guy he knows this. he does not need to wait to solve some crime, he can just track joker down and kill him. Not sure what so hard for you to understand.

Punisher was/is more or less tolerated by the police force because he made their job easier and because he was smart enough not to kill cops.

This is not really true at all. He had enitre unit of shield dedicated to the tracking him down as well as using local police before. So your argument is very much flawed.

Wolverine killing joker but letting thousands die in the proces does not make their job easier.

and why would he have to let thousands of people die in the proccess? your rational is silly. your just assuming thousands of people will die because of why?

And no if he stays in Gotham he cannot stay totally hidden from the cops forever while still ''fighting'' crime.

For starters he does not need to stay hidden for ever. he be able to take out most of Gothem villian within days.

Yes he can stay hidden from gothem cops. Not sure why your under this impression that common cops have any chance of locating Wolverine if he does not want to be found. But your dead wrong and I will gladly take this topic to a battlezone.

Wolverine has stayed completely hidden from Shield trying to track him down and you think common cops are going to be a problem?

The police have to at the very minimum be indifferent to him for him to be able to succesfully operate in Gotham city.
The police would not even know he was in gothem if he dident want them to know. There is zero evidence to support the cases that Wolverine needs any assistance from the police to due his thing.

Please tell me why on gods green earth does Wolverine need the police.

Dum Dum Dugan

and its not just joker whos a strategic genius, u have riddler, al ghul, black mask, hugo strange, hush, tha mad hatter, scarecrow, etc...people who will kill just to get a point across. parker doesnt face that level of psychosis on a regular basis

Are you fing kidding me? His villains will down right eat you and rip you apart at a seconds notice. Liek venom, carnage, vermin, lizard, puma ect. Your arguement is down right ridiculously inaccurate.

Sin I AM
Are you fing kidding me? His villains will down right eat you and rip you apart at a seconds notice. Liek venom, carnage, vermin, lizard, puma ect. Your arguement is down right ridiculously inaccurate.

u missed my argument entirely dum dum. I said they are strategic thinkers AND malicious...unlike spideys foes

Dum Dum Dugan
u missed my argument entirely dum dum. I said they are strategic thinkers AND malicious...unlike spideys foes
your arguement was not very clear and is still down right silly.

Green goblin (any incarnation), hob goblin, doc ock ect.

Even your revised argument fails.

JakeTheBank
People don't know who Spider-Man is apparently. Lol.

Sin I AM
your arguement was not very clear and is still down right silly.

Green goblin (any incarnation), hob goblin, doc ock ect.

Even your revised argument fails.

fails how? there is not alot of depth to the plot involving spidermans villians. for the most part they are simpletons, with a few exceptions, and Osborn has since elevated to an avenger level threat so i wouldnt even use him. Kinpin is more of a DD threat than spiderman anymore, Venom is a "good-guy", Electro sucks, Sandman sucks, Rhino jobs, Carnage is known for being a sadistic killer not a strategic tactical planner...the only ones id give u are Mr negative, mysterio and the chameleon and even then they are generally defeated quite easily without any civilian casualties

please enlighten me who is on the level of hush, ras al ghul, or joker?

JakeTheBank

The Jackal for one.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
People don't know who Spider-Man is apparently. Lol.
I know right.

Dum Dum Dugan
fails how? there is not alot of depth to the plot involving spidermans villians.

How havent you failed? I have easily counter every single one of your arguements. You have constantly display utter ignorance of spiderman oh and more over which one of your arguements have you prove? oh thats right none of them.

for the most part they are simpletons,

No there not at all and the ones that are which are by the way in the minority, are significantly more powerful then almost all of Batmans rogues.

with a few exceptions, and Osborn has since elevated to an avenger level threat so i wouldnt even use him.
of course you dont wanna use him he shits all over your rediculous arguements.

Oh so because he now a higher threat (through smarts by the way, the thing you keep trying to pretend spiderman villain dont have) we ignore his decades of appearances of being spidermans arch enemy? no ****ing of course we don't. the fact it shits on your arguement does not mean you can ignore it.

Kinpin is more of a DD threat than spiderman anymore,
Again how does that change the fact he was a villain of spidermans for years?

I dont get why you believe you can just ignore these things.

Venom is a "good-guy",
Again how does this change the fact for decades he was not a good guy?

I not sure why you think the fact the character has changed sides mean Spiderman experience with dealing with them some how magically disappears

Electro sucks, Sandman sucks, Rhino jobs,
and yet all three of them would likely tool most of batmans rogues.

Carnage is known for being a sadistic killer not a strategic tactical

Yes and? he vastly more powerful then 99% of batmans rogues.

planner...the only ones id give u are Mr negative, mysterio and the chameleon and even then they are generally defeated quite easily without any civilian casualties

And i care who you give me because? The fact your delusional moron does not change the fact your arguements are down right stupid. you have zero evidence. And you can simply ignore characters showing because you dislike the fact they shit on your arguements.

Oh and now the fact he beats guys fast means they should be ignored? Honestly looks like your arguements are "everything I don't like and destroys my feeble arguements are to be ignored"

In what? Most any of spiderman villains would stomp the utter shit out of them at once let a lone one on one.

Kid Kurdy
f.the only ones id give u are Mr negative, mysterio and the chameleon and even then they are generally defeated quite easily without any civilian casualties
Mr. Negative is actually really powerful. It will take the whole Batfamiliy and lots of prep to take him down.

Prep-Man
Nah, Batkick ftw. Or Batman solos. wink

Sin I AM

look you are not getting it. I never said batmans rogues are more powerful, i just said that OVERALL they are more cunning. its not that difficult a concept to grasp guy

Dum Dum Dugan
look you are not getting it. I never said batmans rogues are more powerful, i just said that OVERALL they are more cunning. its not that difficult a concept to grasp guy
I know what your arguement is. You keep trying to revises it as you get shot down. You are pathetic. Face it, your arguement were shit, dont try to pretend it was me not getting it, i understood completely what you were attempt to argue. it was wrong and reeked of ignorance.

RE: Blaxican
^ Holy shit dude. haermm

Prep-Man

This is true. Prometheus himself would run circles around most if not all Spidey's gallery.

Parmaniac
This is true. Prometheus himself would run circles around most if not all Spidey's gallery. Based on?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>