Chronicles: telekinetic Andrew vs Young Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lilshogun
Both Andrew and Anakin were emotionally wreck and both had shown their dark side.

Andrew displayed some crazy telekinetic powers. IMO, he is the strongest between Steve and Matt. If Andrew knows of Teenage Anakin's abilty and his light saber, could he defeat him if Andrew was in Star Wars Universe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicle_(film)

marwash22
Andrew. flawless victory.

KingD19
Anakin gets crushed like that junker in the scrapyard.

Nephthys
How powerful is Andrew? Like, Tetsuo powerful or Jean Grey (not pheonix) powerful?

KingD19
Originally posted by Nephthys
How powerful is Andrew? Like, Tetsuo powerful or Jean Grey (not pheonix) powerful?

At their weakest, the guys were yanking teeth out of peoples mouths on accident because they couldn't control their strength. At their strongest they were hurling city buses through buildings and yanking choppers out of the sky. And while Steve(Black Guy) arguably had the most raw potential, Andrew(Bad Guy) practiced so much that he basically overshadowed both Steve and Matt.

Anakin stands absolutely no chance.

dadudemon

Glad you asked.

Cause I thought it was borderline Tetsuo powerful. He appeared to stop shotgun shells. That's not quite the tank shell stopping power of Tetsuo, but it is approaching those levels.

He could fly and could enhance his durability.

Anakin dies because Andrew squishes Anakin's brain. Andrew went into detail about being able to lasso a person's tooth, at the root, and pulling it out...while doing something similar to 2 other teeth, at the same time. He could also quickly pick up a deck of strewn cards and re-stack them very quickly. That's a level of TK precision not seen in the Star Wars movies. The closest "precision" TK stuff we saw was Anakin moving the fruit to Padme's mouth for a nom.

Nephthys
Originally posted by dadudemon
Glad you asked.

Cause I thought it was borderline Tetsuo powerful. He appeared to stop shotgun shells. That's not quite the tank shell stopping power of Tetsuo, but it is approaching those levels.

He could fly and could enhance his durability.

Hmm, I was thinking of making an Andrew vs Tesuo thread, but after watching a few AMVs by the sounds of it Andrew doesn't quite compare. Forget tank shells, Tetsuo blocks orbital bombardment at one point. And then flys up into space and smashes the satelite. After having his arm blown off.

no expression

Impediment
Andrew, easy.

Spite City.

marwash22
Hmm, I was thinking of making an Andrew vs Tesuo thread, but after watching a few AMVs by the sounds of it Andrew doesn't quite compare. Forget tank shells, Tetsuo blocks orbital bombardment at one point. And then flys up into space and smashes the satelite. After having his arm blown off.

no expression yup. Andrew wasn't on Tetsuo's level, but based on how things progressed, if he hadn't gone crazy, it's very likely that within a year of having his powers, he would've closed in on comic book telekinetic's.

Robtard
Despite Andrew's far impressive abilities, he's in no shape or form faster than Anakin nor does he have Battle-Precog.

Anakin wins, via first attack.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Despite Andrew's far impressive abilities, he's in no shape or form faster than Anakin nor does he have Battle-Precog.

Anakin wins, via first attack.

Reported.

Get off of Robtard's account, RJ. mad mad mad

The Big O
Originally posted by KingD19
"And while Steve(Black Guy) arguably had the most raw potential,..." Best part of the post. Also a true statement.

lilshogun
Andrew would be the new Seth Lord.

BruceSkywalker
Anakin via force choke.. big grin

KingD19
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Anakin via force choke.. big grin

Hahahahaha. Oh man, that was a good one. eek!

Thoren
What's a Seth lord?

RE: Blaxican

Anakin wins, via first attack. This is actually a really good point.

marwash22
no, it's not. not at all.

Oh right, todays opposite day.

marwash22
it's also jackass day if you think Anakin wins. Andrew's only power is tk and Anakin's main mode of attack is his lightsaber; Anakin draws his saber and dies a second later. Also, how in the hell is battle precog gonna help against someone crushing you with an invisible force? no expression

be serious.

Nephthys
Doesn't Andrew have enhanced durability?

Originally posted by marwash22
it's also jackass day if you think Anakin wins. Andrew's only power is tk and Anakin's main mode of attack is his lightsaber; Anakin draws his saber and dies a second later. Also, how in the hell is battle precog gonna help against someone crushing you with an invisible force? no expression

be serious. You think a man who could effortlessly crush steel robots by being upset can't do the same to a regular boy because..?

marwash22
...because, angry steel robot crushing boy never uses his force powers. You can't make a character act the way you want him to.

KingD19
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
You think a man who could effortlessly crush steel robots by being upset can't do the same to a regular boy because..?

You think boy who can chuck City Buses and fling cars around with ease can't effortlessly crush Anakin?

dadudemon
Doesn't Andrew have enhanced durability?

The voice of reason.

Guys...don't forget about this point. They were literally flying through downtown buildings like they were Styrofoam with barely any damage. They had force fields around their person but were still human.

Here's a good point, however: we cannot assume their TK works the same as the force. We must consider them separate systems. I don't think Andrew and co. can block force powers. So it becomes a problem of measuring who can kill the other more quickly.

I think Andrew does that and in spades.

Also, I think a better matchup for Andrew is Galen Marek. Galen has much more raw TK power but Andrew has much more precision power. Both could easily kill the other. AVF is what we need, bitches.

...because, angry steel robot crushing boy never uses his force powers. You can't make a character act the way you want him to.

Unless stated by the OP, PIS and CIS are off in all threads.

marwash22
ok, then Andrew snaps Anny's neck as soon as the fight starts. erm

the tk in Chronicle is entirely more effortless than force powers.

the tk in Chronicle is entirely more effortless than force powers. And you came to this conclusion based off of... ?

Robtard
ok, then Andrew snaps Anny's neck as soon as the fight starts. erm

the tk in Chronicle is entirely more effortless than force powers.

While Andrew could easily do that to Anakin, Anakin can just as easily do that to Andrew, just a matter of using his Force-TK around Andrew's neck and quickly applying pressure/force.

Guess who has super-human-like enhancements to their speed and reaction-time though? Exactly, Anakin wins via first attack.

NemeBro
Also, I think a better matchup for Andrew is Galen Marek. Wtf.

Nephthys
If Andrews no match for Tetsuo then he's no match for Marek. IMO.

While Andrew could easily do that to Anakin, Anakin can just as easily do that to Andrew, just a matter of using his Force-TK around Andrew's neck and quickly applying pressure/force.

Guess who has super-human-like enhancements to their speed and reaction-time though? Exactly, Anakin wins via first attack.

Again I am forced to point out Andrew's super-durability.

Andrew's super durability did shit all against the spear through the back. I really don't think it's going to save him from a crushed larynx.

KingD19
He didn't know about the spear. Their force fields were consciously activated.

And Anakin's Force Choke <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Andrew making his body implode or something.

KingD19
As soon as Andrew feels an invisible force squeezing his throat. He turns his force field on and he's fine. Then turns Anakin into a brooding, pulpy mass.

The Big O
Andrew didn't seem to mind killing people. That would lead me to believe that he would kill on site if someone came against him in a fight. I think Skywalker wouldn't be expecting something like that and wouldn't know what he'd have to prepare for that. That sounds like a win for Andrew.

I will say that I know next to nothing about Star Wars, so I know absolutely nothing about Skywalker's abilities and if he would be able to somehow get out of that predicament.

Nephthys
Skywalker has precognition, so he's unlikely to be surprised.

The Big O
Oh. Well I guess that takes care of that. But I'm big on Andrew's lack of morals in the killing department. He wouldn't try to drag this thing out. He's one of those "kill or be killed" people. He'd go all out from the start. But because I know nothing about Skywalker, I don't think I can judge this fight fairly.

KingD19
The simple fact is, Jedi Pre-cog is limited at best to fighting and deflecting blaster bolts. Anakin's pre-cog and Force TK won't help him against Andrew in the slightest.

The Big O
Are you saying that if Andrew came at the Star Wars kid from all angles and side, he'd be too overwhelmed to defend himself?

KingD19
I'm saying that if Andrew came at him straight ahead, he wouldn't be able to do anything aside from knowing that Andrew was about to attack him. Jedi were struggling against each other with their own TK, and Force TK is far below what Andrew was displaying.

So it's basically. Anakin running at him with a saber, or maybe trying to use Force Push. Then Andrew laughs at him and crushes him to powder, or blasts him across the county or something.

There's literally nothing Anakin can do, and if Andrew can outright stop a baseball flying at his face when they were just getting their abilities under control, then he'll have no problem stopping a glowing sword in it's tracks.

The Big O
Interesting.

NemeBro
Anakin held the ship he was in together when he landed it in Revenge of the Sith. big grin

Nephthys
No he didn't.

The Big O
But Andrew DID create a lightning storm with just TK. Wasn't that awesome on a stick link-rape

marwash22
Skywalker has precognition, so he's unlikely to be surprised. have you even seen star wars? lol. you're making it seems like Anakin can see the future which isn't the case.

NemeBro
have you even seen star wars? lol. you're making it seems like Anakin can see the future which isn't the case. I guess I must have imagined it when Anakin saw his mother and Padme's death. smile

Robtard

Again I am forced to point out Andrew's super-durability.

Andrew's protection only worked against physical attacks and only when he was aware of the coming attack, eg spear through the back killed him.

Again I am forced to point out that Anakin wins via first attack with the Force(snapped neck). He's far faster and has reflexes above and beyond Andrew, who is just human is these regards.

KingD19
So two guys start off facing each other, and Anakin tries to Force Choke Andrew. Then Andrew blasts him.

Because even as long as Anakin was choking Padme, she would have been fine if she hadn't given up on living.

His reflexes aren't faster than Andrew's mind, as he doesn't need to move to use his powers.

Robtard
Glad you admit Anakin would get first attack considering his superior abilities. Anakin need only use his mind for the Force; he also has precog working for him here.

Why are you limiting Anakin to just choking though? The Force can be used to move/manipulate tons of weight, it would take less than a second and a mere fraction of his full potential to break a human's neck with it.

KingD19
Based on his feats shown, his Force TK wasn't all that. His biggest feat being the feedback explosion between him and Obi-Wan that blew them across the room. And even as Vader, the most he showed was Force Choke. Not Grip or Crush...Choke. We go by feats shown. So while Dooku or Yoda or Palpatine could easily break a neck shown by their feats, Anakin can't because he didn't show the potential.

Andrew on the other hand can chuck buses and rip helicopters out of flight. A simple glance at Anakin will have him stuck and he needs gestures to use his TK, Andrew doesn't.

Also, if Choke is the first thing Anakin tries, Andrew will beat him off the draw. The time it takes to raise his hand is more than it takes for Andrew to look at him.

Robtard
LoL, the one-sided limiting is asinine in here. Anakin is one of the most powerful in Force potential as stated. CIS/PIS is turned off in these matches.

But if you're going to limit, when did Andrew instant "crush" someone to death?

I had a feeling Andrew would be the next "BALLS DEEP" character in here; add him to the list of Hit-Girl and Thor.

Anakin effortlessly crushed futuristic steel robots andsteel plating to tin-cans and was literally shaking the foundations of a skyscraper, just by being upset, at the end of Return of the Sith. He wasn't even aware he was doing it. Even if he hadn't, it's really not hard to understand that if you can apply enough force with a force push to send a 150 pond man flying back twenty feet, applying that same force to someone's neck would snap it.

Can we please tone down the Andrew wanking retardation in this thread?

KingD19
I'm not limiting anything. I'm just saying that you're giving Anakin feats he doesn't have. His TK wasn't that powerful at all, only Dooku, Yoda, and Palpatine did anything remarkable. Everyone else just pushed Droids around or opened doors. He does have the Force Crush scene at the end of RotS, I forgot about that. But that was him channeling all his rage and dark side force energy when he found out Padme was dead. He never showed power like that before or after in the movies. He did do it though so it stands to reason it's a possibility.

And Andrew picked a spider apart. That coupled with the fact that he can muster enough force to launch city buses(google says 30,000lbs and another thing says 5 to 7 tons). And yank choppers out of the sky, and push back several cars with one huge TK wave. It stands to reason if he wanted he could pull a person apart in the same way, or crush them like he crushed that car in the junkyard.

It's much easier to crush a person than it is a steel car.

Robtard
You are in fact limiting Anakin while giving it all to Andrew:

A person is not a spider. Why are you not applying the same strict 'shown feats only' to Andrew as you are Anakin?

Just as you use "reason" to say Andrew could crush or rip-apart a person because of his powers(which he could), use the same reason to say Anakin could easily snap a neck with the Force, cos he obviously could. Don't be biased.

Indeed. If Andrew could effortlessly rip people to shreds or crush them, why even bother tossing them around, like he did with those thugs, or try to toss his dad out a window, instead of just splattering him?

Well he never crushed someone in the movie so I guess he lacks the ability to do so. roll eyes (sarcastic)

edit- And as for the whole "he wasn't consciously aware of the spear so his shields weren't up!" argument, that's bullshit. The man was surrounded on all sides by cops and swat teams who all had their guns pointed at him and wanted to kill his ass. And he was staring them in the face, and screaming at them. Why would his shields be down?

Furthermore if the man can throw up some invulnerable shield, why did he feel the need to point the shotgun away at the gas station, instead of just letting them bounce off of him?

Nephthys
have you even seen star wars? lol. you're making it seems like Anakin can see the future which isn't the case.

no expression

Yes, you can be pretty sure I've seen Star Wars. That would be why I've been posting in the Star Wars section for 5 years you asinine boob.

NemeBro
How close are Anakin and Andrew starting off?

Because depending on the answer, it is well within Anakin's capabilities to rush Andrew and cut his head off before Andrew can do anything.

ares834
have you even seen star wars? lol. you're making it seems like Anakin can see the future which isn't the case.

Have you seen Star Wars? Because that is exactly the case.

"He (Anakin) can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait."

marwash22
Originally posted by NemeBro
I guess I must have imagined it when Anakin saw his mother and Padme's death. smile Originally posted by Nephthys
no expression

Yes, you can be pretty sure I've seen Star Wars. That would be why I've been posting in the Star Wars section for 5 years you asinine boob. Originally posted by ares834
Have you seen Star Wars? Because that is exactly the case.

"He (Anakin) can see things before they happen. That's why he appears to have such quick reflexes. It is a Jedi trait." hilarious.

i guess Anny wins via seeing into the future and somehow keeps Andrew from killing him in 1 of 100 possible ways with his completely invisible tk powers.

sure.

NemeBro
Glad you agree.

dadudemon
Wtf.

Quote the rest of the post. Then quote other posts I have made in this thread that run parallel to that point in the rest of that post.

Nice try, but you'll have to do better than elementary trolling to get me. uhuh

Andrew blinks and Anakin becomes meat paste. Andrew pauses to observe the pile of meat paste because he thinks someone may have grabbed his throat but can't be sure because the feeling is barely there.

NemeBro
The rest was not important.

hilarious.

i guess Anny wins via seeing into the future and somehow keeps Andrew from killing him in 1 of 100 possible ways with his completely invisible tk powers.

sure. The force isn't invisible!

Stay in the comic book vs. section Marwash. You're outclassed here. uhuh

- - -

I refuse to rise to The Plague's devil's advocate antagonizations.

marwash22
reading comprehension fail.

Nope, your argument just sucks and is illogical.

marwash22
your face is illogical. ahah

Robtard
Robtard was the first to logically conclude and show why Anakin wins here. Glad everyone is finally on board and it only took 4 pages.

Robtard wins; flawless victory.

Your concept was good but the execution weak; typical of your race.

It took my consolidation of your statement to turn your victory into a reality, my son.

marwash22
both of you are delusional.

Only if delusional is some kind of black slang for empirically ingenious.

Robtard
Your concept was good but the execution weak; typical of your race.

It took my consolidation of your statement to turn your victory into a reality, my son.

ie you swung from my nuts after the battle was won. I don't mind.

dadudemon
The rest was not important.

Which is why your troll attempt failed.

It's okay: you'll "get 'em" next time, sport.

Note: It took 4 pages to talk about nothing because the thread was over after the 6th post.

Robtard

Note: It took 4 pages to talk about nothing because the thread was over after the 6th post.

Incorrect.

Post 2-9 contained various forms of Andrew masturbatory post which completely ignored the fact that Anakin despite being weaker in telekensis has enough power/skill to one-shot Andrew and the blatantly obvious that Anakin is FAR faster on the attack. Which is what post 10 clearly pointed out.

eg Andrew is a man holding a high-yield rocket-launcher and Anakin is an incredibly fast man holding a pistol; while the launcher is far more destruction, Andrew still dies from being shot first with the pistol. /facts

marwash22
we're wanking Andrew, meanwhile, Rob has Anakin moving at speeds that humans can't track; he's also completely disregarding Anny's character. lol.

One day you'll possess grade school level reading comprehension, and you too will realize that it's been stated several times in this thread that CIS is off. uhuh

Furthermore, lul ignoring character. If we're not to ignore character, when did Andrew ever "crush" someone in the movie?

Oh right, he never did. He tossed people around and that's it. So outright killing someone with his powers wouldn't be "in character" for him at all.

marwash22
CIS doesn't allow you to script fights. All it means is that the characters refrain from being stupid... it's not bloodlust.

but whatever, even if we play along with your suggestions that Anakin goes for the force choke immediately, there's the simple fact that Star wars characters can't even defend against force powers, which are far weaker than the tk in Chronicle. So, even if by some miracle Anakin gets the first attack, Andrew has an actual defense... which, according to your CIS bullshit, is automatically activated because it would be STUPID for it not to be.

Anny goes for a force choke and it's negated by Andrew's shield... Anny dies. done.
Furthermore, lul ignoring character. If we're not to ignore character, when did Andrew ever "crush" someone in the movie?

Oh right, he never did. He tossed people around and that's it. So outright killing someone with his powers wouldn't be "in character" for him at all. Riiiiight, 'cause he didn't try to kill his dad. m'kay.

What defense is that? The same defense that failed to protect him from a spear in the back or a bullet to the hand?

I'll point out, for the third time now, that Anakin effortlessly imploded steel robots and shook the foundations of a futuristic skyscraper in the process, just by being unhappy. His "shield" is going to do shit all against a crushed larynx.

edit- He tried to kill his Dad by crushing him?

Oh wait he tried to toss him off a building. haermm

marwash22
*sigh*

deuces.

Word my neezy. Or... whatever you kids say these days.

Robtard
we're wanking Andrew, meanwhile, Rob has Anakin moving at speeds that humans can't track; he's also completely disregarding Anny's character. lol.

Strawman, my argument is that Anakin can attack first cos of his Force-enhanced speed and agility, which is a common Jedi/Sith trait.

He does; he wins.

NemeBro
Which is why your troll attempt failed.

It's okay: you'll "get 'em" next time, sport. I wasn't trolling you.

I was expressing disbelief at you thinking that a fight between Andrew or Galen Marek could be anything but "Galen Marek compresses his body into a marble", or some variation of horrible stomp.

Also:

b-iHuz-mpq4

Notice the Force speed Qui-Gon and a younger Obi display at about ten seconds in.

Yeah, Anakin could literally bumrush Andrew with his saber alone and win.

Robtard
Andrew could possibly beat Anakin in a match of who is the bigger whiny emo.

NemeBro
Don't bury me ****er. estahuh

I wasn't trolling you.

I was expressing disbelief at you thinking that a fight between Andrew or Galen Marek could be anything but "Galen Marek compresses his body into a marble", or some variation of horrible stomp.

Also:

b-iHuz-mpq4

Notice the Force speed Qui-Gon and a younger Obi display at about ten seconds in.

Robtard
LoL, Black-people.

dadudemon
I wasn't trolling you.

Also:

b-iHuz-mpq4

It's okay: you can troll me. I can take it. I won't report it. no expression

I guess you forgot about the part where Andrew could do the same exact thing to Galen but with much more precision?

You have not seen Chronicle if you think your video/point does anything to change the fact that Anakin dies horribly in this match-up.

Edit - For you Anakin fanboys, you may want to grab some tissues because the tears will flow after watching this video:

u1WZ9Smb5YI

Yes, that's right, Andrew can shoot Anakin with a TK gun. erm

Please observe Andrew flying through solid buildings at around

28 seconds to 32 seconds:

j90f_COorV4

Yes, Andrew's durability is quite strong.

Observe that Andrew can combat people, much more powerful in TK than Anakin, by just stopping their TK. Not sure if that would translate to the force....that would be up to the OP. I vote that those forces be separate.

Nephthys
In the novelisation Galen creates an artificial hurricane at one point. no expression

I am not shitting you. He would destroy Andrew.

dadudemon
In the novelisation Galen creates an artificial hurricane at one point. no expression

I am not shitting you. He would destroy Andrew.

I am very glad I did not read the novel. The games are all I want to go by for an AVF thread (if we could make one).

When the **** did force users become Storm? I am okay with Luke resisting "black hole" forces. He's Luke...what Anakin could have been had he realized his potential.

Galen creating a hurricane? There's just so much mass involved with the air and moisture that it is stupid even compared to force pulling a star destroyer out of the sky.

But, no, I still think Andrew would make short work of Galen. Even if you consider Galen can force TK hurricanes into existence. I already explained why, too.

Robtard

I guess you forgot about the part where Andrew could do the same exact thing to Galen but with much more precision?

You have not seen Chronicle if you think your video/point does anything to change the fact that Anakin dies horribly in this match-up.

Edit - For you Anakin fanboys, you may want to grab some tissues because the tears will flow after watching this video:

u1WZ9Smb5YI

Yes, that's right, Andrew can shoot Anakin with a TK gun. erm

Please observe Andrew flying through solid buildings at around

28 seconds to 32 seconds:

j90f_COorV4

Yes, Andrew's durability is quite strong.

Observe that Andrew can combat people, much more powerful in TK than Anakin, by just stopping their TK. Not sure if that would translate to the force....that would be up to the OP. I vote that those forces be separate.

At no point has anyone argued that Andrew doesn't have massive raw potential.

He's still slower; ergo he loses to Anakin's first attack.

Nephthys
I am very glad I did not read the novel. The games are all I want to go by for an AVF thread (if we could make one).

When the **** did force users become Storm? I am okay with Luke resisting "black hole" forces. He's Luke...what Anakin could have been had he realized his potential.

Galen creating a hurricane? There's just so much mass involved with the air and moisture that it is stupid even compared to force pulling a star destroyer out of the sky.

But, no, I still think Andrew would make short work of Galen. Even if you consider Galen can force TK hurricanes into existence. I already explained why, too.

Lol, he basically just Force Pushed everything away in a way that makes all other Force Pushes look like flabby, flaccid willies.

Of course you could argue its just hyperbole, but he still did it against hundreds of battle droids and created a 'dark cloud over the landscape', so add that to the amount of mass. He also destroys a superstructure that extends into space by creating telekinetic earthquakes in the supports. That book is insane.

marwash22
At no point has anyone argued that Andrew doesn't have massive raw potential.

He's still slower; ergo he loses to Anakin's first attack. Anakin's first attack would be rushing toward Andrew with his saber. please show an example of Anny using force powers at the start of a fight. Your point would only be valid if the OP said this was strictly a tk/force battle... even then, you'd still have to stop ignoring that Andrew has defense.

Robtard
Anakin's first attack would be rushing toward Andrew with his saber. please show an example of Anny using force powers at the start of a fight. Your point would only be valid if the OP said this was strictly a tk/force battle... even then, you'd still have to stop ignoring that Andrew has defense.

CIS/PIS is off; it would be stupid for Anakin to try that, unless they're close at the start, then Anakin could draw/ignite/dash/slash Andrew before he gets off an attack.

No, not ignoring that Andrew showed defenses, mainly from physical attacks. What you're ignoring is that he'll be dead or dying before he can raise them.

ergo, Anakin wins via first attack either way, long starting battle with THE FORCE. Close starting battle with sabre. win/win

marwash22
CIS/PIS is off; it would be stupid for Anakin to try that, unless they're close at the start, then Anakin could draw/ignite/dash/slash Andrew before he gets off an attack.

No, not ignoring that Andrew showed defenses, mainly from physical attacks. What you're ignoring is that he'll be dead or dying before he can raise them.

ergo, Anakin wins via first attack either way, long starting battle with THE FORCE. Close starting battle with sabre. win/win Originally posted by marwash22
So, even if by some miracle Anakin gets the first attack, Andrew has an actual defense... which, according to your CIS bullshit, is automatically activated because it would be STUPID for it not to be.

ahah

Robtard
So, even if by some miracle Anakin gets the first attack, Andrew has an actual defense... which, according to your CIS bullshit, is automatically activated because it would be STUPID for it not to be.

ahah

"Already activated" is you giving Andrew prep before the battle, which is the only way he might win here. With prep.

Anakin wins the thread fight; he might lose the one-sided prep nonsense being tried now.

Also, when did Andrew stop The Force with his powers? Pretty sure that "shield" was good at physical attacks to some extent.

marwash22
brah, c'mon. His shield is activated by thought.

OOOOOOOOOOH SHIT, ANAKIN IS FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF THOUGHT!!!!!! ZOMG!

Robtard
brah, c'mon. His shield is activated by thought.

OOOOOOOOOOH SHIT, ANAKIN IS FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF THOUGHT!!!!!! ZOMG!

Brah, c'mon, Anakin's Force attacks are activated by thought.

You're just going to assume Andrew is faster at thinking than Anakin, a guy who can block multiple blaster-bolts at close range?

Also:

when did Andrew stop The Force with his powers? Pretty sure that "shield" was good at physical attacks to some extent.

marwash22
That's not what I'm claiming. I'm saying that Anakin has to think about force choking Andrew, then actually raise his hand to do so. Meanwhile, Andrew has to think about a shield being around his body... which do you think is faster? So, even if Anakin manages to choke Andrew first, Andrew's shield is will be active... unless you're claiming that Anakin can MOVE HIS ARM faster than the speed of thought.

As for the second part, are you asking me when Andrew stopped tk, with his own tk? If so, i don't recall that ever happening in the movie... HOWEVER, In order for Anakin to choke Andrew, his force power has to go around his neck like an invisible set of hands. If Andrew has his shield up, it's the exact same thing as being protected from someone trying to physically crush his throat.

So yeah, Anakin tries to choke Andrew, it doesn't work, Andrew chokes Anakin, it does work.

Robtard
That's not what I'm claiming. I'm saying that Anakin has to think about force choking Andrew, then actually raise his hand to do so. Meanwhile, Andrew has to think about a shield being around his body... which do you think is faster? So, even if Anakin manages to choke Andrew first, Andrew's shield is will be active... unless you're claiming that Anakin can MOVE HIS ARM faster than the speed of thought.

As for the second part, are you asking me when Andrew stopped tk, with his own tk? If so, i don't recall that ever happening in the movie... HOWEVER, In order for Anakin to choke Andrew, his force power has to go around his neck like an invisible set of hands. If Andrew has his shield up, it's the exact same thing as being protected from someone trying to physically crush his throat.

No he does not, the Force isn't dependent of hands and such, you're limiting the guy. Not choke, crush his throat or snap his neck, the Force can be used to manipulate tons of weight, a throat will be an afterthought.

So Andrew ever stopped an non-physical attack and some physical attacks still got through his "shield". The Force isn't physical, ergo, there's no basis to say Andrew's shield would stop it, no more than saying Anakin could stop Andrew's powers, as they're not the Force.

Andrew dies before he knows what is happening.

marwash22
...the phuck? no expression

When has anyone ever used the force without using their hands? Even Yoda, who is supposedly league above Anakain, used his hands to stop objects. But even if that is technically true, only things seen on screen count, so you need to reference the instance. Also, you need to show Anakin crushing something instantaneously to prove that he can kill Andrew before he thinks about raising his shield.

The way you're pumping up Anakin, we need to get him in a thread against Tetsuo or Phoenix from x-men.

dadudemon
He's still slower; ergo he loses to Anakin's first attack.

In order for your point to be correct, they'd have to start very close together with Anakin having his saber at the ready to strike when the fight starts.

Is that how the thread conditions have this matched up? If so, I will concede. I don't remember reading that but I do forget.

Lol, he basically just Force Pushed everything away in a way that makes all other Force Pushes look like flabby, flaccid willies.

Of course you could argue its just hyperbole, but he still did it against hundreds of battle droids and created a 'dark cloud over the landscape', so add that to the amount of mass. He also destroys a superstructure that extends into space by creating telekinetic earthquakes in the supports. That book is insane.

I'd never deny a feat if it happened in "canon EU" materials. I would just be quick to reject it in vs. threads.

Making hurricanes with a force push is a bit over the top. Destroying space-needles (literal space towers) seems like it would be worse because he did it by moving a tectonic plate (apparently).

Anakin's first attack would be rushing toward Andrew with his saber. please show an example of Anny using force powers at the start of a fight. Your point would only be valid if the OP said this was strictly a tk/force battle... even then, you'd still have to stop ignoring that Andrew has defense.

I'm okay with turning off PIS/CIS. Anakin will use a best attack when the fight starts. That would probably be a saber throw or a force jump-strike.

Nephthys
I'd never deny a feat if it happened in "canon EU" materials. I would just be quick to reject it in vs. threads.

Making hurricanes with a force push is a bit over the top. Destroying space-needles (literal space towers) seems like it would be worse because he did it by moving a tectonic plate (apparently).

Whoops, I didn't mean an actual earthquake. Sorry, I worded that badly. He felt the miniscule cracks in the base of the 'sky hook' (yeah, basically space-needle) and then created a quake inside the supports i.e. the base of the structure, 'shaking' it apart.

dadudemon
Whoops, I didn't mean an actual earthquake. Sorry, I worded that badly. He felt the miniscule cracks in the base of the 'sky hook' (yeah, basically space-needle) and then created a quake inside the supports i.e. the base of the structure, 'shaking' it apart.

That's some "Shatterpoint" sh*t right there. hmm

Nephthys

Robtard
...the phuck? no expression

When has anyone ever used the force without using their hands? Even Yoda, who is supposedly league above Anakain, used his hands to stop objects. But even if that is technically true, only things seen on screen count, so you need to reference the instance. Also, you need to show Anakin crushing something instantaneously to prove that he can kill Andrew before he thinks about raising his shield.

The way you're pumping up Anakin, we need to get him in a thread against Tetsuo or Phoenix from x-men.

When newly made Vader screamed and destroyed shit all around him. That would be the phuck you're asking about.

NemeBro

Well no, he couldn't, because powerful Jedi and Sith have sophisticated telekinetic shields, as shown by Vader when Galen Marek's clone vaporises a forest and it does... Nothing to Vader.

It also doesn't mean shit when Galen not only has much better reaction-time than Andrew, but unlike movie Anakin, he also backs that up with much greater telekinetic power.

Precision and skill mean nothing in the face of vastly greater raw power. The strength to make all tactics useless. Strength absolute. Boners.

Please do not delve into SW EU debates. It is a horrible, awful place, where Obi-Wan has mach 1,000 reaction-time, and Force wielders can live cities.

You already admitted that were this fight to start with them close (And IIRC that is the norm when not specified, though I may be confusing KMC with another forum), Anakin would cut his head off. So... Yeah.

None of this means anything.

marwash22
When newly made Vader screamed and destroyed shit all around him. That would be the phuck you're asking about. so, this fight starts with them 6 inches away from each other?

k, Anakin wins.

dadudemon
Well no, he couldn't, because powerful Jedi and Sith have sophisticated telekinetic shields, as shown by Vader when Galen Marek's clone vaporises a forest and it does... Nothing to Vader.

Here's the problem: Galen is not Vader and Vader is not Galen. Hell, even Galen is not Galen in the example you used. no expression

Your point is irrelevant and invalid.

It also doesn't mean shit when Galen not only has much better reaction-time than Andrew, but unlike movie Anakin, he also backs that up with much greater telekinetic power.

Reaction time doesn't mean sh*t in that match-up. As fact, Andrew is much more precise with his TK than Galen. He's every bit as instant with the delivery of his TK as any force user. The most precise Galen was with TK was when he put together his lightsaber with his eyes closed. Impressive, sure...but no where near the "just started using these powers" levels Andrew showed when building with legos (lol!).

Precision and skill mean nothing in the face of vastly greater raw power. The strength to make all tactics useless. Strength absolute. Boners.

That's not correct, at all. That statement is quite stupid, actually. uhuh

Please do not delve into SW EU debates. It is a horrible, awful place, where Obi-Wan has mach 1,000 reaction-time, and Force wielders can live cities.

On the contrary, please do not delve into the EU where there are hundreds of contradictory things to contemplate and waaaaay overblown wankery going on.

To Obi-wan's reaction time: a complete sh*t calculation based off of a single exaggerated sentence. Or did you think I was not aware of the OBD b.s.? TBH, I had no idea that the OBD was a repository for the narutoforum arugments/debates.

He was running on some "girders","rafters", or support beams. The "shield" reference was not literal, even in the slightest. Even the idea that 10,000 droids were present in that very some "room" is not correct.

This is what happens when you teach extreme nerds basic math: this is why we can't have "nice things".

Additionally, here's the canon version of the fight (yes, the novelization version can be immediately discarded because...it's not correct if it contradicts the canon version):

ZQNMO3HmLsQ

You already admitted that were this fight to start with them close (And IIRC that is the norm when not specified, though I may be confusing KMC with another forum), Anakin would cut his head off. So... Yeah.

Did you miss the point of that text you read (you did)? The point was to illustrate that, no, they aren't starting inches from each other with Anakin's sword ignited and held in a position to strike Andrew down.

None of this means anything.

Glad you like to ignore feats that show Andrew's abilities to be almost instant in some circumstances.

so, this fight starts with them 6 inches away from each other?

k, Anakin wins.

Exactly.

And we raged at RJ for doing that* in threads...unsure why it is okay to do that, now.

*Changing thread conditions pages into the thread just to be right about a matchup.

Nephthys
TBF Force-users at least in the EU can react to something before it even happens with precog, so the mach 1,000 isn't exactly an exaggeration.

NemeBro
Here's the problem: Galen is not Vader and Vader is not Galen. Hell, even Galen is not Galen in the example you used. no expression

Your point is irrelevant and invalid.

You're right. Galen is stronger than Vader, as seen when in both endings he beats the shit out of him. smile

Precisions matters not.

Galen Marek is still faster, I am afraid, you whining about it is not changing that.

Wrongo. Who do you believe would win in a fist fight between a rhinocerous and a boxer? Assume in this fight that rhinos have fists. estahuh

Galen can overwhelm Andrew's psychic shields with the most basic of Force abilities, and crush him, and his own psychic shields would be impervious to Andrew.

No u.

You might be right, in fact, I was lying, since Blax told me that Obi-Wan had some sort of amp in the novelization. I lied to get my point across. big grin

I actually have been looking for the novelization, to read it, but to no avail.

Cool story bro.

I don't approve of the EU's power inflation any more than you do, though apparently there is other basis for mach 1,000+ SW characters. I haven't seen it though.

The novelization is better though, from what I hear, and didn't GK say that it was canon?

It doesn't have to be inches. Merely a matter of feet.

Instant is relative.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Just say it dude. You said something stupid, are aware of it, but are too proud to admit it so you enter this stupid debate.

Nephthys

This site has most Star Wars literature available for download for free. Don't be put off by all the russian, they're all in English. Not as good as reading an actual book, but hey, its free.

If you're talking about the Rots novel, I highly recommend it. Faaar superior to the movie.

NemeBro
I'd **** you if our only interaction was not internet-based.

My thanks.

Robtard
so, this fight starts with them 6 inches away from each other?

k, Anakin wins.
Exactly.

And we raged at RJ for doing that* in threads...unsure why it is okay to do that, now.

*Changing thread conditions pages into the thread just to be right about a matchup.

Nice strawman, bros. I never dictated how close they were or changed any pre-set conditions; I gave reasons why Anakin wins if it's a close or far apart starting match.

Anakin does win; it's obvious too.

dadudemon
You're right. Galen is stronger than Vader, as seen when in both endings he beats the shit out of him. smile

That's a non sequitur reply. Feats, babe. Just admit it: you tried to pass off another character's feats.

Precisions matters not.

Galen Marek is still faster, I am afraid, you whining about it is not changing that.

Afraid that you whining about precision not mattering is not going to change that Galen can still be killed faster than he can close the distance. Too bad.

Wrongo. Who do you believe would win in a fist fight between a rhinocerous and a boxer? Assume in this fight that rhinos have fists. estahuh

You're wrong, yet again. You're using non sequitur comparisons to prove your point.

A proper comparison would be pitting a frail scientist that genetically engineered virus that works instantly (but for which he is immune) up against a champion boxer at the top of his game.

Note that the scientist is extremely precise and the boxer is far stronger and faster.

Galen can overwhelm Andrew's psychic shields with the most basic of Force abilities, and crush him, and his own psychic shields would be impervious to Andrew.

1. Prove it that he could overwhelm Andrew's shields. Didn't seem to work against Vader, did it? smile

2. Galen doesn't have psychic shields. GTFO, newb.

You might be right, in fact, I was lying, since Blax told me that Obi-Wan had some sort of amp in the novelization. I lied to get my point across. big grin

You bassturd. sad

I have read most of the novel: made to somewhere in the 300s.

I don't approve of the EU's power inflation any more than you do, though apparently there is other basis for mach 1,000+ SW characters. I haven't seen it though.

I wasn't talking about power inflation: I was talking about the Narutoforum posters taking flowery and symbolic language to be literal and then basing math off of that.

The novelization is better though, from what I hear, and didn't GK say that it was canon?

It is not "canon" like you're meaning it. It is what us SW nerds call "c-canon". It's below the movies and TV show in canoncity.

It doesn't have to be inches. Merely a matter of feet.

No, you give Andrew enough room to think his thoughts and it's over. You must keep it up close to prevent Andrew from getting off a single blast.

Instant is relative.

No, it's not. It means t = 0.

But in the context of my post, it meant "practically instant" because there seems to be no travel time for some of his attacks (others, there does seem to be travel time).

No travel time? Yeah... t = 0

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I quoted someone else, dude.

Just say it dude. You said something stupid, are aware of it, but are too proud to admit it so you enter this stupid debate.

Wait...wait...that's my line, not yours. I get to say that to you. You used a feat from another person, for Galen. You used a non-canon telling of a G-Level canon fight (Obi-Wan making his way to Grievous) as a feat in an example of how crazy the EU gets...and I'm the one that said something stupid because I wasn't aware of it.

I will take your apologies in the form of new york style cheesecake. estahuh

Edit - The RotS novel is not very good, imo. It was difficult to read at times because of how atrocious the prose was. Other times, it was enjoyable. But the writing style is probably why I could not finish the novel: just wasn't interesting enough and it was stifling at times. On a scale of Twilight to Dune, it ranks closer to Twilight...though not very close.

NemeBro
Edit - The RotS novel is not very good, imo. It was difficult to read at times because of how atrocious the prose was. Other times, it was enjoyable. But the writing style is probably why I could not finish the novel: just wasn't interesting enough and it was stifling at times. On a scale of Twilight to Dune, it ranks closer to Twilight...though not very close.

Eh, sorry to hear that, but I have probably read worse for the sake of the story and characters, so should be able to power through it.

On the subject of the rest of your post, stfu it is two in the morning will address it later.

dadudemon
Eh, sorry to hear that, but I have probably read worse for the sake of the story and characters, so should be able to power through it.

I am not sure why the novel gets so many accolades. There is far better Star Wars novels out there so it is not like we are missing a subjective meter stick with which to measure the RotS novel.

On the subject of the rest of your post, stfu it is two in the morning will address it later.

I want to work out and go to sleep so you STFU, too. mad

NemeBro
I am not sure why the novel gets so many accolades. There is far better Star Wars novels out there so it is not like we are missing a subjective meter stick with which to measure the RotS novel.

I want to work out and go to sleep so you STFU, too. mad I believe you meant: There ARE far better Star Wars novels.

Douche. estahuh

I think it is because it apparently makes Anakin's character development seem less stilted, I guess.

Also, shut up ***** I am the walrus.

dadudemon
I believe you meant: There ARE far better Star Wars novels.

Douche. estahuh

I actually do not know if I meant to say "There is" or "There are" because I changed thoughts mid-sentence.

I think it is because it apparently makes Anakin's character development seem less stilted, I guess.

Also, shut up ***** I am the walrus.

I found his character development to be done just fine in the films. One could argue that it was overdone and more subtly should have been used (I am quite sure that that would be what Hemingway would argue, at least).

I hate this thread.

0mega Spawn
TK powers are just garbage.
because really theres no reason each couldn't just break the others neck other than they don't do that :l

I vote for Anakin because Andrew is a crybaby & he off'd the black dude

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.