Silver Surfer vs Blue Marvel *Twist*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sr J-Bieb
They fight in a true Heaven if ever there was one; Tuvala

No BFR, Morgan Freeman is narrating the fight.

1st fight is Surfer unhindered
2nd is Surfer without his board

The twist is that Surfer is wearing a real enjoyable pair of blue denim jeans, nothing else.

Who wins question mark

carver9
The twist is that Surfer is wearing a real enjoyable pair of blue denim jeans, nothing else.

Lol laughing out loud

As for the fight, Blue Marvel wins.

JakeTheBank
The pants puts Norrin over in a big way.

janus77
Surfer wins, clearly.
He matter manipulates Blue Marvel into a nice crisp white shirt, to accompany the jeans.

Mistress-Death
Surfer wins he is above BM bu some distance

dmills
Norrin had better end it quick because Adam will knock his ass out in an extended match.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Norrin had better end it quick because Adam will knock his ass out in an extended match.
B-bu-but isn't surfer IMMUNE to physical harm? Like hulk couldn't hurt him with his punches at all.silverdurfer

CosmicComet

Nah. Surfer is too tough for that. Knocking out Sentry momentarily is nice, but Sentry is far too variable.

BM has no real reflexes/limb movement speed feats either.

His punches should be in slow motion to Surfer until we know otherwise.

Naija boy
Board to the back of the heard ftw in first fight
Surfer blasts him out in the second one

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Nah. Surfer is too tough for that. Knocking out Sentry momentarily is nice, but Sentry is far too variable.

Let's not forget he knocked Hyperion out as well.

dmills

Iron Man would beg to differ shifty

Norrin should win more often then not all bs aside. But I stand by him being ktfo in an extended match.

Stoic

Depends on the writer. Thanos after all used Norrin as a punching bag. So with that said, I don't see how Blue Marvel would have a hard time hitting him either.

zopzop
If Surfer don't get exotic, FAST, I see BM beating him to a pulp.

CosmicComet
BM doesn't really have elite level feats yet.

But he has a good 'average' since he has only been around for a little while.

I haven't seen him lifting/destroying anything as big as Hulk or Thor have done, subsequently nor do I see him hitting as hard as those two.

Sentry is highly variable and King Hyperion looked pretty bad against even de-powered Thunderbolts Juggernaut.

carver9
He carried an asteroid the size of Rhode Island. He also threw an emblem and almost destroyed a moon. He creamed Antman and also hit Sentry with a haymaker that almost koed him. He took on the entire Avenger crew and was dominating them. He has fts of lifting pyramids with ease and lifting large ships with one hand. He has done basically everything minus moving a planet but I don't deny that he couldn't do this. He is easily Thor and Supes level physically and from what I've seen, he might hit harder than both.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
He is easily Thor and Supes level physically and from what I've seen, he might hit harder than both.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/JeriTroll/Jerichonothavingit.gif

CosmicComet
None of that comes close to the best that the elite have done.

That is simply a good average.

Mistress-Death
Let's not forget he knocked Hyperion out as well. Hyperion is weak so that's not a good example, Surfer would dominate Hyperion also.

carver9
None of that comes close to the best that the elite have done.

That is simply a good average.

What's the best? What does he need to do? He has creamed high Heralds with a couple of blows...tackled teams...punched someone out of orbit through a titanium ship in space. Moved state size objects. What needs to be added to this cosmic? He even defeated a being that ran through the Avengers with ease.

carver9
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Hyperion is weak so that's not a good example, Surfer would dominate Hyperion also.

So King Hyperion is weak.? Yeah right.

JakeTheBank
What's the best? What does he need to do? He has creamed high Heralds with a couple of blows...tackled teams...punched someone out of orbit through a titanium ship in space. Moved state size objects. What needs to be added to this cosmic? He even defeated a being that ran through the Avengers with ease.

He beat up Sentry, which is good.

I'd say that based on his showings thus far, he's intended to be Upper-Mid to High Herald class. But in the elite class with Superman/Thor? Not imo. Namor said in all his years, the only people who ever hit him as hard as Adam were Thor and Hulk, which doesn't put BM over either of them.

Furthermore, you have Grevioux (sp?), the creator of Blue Marvel, specifically state that he doesn't feel that BM is beyond that tier, just a solid member inside of them.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He beat up Sentry, which is good.

I'd say that based on his showings thus far, he's intended to be Upper-Mid to High Herald class. But in the elite class with Superman/Thor? Not imo. Namor said in all his years, the only people who ever hit him as hard as Adam were Thor and Hulk, which doesn't put BM over either of them.

Furthermore, you have Grevioux (sp?), the creator of Blue Marvel, specifically state that he doesn't feel that BM is beyond that tier, just a solid member inside of them.

I don't think he is beyond them either but I do think he hold advantages over them...he hits extremely hard and is hard as hell to take down.

Namor statement makes it even much better since BM tends to hold hack tremendously...even against Villains.

JakeTheBank
I don't think he is beyond them either but I do think he hold advantages over them...he hits extremely hard and is hard as hell to take down.

Namor statement makes it even much better since BM tends to hold hack tremendously...even against Villains.

He is easily Thor and Supes level physically and from what I've seen, he might hit harder than both.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/JeriTroll/Jerichonothavingit.gif

carver9

Lol...just because someone hits harder doesn't put them over high Herald. I think Savage Hulk hits harder than both Supes and Thor but he is still in their tier.

JakeTheBank
Lol...just because someone hits harder doesn't put them over high Herald. I think Savage Hulk hits harder than both Supes and Thor but he is still I'm.their tier.

So what did Blue Marvel do to give you the idea that he might hit harder than Thor/Superman? Even though the only comparison directly given to him was the fact that only Thor and Hulk hit as hard as he did? And considering Namor isn't dead, we can assume they were still holding back?

carver9
So what did Blue Marvel do to give you the idea that he might hit harder than Thor/Superman? Even though the only comparison directly given to him was the fact that only Thor and Hulk hit as hard as he did? And considering Namor isn't dead, we can assume they were still holding back?

Similar fights give me the idea. Thor has fought Hyperion and has never done him the way BM did an amped Hyperion...King Hyperion. Then Thor has also faced Sentry and the same...BM knocked his a** out of orbit "while taking on the team of other Avengers". Then lets not forget that Antman was working the Avengers as well and Blue Marvel wrecked him as well. This is why imo I give him the props I give him.

JakeTheBank
Similar fights give me the idea. Thor has fought Hyperion and has never done him the way BM did an amped Hyperion...King Hyperion. Then Thor has also faced Sentry and the same...BM knocked his a** out of orbit "while taking on the team of other Avengers". Then lets not forget that Antman was working the Avengers as well and Blue Marvel wrecked him as well. This is why imo I give him the props I give him.

King Hyperion is overrated. And Thor's punked out Hyperion before. Thor fought a less inhibited Sentry and held his own until the Void influence took over. If Thor would have fought Sentry earlier in his career, he would have worked him over as bad, if not worse, than BM did. Thor fights team wreckers all the time and holds his own, if not wins.

I'm not saying Blue Marvel isn't powerful or formidable, but I don't see how you can look at his appearances and come to the conclusion that he might hit harder or be more formidable than people like Thor...when statements from characters and the writer himself clearly state that at best, he's an equal.

dmills

Who has Thor ko'd with his hands that's as impressive?

Bouboumaster
Surfer would murder the Blue Marvel.

carver9
King Hyperion is overrated. And Thor's punked out Hyperion before. Thor fought a less inhibited Sentry and held his own until the Void influence took over. If Thor would have fought Sentry earlier in his career, he would have worked him over as bad, if not worse, than BM did. Thor fights team wreckers all the time and holds his own, if not wins.

I'm not saying Blue Marvel isn't powerful or formidable, but I don't see how you can look at his appearances and come to the conclusion that he might hit harder or be more formidable than people like Thor...when statements from characters and the writer himself clearly state that at best, he's an equal.

I agree, BM is in their tier. Even though BM punch harder doesn't mean he is above them. It has been mentioned that Hulk hit harder than Thor but you still don't put Hulk above him...do ya.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_IncredibleHulks620027.jpg http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/ankur2292/th_IncredibleHulks620028.jpg

King Hyperion took on and had the advantage against two Hyperions and the exiles as the same time....one has given Thor a good fight, Thor would get creamed by two of them and again, KH had the advantage over both. Blue Marvel worked this same Hyperion which is a helleva showing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt Blue Marvel punches harder than Hulk or Thor, he doesn't hit harder either. There exists no evidence to conclusively support your stance Carver. The creator of the character, the guy who's written all of his appearances will tell you that you're wrong by the way. Though I doubt this will discourage you.

Hulk doesn't hit harder than Thor either. Punching harder when sufficiently enraged though is reasonable.

King Hyperion is such an overrated little shit by the way. If he ever pops up in the 616 again and takes on Hulk, Thor, Surfer or someone, he'll get his ass handed to him.

Stoic
The crazy thing about Blue Marvel and his power punches, is that he has the ability to hit an opponent with anti matter impacts. Now he's already at least a high class 100 on his own. Imagine how hard or how much damage he could bring with anti matter?

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I doubt Blue Marvel punches harder than Hulk or Thor, he doesn't hit harder either. There exists no evidence to conclusively support your stance Carver. The creator of the character, the guy who's written all of his appearances will tell you that you're wrong by the way. Though I doubt this will discourage you.

Hulk doesn't hit harder than Thor either. Punching harder when sufficiently enraged though is reasonable.

King Hyperion is such an overrated little shit by the way. If he ever pops up in the 616 again and takes on Hulk, Thor, Surfer or someone, he'll get his ass handed to him.

Shaking my head.

Bouboumaster
Seriously... Is anyone voting for Blue Marvel here?

Sr J-Bieb
Who has Thor ko'd with his hands that's as impressive? Well, he KO'ed Namor with a punch while it was raining... and BM didn't

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Well, he KO'ed Namor with a punch while it was raining... and BM didn't

Classic Namor? SERIOUSLY?

Sr J-Bieb
Classic Namor? SERIOUSLY?
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Invaders_33_03.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Invaders_33_04.jpg

carver9
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Invaders_33_03.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Invaders_33_04.jpg

I know of the encounter. I said that because current Namor is a different beast than his classic counterpart.

Sr J-Bieb
I know of the encounter. I said that because current Namor is a different beast than his classic counterpart. ...
why

carver9
why

Because Spiderman showing against Classic Namor is better than Sentry, Ironman, and Blue Marvel showing against Current Namor.

CosmicComet
Spiderman is anywhere from mid meta to trans though.

carver9
Spiderman is anywhere form mid meta to trans though.

Lol...ok, I can do better. A pissed Thor hammer tossed Namor back in 2002 and hit him in the back of the head full force...basically a sneak attack and Namor got right back up after this. A charged hammer toss coming at Namor at full speed from a pissed Thor that snuck attacked him. Current Namor is a different beast.

Sr J-Bieb
Because Spiderman showing against Classic Namor is better than Sentry, Ironman, and Blue Marvel showing against Current Namor. Classic Namor knocked Hulk human.
Classic Namor gave Surfer a better fight than Hulk ever did.

Spider-Man gives everyone problems at one point in their life. Knocked out Hulk, gave Thor trouble, knocked out Firelord, gave Surfer trouble. Hell, I think he even managed to effect Iron Fist.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Because Spiderman showing against Classic Namor is better than Sentry, Ironman, and Blue Marvel showing against Current Namor.

What atrocious reasoning. You don't get to arbitrarily claim that there's a difference in power just because Namor had a meh showing against Spider-Man.

There's never been any noticeable difference in power between Namor in the past and today's. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen someone use the classic/current distinction for Namor. Anyone who's read up on the character will tell you that you're full of shit. Namor has his good days and his bad, all characters do.

You can press the issue if you want but I've ready every noticeable thing the character has done, his highs before the 2000 year mark are just as good as after.

Lol...ok, I can do better. A pissed Thor hammer tossed Namor back in 2002 and hit him in the back of the head full force...basically a sneak attack and Namor got right back up after this. A charged hammer toss coming at Namor at full speed from a pissed Thor that snuck attacked him. Current Namor is a different beast.

1. Prove that it was a full force hammer attack.

2. It was the Heroes Reborn universe.

carver9
What atrocious reasoning. You don't get to arbitrarily claim that there's a difference in power just because Namor had a meh showing against Spider-Man.

There's never been any noticeable difference in power between Namor in the past and today's. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen someone use the classic/current distinction for Namor. Anyone who's read up on the character will tell you that you're full of shit. Namor, has his good days and his bad, all characters do.

1. Prove that it was a full force hammer attack.

2. It was the Heroes Reborn universe.

Even though its a good showing for Thor and is within his power to one shot Heralds...I think using that as a norm for Namor is downplaying the character. Things doesn't happen like that with current Namor and you would be hard pressed to find a Herald one shotting him.

This is the hammer toss I am talking about and yes, it is from heroes reborn. Thor wasn't a happy camper during this fight...seemed pissed to me.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2039/namorfeat367wt.gif

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even though its a good showing for Thor and is within his power to one shot Heralds...I think using that as a norm for Namor is downplaying the character. Things doesn't happen like that with current Namor and you would be hard pressed to find a Herald one shotting him.

This is the hammer toss I am talking about and yes, it is from heroes reborn. Thor wasn't a happy camper during this fight...seemed pissed to me.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2039/namorfeat367wt.gif

First of all, I didn't even bring up the showing, that was Bran mocking you. I've pretty much given up on that (There's no evidence to support you so why bother?), I was however pointing out that modern day Namor is not more powerful. That still hasn't changed by the way.

I'm not saying Thor's going to go around dropping Namor like that often, stop straw manning. Also, this was lol worthy after you mentioning Spider-Man as support for your stance.

You're a grown man Carver, there should be no excuse for the reasoning you use constantly unless you're trolling.

So you knowingly referenced a Heroes Reborn comic?

ermm

Good showing for Namor no doubt, but you still haven't proven it was a full force throw. Thor's strongest throw to the back of the head would kill practically all Heralds for the record.

carver9
First of all, I didn't even bring up the showing, that was Bran mocking you. I've pretty much given up on that (There's no evidence to support you so why bother?), I was however pointing out that modern day Namor is not more powerful. That still hasn't changed by the way.

I'm not saying Thor's going to go around dropping Namor like that often, stop straw manning. Also, this was lol worthy after you mentioning Spider-Man as the reasoning for your side.

You're a grown man Carver, there should be no excuse for the reasoning you use constantly unless you're trolling.

So you knowingly referenced a Heroes Reborn comic?

ermm

Good showing for Namor no doubt, but you still haven't proven it was a full force throw. Thor's strongest throw to the back of the head would kill practically all Heralds for the record.

I'm not saying Namor is more powerful but what I am saying is Marvel has given Namor more respect as a character...they have even stated he can shake planets while fighting.

I agree, Thor can wreck Heralds...not my argument.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm not saying Namor is more powerful but what I am saying is Marvel has given Namor more respect as a character...they have even stated he can shake planets while fighting.

I agree, Thor can wreck Heralds...not my argument.
Certainly seemed like what you were going for with this:
I know of the encounter. I said that because current Namor is a different beast than his classic counterpart.
Do you have evidence to support that? We can compare Namor's highest feats before and after the year 2000 mark if you want.

Lol, I'm hoping you aren't referring to Namor's encounter with the Behemoth from back in the day unless there's a more recent reference. Also, even if former scene didn't exist but the latter did, it still wouldn't prove your point. If something like that was mentioned though, I'd appreciate an issue number.

I'm starting to think you don't have any argument.

carver9
Certainly seemed like what you were going for with this:

Do you have evidence to support that? We can compare Namor's highest feats before and after the year 2000 mark if you want.

Lol, I'm hoping you aren't referring to Namor's encounter with the Behemoth from back in the day unless there's a more recent reference. Also, even if former scene didn't exist but the latter did, it still wouldn't prove your point. If something like that was mentioned though, I'd appreciate an issue number.

I'm starting to think you don't have any argument.

Namor has literally fought almost every Herald in MU and has been holding his own. His current showings are far more impressive imo.

What scans are you asking for?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor has literally fought almost every Herald in MU and has been holding his own. His current showings are far more impressive imo.

What scans are you asking for?

You say that like it's some kind of recent development, do you not know anything about the character? List his current showings that are superior to what his done in the past.

The issue that referenced this:
they have even stated he can shake planets while fighting.

I'm assuming it happened recently. Unless you made it up.

carver9
You say that like it's some kind of recent development, do you not know anything about the character? List his current showings that are superior to what his done in the past.

The issue that referenced this:

I'm assuming it happened recently. Unless you made it up.

I'll look for the scan for you but it did happen recently (I never make stuff up).

You know of Namor fts recently. Why would I need to list them?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll look for the scan for you but it did happen recently (I never make stuff up).

You know of Namor fts recently. Why would I need to list them?

Okay then.

I though I was aware of all of Namor's notable showings, which is why I've been constantly telling you that your argument is flawed. Of course, it's possible that I've missed a ton of impressive showings, so please list the instances you had in mind when you said this:
His current showings are far more impressive imo.

Sr J-Bieb
Okay then.

I though I was aware of all of Namor's notable showings, which is why I've been constantly telling you that your argument is flawed. Of course, it's possible that I've missed a ton of impressive showings, so please list the instances you had in mind when you said this: Any character you like... Carver is more well versed in all the time. He's seen some things man

Sirius77
I see what Carver is saying. BM may not hit harder than any of these characters, but it would be absurd to say that he isn't in their league, or that his punches aren't at the very least comparable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
His comparable and is clearly intended to be a high end strong man. My problem is with Carver's claims of superiority.

Any character you like... Carver is more well versed in all the time. He's seen some things man

Well he did say that he knows more about Thor than me, and sees he never makes things up, it must be true.

abhilegend
Any character you like... Carver is more well versed in all the time. He's seen some things man
He told me and pr that he knows more about superman than us. Guess you're right.ermmsad

janus77
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Surfer would murder the Blue Marvel.
best and most reasonable post so far.

I can't believe people think that a prolonged fight would somehow be to Surfer's detriment. The guy can take Savage Hulk's assaults without flinching, he can take Bannerless Hulk's assaults, what's BM gonna do that's anywhere close to the destructive force of either of them?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by janus77
best and most reasonable post so far.

I can't believe people think that a prolonged fight would somehow be to Surfer's detriment. The guy can take Savage Hulk's assaults without flinching, he can take Bannerless Hulk's assaults, what's BM gonna do that's anywhere close to the destructive force of either of them?

It's not just that.
It's also the fact that Surfer is more powerful. End of the story.
He was the most powerful on a team which some member would also shit all over Blue Marvel (Gladiator, Beta Ray Bill...) Two dudes that Surfer completly owned in the past.

Blue Marvel couldn't prevail on Sentry, what are his chance against aguarbly the most powerful herald out there? (with only Thor being discussed to be equal or above him)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.