The World is Zombified II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
http://i44.tinypic.com/210x5yb.jpg

With the Walking Dead coming back on, it seems my obsession with zombie survival is not going any where any time soon.

Anyway, I've used this idea before, but I'll change it up a little. The scenario is that depicted in "I am Legend", but combined with that, we have daylight walking zombies too, the slow type from Romero's for example.

So in such a world, you are one of the few survivors alive. You know that there is a safe haven full of babes, but are many hundreds of thousands of miles away. Which of these abilities or upgrades would you want?

The Punisher Upgrade

- Each week when you wake up, a crate with an assault rifle, pistol, one explosive charge magically appears next to where you lie. No extra ammo.

The Daredevil Upgrade

- Superhuman Hearing/Radar Sense

The Psylocke Upgrade

- At night, if you remain stationary, you will blend into the darkness (invisibility).

The Xenomorph Upgrade

- Grants Nightvision (green) and enhanced vision.
- Immune to the weather extremes.

The Jaws Upgrade

- Whenever a zombie enters a 200m radius, the Jaws tune will start playing in your head. More zombies means the volume gets louder, and closer proximity will mean the tune progresses to its more intense parts. Oddly enough the music in your head does not distract you at all.

The Popeye Upgrade

- Every 7 days, a can of spinach will appear next to you when you wake. Unfortunately its not the type that grants super-strength, but it is nutritious, balanced in protein, carbs, fats, fiber, minerals and vitamins...

The Final Destination Upgrade

- Death will protect you ONCE each day against a single Zombie attack. That is, the first Zombie that is about to kill you will be "killed" by insane luck/fate.

The Planet of the Apes Upgrade

- Each week you can summon a smart monkey ally to your cause. If he/she dies (and they are loyal enough to do so for you), you'll have wait for the week to end before summoning another. Number of monkeys is capped to 2. You cannot eat the monkeys for food.

The Storm Upgrade

- Can make the sky rain water, random thunderstorms (cannot use it as a weapon).

The Limitless Pill

- Each fortnight, you get one of those pills. No addiction/withdrawal symptoms. Cannot be accumulated (disappears).

The Wolverine Upgrade

- Immune to virus.
- Weak Healing factor - a bite wound (missing mouthful of flesh) would take a week to heal completely.

The Team Jacob Upgrade

- Once every month, during the night, you turn into a werewolf and go ape shit on the zombies.

Scenario I: Pick one Upgrades

Scenario II: Pick two Upgrades

Robtard
LoL.

1) Wolverine

2) Final Destination and Planet of the Apes

thanos-prime
1) The team jacob upgrade

2) The Daredevil upgrade and the wolverine upgrade

Flyattractor
What good are the Popeye,and Pill upgrades for? They don't seem to do anything.

Daredevil and Punisher.

Flameback
This is pretty cool.

Wolverine upgrade.
Daredevil upgrade and Planet of the Ape upgrade.

Robtard
Originally posted by Flyattractor
What good are the Popeye,and Pill upgrades for? They don't seem to do anything.

One guaranteed nutritionally-complete meal each week is a gem in of itself. If you happen to find yourself without food, this might get you by until you can find a steady food supply. Also useful to augment your food supply, especially if you're in a situation where all there is to eat is from vending machines and such. Not a great choice by itself, but could be in the combo scenario.

Makes you an ultra-genius capable of figuring most things out. Could be extremely useful in a tight situation.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
One guaranteed nutritionally-complete meal each week is a gem in of itself. If you happen to find yourself without food, this might get you by until you can find a steady food supply. Also useful to augment your food supply, especially if you're in a situation where all there is to eat is from vending machines and such. Not a great choice by itself, but could be in the combo scenario.

Makes you an ultra-genius capable of figuring most things out. Could be extremely useful in a tight situation. Sheesh. Why didn't you throw in a Liver option as well..

And the Pill option didn't say anything about increasing intelligence in fact it didn't say anything at all...and eh to that as well.
Their zombies.
They kind in the thread can't figure out how to work a door knob so I am sure I can out thin them.

Robtard
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Sheesh. Why didn't you throw in a Liver option as well..

And the Pill option didn't say anything about increasing intelligence in fact it didn't say anything at all...and eh to that as well.
Their zombies.
They kind in the thread can't figure out how to work a door knob so I am sure I can out thin them.

Hey, you asked; I gave scenarios where a complete-meal would/could be useful.

That's what the Limitless pill does and then some. I'm guessing you've not seen the movie, otherwise you'd understand it would allow you more than just "out think zombies". I'd allow you to think of ways to survive/escape in seconds where you normally probably wouldn't. If you found yourself in a situation with other people who are trying to rebuild society, this option would make you extremely valuable.

PS Calm down, it's just a MVF thread.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
Hey, you asked; I gave scenarios where a complete-meal would/could be useful.

That's what the Limitless pill does and then some. I'm guessing you've not seen the movie, otherwise you'd understand it would allow you more than just "out think zombies". I'd allow you to think of ways to survive/escape in seconds where you normally probably wouldn't. If you found yourself in a situation with other people who are trying to rebuild society, this option would make you extremely valuable.

PS Calm down, it's just a MVF thread. Ok...NOW the Limitless bit makes sense.

And I am calm...

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/blowup.gif

..fragdamnitz!

Robtard
http://crazy4comiccon.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Placidity
This is how I think about it - there are a few things that are required for basic survival:

- Warmth/Shelter
- Food
- Water
- Health/Medicine

Also relevant to this topic, not being killed by zombies - which could be done by:

- Killing them
- avoiding them
- a combination of the two

Now most of the upgrades cater to one of these needs.

For me, Health/Medicine need is probably the hardest to come by. Others can be salvaged even if it takes great time/effort, but if you do become sick, you would likely not have the knowledge to fix yourself.

For this reason, for scenario I, I would either pick Wolverine, or possibly Xenomorph which would dramatically reduce my chance of getting ill, plus I get night/enhanced vision which is extremely useful.

I haven't thought much about scenario II, but probably Wolverine Upgrade + Planet of the Apes.

the ninjak
Can you fly with the Storm upgrade? Babes Ahoy!

1: The Limitless Pill.

2: The Limitless Pill certainly. And Werewolf once a month change. For that burst of long distance cover. And a werewolf under the effects of the pill will make no mistakes.

Placidity how far away are the babes? You said hundreds of thousands of miles away.

Placidity
Originally posted by the ninjak
Can you fly with the Storm upgrade? Babes Ahoy!

No flying, that would be too easy.

2: The Limitless Pill certainly. And Werewolf once a month change. For that burst of long distance cover. And a werewolf under the effects of the pill will make no mistakes.

I should have made it clear that the Werewolf is the one from Twilight, so you would be relatively invincible. Healing factor and extreme high body temp makes you immune to virus while in wolf state.

Placidity how far away are the babes? You said hundreds of thousands of miles away.

Lets say, at the other end of the continent, the USA for example.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Placidity
No flying, that would be too easy.

Fair enough. I thought so.

I should have made it clear that the Werewolf is the one from Twilight, so you would be relatively invincible. Healing factor and extreme high body temp makes you immune to virus while in wolf state.

Yeah I know. They move at surprisingly fast burst speeds. With the added bonus of the Limitless Pill no zombie could stop it.

Lets say, at the other end of the continent, the USA for example.

2,092 miles/3,347 km good.

The Twiwolf can traverse huge distances very quickly. You have 12 hrs.

With the pill you will plot these courses with a good map efficiently beforehand. With the wolf you should be able to reach the babes the fastest.
But during your last hour of transformation you will find a suitable safehouse to spend your next month. Then do it again.

lilshogun
Storm Upgrade: Can I create floods and lighting to make fire?

and Wolverine Upgrade for healing

Robtard
Reading, it's not overrated.

wakkawakkawakka
Okay uh..

Scenario 1: Planet of the Apes upgrade. Ape just as smart as you, if not smarter, would make fairly decent allies.

Scenario 2: Wolverine upgrade/Daredevil upgrade

I would like to know exactly what the Limitless Pill does.

Placidity
Hard to explain, in a few words, it makes you smarter for a short while. Best watch the movie.

marwash22
The pill from "Limitless" didn't really make you smarter, so much as it gave you supreme focus and recall. If you didn't learn anything in your life or make an effort to learn anything while using the pill, it wouldn't have any effect. It's not like you take the pill and you're Reed Richards or something. it basically turned you into a very high functioning autistic.

Robtard
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

I would like to know exactly what the Limitless Pill does.

Allows you to remember anything you've ever learned or seen before in passing.

Allows you to learn new information at a super-accelerated pace (eg new language in a few days).

Makes you extremely fast at thinking and calculations.

Makes you smarter overall in a sense.

Placidity
Originally posted by marwash22
The pill from "Limitless" didn't really make you smarter, so much as it gave you supreme focus and recall. If you didn't learn anything in your life or make an effort to learn anything while using the pill, it wouldn't have any effect. It's not like you take the pill and you're Reed Richards or something. it basically turned you into a very high functioning autistic.

actually it does. Bradley used the pills to make the pills even better removing all of its shortcomings. If you watched that last scene, he is capable of complex calculations on the fly, reminded me of that guy with a computer for a brain.

marwash22
sure. but Bradley's character actually put forth the effort to learn how to improve the drug, which is what i mentioned. I was just telling the guy who asked that simply taking the pill doesn't make you a super genius.

1. Team Jacob.
2. Team Jacob & The limitless Pill.

i wouldn't even bother killing zombies while in wolf mode, i'd just use that time to run. The wolves are faster running in a straight line than the vampires are, and the vamps ran hundreds of miles in minutes.

wakkawakkawakka
Okay thanks guys! Now that I know how the pill works I'm conflicted between picking smart apes or being able to operate at peak condition.

Smart allies who could easily kill me when agrivated or brain that functions perfectly once a day.

I don't know about the werewolf transformation since it's only once a month. Then again they can travel a far distance. But that wouldn't be much of an horror-adventure for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.