X-Men: First Class 2 (2014)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
It can now be reported Matthew Vaughn is fully on board. Simon Kinberg shares his ideas for the story here.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-class-2-screenwriter-magneto-sandy-155263/?_r=true

DARTH POWER
Awsome! I hope it does focus mainly on Magneto and Xavier like the first film.

Also hoping Magneto stays a redeemable character like he is in the comics.

Can't wait for that.

But I'm sure Avengers, TDKR and TAS will keep me busy this year smile

Robtard
Second Class, damn, I'm too clever.

peejayd
* just hope Marvel Studios will buy the rights back, so they can make an Avengers vs X-men movie... smile

Esau Cairn
I haven't read X-Men comics in a looong time but seriously is Magneto THAT integral to all their stories & adventures?

Magneto IMO should've been phased out after X2...I'm seriously getting bored watching him in every X-Men movie regardless of the actor or period of his life.

From all 4 movies so far, we already know what his capabilities are & how the X-Men react to them.

Kazenji
Bring in the Mr Sinister.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I haven't read X-Men comics in a looong time but seriously is Magneto THAT integral to all their stories & adventures?

Magneto IMO should've been phased out after X2...I'm seriously getting bored watching him in every X-Men movie regardless of the actor or period of his life.

From all 4 movies so far, we already know what his capabilities are & how the X-Men react to them.
Yeah, I kinda feel the same way about Magneto in the movies at this point as I do about the overuse of Lex Luthor in the Superman films, which I guess was why I enjoyed the Sebastian Shaw performance in First Class much more than I did Mags, aside from the fact it was Kevin Bacon.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Might as well bring in Apocalypse too then if they're ever gonna have him, though I doubt they'll go that route.

-Pr-
You can do Sinister without Apocalypse, and do it well imo.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I know he can work pretty good without Apocalypse too, but it would be awesome to have him as well IMO, whether Sinister remains completely loyal to him or secretly works against him after awhile. I've been hoping for some radical live action interpretation of at least one of them (Poccy a little more-so) since The Last Stand or X2, however unlikely that may be.

DARTH POWER
I do think they did overuse Magneto as the Villain in X-Men 1-3. Just as they overused Wolverine as the main hero Imo.

But for First Class I think it works perfect having Charles and Eric as the main characters. And I hope they don't change that.

As long as they keep Magneto "Redeemable" as long as they can, and have new interesting Villains and Heroes aiding this new trilogy along.

Darth Jello
I've been reading some of Claremont's old stuff and would definitely like to see the Mauraders and the X-Factor part of Fall of the Mutants in the theaters at this point. If they made Professor X Death, they could explain away him walking in some of the flashbacks from the first movies.

roughrider
If they are going to stay the historical route - say they moved into the mid 1970's - things that were in the news then were the rise of apartheid in South Africa. Perfect time to something metaphorical on that in the form of Genosha. The X-Men struggle to end the regime while Magneto and his crew view it as the place to have a mutant homeland.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by roughrider
If they are going to stay the historical route - say they moved into the mid 1970's - things that were in the news then were the rise of apartheid in South Africa. Perfect time to something metaphorical on that in the form of Genosha. The X-Men struggle to end the regime while Magneto and his crew view it as the place to have a mutant homeland.

Perfect. If you read Fall of the Mutants and its Daredevil tie-in, Apocalypse's ship and four horsemen attacking Manhattan in a third movie would fit in perfectly with the 1977 New York Blackout.

RLAAMJR.
2014 is too long. I was hoping to see another x-men movie this year or next year.

Kazenji
And maybe a younger Storm to keep you happy.

roughrider

You couldn't literally call him by that name in a film. Audiences would laugh: "Mr. Sinister? Is Dr. Evil far behind him?" stick out tongue

Darth Jello
You couldn't literally call him by that name in a film. Audiences would laugh: "Mr. Sinister? Is Dr. Evil far behind him?" stick out tongue You could if you kept his original intended origin.

"Dave Cockrum and I were over ideas and what we were coming towards was a mysterious young boy - apparently an 11-year-old - at the orphanage where Scott (Cyclops) was raised, who turned out to be the secret master of the place. In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50 He had all the grown up urges. He's growing up in his mind but his body isn't capable of handling it, which makes him quite cranky. And, of course, looking like an 11-year-old, who'd take him seriously in the criminal community? So he built himself an agent in a sense, which was Mister Sinister, that was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."
-Chris Claremont quote from Wikipedia.

Hell, Apocalypse was originally supposed to be this guy-
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/owlleland1.jpg

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by RLAAMJR.
2014 is too long. I was hoping to see another x-men movie this year or next year.
There's still that sequel to Wolverine Origins which I believe comes out next year, not that I'm looking forward to it.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
There's still that sequel to Wolverine Origins which I believe comes out next year, not that I'm looking forward to it.

Because you think Wolverine is overrated?

Salthasha
It will be penned by the screenwriter who botched x-men 3, not really looking forward to yet another fox studio screw job of the title I have collected since 1975. so far Iron man 1 2 and the avengers are all very well done, note the studio, it is not fox or Sony. I will be glad when 20th century fox gets the hell out of the way and stops screwing up the X-Men.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Salthasha
It will be penned by the screenwriter who botched x-men 3, not really looking forward to yet another fox studio screw job of the title.

Who Simon Kinberg?....he also co-wrote the first 'First Class' anyway

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Salthasha
It will be penned by the screenwriter who botched x-men 3, not really looking forward to yet another fox studio screw job of the title I have collected since 1975. so far Iron man 1 2 and the avengers are all very well done, note the studio, it is not fox or Sony. I will be glad when 20th century fox gets the hell out of the way and stops screwing up the X-Men.

First Class is one of the greatest superhero movies I've ever seen.

The only Marvel studios films which "might" be equal or superior are Iron Man 1 and The Avengers.

And I don't personally believe just because Marvel studios is making a movie that it's going to be great. Iron man 2 was pretty disappointing.

Kazenji
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
First Class is one of the greatest superhero movies I've ever seen.

The only Marvel studios films which "might" be equal or superior are Iron Man 1 and The Avengers.

And I don't personally believe just because Marvel studios is making a movie that it's going to be great. Iron man 2 was pretty disappointing.

But First Class wasn't a Marvel Studio's movie, it was all Fox.

DARTH POWER
But First Class wasn't a Marvel Studio's movie, it was all Fox.

That's my point. I'm not too bothered which studio does it, just as long as they make great superhero films.

I was responding to someone saying that only Marvel studios can do it right.

Kazenji
Well if First Class is the start of good things to come out from Fox then keep them coming.

BlackZero30x

way I hear it it's going to be a reboot for origins.

starts back in japan almost a 100 years ago.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
way I hear it it's going to be a reboot for origins.

Good idea, after how they handled the first attempt.

roughrider
Originally posted by Darth Jello
You could if you kept his original intended origin.

"Dave Cockrum and I were over ideas and what we were coming towards was a mysterious young boy - apparently an 11-year-old - at the orphanage where Scott (Cyclops) was raised, who turned out to be the secret master of the place. In effect what we were setting up was a guy who was aging over a lifespan of roughly a thousand years. Even though he looked like an 11-year-old, he'd actually been alive since the mid-century at this point - he was actually about 50 He had all the grown up urges. He's growing up in his mind but his body isn't capable of handling it, which makes him quite cranky. And, of course, looking like an 11-year-old, who'd take him seriously in the criminal community? So he built himself an agent in a sense, which was Mister Sinister, that was, in effect, the rationale behind Sinister's rather - for want of a better word - childish or kid-like appearance. The costume... the look... the face... it's what would scare a child. Even when he was designed, he wasn't what you'd expect in a guy like that."
-Chris Claremont quote from Wikipedia.

Hell, Apocalypse was originally supposed to be this guy-
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/owlleland1.jpg

The day Mr. Sinister gets into an X-Men movie, my bet is they will address him as Nathaniel Essex and no other title.

roughrider
That's my point. I'm not too bothered which studio does it, just as long as they make great superhero films.

It has been a sticking point, how much the studio puts into it versus the careful control Marvel Studios has shown with their Avengers series. Even having a braintrust from Marvel Comics to consult. Other Marvel related films outside of Marvel Studios had been slagging off in quality for several years, right after Spider Man 2. First Class was a good showing by Fox that they still care and can make a good quality Marvel film again (if they didn't, they would be under pressure to let Marvel Studios have the rights back.)

BruceSkywalker
i fully expect Jennifer Lawremce to have a much bigger role in the sequel

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i fully expect Jennifer Lawremce to have a much bigger role in the sequel

Oh yeah definitely would be wise to help sell the movie after her success with Hunger Games.

But also Mystique always was Magnetos right hand in the Originals so makes sense anyway.

In First Class 2 she could act as the remaining bridge between Xavier and Eric.

BruceSkywalker
Oh yeah definitely would be wise to help sell the movie after her success with Hunger Games.

But also Mystique always was Magnetos right hand in the Originals so makes sense anyway.

In First Class 2 she could act as the remaining bridge between Xavier and Eric.

agreed

Kazenji
The First Class sequel is officially titled X-Men: Days of Future Past!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172079-the-first-class-sequel-is-officially-x-men-days-of-future-past

Tzeentch._
That's a terrible name for a movie.

Even if it does reference a ****ing awesome story arc.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
That's a terrible name for a movie..

Not as much as Robot Jox.

DARTH POWER

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/172079-the-first-class-sequel-is-officially-x-men-days-of-future-past

Awesome! With time travel it's possible to have Cyclops and Jean. I'm also thinking Cable might be in it.

the ninjak
Although I've given up on FoXMen.

This could be fun. I want Cable. Apocalypse. And Lotsa Sentinels.

The Big O
I am fully looking forward to this. I wonder if they actually do pull of time travel, how will they do it. *Commence geekasim*

BruceSkywalker

If done right, this can be successful

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by the ninjak
Although I've given up on FoXMen.

This could be fun. I want Cable. Apocalypse. And Lotsa Sentinels.
While it was downhill for awhile, how can you have given up on FoXMen after First Class?

And I agree. Maybe even Bishop too.

DARTH POWER
While it was downhill for awhile, how can you have given up on FoXMen after First Class?

And I agree. Maybe even Bishop too.

First Class is one of the best superhero movies ever made! Got me all into Big Screen X-Men again.

And this Days of Future Past sequel to First Class has got me seriously excited!

Darth Jello
Looking forward to a middle-aged Hale Berry being impaled with a spear?

the ninjak
Looking forward to a middle-aged Hale Berry being impaled with a spear?

thumb up And Logan incinerated into a skeleton via Sentinel blast.

DARTH POWER
I doubt Wolverine's in the sequel. I'm sure we would have heard by now if he was.

the ninjak
I doubt Wolverine's in the sequel. I'm sure we would have heard by now if he was.

Someone isn't having fun....

He was in the last film, why nots nows?
Personally if Logan died in an apocalyptic future in the new First Class movie.....it would freakin ROCK!

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by the ninjak
Someone isn't having fun....

He was in the last film, why nots nows?
Personally if Logan died in an apocalyptic future in the new First Class movie.....it would freakin ROCK!

Oh he could easily have a cameo. I'm just saying it's unlikely he'll be a main character in it.

the ninjak
One doesn't need to be a main character in order to get killed by Sentinels. stick out tongue

Darth Jello
A thought since the statements are that this movie will tie the prequels to the original X-Men movies and that one major character will be introduced to challenge Magneto.

What if they combine Days of Future Past with the original Rachel Summers arc from the Chris Claremont run spanning from Just before the Secret Wars to the prelude to the mutant massacre?
The movie could end with the brotherhood taking the place of the hellfire club battling Nimrod and the death of much of the brotherhood and possibly Rachel reuniting Mags and Xavier as allies and friends.

peejayd

* also want them to do it right... but i also want these superheroes TOGETHER in the big screen...

Kazenji
Looks like Bryan Singer will be doing the sequel

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173357-matthew-vaughn-will-not-direct-x-men-days-of-future-past

-Pr-

the ninjak
That sucks monkey balls!

Kazenji
If Singer doesn't do it, Hope Fox Studio's doesn't get another no-talent hack for it

like what happen with X-Men 3.

-Pr-
I'd Singer falls in to that category already, to an extent.

the ninjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd Singer falls in to that category already, to an extent.

Singer has already fallen in regards to such an endeavor.

roughrider
Bryan Singer knows what to do with an X-Men film. It's a shame that Matthew Vaughn is showing his skittish side again, jumping off yet another project, but Singer is the one you'd want to carry the ball from here.

StiltmanFTW
I wasn't overly impressed with First Class...

Ridley_Prime
While there's obviously worse people that could be doing it than Singer, I too would've still preferred Vaughn as director again. Singer was the writer of First Class though IIRC, so maybe he'll show more promise at this point than with the first two X-Men films he directed that were (IMO) average at best.

/trying to remain optimistic

-Pr-
Bryan Singer knows what to do with an X-Men film. It's a shame that Matthew Vaughn is showing his skittish side again, jumping off yet another project, but Singer is the one you'd want to carry the ball from here.

I don't. Not after the first two.

Placidity
Cyclops as leader thanks.

Also, new X-men characters or cast. I was not at all impressed with the previous cast except for Fassbender and McAvoy. Everyone else was either barely okay or crap.

Cyclops
Beast
Ice Man
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler

Maybe Angel, but he must turn into Archangel, i.e. Sinister as a villain.

DARTH POWER
Looks like Bryan Singer will be doing the sequel

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173357-matthew-vaughn-will-not-direct-x-men-days-of-future-past

Very disappointing. I really felt Vaughn brought a lot of depth to First Class.

And I still can't get over what Singer did to Superman's Return.

Originally posted by Placidity
Also, new X-men characters or cast. I was not at all impressed with the previous cast except for Fassbender and McAvoy.

Well the story was about those 2. So it worked really. The others were just shitty background characters they had to put in because they couldn't make it the actual First Class: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Ice-Man, Beast and Angel.

Originally posted by Placidity
Cyclops as leader thanks.

thumb up

Estacado
Change that gheyassfaghannahmontana guy who is playing Havok.

Ridley_Prime
He wasn't that bad. The worst was probably the kid playing Banshee IMO.

Estacado
He wasn't bad...but he looks like the type of guy you want to punch in the face...same goes for Banshee.

the ninjak
Kid playing Banshee was cool. You guys suck.

DARTH POWER
They were both fine. Problem is they were kids.

Kazenji
No leather suits

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173639-bryan-singer-teases-x-men-days-of-future-past-costume-details

Darth Jello
There's a moment between Rachel and Kate Pryde from the comics I would love to see in this movie but it's probably not gonna happen.

Tzeentch._
Is it the part where they have amazing lesbian sex?

DARTH POWER
I can't wait for this movie! It's gonna be one of the most epic superhero movies of all time.

StiltmanFTW
I seriously doubt it.

BruceSkywalker
i already knew, but singer has confirmed.. patrick stewart, sir ian mckellan return.. hugh jackman most likely will as well..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173787-patrick-stewart-and-ian-mckellen-join-x-men-days-of-future-past

StiltmanFTW
Famke Janssen will appear in Wolverine 2, right?

DARTH POWER
i already knew, but singer has confirmed.. patrick stewart, sir ian mckellan return.. hugh jackman most likely will as well..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173787-patrick-stewart-and-ian-mckellen-join-x-men-days-of-future-past

Cool!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I seriously doubt it.

Yes it will be EPIC!

Fingers crossed that Singer doesn't screw this up, or do something stupid and make it all about Wolverine!

BruceSkywalker
Famke Janssen will appear in Wolverine 2, right?

There was that rumor which will turn out true I believe

Ridley_Prime

Well, at least we'll be getting the best of both live action worlds of Xavier and Mags if that's the case. Jackman's Wolverine better be just another cameo at most though, while they can focus on wanking him all they want in his own confirmed sequel.

Ah, who am I kidding.

Darth Jello
There's a moment between Rachel and Kate Pryde from the comics I would love to see in this movie but it's probably not gonna happen.

Post-days of future past, Rachel Summers comes to the present and is depicted as a marginally powerful telepath and telekinetic who is severely traumatized and has PTSD flashbacks to being a hound and in a concentration camp. She gets even more ****ed up when she finds out her mom is dead and her dad remarried.

The big moment happens in Uncanny X-Men 192. Rachel has a flashback where she interacts with Kate Pryde, the Kitty from her future and has her last conversation before being sent to the present as they prepare to take out Nimrod in the future. It ends with them Kate saying goodbye, Rachel refuses to leave her. Kate says, "Who says you have a choice...DARK PHOENIX!!!.

At this point the scene shifts to the present and you realize that Dark Phoenix was a mentally embeded trigger word to unlock Rachel's full power. From here on in she becomes increasingly more powerful and violent, trying to hunt down the X-Men's enemies, especially Selene and bonding with part of the Phoenix force. Magneto stops her from killing some kids trying to bomb Xavier's office.
The turning point is when she forcibly steals the X-Men's lives in order to try to kill the Beyonder. They end up growing more and more wary of her until Wolverine is forced to stab her in the heart when she tries to kill Selene.

I want to see the Dark Phoenix Scene.

Kazenji
Hugh Jackman is now in talks

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173827-hugh-jackman-in-talks-for-x-men-days-of-future-past?utm_campaign=facebookfan&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

DARTH POWER
Hugh Jackman is now in talks

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173827-hugh-jackman-in-talks-for-x-men-days-of-future-past?utm_campaign=facebookfan&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

If talks have just started now then he's obviously not got a huge role or even a vital part. Though I suspect Hugh Jackman might be negotiating for a bigger part.

mr.smiley
All good and great but until I hear Cyke will have a definitive role I reserve all excitement.

-Pr-
Bryan Singer's doing it, so unlikely.

mr.smiley
Bryan Singer's doing it, so unlikely.

I agree PR.
The only thing that gives me a remote sliver of hope is this:

what x 3 could have been

Maybe some of that will carry over. Maybe not.
I just cross my fingers.

-Pr-
Originally posted by mr.smiley
I agree PR.
The only thing that gives me a remote sliver of hope is this:

what x 3 could have been

Maybe some of that will carry over. Maybe not.
I just cross my fingers.

Honestly I'm amazed, seeing as over the two movies they basically shat all over him. Horrible screen time, a bastardisation of his relationship with Jean to first, make him the woman in the relationship, and second, to overplay her attraction to Logan.

It would have been nice, but I can't help thinking it would have been two movies too late.

DARTH POWER
What the Original movies did to Cyclops was a CBM CRIME!

I wouldn't assume anything based on Singer taking over though. Everything was already pretty much in place for this movie (in terms of plot and story) before he took over.

mr.smiley

Darth Jello

DARTH POWER
Well Cyclops was supposed to play a big part in the Phoenix story, and yet the movies had him play a completely useless part in that.

Cyclops was destroyed by these X-Men movies and that's not going to change anytime soon. This sequel is going to center on Magento and even if Cyclops is in it it's almost guaranteed that even Wolverine's Cameo will play a much larger role.

Kazenji
They might surprise us

but i'm not holding my breath.

-Pr-
Well Cyclops was supposed to play a big part in the Phoenix story, and yet the movies had him play a completely useless part in that.

Cyclops was destroyed by these X-Men movies and that's not going to change anytime soon. This sequel is going to center on Magento and even if Cyclops is in it it's almost guaranteed that even Wolverine's Cameo will play a much larger role.

In almost every story about the Phoenix and Jean, Cyclops is the main "non Phoenix" character. Stupid movies...

StiltmanFTW
They might surprise us

but i'm not holding my breath.

Haven't surprised me with First Class I, don't see how it could be different this time.

DARTH POWER
Haven't surprised me with First Class I, don't see how it could be different this time.

To be fair though, First Class couldn't have Cyclops being set like 30-40 years prior to X-Men 1 & 2, with no time travel involved.

BruceSkywalker
halle berry, james marsden in talks

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70924

Ridley_Prime
Oh yay, I'm ecstatic.

Robtard
halle berry, james marsden in talks

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=70924

The ****? Lame.

-Pr-
...Well ****.

mr.smiley
A big yes for Marsden so long as his role will have significance. If it's just an accumulation of 10 minutes of BS then no.
Berry. No. Just no. She looks too tame. Storm is an amazon. Wild and free.

-Pr-
I don't want Marsden.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Robtard
The ****? Lame.

I don't want Marsden.

well it'll give halle something to do instead of fighting with her ex big grin laughing laughing

as for marsden, i really don't want him either but if they really do the days of future past story arc, then its understandable

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by mr.smiley
A big yes for Marsden so long as his role will have significance.

Pretty unlikely looking at the history of his role in the X-men movies.

I don't want Marsden.

Same.

Myth
Halle just seems like a bad idea. Didn't she have fits about needing a bigger role in X3? Keep her out of it and introduce a younger Storm, preferably with a mohawk.

MF DELPH
I'd cast Kerry Washington as Storm, personally. Has the look, can act, and can do a good African accent (see Last King of Scotland for an example) .

Villelater
shouldn't the movie be called X-men:second class...no service

-Pr-
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I'd cast Kerry Washington as Storm, personally. Has the look, can act, and can do a good African accent (see Last King of Scotland for an example) .

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
its official.. Hugh Jackman is returning..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174137-hugh-jackman-confirmed-for-x-men-days-of-future-past

im sure now the rest of the original cast will join too

-Pr-
oh hell.

DARTH POWER
I'm sure it won't follow the trend of the Originals and make it all about Wolverine.

But I don't trust Singer!

Ridley_Prime
And just like that, half my anticipation for this sequel was gone.

Kazenji
Hugh Jackman tweets the extent of his role

http://www.comicvine.com/news/hugh-jackman-hints-at-days-of-future-past-movie-role/145719/

4 hours this time

DARTH POWER
^ Ok, so that probably means like what? 20 minutes of film time? I can get down with that.

-Pr-
Ugh...

Kazenji
^ Cave man talk?........me no understand.

-Pr-
It's gonna be shit.

Tzeentch._
Why?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Why?

Bringing back Jackman, Berry and Marsden, and having it directed by Singer.

I mean, I'm sure it'll entertain those that watch it. I just don't expect it to be a very good "X-Men" movie.

DARTH POWER
^ They won't be main characters. Wolverine's will be a supporting role at most. I'm sure it'll still revolve around Charles and Eric.

But then bringing in Marsden as Cyclops as a minor character again is sad.

-Pr-
Them being in it at all outside of cameos just puts me off, tbh.

DARTH POWER
I'm guessing Cyclops and Storm will be just Cameos. There's no way Singer will give them a role which even approaches Wolverine's role. That's just something we have to accept with the X-Verse Singer has created.

But as long as Young Eric and Charles remain the main characters I have high hopes for this movie.

Konton
I trust Singer.
He'll make Emma a character this time, maybe!

-Pr-
I'm guessing Cyclops and Storm will be just Cameos. There's no way Singer will give them a role which even approaches Wolverine's role. That's just something we have to accept with the X-Verse Singer has created.

But as long as Young Eric and Charles remain the main characters I have high hopes for this movie.

The less we see of this returning cast, the better.

I still don't think Singer should be allowed near X-Men movies though. Not after the first two.

DARTH POWER
The less we see of this returning cast, the better.

I still don't think Singer should be allowed near X-Men movies though. Not after the first two.

X2 was a good movie Imo. (Apart from making Cyclops useless).

I was disappointed when I heard Vaughn wouldn't be directing, but Singer already was involved with First Class and it's sequel.

He will obviously be wanting to make his name back after his f**k up with SR, so I'm hoping that will work in favor of this movie.

-Pr-
X2 was a good movie Imo. (Apart from making Cyclops useless).

I was disappointed when I heard Vaughn wouldn't be directing, but Singer already was involved with First Class and it's sequel.

He will obviously be wanting to make his name back after his f**k up with SR, so I'm hoping that will work in favor of this movie.

Honestly, I didn't like it. While I can see why people would say it's a good movie, I don't think it was a good x-men movie.

DARTH POWER
^ Well yeah I mean up until First Class none of the X-Men movies were actually good "X-Men" movies. But at least X2 was a "good movie".

DARTH POWER

4 hours this time

I think this part's sort of a joke. Because I just read he said his 3 lines in First Class took 3 hours.

So 4hrs plus just means it will be a bigger part this time.

So still no idea how small or large his role will be. I'm hoping it's just a few scenes in the future.

StiltmanFTW
Because I just read he said his 3 lines in First Class took 3 hours.

Seriously?

Kazenji
Also i remember Mark Miller is Fox's creative consultant on these Fox Marvel movies now.

DARTH POWER
Seriously?

That's what the man himself says:

http://en-maktoob.news.yahoo.com/video/hugh-jackman-dishes-wolverine-x-064427741.html

Also i remember Mark Miller is Fox's creative consultant on these Fox Marvel movies now.

I hope he doing loads of consulting for Days of Future Past. And I hope Singer is listening!

Too excited for this. I should probably calm down considering how far away it still is and how Singer is capable of screwing anything up!

Darth Jello
I just hope I'm not disappointed with Singer taking on something this big. I mean even with The Last Stand, that shit was only about 60% Ratner's fault and most of the rest was Singer's inability to stay committed and desire to make a really bad Superman movie. Even then I held out some hope before the movie came out because Even though everything else Ratner ever did with his life is total shit, he hit Red Dragon out of the park.

Kazenji
FUTURE PAST To Be Set Over 10 Years After The Events Of FIRST CLASS

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=73523

DARTH POWER
^ Ice-Man, Rogue and Kitty are in this?

A bit strange Emma won't be back after the ending of First Class.

Ridley_Prime
Well I wasn't sure Emma would've wanted to be a part of Magneto's Brotherhood anyway. Was hoping she'd be back in this sequel though with better writing/better role, but eh... Maybe they're saving her for a 3rd film.

Glad to see those others confirmed though. Hopefully we'll get a better Rogue than what we got in any of the previous movies. Then again, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

edit:
Originally posted by Konton
I trust Singer.
He'll make Emma a character this time, maybe!
Where's your trust now?

Kazenji

Glad to see those others confirmed though. Hopefully we'll get a better Rogue than what we got in any of the previous movies. Then again, I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

I want to see Rogue flying around the place and kicking arse.

Ridley_Prime
Me too, but if we're getting the same movie Rogue as before like how we're apparently getting the same Cyclops actor as from the originals, etc., that probably won't happen.

-Pr-
Given that it's Bryan Singer, I can't see him doing anything other than picking up where he left off.

Obviously I'd love to be wrong, but...

DARTH POWER
I want to see an super strong, flying Rogue and Ice-Man making Ice slides, ice-weapons, ice-shields e.t.c.

Unfortunately I think Pr is right about it being pretty unlikely with Singer in charge.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=73523

Wait is that caste right? There's no mention of Cyclops or Storm in there.

Kazenji
Mark Miller's saying you can expect Sentinels and Kitty Pryde fans won't be disappointed

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174785-mark-millar-talks-x-men-days-of-future-past-and-kick-ass-3

-Pr-
Shadowcat was one of the highlights of Last Stand, I thought. An older version of her is going to be interesting enough...

Ridley_Prime
Shadowcat was alright, but Beast was the number 1 highlight of Last Stand, even surpassing the Beast from First Class, IMO. Guess it's not fair to compare them though since FC had a much younger version of Hank.

-Pr-
Shadowcat was alright, but Beast was the number 1 highlight of Last Stand, even surpassing the Beast from First Class, IMO. Guess it's not fair to compare them though since FC had a much younger version of Hank.

Beast was the best thing about it, yeah.

DARTH POWER
This film is getting better and better.

The main thing is they seem to understand that an ensemble cast only works when everyone has their moment to shine and a purpose in the movie.

Kazenji
Could We See A Fully CG Character ?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=73992

Ridley_Prime
Obviously they're just referring to the Sentinels.

Kazenji
Or not.

-Pr-
Oh no...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=74222

Kazenji
Peter Dinklage has been cast in this movie

Singer has announced it on this twitter.

DARTH POWER
Oh no...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=74222

OH CRAP! Singer's gonna ruin this isn't he?

Why Singer? Why?

Kazenji
Only thing i can of is his role in the future timeline being large.

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah to be fair it can't be That Large a role in the whole film if he only found out about it a couple of months ago.

And giving him a decent size role will probably help attract the bigger audience which First Class didn't seem to do despite it being the best X film to date in the opinion of most people who have seen it.

mr.smiley
Arcade? Sugarman? PUck?

Kazenji
Its going to be a villain character

Bryan Singer Talks X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, Says He'll "Correct A Few Things"
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=74295

Kazenji
James McAvoy (Seemingly) Confirms Alan Cumming's Return For X-MEN: DOFP

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75583

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>