gorilla grodd vs sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Who will win between sabretooth and gorilla grodd?

StiltmanFTW
Creed.

animale
Grodd

animale
Originally posted by animale
http://laconoscenzarendeliberiblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/gorilla-middle-finger.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Creed.

Good to have ya back with us.

Prep-Man
Grodd, if he gets to use his mental powers.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Grodd, if he gets to use his mental powers. Creed is immune to telepathic attacks from Psi bolts, Mind Scans and i am sure even from telepathic control.

Prep-Man
Was this recent? I've seen Creed been attacked by mental attacks. If it is, than Creed could win, but Grodd wins with prep. Genius afterall.

leonidas
even if tp fails grodd has tk. strength is about even, ferocity is a draw. sabes has the healing but grodd is hella durable as well. basically its grodd's tk advantage vs sabes healing. this is a good match but i'd take grodd.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Was this recent? I've seen Creed been attacked by mental attacks. If it is, than Creed could win, but Grodd wins with prep. Genius afterall. no, its bn part of the character for over a decade going back to when wolverine popped his claws into his brain. Psylocke failed to stun him with her psi blades since he was immune to it and no longer got the "glow."

its bn shown various other times since then as well.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Nietzschean
no, its bn part of the character for over a decade going back to when wolverine popped his claws into his brain. Psylocke failed to stun him with her psi blades since he was immune to it and no longer got the "glow."

its bn shown various other times since then as well. I recall that...Grodd just pounds him into paste with his Mighty Monkey Mojo Muscles.

Stoic
Great match. Either could win, but after seeing what Sabretooth was able to do to the Morlocks alone has me feeling that he would take this more times than not.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by leonidas
even if tp fails grodd has tk. strength is about even, ferocity is a draw. sabes has the healing but grodd is hella durable as well. basically its grodd's tk advantage vs sabes healing. this is a good match but i'd take grodd.

Ah, I forgot about TK. Grodd has too many options.

Dum Dum Dugan
Has current grodd displayed TK? And if so how powerful?

dmills
I'd love to see this fight.

AsbestosFlaygon
Iirc, he could use TK when he turned into a human.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Has current grodd displayed TK? And if so how powerful? he's probably referring to an old feat from the 80's and nothing from the most modern DCU

HandOfFate

I give Grood the edge in strength

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/957/madgrodd.th.jpg

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5974/madgrood2.th.jpg

leonidas
he's probably referring to an old feat from the 80's and nothing from the most modern DCU

that's true, but i don't think it's from the 80's. i remember him blasting trees and the ground and i'm sure he's actually held the flash with tk. i'll see if i can dig up some scans, but i really can't recall where these things happened exactly. i am referencing classic grodd though. i've no idea about the most current incarnation.

and ^ grodd does have some great strength feats (gone toe-to-toe with everyone from supergirl, to jonnz to kalibak and even kal, but he is always shown to be quite a bit below them all), but in general, i'd say he's around that cl50 level which would make him stronger than creed, but not significantly.

abhilegend
Grodd.

carver9
Sabertooth.

Konton
Are you guys mental? Grodd is physically way beyond Sabretooth. This isn't even fair.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Konton
Are you guys mental? Grodd is physically way beyond Sabretooth. This isn't even fair. so what?

it's not like Sabretooth hasnt faced 100 tonners and one.
Sabretooth can handle Blunt Trauma pretty well.
how well does Grodd handle piercing/slashing trauma?

leonidas
how well does Grodd handle piercing/slashing trauma?

not particularly well tbh, which is why this is a very good fight. he's still durable and crazy enough though to take a lot of damage.

and....not 'mental'. no expression look at his whole career and you'll see when he was first conceived he was quite a bit stronger than he has been shown more recently. he does (again) have some good feats strength-wise. taking eveything into account though i think cl50, maybe cl75 is about where he falls most regularly.

-K-M-
In the past he was on equal footing in a slugfest with Kalibak and another instant with Captain Comet.

leonidas
yeah i know the kalibak fight you're referencing (mentioned it earlier in the thread) but in that fight kalibak was the stronger of the 2 and like i said a few times already--he does have good showings, but in general, kalibak can easily hang with superman--superman has treated grodd like an annoyance physically.

abhilegend
yeah i know the kalibak fight you're referencing (mentioned it earlier in the thread) but in that fight kalibak was the stronger of the 2 and like i said a few times already--he does have good showings, but in general, kalibak can easily hang with superman--superman has treated grodd like an annoyance physically.
Loebman can treat anyone like a physical annoyance.

OneDumbG0
Grodd laid out on a hospital bed would win. This is spite.

jinzin
not particularly well tbh, which is why this is a very good fight. he's still durable and crazy enough though to take a lot of damage.

and....not 'mental'. no expression look at his whole career and you'll see when he was first conceived he was quite a bit stronger than he has been shown more recently. he does (again) have some good feats strength-wise. taking eveything into account though i think cl50, maybe cl75 is about where he falls most regularly.

That's not NEARLY enough. confused

leonidas
what's not? confused

the strength difference? as i've said, it's not strength that would win the fight for him.....

Nietzschean
what's not? confused

the strength difference? as i've said, it's not strength that would win the fight for him..... what would win him the fight?

leonidas
what would win him the fight?

his tk. i also think his tp could certainly play a role, if only as a hindrance. psi-blasts should still be fairly effective as well. we're talking about someone approaching jonnz's level. factor those things in with his strength and savagery and i'll take grodd more often than not.

Nietzschean
his tk. i also think his tp could certainly play a role, if only as a hindrance. psi-blasts should still be fairly effective as well. we're talking about someone approaching jonnz's level. factor those things in with his strength and savagery and i'll take grodd more often than not. what modern tp feat does grodd have?

the only tp assault I seen from grodd was nightwing and i wasnt impressed. sabe has no sold those types of attacks.

leonidas
what modern tp feat does grodd have?

the only tp assault I seen from grodd was nightwing and i wasnt impressed. sabe has no sold those types of attacks.

modern? you mean modern pre-reboot?? he's got lots. post reboot i already said--i have no clue about.

JakeTheBank
He hasn't even debuted yet in the DCnU.

Nietzschean
modern? you mean modern pre-reboot?? he's got lots. post reboot i already said--i have no clue about. sorry, i meant tk feat.

I think the old Grodd with Tk could and would beat Sabe.. didnt he have some kind of upgrade amp for the TK though?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.