Timber Wolf Vs Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7667/169247-52957-timber-wolf_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/49907/2203021-sabre10__2__large.jpg

Stoic
Creed

Prep-Man
Any reasons?

Stoic
Actually it depends on which Londo we are speaking of. I haven't followed T-Wolf for a couple years. Is he still able to go werewolf? Sabes at his best would be him with adamantium bones, and he would dice T-Wolf no?

Prep-Man
Look at the pic. Isn't that classic TW? But set in the present DCU.

Q99
Stompy-stompy.

Timber Wolf is quite a few times stronger than Sabertooth. Creed has very little chance.

vansonbee
Creed was recently reborn wasn't he? No metal bones here

carver9
Adamantium Sabertooth would maul him. Bone Sabertooth would lose after a good fight.

cdtm
Pretty much spite against Creed.

Pretty much any version of Timber Wolf I've seen can hold his own against Val Armorr, Ultra Boy, or Mon El.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm

Pretty much any version of Timber Wolf I've seen can hold his own against Val Armorr, Ultra Boy, or Mon El.

Scans?

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm

I remember the Threeboot one was sent to take on Wildfire solo, and directly tanked some of his hits.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by cdtm Pretty much spite against Creed. Pretty much any version of Timber Wolf I've seen can hold his own against Val Armorr, Ultra Boy, or Mon El.

i doubt it would be spite. creed is pretty strong himself.

juggernaut74
Timber Wolf.

Q99
Originally posted by Prep-Man
i doubt it would be spite. creed is pretty strong himself.

Pretty strong, yes. In Timber Wolf's league? No, definitely not.

This is a sure victory for TW.

Mindset
Timber Wolf rapes him.

zopzop
What's stopping Sabretooth from eviscerating TW? How durable is he? Any healing factor? Even if he is stronger than Sabretooth, Sabretooth has gone up against physically stronger foes and won (he skinned a Wendigo).

iceman24567
Timber Wolf stomps him

Nietzschean
I dont think Timber Wolf can heal from slashes and will wear him down and die if they are fatal slashes.

Does Timber Wolf even have a healing factor feat?

Prep-Man
@Q, he also took blasts from sun emperor as well. yes, his healing is pretty good.

Mindset
Originally posted by zopzop
What's stopping Sabretooth from eviscerating TW? How durable is he? Any healing factor? Even if he is stronger than Sabretooth, Sabretooth has gone up against physically stronger foes and won (he skinned a Wendigo). The Wendigo he beat sucked.

Flyattractor
If its the TW from his mini series back in the 90s TW in a F-curb stomp.

zopzop
Ok Team DC :

1) Does TW have any kind of HF worth mentioning?
2) How durable is he?
3) How strong is he?

I'm going with Sabretooth, especially if we use "best versions" of each character. I see the Adamantium Sabretooth wrecking TW every single time. Non-adamantium Sabretooth can still wreck him depending on the answers to my three questions.

iceman24567
Timber Wolf is strong enough to slash normal Creeds head off and he can fly so yeah Timber Wolf stomps

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Timber Wolf rapes him.

Q99
Ok Team DC :

1) Does TW have any kind of HF worth mentioning?
2) How durable is he?
3) How strong is he?

He heals pretty fast, but it's not on the level of Wolverine or Sabertooth.

He's taken full power blasts from Wildfire, who fights on pretty even terms with Kryptonians, to the face and kept on coming. Like others said, he can fight pretty well against the likes of Ultra-Boy and Mon-el, which establishes his strength at 'rather high'.

Also, let's remember he's a skilled fighter himself.

Even Adamantium Sabertooth is stomped, non-adamantium is just faster and more fatally.

zopzop
Originally posted by Q99
He heals pretty fast, but it's not on the level of Wolverine or Sabertooth.

He's taken full power blasts from Wildfire, who fights on pretty even terms with Kryptonians, to the face and kept on coming. Like others said, he can fight pretty well against the likes of Ultra-Boy and Mon-el, which establishes his strength at 'rather high'.

Also, let's remember he's a skilled fighter himself.

Ok then TW would get the majority of wins vs non-adamantium Sabretooth.

This I'm not so sure about. Sabretooth would have his insane healing factor AND unbreakable bones/claws. He tear up TW something fierce. Unless you're telling me TW's durability would protection him from the adamantium claws long enough for him to KO Sabretooth.

Q99

This I'm not so sure about. Sabretooth would have his insane healing factor AND unbreakable bones/claws. He tear up TW something fierce. Unless you're telling me TW's durability would protection him from the adamantium claws long enough for him to KO Sabretooth.

That, and he's just a skilled fighter himself who'll be dishing out damage fast. Some cuts won't prevent him from repeatedly disembowling Creed and tossing him around like a rag doll.

carver9
I just can't see it happening. Bone clawed...you MIGHT have an argument...Adamantium? Can't see him standing up to that backed up with 10 tons of strength. By the way, Wolverine stated Sabertooth with his adamantium was moving around much faster than his previous non adamantium incarnation. Sabertooth was blitzing the hell out of Wolverine and Deadpool with adamntium laced to his skeleton.

I'm giving adamantium Sabertooth 7/10.

Faster, healing factor, adamantium claws, better fighter, acute senses. The only advantage his opponent have is strength which just isn't enough.

Prep-Man
i doubt hes faster. tw is pretty damn quick.

zopzop
This is actually an interesting topic. I'm a huge werewolf fan and the thought of a (high) meta(?) lycanthrope is music to my ears.

But sadly I think I'm with Carver on this one. I checked out his DC Wikia page and I haven't seen anything there that tells me he could stand up to Adamantium Sabretooth and survive, let alone win.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by zopzop This is actually an interesting topic. I'm a huge werewolf fan and the thought of a (high) meta(?) lycanthrope is music to my ears. But sadly I think I'm with Carver on this one. I checked out his DC Wikia page and I haven't seen anything there that tells me he could stand up to Adamantium Sabretooth and survive, let alone win.

have u read anything with tw in it? seems you dont know much.

Juntai
lol wiki

Glorificus
Does Creed have Adamantium these days?

I seem to remember Creed pretty much owning the crap out of Psylocke, who's a pretty impressive martial artist. That and his fights with Wolverine - a very skilled martial artist as well, leads me to believe he's actually much more skilled a fighter than most would think.

zopzop
Originally posted by Prep-Man
have u read anything with tw in it? seems you dont know much.

No, that's why I had to resort to a google/DC Wikia search for info. I was hoping posters familiar with TW could at least provide a few of his fights/feats. Not necessarily scans, just who has he fought and beat or held his own against.

Originally posted by Juntai
lol wiki
Hey info is info. The Marvel Wikia is pretty informative and accurate.

Prep-Man
We've already have. PC TW was able to hang with Daxamites/Kryptonians. Post crisis has taken blasts from anti matter energy and beings as powerful as Sun Emperor. He has enhanced strength, speed, agility, and can fly per flight ring.

Juntai
No, that's why I had to resort to a google/DC Wikia search for info. I was hoping posters familiar with TW could at least provide a few of his fights/feats. Not necessarily scans, just who has he fought and beat or held his own against.

Hey info is info. The Marvel Wikia is pretty informative and accurate. He's from the far future, most of the guys he's fought wont have a wealth of info either.

Q99

Hey info is info. The Marvel Wikia is pretty informative and accurate.

The DC wiki's Timber Wolf page is in drastic need of a proper do-over. It's got little info and some of the info on it is wrong, on any of the three Timber Wolfs' pages. Some of DC wiki pages are good, but TWs' aren't among them, only a couple legion members have good pages.

This is, again, someone who in every version can give Heralds-levels a fight.

Yea, he's skilled. Of course, Timber Wolf is as well.

Timber Wolf was the original 'feral badass' character. There's a lot of similarities, Wolverine and Sabertooth came right out of his mold, only significantly powered down. They've increased power since, but they still are well below his level.

Whoa, what makes you think he's got an advantage in speed, fighting, or senses?

Timber Wolf is superhuman in all those areas. Note a previous poster mentioning Karate Kid as one of the people he fights with.

The only two advantages he has are faster HF and adamantium, but on the flipside TW has way more strength and durability and high-speed flight. Low class 100 strength means he'll still be dealing more damage every hit.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Mindset
The Wendigo he beat sucked. That Wendigo raped Sasquatch.

zopzop
@juggernaut74

You sure about that? Can anyone else confirm this? PS was that non-adamantium Sabretooth?

juggernaut74
I can't confirm that. I may or may not have made that up.

zopzop
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I can't confirm that. I may or may not have made that up.
...........................chair

Mindset
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That Wendigo raped Sasquatch. Then Sasquatch was jobbing.

-K-M-
Sasquatch was severely weakened from the wooden spikes and getting shot in the gut (seperate instances) and then Wendigo sneak attacked him when he was still recovering and was outside trying to help the Wendigo not fight him. Meh!

We also never saw on-panel the fight between Wendigo and Sabretooth (well how it ended).

Mindset
Good job, KM.

-K-M-
Thanks dad! smile

Nietzschean
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sasquatch was severely weakened from the wooden spikes and getting shot in the gut (seperate instances) and then Wendigo sneak attacked him when he was still recovering and was outside trying to help the Wendigo not fight him. Meh!

We also never saw on-panel the fight between Wendigo and Sabretooth (well how it ended).

they fell in the water Sabretooth clawed and bit him in the throat. we later see Sabretooth surface. I dont know, it seemed pretty clear to me with how it ended with sabretooth walking around with a new coat.

I highly doubt Sabretooth pulled out a magic spell or high tech gun for the win.
He won on his own merit. smokin'

-K-M-
We see them surface much later so we dont know what actually happened. That's the problem with off-panel fights.

Also silly story anyways as you can't kill Wendigo, and to skin a Wendigo in the manner? He also would have had to do that underwater as well. Hmmmhmmm...

Nietzschean
We see them surface much later so we dont know what actually happened. That's the problem with off-panel fights.

Also silly story anyways as you can't kill Wendigo, and to skin a Wendigo in the manner? He also would have had to do that underwater as well. Hmmmhmmm... you can temporarily kill a Wendigo they just dont stay that way.
Wolverine killed one by turning its face to mush, the problem was it recovered a few panels later while Logan was distracted.

Jen and Logan ripped the heart out of one as well for a temp kill.

I simply assumed Sabretooth throat rip and drowning temp killed it long enough for Sabe to massacre it since we know Sabretooth doesnt stop till his enemy is dead if he isnt saddled with pis for a story.

Sabretooth could have easily kept ripping it apart after all he knew what he was facing hence was prepared to face it.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Nietzschean
you can temporarily kill a Wendigo they just dont stay that way.
Wolverine killed one by turning its face to mush, the problem was it recovered a few panels later while Logan was distracted.

Jen and Logan ripped the heart out of one as well for a temp kill.

I simply assumed Sabretooth throat rip and drowning temp killed it long enough for Sabe to massacre it since we know Sabretooth doesnt stop till his enemy is dead if he isnt saddled with pis for a story.

Sabretooth could have easily kept ripping it apart after all he knew what he was facing hence was prepared to face it.

It was stated Sabretooth did (i.e not return...dead)

The Wolverine instance he didnt kill Wendigo. You talking about UXM #140? If so he even admits he would merely stun him.

He didnt die as noted.

Like I said off-panel so we just dont know. For all we know is when Sabretooth bit his throat it caused Wendigo to suffocate in the water...we just dont know.

Wolverine's claws have struggled to make serious damage to his hide, while here Sabretooth easily perfectly skins him and underwater too? Naaaaa...silly story

jinzin
It was stated Sabretooth did (i.e not return...dead)

The Wolverine instance he didnt kill Wendigo. You talking about UXM #140? If so he even admits he would merely stun him.

He didnt die as noted.

Like I said off-panel so we just dont know. For all we know is when Sabretooth bit his throat it caused Wendigo to suffocate in the water...we just dont know.

Wolverine's claws have struggled to make serious damage to his hide, while here Sabretooth easily perfectly skins him and underwater too? Naaaaa...silly story

Wolverine's never had a problem doing any amount of damage to Wendigo with his claws Adamantium or no. confused

Taking away Sabretooth's victory over Wendigo? Is that what things have really come down to? no expression

Prep-Man
Let's get back on topic. :/ TW would more than annihilate Wendigo. Sabretooth would be a good battle, IMO.

-K-M-
Originally posted by jinzin
Wolverine's never had a problem doing any amount of damage to Wendigo with his claws Adamantium or no. confused

Taking away Sabretooth's victory over Wendigo? Is that what things have really come down to? no expression

When has Wolverine ever did that level of damage to Wendigo that quickly and easily as well?

Only thing to me that would possibly make sense is the Wendigo host that fought Sabretooth didnt have very good durability, and we have seen with each host their powers and abilities vary so it's plausable.

Oh no it happened, you cant take that away from Sabretooth. Just the overall story wasnt very great and downplayed several characters (especially Sasquatch), but no you CANT take anything away.

SIDENOTE: Jinzin have they explained how Sabretooth came back? Ive read a few of his apperances since his return but they never said HOW he came back. Have they yet?

Dum Dum Dugan
When has Wolverine ever did that level of damage to Wendigo that quickly and easily as well?

Quickly? the fight took place off pannel. there no indication of time given.

Also that fact it was easier does not discredit the feat. Sabre-tooth has physical advantages over Wolverine which would make him more formidable against Wendigo then Wolverine would.

Only thing to me that would possibly make sense is the Wendigo host that fought Sabretooth didnt have very good durability, and we have seen with each host their powers and abilities vary so it's plausable.

I disagree. There no indication that he was significantly less durable then other incarnations. The fact Sabre-tooth did high level of damage to him is no indication of lacking durability. Bone claws Wolverine has has very little trouble doing damage to Wendigo. Sabre-tooth bones are significantly more durable and he vastly stronger then Wolverine is.

SIDENOTE: Jinzin have they explained how Sabretooth came back? Ive read a few of his apperances since his return but they never said HOW he came back. Have they yet?

To my knowledge no explanation has been given. Perhaps it not the real deal (though i not sure this is correct because most clones of sabre-tooth have no had healing factors or if they did not strong ones and the sabre-tooth that recently fought Wolverine took claw to the brain and survived.)

jinzin
When has Wolverine ever did that level of damage to Wendigo that quickly and easily as well? We've seen Wolverine knock Wendigo out with a claw smash to the face. We've seen him claw Wendigo with bone claws. We've seen him dice his face open with an axe.

Wolverine flat out said that he was attacking Wendigo in their first encounter specifically because Wendigo's hyde couldn't take it.

Let's not pretend he hasn't done significant damage to Wendigo just because of artistic representations.

"That quickly and easily"? Haven't you been sitting here telling us you don't know what happened, how do you know if was quick or easy? Looked like a bloodbath to me, and Sabretooth> Wolverine. Wolverine's made quick work of Wendigo in a berserker rage but for whatever reason exhausted himself in a few minutes doing so... Do you think THAT somehow is GOOD writing for his character? confused The guy who's has fought for days on end with no stop in sight, the guy who fought Omega Red for 17 hours, who spends hours in the danger room on max? REALLY?! Honestly it's the only time I've ever seen him tire from minutes of combat and frankly it's ridiculous. Let's pretend he was written like he is 99% of the time, and what's to keep him from continuing to claw Wendigo up while Wendigo's knocked out? Because like it was already pointed out, Sabretooth knowing full well what he was hunting, would do just that, and he wouldn't be tired after a few minutes of combat.

Only thing to me that would possibly make sense is the Wendigo host that fought Sabretooth didnt have very good durability, and we have seen with each host their powers and abilities vary so it's plausable. Their powers and abilities vary to a certain extent yes. NO Wendigo has had this invulnerable-ish hyde you're suggesting. And none of them would just take Sabretooth's attacks like nothing. I'm not sure what you were expecting. Wendigo to no sell his claws? His claws have cut through metal, rock, organic steel, and other class 100's. no expression

Not to mention the fact that at the time Sabretooth having Adamantium claws really was a toss up at that point, have no idea what the writer intended for him.

Oh no it happened, you cant take that away from Sabretooth. Just the overall story wasnt very great and downplayed several characters (especially Sasquatch), but no you CANT take anything away.

SIDENOTE: Jinzin have they explained how Sabretooth came back? Ive read a few of his apperances since his return but they never said HOW he came back. Have they yet? I really don't think they have. ATM they're treating it like it's just something that happened and takes back seat to the story. I don't know what the hells going on lol

-K-M-
We've seen Wolverine knock Wendigo out with a claw smash to the face. We've seen him claw Wendigo with bone claws. We've seen him dice his face open with an axe.

We also seen him not do much physical damage from a claw swipe too, which goes back to my point that different hosts vary in power levels and as I said Wolverine never came close to skinning a Wendigo alive.

Another instance (and Wendigo was up shortly after)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/uxm140pg13.jpg

Wolverine flat out said that he was attacking Wendigo in their first encounter specifically because Wendigo's hyde couldn't take it.

and in the example you mentioned they said he wasnt as durable as Hulk, but there was no visable damage when Wolverine attacked. With the help from the Hulk he merely ko'ed Wendigo but he even admitted you cant kill him

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-06.jpg

So has Wolverine done anything close to the level of Sabretooth did? No he definetly hasnt

"That quickly and easily"? Haven't you been sitting here telling us you don't know what happened, how do you know if was quick or easy? Looked like a bloodbath to me, and Sabretooth> Wolverine. Wolverine's made quick work of Wendigo in a berserker rage but for whatever reason exhausted himself in a few minutes doing so... Do you think THAT somehow is GOOD writing for his character? confused The guy who's has fought for days on end with no stop in sight, the guy who fought Omega Red for 17 hours, who spends hours in the danger room on max? REALLY?! Honestly it's the only time I've ever seen him tire from minutes of combat and frankly it's ridiculous. Let's pretend he was written like he is 99% of the time, and what's to keep him from continuing to claw Wendigo up while Wendigo's knocked out? Because like it was already pointed out, Sabretooth knowing full well what he was hunting, would do just that, and he wouldn't be tired after a few minutes of combat.

My comment was in referal to what was said earlier as I said we don't know what actually happened. The rest is your ranting and don't care to address. To your last comment have you tried skinning a large animal? It's a long process, and not only is Wendigo bigger then a bear but he also has a healing factor so to say Sabretooth could easily skin him out before he revives is pushing it. Not only is his claws shorter then a standard skinning blade, which would take longer, his hide is far larger and as mentioned his healing factor allows him to recover very quickly AND he did that all while underwater too. As we have seen several times it can even take a few panels for the Wendigo to recover

Their powers and abilities vary to a certain extent yes. NO Wendigo has had this invulnerable-ish hyde you're suggesting. And none of them would just take Sabretooth's attacks like nothing. I'm not sure what you were expecting. Wendigo to no sell his claws? His claws have cut through metal, rock, organic steel, and other class 100's. no expression

Not to mention the fact that at the time Sabretooth having Adamantium claws really was a toss up at that point, have no idea what the writer intended for him.

Never said he was invulnerable (well some people claim he is), but some are definetly far more durable then others and more stronger. Some Wendigo's have taken Wolverine's attack like they were nothing, so goes back to my comment that Wendigo durability wasnt anything special. Cutting him is one thing, but overall skin and kill him? Come on now that's silly

I don't have a problem with Sabretooth beating a Wendigo (As Wolverine has), but to skin and kill it in that manner? Silly.

Dum Dum Dugan
We also seen him not do much physical damage from a claw swipe too,

When has Wolverine fought Wendigo and was not able to do damage to wendigo?

which goes back to my point that different hosts vary in power levels and as I said Wolverine never came close to skinning a Wendigo alive.

When has he tried to skinn a Wendigo?

Also you leaving out the fact most of the time he does not want to even fight the wendigo and is merely fighting Wendigo to A) protect other or B) protect him self. He almost never wants to kill the wendigo. So I not really sure this arguement holds much weight.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/uxm140pg13.jpg

What is this scan suppose to prove?

and in the example you mentioned they said he wasnt as durable as Hulk, but there was no visable damage when Wolverine attacked. With the help from the Hulk he merely ko'ed Wendigo but he even admitted you cant kill him

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-06.jpg

KM are you kidding me? Are you really trying to indicate that Wolverine did not do any damage because of artist representation? He was clearly shown stabbing Wendigo and Wendigo be caused pain. The fact the artist did not show damage well does not over shadow the fact he clearly was doing damage. Many artist during this time had similar representations in which damage and blood were not shown yet it was clearly implied the person was taking significant damage from the attacks. I think such arguements are not only silly but nit picking.

this arguement seems like it reaching.

\

-K-M-
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
When has Wolverine fought Wendigo and was not able to do damage to wendigo?

On the level of what Sabretooth did? Never.

Now why do I have a feeling Dum Dum thinks I said Wolverine never hurt Wendigo? Which isnt the case.

When has he tried to skinn a Wendigo?

Also you leaving out the fact most of the time he does not want to even fight the wendigo and is merely fighting Wendigo to A) protect other or B) protect him self. He almost never wants to kill the wendigo. So I not really sure this arguement holds much weight.

What is this scan suppose to prove?

Never but even Wolverine as said was going all out and couldn't do much damage other then temp KO him which he even said. That's what the scan is supposed to show, as shortly after Wendigo was fine and then quickly ko'ed Wolverine

What times did he not want to fight Wendigo? haha what? Wendigo is stated to outright be UNKILLABLE even by Wolverine himself and in his basic bio. Almost never wants to kill him? He has tried and failed and said he could only stun him as in the scan I already posted.

KM are you kidding me? Are you really trying to indicate that Wolverine did not do any damage because of artist representation? He was clearly shown stabbing Wendigo and Wendigo be caused pain. The fact the artist did not show damage well does not over shadow the fact he clear was doing damage. Many artist during this time had similar representations in which damage and blood were not shown yet it was clearly implied the person was taking significant damage from the attacks.

this arguement seems like it reaching.

\

Ummm...yeah, the artist representation is to show what's going on. I think you want me to see something that isn't there as you wish it was. The fact of the matter Wolverine can cut Wendigo, but on the level of Sabretooth? Never done anything like that. Also to skin and kill him underwater? Silly. The rest is you being confused and not understanding what i was saying.

Nothing wrong with Sabretooth beating Wendigo, but skinning and killing it? Silly. I go what is stated and shown in the comics...nuff said.

-K-M-
FYI, I'm gone for the night and don't know when I;ll be back. Stupid midterm week

Nietzschean
i cant believe he posted a comic scan from Wolverine's 1st appearance for his argument. that was an era when the comic code was at the height of its power and many comics didnt depict blood and core.

jinzin
We also seen him not do much physical damage from a claw swipe too, which goes back to my point that different hosts vary in power levels and as I said Wolverine never came close to skinning a Wendigo alive.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/uxm140pg13.jpg Again, you're referencing comics from the 70's and early 80's can we not pretend like that doesn't matter? Do you really think they would showcase a enormous amount of bloodshed in those books? Comic code and all? No way. Just didn't happen back then, which is why I was talking about artistic interpretations.

I mean shit, just look at the way the Hulk181 fight has been refernced, Wolverine a mangled mess after the Hulk punch, the Hulk actually getting cut and diced up. The retcons of the fight, show almost a completely different thing than what was on panel, but half of that is just because they can get away with so much more violence on panel than they ever would or could back then, let's not pretend that doesn't matter.

For the first part, read above, for the second, I don't think I've ever argued against this.

So has Wolverine done anything close to the level of Sabretooth did? No he definetly hasnt Not because he couldn't.
In Hulk 181 he put a one sided ass kicking on Wendigo (one of the stronger incarnations too) and Wendigo was on the ropes, just because Hulk interrupted doesn't mean Wolverine needed his help, it's just what happened, while Wolverine was in the middle of thrashing him, before Wolverine put him out for A WHILE anyway.

UXM140 Same thing, Wolverine made short work of Wendigo and if he had been written with a FRACTION of the stamina he normally is, or hell ANY SUPERHERO worth half a spit normally is, he could have continued his assault on the KO'd Wendi.

And finally, again Sabretooth> Wolverine. Wendigo couldn't last 5 minutes against a berserker Wolverine, Sabretooth pushes Wolverine into berserker mode because he thinks it's fun, literally. I wouldn't call Sabretooth's performance>>>>> Wolverine, but if it was I could definitely understand why.

My comment was in referal to what was said earlier as I said we don't know what actually happened. The rest is your ranting and don't care to address. To your last comment have you tried skinning a large animal? It's a long process, and not only is Wendigo bigger then a bear but he also has a healing factor so to say Sabretooth could easily skin him out before he revives is pushing it. Not only is his claws shorter then a standard skinning blade, which would take longer, his hide is far larger and as mentioned his healing factor allows him to recover very quickly AND he did that all while underwater too. As we have seen several times it can even take a few panels for the Wendigo to recover
And we have seen him laid out for an extensive period during Wolverine's first appearance too. You're talking about characters who are so fast and precise with their claws that they can shed skintight body armor in the blink of an eye, and have done so on panel more than once. Sabretooth's claws are noted as being about 6 inches in length i believe, he's got 10 of them, and he's far more proficient with them than you or I could EVER be with a knife regardless of practice or years spent. Not to mention they've been noted as being sharper than surgical instruments. Have we ever seen what happens to a Wendigo when he's limbs are ripped off? How long does it take to recover from that? Who knows. And what we saw was underwater, which doesn't dictate everything took place underwater, doesn't mean it didn't, but even if it did, we're once again talking about characters who have been noted as having the ability to stay submerged for over an hour.

Never said he was invulnerable (well some people claim he is), but some are definetly far more durable then others and more stronger. Some Wendigo's have taken Wolverine's attack like they were nothing, so goes back to my comment that Wendigo durability wasnt anything special. Cutting him is one thing, but overall skin and kill him? Come on now that's silly

I don't have a problem with Sabretooth beating a Wendigo (As Wolverine has), but to skin and kill it in that manner? Silly. No Wendigo has taken Wolverine's attack like it was nothing. no expression

There's nothing silly about a character who's multiples superior to Wolverine beating Wendigo in a more brutal fashion than Wolverine has when Wolverine has beaten on some of the strongest incarnations of Wendigo rather easily even IN SPITE of being down-written himself. I'm sorry but again, it just looks like your pleading to have us ignore the feat based on some assumed issue of a lack of durability which just isn't at any point proven. People downplay the feat purely based on the fact that it was Sabretooth who did it, which is ridiculous. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but this kind of crap certainly adds to the stigma.

-K-M-
i cant believe he posted a comic scan from Wolverine's 1st appearance for his argument. that was an era when the comic code was at the height of its power and many comics didnt depict blood and core.

Are you people for real? I posted that scan about Wolverine saying he cant kill Wendigo. I even explained it in the sentence before the link erm

Nietzschean
Are you people for real? I posted that scan about Wolverine saying he cant kill Wendigo. I even explained it in the sentence before the link erm I didnt lie the Wendigo cant be killed. They tend resurrect. but, they do temp die/ko.

We seen Wendigo's die more than once on panel by getting their hearts ripped out. sure technically the Wendigo isnt dead b/c he comes back to life but for all intent and purposes the Wendigo is dead at that moment and lost the fight.

-K-M-
I didnt lie the Wendigo cant be killed. They tend resurrect. but, they do temp die/ko.

We seen Wendigo's die more than once on panel by getting their hearts ripped out. sure technically the Wendigo isnt dead b/c he comes back to life but for all intent and purposes the Wendigo is dead at that moment and lost the fight.

Temp ko, but here it was said he DIED in a Sabretooth bio and from the author himself (Was on Alphaflight.net, but site got hacked).

Once again he didn't die there, if that's the case you could say anyone with a healing factor dies every time they take damage. There's a reason the Wendigo is called IMMORTAL!

Nietzschean
Temp ko, but here it was said he DIED in a Sabretooth bio and from the author himself (Was on Alphaflight.net, but site got hacked).

Once again he didn't die there, if that's the case you could say anyone with a healing factor dies every time they take damage. There's a reason the Wendigo is called IMMORTAL! Wolverine, Thor, Hercules have all bn called immortal, so what?

your argument is semantics at its best. a missing heart, mushed brains unable to move for several panels equal dead/ko at least till the magic resurrects and heals him..

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dum Dum Dugan
Are you people for real? I posted that scan about Wolverine saying he cant kill Wendigo. I even explained it in the sentence before the link erm

It because your not being clear in soem cases. He was referring to this part of your statement

and in the example you mentioned they said he wasnt as durable as Hulk, but there was no visable damage when Wolverine attacked.

Which i agree with him is a silly arguement.

jinzin
pretty much

-K-M-
Sorry folks this is mylast post for awhile.

Again, you're referencing comics from the 70's and early 80's can we not pretend like that doesn't matter? Do you really think they would showcase a enormous amount of bloodshed in those books? Comic code and all? No way. Just didn't happen back then, which is why I was talking about artistic interpretations.

I mean shit, just look at the way the Hulk181 fight has been refernced, Wolverine a mangled mess after the Hulk punch, the Hulk actually getting cut and diced up. The retcons of the fight, show almost a completely different thing than what was on panel, but half of that is just because they can get away with so much more violence on panel than they ever would or could back then, let's not pretend that doesn't matter.

It does matter, but when has a Wolverine battle with Wendigo every been as bloddy or as raw as the battle with Sabretooth? Never. That's what I have been saying. I'm not even just talking about the 70 and 80 fights I'm really talking about all their fights. Any damage he has done Wendigo has quickly recovered from. I have no problem with Wolverine or Sabretooth hurting or beating Wendigo but killing and skinning? Silly.

For the first part, read above, for the second, I don't think I've ever argued against this.

You came in late that was being argued.

Not because he couldn't.
In Hulk 181 he put a one sided ass kicking on Wendigo (one of the stronger incarnations too) and Wendigo was on the ropes, just because Hulk interrupted doesn't mean Wolverine needed his help, it's just what happened, while Wolverine was in the middle of thrashing him, before Wolverine put him out for A WHILE anyway.

One-sided ass beating? When does a few hits become an ass beating? He wasnt even groaning out in pain. Was Wendigo seriously hurt here or even close to being ko'ed or beaten before Hulk got into the fight? Definetly not erm Was he weakening? Sure, but still strong enough to rock Hulk with a punch when he jumped in

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-01.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-02.jpg
3. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-03.jpg
4. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-04.jpg
5. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-05.jpg
6. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-06.jpgOriginally posted by jinzin
UXM140 Same thing, Wolverine made short work of Wendigo and if he had been written with a FRACTION of the stamina he normally is, or hell ANY SUPERHERO worth half a spit normally is, he could have continued his assault on the KO'd Wendi.

Made short work sure, but as noted it definetly wasnt easy for him. Then shortly afterwards Wendigo recovered and quickly ko'ed Wolverine. He even admitted AT BEST he could only stun him and Wendigo quickly recovered so you think Wolverine could have skinned him before the time he recovered? I definetly dont.

And finally, again Sabretooth> Wolverine. Wendigo couldn't last 5 minutes against a berserker Wolverine, Sabretooth pushes Wolverine into berserker mode because he thinks it's fun, literally. I wouldn't call Sabretooth's performance>>>>> Wolverine, but if it was I could definitely understand why.

Sabretooth and Wolverine have balanced out in power, before there was a clear difference but Wolverine has been getting the better of him more often times then not. Also he has on other times. I repeat....NOTHING WRONG WITH SABRETOOTH WINNING. It's the skinning and killing I don't like.

And we have seen him laid out for an extensive period during Wolverine's first appearance too. You're talking about characters who are so fast and precise with their claws that they can shed skintight body armor in the blink of an eye, and have done so on panel more than once. Sabretooth's claws are noted as being about 6 inches in length i believe, he's got 10 of them, and he's far more proficient with them than you or I could EVER be. Not to mention they've been noted as being sharper than surgical instruments. Have we ever seen what happens to a Wendigo when he's limbs are ripped off? How long does it take to recover from that? Who knows. And what we saw was underwater, which doesn't dictate everything took place underwater, doesn't mean it didn't, but even if it did, we're once again talking about characters who have been noted as having the ability to stay submerged for over an hour.

and as I said smaller then a skinning knife and somebear hides can take over an hour and with two people working on it at once. Now the Wendigo's hide is stronger, bigger and has a healing factor that has shown to recover instantly in a matter of minutes or shorter

Which goes back with what I said earlier, we don't know what happened as it was off-panel. Then you guys started to argue these tangents, but from Sabretooth talking to the family before and after the fight sure didnt seem like it was a long time. Once again nothing wrong with Sabretooth winning, but durabilities were being downplayed in that story. Hell look at Sasquatch he got the worst of it.

No Wendigo has taken Wolverine's attack like it was nothing. no expression

There's nothing silly about a character who's multiples superior to Wolverine beating Wendigo in a more brutal fashion than Wolverine has when Wolverine has beaten on some of the strongest incarnations of Wendigo rather easily even IN SPITE of being down-written himself. I'm sorry but again, it just looks like your pleading to have us ignore the feat based on some assumed issue of a lack of durability which just isn't at any point proven. People downplay the feat purely based on the fact that it was Sabretooth who did it, which is ridiculous. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but this kind of crap certainly adds to the stigma.

In the regards to what Sabretooth did? Darn right they have.

Once again do you understand the logistics of actually skinning something? No I never said ignore the feat I said the opposite in fact so dont try to pull that card please. As I said I have no problem with Sabretooth winning, but killing and skinning the immortal Wendigo? that's something I don't agree with.

-K-M-
Wolverine, Thor, Hercules have all bn called immortal, so what?

your argument is semantics at its best. a missing heart, mushed brains unable to move for several panels equal dead/ko at least till the magic resurrects and heals him..

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Because as noted Wendigo's immortality is different then theirs. Wolverine had immortality but lost it and admitted he can die again.

No that is a KO not death as we even see the Wendigo is fine in the crimson bands shortly after

-K-M-
This is the same story that had bullets nearly killing Sasquatch and wooden spikes easily impaling him which he nearly died from as well. Come on guys, clearly peoples durabilities were being downplayed. erm

jinzin

It does matter, but when has a Wolverine battle with Wendigo every been as bloddy or as raw as the battle with Sabretooth? Never. That's what I have been saying. I'm not even just talking about the 70 and 80 fights I'm really talking about all their fights. Any damage he has done Wendigo has quickly recovered from. I have no problem with Wolverine or Sabretooth hurting or beating Wendigo but killing and skinning? Silly. And again, your plea towards bloodshed is seriously grasping when we've seen Wolverine easily incap some of the most powerful versions of Wendigo more easily than Sabretooth did against one you're assuming was weaker. You're arguing for artistic interpretation.

But to be clear, we've seen Bone Claw wolverine leave serious gashes across Wendigo's face with nubs for claws, we've seen him de-limb a Wendigo. You're argument suggests that just because we haven't seen as bloody a fight between these characters that we should ignore the results. But they matter, and bloodshed or no Wolverine's put a much worse woopin on Wendigo than Sabretooth did, Sabretooth just KEPT going when his fight was done. Which is something we haven't seen Wolverine do.

You came in late that was being argued.
Not by me, so why bring it up while you're addressing me?

One-sided ass beating? When does a few hits become an ass beating? He wasnt even groaning out in pain. Was Wendigo seriously hurt here or even close to being ko'ed or beaten before Hulk got into the fight? Definetly not erm

1. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-01.jpg
2. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-02.jpg
3. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-03.jpg
4. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-04.jpg
5. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-05.jpg
6. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DCHawks_photo/TheIncredibleHulkv2-181-06.jpg
laughing out loud
Your arguments crack me up sometimes. There's nothing "definite" about it.
Wendigo didn't make any groaning or grunting noises during that fight. Hell, even when Hulk tossed him into a tree (apparently the game changer in your mind?) all he did was his normal WEN-DI-GO! No groaning or ANYTHING, even when he got hit with the last shot from Wolverine.

What IS definite? That Wolverine after three attacks already surmised that Wendi was weakening. That he was landing unanswered shots on Wendigo. And that he was literally booting him down a mountainside while doing it. That together with the fact that Wolverine's put Wendigo down by himself in UXM later on?

And yeah, it was a one sided ass beating, and no, he probably didn't need Hulk to finish the job. Because, y'know he didn't the next time they met.

Made short work sure, but as noted it definetly wasnt easy for him. Then shortly afterwards Wendigo recovered and quickly ko'ed Wolverine. He even admitted AT BEST he could only stun him and Wendigo quickly recovered so you think Wolverine could have skinned him before the time he recovered? I definetly dont.
It wasn't easy for him... in spite of taking him out in a few short minutes, without taking one counter in turn. Sorry but that doesn't add up, and the only reason we get as to what made it hard, was that Wolverine was pooped... which is again, BULLSHIT. Jeezus, it would be bullshit if CAPTAIN AMERICA got pooped in a few minutes of combat at his max... Wolverine? It's beyond down-playing the character. You know that, or you should.

And again, we've never seen Wolverine continue an assault on a KO'ed Wendigo so who knows. Why you assume that he would have to go straight to skinning instead of taking out vitals, removing them, de-limbing him... Shit this would be standard procedure to take out anyone who is virtually unkillable...kinda like how he was doing it against all the unkillables in the best there is arc.. confused

Sabretooth and Wolverine have balanced out in power, before there was a clear difference but Wolverine has been getting the better of him more often times then not. Also he has on other times. I repeat....NOTHING WRONG WITH SABRETOOTH WINNING. It's the skinning and killing I don't like. Pretty much a myth, already been confirmed Sabretooth toys with Logan because he thinks it's fun. He's hardly ever taken their fights seriously. He thinks it's playtime.

Just for the record, I was never convinced Wendigo was out and out dead, but temporarily put down like usual. Maybe longer than usual, but not dead.

As for the skinning part, that's only because you're viewing it through a funnel to take away from the possibility of it happening.

and as I said smaller then a skinning knife and somebear hides can take over an hour and with two people working on it at once. Now the Wendigo's hide is stronger, bigger and has a healing factor that has shown to recover instantly in a matter of minutes or shorter Again... you're comparing a skinning knife to ten of Sabretooth's stronger than steel, sharper than razor sharp claws wielded by a creature faster and more experienced than a guy who shredded skin tight armor faster than it took to say a single sentence. no expression

Which goes back with what I said earlier, we don't know what happened as it was off-panel. Then you guys started to argue these tangents, but from Sabretooth talking to the family before and after the fight sure didnt seem like it was a long time. Once again nothing wrong with Sabretooth winning, but durabilities were being downplayed in that story. Hell look at Sasquatch he got the worst of it. You can argue for Sas' durability sure (sometimes), but Wendigo? No! There's nothing to suggest he had poor durability other than being diced by Sabretooth, who has cut through metals, rock, organic steel, class 100's and has displayed the strength to rip things apart that are Adamantium resistant, at a time where the writer may have very well been under the impression that Sabretooth still had Adamantium claws. There's nothing there that supports your notion.

In the regards to what Sabretooth did? Darn right they have.

Once again do you understand the logistics of actually skinning something? No I never said ignore the feat I said the opposite in fact so dont try to pull that card please. As I said I have no problem with Sabretooth winning, but killing and skinning the immortal Wendigo? that's something I don't agree with.

Artistic representation, we don't have to beat this dead horse anymore.

Once again, do you understand the fail in comparing what you or I can do to a comic character?

You don't have to agree with it, but there's plenty of reasons to do so, and at the end of the day it's what happened.

jinzin
Because as noted Wendigo's immortality is different then theirs. Wolverine had immortality but lost it and admitted he can die again.

And has since proved that to be wrong. And has since been called immortal by on panel 3rd party narrative. (Though I don't agree that he's truly immortal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.