what if Samehada absorbs natural chakra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ichigo12
What would happen if Samehada (Kisame's sword) absorb natural chakra? It would became a little more rounded and then become
stone or what?

Q99
If it got a little it'd probably be fine, but too much, yea, stone.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ichigo12
What would happen if Samehada (Kisame's sword) absorb natural chakra? It would became a little more rounded and then become
stone or what?

If it kept on absorbing Sage Chakra, and did not transfer any Sage Chakra to its wielder, then yes, it would turn into a stone eventually. At what point it would turn into a stone is unknown, since Samehada's regular chakra levels are unknown. Its most notable wielder, Kisame, has enough Chakra to be considered a Bijuu, thus a Sage using that tactic effectively against Samehada and Kisame is nonsensical.

Nephthys
It would become a frog on a stick.

Demonic Phoenix
Naw, it'd eat that shit up faster and better than Minato could use FTG.

socool8520
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
If it kept on absorbing Sage Chakra, and did not transfer any Sage Chakra to its wielder, then yes, it would turn into a stone eventually. At what point it would turn into a stone is unknown, since Samehada's regular chakra levels are unknown. Its most notable wielder, Kisame, has enough Chakra to be considered a Bijuu, thus a Sage using that tactic effectively against Samehada and Kisame is nonsensical.

Does it ever state that the more chakra someone has, the more nature energy it can withstand without turning to stone? If not then I would imagine Samehada or Kisame would turn to stone just as fast as that absorbing path. It only says a balance is needed, but since Sameheda does not know the balance, as well as kisame for that matter, they shouyld both be equally screwed.

Demonic Phoenix
Does it outright state that if you have more chakra you can take in more Nature Energy without turning to stone? Not that I recall.
It's easily deducible though. In order to become a Sage you need to balance your levels of Natural Energy with your Physical and Spiritual Energy, i.e. your chakra. You only turn into a Toad if the level of Natural Energy you have is far in excess of your chakra levels.

Kisame has a chakra level greater than pretty much anyone except the Bijuu and A. He'd have to take in a ton of Natural Energy in order to turn into a stone, far more than that Path did.
Samehada's chakra levels are unknown, but it can quickly transfer any of its chakra into Kisame, who can then use it.

socool8520
Does it outright state that if you have more chakra you can take in more Nature Energy without turning to stone? Not that I recall.
It's easily deducible though. In order to become a Sage you need to balance your levels of Natural Energy with your Physical and Spiritual Energy, i.e. your chakra. You only turn into a Toad if the level of Natural Energy you have is far in excess of your chakra levels.

Kisame has a chakra level greater than pretty much anyone except the Bijuu and A. He'd have to take in a ton of Natural Energy in order to turn into a stone, far more than that Path did.
Samehada's chakra levels are unknown, but it can quickly transfer any of its chakra into Kisame, who can then use it.

The key word is balance. They do not know the balance. I can see why if you have more chakra it may take you longer to become stone. However, I don't think they are aware of this and would take in all the chakra supplied to them. Naruto could probably do the same thing to them he did to Pain.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by socool8520
The key word is balance. They do not know the balance. I can see why if you have more chakra it may take you longer to become stone. However, I don't think they are aware of this and would take in all the chakra supplied to them. Naruto could probably do the same thing to them he did to Pain.

No, the key word here is chakra levels. It does not matter if they don't know about the balance required, not when they would have far more chakra between them than Naruto does at his base levels.
And while they would try and take in all the chakra they can, they wouldn't store it like Preta did. Kisame would use it up for regeneration or something else.

socool8520
No, the key word here is chakra levels. It does not matter if they don't know about the balance required, not when they would have far more chakra between them than Naruto does at his base levels.
And while they would try and take in all the chakra they can, they wouldn't store it like Preta did. Kisame would use it up for regeneration or something else.

I don't remember it stating that if used for regeneration, you can take in more. actually doing this would mean you are in low supply of your own chakra and thus more likely to get the balance wrong. Plus, naruto could just keep supplying it to them. As long as he is still, he can keep feeding it to them and rapidly.

Demonic Phoenix
I don't remember it stating that if used for regeneration, you can take in more. actually doing this would mean you are in low supply of your own chakra and thus more likely to get the balance wrong. Plus, naruto could just keep supplying it to them. As long as he is still, he can keep feeding it to them and rapidly.

Samehada absorbs Sage Chakra. Kisame merges with Samehada and uses the absorbed chakra to regenerate any wounds, or he takes that chakra from Samehada and uses it for a jutsu. Absorbed Sage chakra = gone.

Have no idea why this has turned into a Kisame vs. SM Naruto, but I'll bite. Naruto never builds up Sage Chakra during the middle of a battle, which is why he needs clones. So he cannot keep feeding it to them, not unless Kisame is holding him, and this will not happen in all likelihood.

socool8520
Samehada absorbs Sage Chakra. Kisame merges with Samehada and uses the absorbed chakra to regenerate any wounds, or he takes that chakra from Samehada and uses it for a jutsu. Absorbed Sage chakra = gone.

Have no idea why this has turned into a Kisame vs. SM Naruto, but I'll bite. Naruto never builds up Sage Chakra during the middle of a battle, which is why he needs clones. So he cannot keep feeding it to them, not unless Kisame is holding him, and this will not happen in all likelihood.

It was never a battle between them two. it was merely an example. Besides, I wan't basing this off the fact that Samehada and Kisame were together. they are separated. The OP was just about Sameheda. It got side tracked to Samehada. Plus, the wiki on Kisame says he needs to be near a water source to drain chakra solo unless your attack relies on infusing chakra into him.

Also, Naruto has built up sage mode during a battle. he was clearly sage mode when he pushed the chakra receiver out of son goku, while just moments before he was kyuubi mode. he also went chakra mode in the midst of battle with the third raikage, so i can't agree with that statement.

Demonic Phoenix
It was never a battle between them two. it was merely an example. Besides, I wan't basing this off the fact that Samehada and Kisame were together. they are separated. The OP was just about Sameheda. It got side tracked to Samehada. Plus, the wiki on Kisame says he needs to be near a water source to drain chakra solo unless your attack relies on infusing chakra into him.

Also, Naruto has built up sage mode during a battle. he was clearly sage mode when he pushed the chakra receiver out of son goku, while just moments before he was kyuubi mode. he also went chakra mode in the midst of battle with the third raikage, so i can't agree with that statement.

Kisame does not need to be in a body of water to take chakra from Samehada, and it isn't proven that he can only drain chakra when he is in water. IMO, it had more to do with the fact that Aoba tried to paralyze him by sending his chakra through wires, and this allowed Kisame to drain his chakra.

He hasn't built up Sage mode when he was actually battling someone. When he built up Sage Mode against Son Goku, he was inside his mouth, and had nothing to distract him. Against the Third Raikage, he was sitting still and building up Sage Mode while the third was distracted by Dodai's rubber ball. He won't have a chance to build up Sage Mode if someone is attacking him. That's where clones come in.

socool8520
Kisame does not need to be in a body of water to take chakra from Samehada, and it isn't proven that he can only drain chakra when he is in water. IMO, it had more to do with the fact that Aoba tried to paralyze him by sending his chakra through wires, and this allowed Kisame to drain his chakra.

He hasn't built up Sage mode when he was actually battling someone. When he built up Sage Mode against Son Goku, he was inside his mouth, and had nothing to distract him. Against the Third Raikage, he was sitting still and building up Sage Mode while the third was distracted by Dodai's rubber ball. He won't have a chance to build up Sage Mode if someone is attacking him. That's where clones come in.

When has he drained chakra by simply touching someone? If he could do that, what need did he have of Sameheda? The Aoba was a particular instance. I can accept that he can absorb someone's chakra while they are sending into him directly. but the only other time he has absorbed chakra on his own that i can remember was when he had be trapped in that huge water prison.

This is irrelevant, you said he had to have clones doing it for him. I said he has done it without them. he is getting to the point where he can enter sage mode almost instantly. he only needed a limited amount of time to do it against the Raikage, and even less time in freeing son Goku. clones help obviously, but he is able to enter sage mode much quicker as of late.

Demonic Phoenix
When has he drained chakra by simply touching someone? If he could do that, what need did he have of Sameheda? The Aoba was a particular instance. I can accept that he can absorb someone's chakra while they are sending into him directly. but the only other time he has absorbed chakra on his own that i can remember was when he had be trapped in that huge water prison.

This is irrelevant, you said he had to have clones doing it for him. I said he has done it without them. he is getting to the point where he can enter sage mode almost instantly. he only needed a limited amount of time to do it against the Raikage, and even less time in freeing son Goku. clones help obviously, but he is able to enter sage mode much quicker as of late.

Point out where I said he could drain chakra by touching someone, and you might have some form of a counter.
The only time he can drain chakra by simply touching someone is when he is merged with Samehada, which is what you are talking about.

Considering it was his clones entering Sage Mode for him while he was moving towards Tobi, I wasn't wrong. vin
He is much faster now, but he still cannot build it up if someone is pressuring him and forcing him to move. Both the times you mentioned had him free from any attackers. So my point is relevant.

socool8520
Point out where I said he could drain chakra by touching someone, and you might have some form of a counter.
The only time he can drain chakra by simply touching someone is when he is merged with Samehada, which is what you are talking about.

Considering it was his clones entering Sage Mode for him while he was moving towards Tobi, I wasn't wrong. vin
He is much faster now, but he still cannot build it up if someone is pressuring him and forcing him to move. Both the times you mentioned had him free from any attackers. So my point is relevant.

I never said the kisame could absorb chakrs by touching. i thought that is what you were hinting at. But if we both agree that he can't, no big deal.

I see your point. You win. After re-reading the manga, I draw the same conclusion as you. On another note, it makes me realize how awesome Naruto is. He can pretty much be Kyuubi mode and his clones can be Sage mode at the same time. he is ridiculously powerful.

Demonic Phoenix
I never said the kisame could absorb chakrs by touching. i thought that is what you were hinting at. But if we both agree that he can't, no big deal.

I see your point. You win. After re-reading the manga, I draw the same conclusion as you. On another note, it makes me realize how awesome Naruto is. He can pretty much be Kyuubi mode and his clones can be Sage mode at the same time. he is ridiculously powerful.

Nah, I was hinting at something else. That Kisame could absorb chakra because Aoba and he were connected via Aoba's ropes.
http://www.mangareader.net/93-56761-5/naruto/chapter-506.html

Do I win a cookie? kruemelmonsteryn0
Naruto is ridiculously powerful at this point.

socool8520
Nah, I was hinting at something else. That Kisame could absorb chakra because Aoba and he were connected via Aoba's ropes.
http://www.mangareader.net/93-56761-5/naruto/chapter-506.html

I have no problem with this. It was shown he could do that. I just don't think he could touch someone and absorb chakra.

Do I win a cookie? kruemelmonsteryn0
Naruto is ridiculously powerful at this point.

I can admit when someone else's point trumps mine. Given there is ample evidence of course. This was one of those times.

Naruto sure is. I love it. he's topping the most powerful list right now unless tobi pulls another move from his sleeve.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.