Get The Gringo (Mel Gibson)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
This looks pretty amusing...

IMDB

roughrider
This is the film he shot nearly two years ago, renamed. They are still trying to get over Mel's toxic image of the past two years.

Patient_Leech
lol.. I see. People shouldn't confuse the man and his craft, though. Hell, I think Tom Cruise is a nutcase, but he's still a damn fine actor.

Myth
Originally posted by roughrider
This is the film he shot nearly two years ago, renamed. They are still trying to get over Mel's toxic image of the past two years.

When you see the trailer, they don't show that it is Mel in a mask for the first half of the trailer. I assumed that was so people didn't dismiss it right away and got excited for the movie before they discover it is a Mel Gibson movie.

BruceSkywalker
I haven't liked Gibson in a while, so i might pass on this

siriuswriter
The plot looks interesting - I just wish Mel would stop putting himself in the main roles - he's almost sixty now. So, who's the best "Young Mel" actor now out there? Opinions?

RE: Blaxican
Daniel Craig.

jinXed by JaNx
yep, Daniel Craig is our generations, Steve McQueen.If you guys wanted role models instead of actors then you should stop mirroring your lives after the celebrities. Who gives a f*ck what the man believes in and lives his life by. He's not a murderer or child rapist, but either way would it be wrong to admire the artist within him? No, it's called seeing the beauty in us all. Seperate what you believe to be the man from the artist and all you have is desire instead of creation.

Myth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
yep, Daniel Craig is our generations, Steve McQueen.If you guys wanted role models instead of actors then you should stop mirroring your lives after the celebrities. Who gives a f*ck what the man believes in and lives his life by. He's not a murderer or child rapist, but either way would it be wrong to admire the artist within him? No, it's called seeing the beauty in us all. Seperate what you believe to be the man from the artist and all you have is desire instead of creation.

Though I agree with you for the most part, it can send a message if his movies stop making movies thus he has a harder time landing a part in the future. It is like a small scale boycott where people are spreading awareness and letting it be known that certain behaviors will not be tolerated. As far as the quality of the movies, it has 0 effect, but as I said, it can send a message to society.

roughrider
Running time is 95 minutes, according to IMDB. Sounds like editing problems.

Mel continues to be toxic. Seriously, I still can't think of him without those immortal rantings from his telephone calls to Oksana in my head.
Like:

"YOU SHOULD JUST $%#&IN' SMILE, AANNNNDDDD BLLLOOOOOWWWWW MEEEEEEEE!!!!"

stick out tongue

siriuswriter
It's not that I think he shouldn't be in the movie because of his personal life, I just think he's outgrown these roles, and it's rather selfish of him to keep taking them when there's, yes, Daniel Craig.

roughrider
Well, the public ultimately decides these things.

Hermoine02
Thanks for sharing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.