Human Torch vs Firelord

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Johnny has the Cosmic Control Rod these days, how does he do against kril?

Galan007
Torch.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Galan007
Torch. Really?

Galan007
Srsly. Can't imagine FL harming a Celestial to any degree. Torch did. /shrug

Sin I AM
Srsly. Can't imagine FL harming a Celestial to any degree. Torch did. /shrug

really?

Damborgson
Torch was keeping Annihulus as his pet on a chain. After this he might give him some company.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sin I AM
really? Torch harmed a Celestial, yes. Blew its arm off. Mind you, it didn't cause any lasting damage (the Celestial simply mended itself), but still, to cause that type of 'harm' to a Celestial is a feat well beyond Firelord's ability. Imo.

guy222
Kril

lilshogun
Firelord!!

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
really?

Yup he did it vs the alternate reality "Rogue Celestials" the same guys that couldn't one shot kill the Thing and it took like three of them to burst IW's force field. Weaksauce.

Back on topic, I think HT with CCR wins. That thing is too powerful for a mid Herald like Firelord.

SamZED
Torch harmed a Celestial, yes. Blew its arm off. Mind you, it didn't cause any lasting damage (the Celestial simply mended itself), but still, to cause that type of 'harm' to a Celestial is a feat well beyond Firelord's ability. Imo. Sue did the same amount of damage with her force field. IMO Celestials were just jobbing.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
Sue did the same amount of damage with her force field. IMO Celestials were just jobbing. I agree and no one of the FF was killed after they broke Sue's shield.

dmills
Originally posted by Damborgson
Torch was keeping Annihulus as his pet on a chain. After this he might give him some company.

Annihilus as a pet on a chain? You're kidding right? Please?

Sr J-Bieb
Anyone who expects main characters to die are delusional. One shotted shows the level of power, since they can't exactly kill main characters like that.

How many times have we've seen high level characters not die due to attacks that should kill them?
Zeus didn't kill Black Knight. Chaos King didn't kill Surfer, Thor, and Hellstrom, etc.

Damborgson
Originally posted by dmills
Annihilus as a pet on a chain? You're kidding right? Please? no

Stoic
I don't think that they were trying to kill Susan, they just wanted to shove her out of the way so that they could eradicate Reed. The bursting of her force field, seemed more at first like they were gradually exerting minute amounts of force against it, and when they reached a certain threshold, it popped. The same goes for the Ben. They weren't there to kill him.

Galan007
Originally posted by SamZED
Sue did the same amount of damage with her force field. IMO Celestials were just jobbing. As Fantastic Four #400 explained, Sue draws her power from Hyperspace--and energy from Hyperspace essentially equates to Celestial Kryptonite. That said, it isn't surprising that she was able to harm one of the "mad" Celestials, considering her track record in that department (ie. destroying Exitar.)

However, Johnny damaging a Celestial is very impressive, imo.

kgkg
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Anyone who expects main characters to die are delusional. One shotted shows the level of power, since they can't exactly kill main characters like that.
It's always amusing when you see someone make that argument to downplay a character.

YFZ 350
Firelord wins.

OneDumbG0
Johnny with Cosmic Control Rod.

abhilegend
Human torch wins.

JakeTheBank
Johnny. Dude's hardcore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.