If you had 100 trillion dollars what would you do with?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
You can use any country currency you want. And do what ever you want.

Digi
Become Batman.

Many other things too, not worth listing because they are not noteworthy in terms of a forum response. Charities, technology and research grants, houses (maybe a castle), travel. Not cars. I don't have that particular fetish.

But I'm serious. I'd become Batman.

Realistically as well, you'd have to distribute a lot of it into VERY diversified interests. A person with that much money could literally topple economies on a whim. I'd probably have to hire an entire firm just to manage my assets.

FinalAnswer
Donate it all to cancer research.

Become amused when cancer remains not-cured.

Omega Vision
buy China

Mindship
Go bionic.

NemeBro
Edit

NemeBro
Give it to Bethesda's play-testing department.

Lord Lucien
Keep it to avoid f*cking up the world economy and drawing attention to myself, only spending it in small amounts.

Darth Jello
100 Trillion dollars? Removing life from the equation, isn't that the combined value of the resources of all the four inner planets?
I could live in unrestrained freedom, be a world saving do-gooder, or waste it all on synthesizing enough antimatter to make a working photon torpedo (the price on antihydrogen these days is what, 3.5 trillion dollars an ounce?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Darth Jello
100 Trillion dollars? Removing life from the equation, isn't that the combined value of the resources of all the four inner planets?

Just curious, but where did you see such a statistic?

I would think the four inner planets would have much more mineral resources than that.

Thoren
I'd build me my own Downton Abbey.

dadudemon
I would fund a massive project to create human-like AI. Then I would task and fund the AI with curing death.

Thoren
Then the AI would turn on mankind, and kill us.

rudester
If I had a trillion dollars I prob go crazy. It is estimated that new found wealth IE, people who win the lottery tend to lose their winnings within three years just because they can not handle being rich.

I would probably build roads, help the city where I am living try to establish itself and make it more attractive by donating money towards thee arts. IE hire a sulpture to do monuments and statues all around the city.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Just curious, but where did you see such a statistic?

I would think the four inner planets would have much more mineral resources than that. I remember it from an ecology class regarding financial estimates of natural resources. The Earth's value is something like $245 Quadrillion Dollars but the value of it's non-living resources is only something like $30 Trillion. Keeping in mind that certain materials, such as diamonds are grossly inflated in value by market manipulation and that other resources may be rare on earth but common throughout the universe. Now keeping in mind differences in size and the idea that the four terrestrial planets and their moons are more or less made of the same shit, that leaves the values of the non-living real estate of the inner solar system at somewhere in the ballpark of 100 trillion bucks.

wakkawakkawakka
I'd fund nuclear powerplants and try to fund a project for building nuclear warheads. Then once having said war-heads I'd declare war on the planet, destroying vegetation and what-not, and establish myself as the most notorious villain in human history.

Either that or I'd **** with rap and R&B artists...or build schools.

rotiart
Take all Debt held by the federal government plus the states, counties, cities and other municipalities and pay it off.

Make phone calls to every financial institution in the country and pay off every debt there is.

Based upon current figures that would take about 35 trillion dollars.

I've paid off every house, car, credit card. The budget is balanced. Now what?
Figure how many house representatives. I gove about 100 billion to each district to do with as they feel necessary. So that's now about another 43.5 trillion.

I've spent 78.5 trillion, take 10 trillion and toss it at the federal government to make sure social security has enough money to last us for a while.

Then I take that 11.5 trillion and say I'm tired of all the whining about reparations... And there is less than but let's round up to it... 40 million African Americans today. So I pay out 8 trillion divided equally for reparations of 200000 to each person. Now with these fat checks who do you blame for all the problems. Everyone is equal footing.

With the last 3 trillion I buy star wars from George Lucas and give it to Steven spielberg to do it right. And I build my own theater to watch every movie Ive ever wanted to without some annoying person bothering me.

I keep the other 500 billion. It could come in handy.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by rotiart
Take all Debt held by the federal government plus the states, counties, cities and other municipalities and pay it off.

Make phone calls to every financial institution in the country and pay off every debt there is.

Based upon current figures that would take about 35 trillion dollars.

I've paid off every house, car, credit card. The budget is balanced. Now what?
Figure how many house representatives. I gove about 100 billion to each district to do with as they feel necessary. So that's now about another 43.5 trillion.

I've spent 78.5 trillion, take 10 trillion and toss it at the federal government to make sure social security has enough money to last us for a while.

Then I take that 11.5 trillion and say I'm tired of all the whining about reparations... And there is less than but let's round up to it... 40 million African Americans today. So I pay out 8 trillion divided equally for reparations of 200000 to each person. Now with these fat checks who do you blame for all the problems. Everyone is equal footing.

With the last 3 trillion I buy star wars from George Lucas and give it to Steven spielberg to do it right. And I build my own theater to watch every movie Ive ever wanted to without some annoying person bothering me.

I keep the other 500 billion. It could come in handy.
I don't think Star Wars would cost 3 trillion.

I'd be surprised if George Lucas wouldn't sell it for 10-15 billion.

Placidity
Originally posted by dadudemon
I would fund a massive project to create human-like AI. Then I would task and fund the AI with curing death.

For someone who is open about being Christian, you should know all of mankind will experience death. Also, without death, the Earth will be overpopulated very quickly.

Shakyamunison
I would make everyone on the Earth rich beyond their belief, and then all of the economy on the Earth would collapse.

This reminds me of a D&D game I DM'ed years ago. The campaigners found a ever-flowing chest of gold. They set it up and printed gold coins after gold coins until gold was so common that no one wanted it. This totally destroyed the game world and lead to a big war were the chest was lost.

Thoren
I'd also have Germany deport Bardock42.

For shits and giggles. ermmhappy

Astner
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
And do what ever you want.
I'd do as little as possible. Preferably in a huge villa, with a harem, somewhere hot.

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I would make everyone on the Earth rich beyond their belief, and then all of the economy on the Earth would collapse.

Likely not, in 10-20 years the majority of the wealth would flow back to the 1%. Never underestimate greed and need.

Can of corn now cost $1,458.45 etc.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Likely not, in 10-20 years the majority of the wealth would flow back to the 1%. Never underestimate greed and need.

Can of corn now cost $1,458.45 etc.

Anyone have change for a billion dollar bill? I want to get lunch out of the vending machine.

Colossus-Big C
give ten trillion to the government to make sure they have money for social security for a while???

recently 9 trillion dollars just vanished from the government and no one knows what happened! your money donation would vanish without you knowing what happened.

rudester
I'd pay someone uglier then me to stand next to me so that I can seem hotter...lol ahahahhahahha

Flyattractor
I would build the Death Star.

Colossus-Big C
I would buy america and run it my way.

I would feed every homeless person on the planet.

I would force all the power plant companies in the word to change to to clean power source such as solar power or put them out of business, i would force all car companies to build cars that do not run on gas, or 100 miles per gallon

I would become Black Adam.

Symmetric Chaos
Threaten to spend it.

wakkawakkawakka
Ha!!! Not trying to make fun of anyone specifically but I don't see anyone benefitting religion in all of this. Just saying smile

C'mon no nukes?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Ha!!! Not trying to make fun of anyone specifically but I don't see anyone benefitting religion in all of this. Just saying smile

C'mon no nukes?

Oh ya, Buddhism would become the world religion. Now that would be ironic.

Digi
Originally posted by Thoren
Then the AI would turn on mankind, and kill us.

I hate this stereotype. Keeps us from pursuing this kind of research. Removing other variables, there's just as much likelihood that they wouldn't. But, adding variables, there's less chance they'd be rampantly homicidal because unchecked violence is usually untenable as an evolutionary tendency. This would not change because they are created in a different manner.

But we'd pull the plug at every hiccup, which is why the research would have to be almost entirely secret. Actually, this unlimited money scenario might be great for it.

This reminds me of a D&D game I DM'ed years ago. The campaigners found a ever-flowing chest of gold. They set it up and printed gold coins after gold coins until gold was so common that no one wanted it. This totally destroyed the game world and lead to a big war were the chest was lost.

Epic.

I would buy america and run it my way.

I would feed every homeless person on the planet.

I would force all the power plant companies in the word to change to to clean power source such as solar power or put them out of business, i would force all car companies to build cars that do not run on gas, or 100 miles per gallon

I would become Black Adam.

Well, aside from the fact that you can't obtain Adam's powers, there's already plenty of BA's running around on the planet. But you'd draw a ton of attention to yourself and would be assassinated. No amount of money would stop that from happening. Enjoy your short-lived dystopia.

super pr*xy
i'd buy a gas station and make 300 trillion by next week..

Omega Vision
give ten trillion to the government to make sure they have money for social security for a while???

recently 9 trillion dollars just vanished from the government and no one knows what happened! your money donation would vanish without you knowing what happened.
I'd give 10 trillion to create a government agency to investigate the disappearance of the first 10 trillion.

Then buy golden parachutes for every man, woman, and child in Pakistan.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'd fund a research project tasked in creating the perfect robotic sex slave, aimed in replacing humans in prostitution, effectively eliminating widespread transfer of VDs and HIV.

These robots have human AI and have the same likeness to human flesh and bone. They also have a basic set of senses, and can orgasm and respond to stimulus.

marwash22
two chicks at the same time.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by marwash22
two chicks at the same time. Only 2? Why not 50 THOUSAND!

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Only 2? Why not 50 THOUSAND! Baby steps.

Thoren
I'd sure as hell fund space programs. Maybe look at starting a moon colony.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Baby steps.
With a 100 trill?

PUT ON THEM BIG DAMN BOOTS AND DO SOME STOMPIN!!!!

RE: Blaxican
I'd probably just die from a massive heart attack due to the surprise of becoming so rich.

Thread sucks.

jinXed by JaNx
id give everyone in the world a million dollars

marwash22
I would buy GM, then give every black person i met $1 million. biscuits

ADarksideJedi
I wouuld pay off any bills and then buy a manion in CA and live there.And get some cars.

Stoic
I've read a mental health book about this type of talk. It was described as having a slight case of schizophrenia. It's right there in the dictionary of psychology. The more detailed the response to what the person would do if they won such and such amount, defined how deeply the condition was, or is.

inimalist
Originally posted by Stoic
I've read a mental health book about this type of talk. It was described as having a slight case of schizophrenia. It's right there in the dictionary of psychology. The more detailed the response to what the person would do if they won such and such amount, defined how deeply the condition was, or is.

Stoic
Originally posted by inimalist

I couldn't find it out there on wiki, but I honestly read it in that dictionary, and found that I was guilty of such behavior as well. smile This is what I did find though.

1. Characteristic symptoms: Two or more of the following, each present for much of the time during a one-month period (or less, if symptoms remitted with treatment).
* Delusions
* Hallucinations
* Disorganized speech, which is a manifestation of formal thought disorder
* Grossly disorganized behavior (e.g. dressing inappropriately, crying frequently) or catatonic behavior
* Negative symptoms: Blunted affect (lack or decline in emotional response), alogia (lack or decline in speech), or avolition (lack or decline in motivation)

If the delusions are judged to be bizarre, or hallucinations consist of hearing one voice participating in a running commentary of the patient's actions or of hearing two or more voices conversing with each other, only that symptom is required above. The speech disorganization criterion is only met if it is severe enough to substantially impair communication.

2. Social or occupational dysfunction: For a significant portion of the time since the onset of the disturbance, one or more major areas of functioning such as work, interpersonal relations, or self-care, are markedly below the level achieved prior to the onset.
3. Significant duration: Continuous signs of the disturbance persist for at least six months. This six-month period must include at least one month of symptoms (or less, if symptoms remitted with treatment).

inimalist
I couldn't find it out there on wiki, but I honestly read it in that dictionary, and found that I was guilty of such behavior as well. smile

/facepalm

I'm sure you did read it somewhere

I am also unsurprised that you read the symptoms of s psychological disorder and immediately thought you had them. Welcome to the most common thing ever in the history of the world.

This is what I did find though.

1. Characteristic symptoms: Two or more of the following, each present for much of the time during a one-month period (or less, if symptoms remitted with treatment).
* Delusions
* Hallucinations
* Disorganized speech, which is a manifestation of formal thought disorder
* Grossly disorganized behavior (e.g. dressing inappropriately, crying frequently) or catatonic behavior
* Negative symptoms: Blunted affect (lack or decline in emotional response), alogia (lack or decline in speech), or avolition (lack or decline in motivation)

If the delusions are judged to be bizarre, or hallucinations consist of hearing one voice participating in a running commentary of the patient's actions or of hearing two or more voices conversing with each other, only that symptom is required above. The speech disorganization criterion is only met if it is severe enough to substantially impair communication.

2. Social or occupational dysfunction: For a significant portion of the time since the onset of the disturbance, one or more major areas of functioning such as work, interpersonal relations, or self-care, are markedly below the level achieved prior to the onset.
3. Significant duration: Continuous signs of the disturbance persist for at least six months. This six-month period must include at least one month of symptoms (or less, if symptoms remitted with treatment).

ya, that is more or less a word for word copy of the DSM criteria for schizophrenia diagnosis.

How do you think delusions relate in any way to what we are talking about? people suffering delusions would be much less able to determine what to spend limitless amounts of money on than would people without them...

Stoic
/facepalm

I'm sure you did read it somewhere

I am also unsurprised that you read the symptoms of s psychological disorder and immediately thought you had them. Welcome to the most common thing ever in the history of the world.

ya, that is more or less a word for word copy of the DSM criteria for schizophrenia diagnosis.

How do you think delusions relate in any way to what we are talking about? people suffering delusions would be much less able to determine what to spend limitless amounts of money on than would people without them...

No the dictionary was quite specific in it's explanation. What I got was from wiki. As I stated, I could not find the quote that I read in the Dictionary of Psychology, but it does not mean that I am telling a fib. Like I said, I was guilty of describing in detail, what I would have done if I won, such and such amount. It also said that it was a sign of having a slight amount of the disorder. Key word is slight.

inimalist
No the dictionary was quite specific in it's explanation. What I got was from wiki. As I stated, I could not find the quote that I read in the Dictionary of Psychology, but it does not mean that I am telling a fib.

I'm not accusing you of lying, I'm saying your source is wrong

Like I said, I was guilty of describing in detail, what I would have done if I won, such and such amount. It also said that it was a sign of having a slight amount of the disorder. Key word is slight.

you are missing some part of the equation then, because having a detailed idea of what you would spend unlimited money on is not symptomatic of schizophrenia. There is no "hyper-organized" subtype.

Could it have been something like a restricted amount of money, like, what you would do with $10, and listing far too many things?

Stoic
I'm not accusing you of lying, I'm saying your source is wrong

you are missing some part of the equation then, because having a detailed idea of what you would spend unlimited money on is not symptomatic of schizophrenia. There is no "hyper-organized" subtype.

Could it have been something like a restricted amount of money, like, what you would do with $10, and listing far too many things?

No it literally said that people who make detailed accounts of what they would do if they won substantial amounts of money, fall into the category of having a slight amount of the disorder. Honest Indian. I had to check myself, and realized that i had done what it described several times. If you go and read the definition of being schizophrenic on the wiki site that I was on, you will see some common symptoms that lend power to what i read in that dictionary. Socioeconomic situations were very interesting among other citations on that link. here read it for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

inimalist
No it literally said that people who make detailed accounts of what they would do if they won a substantial amounts of money, fall into the category of having a slight amount of the disorder. Honest Indian.

yes, I believe you read that somewhere, don't worry. The internet is full of completely BS information, especially about issues of psychology and mental health, especially about schizophrenia (psychopathy and sociopathy as well, hell, add depression and ADHD to that list... ugh)

however, if we look at what scientists say, first, we see there is no published literature, at all, about schizophrenia and lottery winnings

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=schizophrenia%20lottery

and a search for "schizophrenia money" returns 5 pages of results, none of which deal with the ability to plan what you would spend money on as a sign of schizophrenia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=schizophrenia%20money

(in fact, it is such an unsearched topic that PubMed suggests I am looking for "schizophrenia monkey"wink

further, individuals with schizophrenia are seen to have sporadic, at best, incentive to perform based on winning monetary rewards

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19821433
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9824878

the second link is especially important, as the Wisconsin card sorting task specifically requires the ability to organize one's thoughts, which would be crucial for detailing things to spend money on. A loss of this cognitive organizational capacity is nearly tautological with schizophrenia.

additionally, when tested in economic games, individuals with schizophrenia show a decreased ability compared to non-clinical populations

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17905200
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17916386
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21035194

and finally, when people actually check how individuals with schizophrenia spend their money, they find close to 70% of their disposable income spent on addictive/psychoactive substances (cigarettes, alcohol, drugs)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17901909

do you have any evidence at all?

I had to check myself, and realized that i had done what it described several times. If you go and read the definition of being schizophrenic on the wiki site that I was on, you will see some common symptoms that lend power to what i read in that dictionary. Socioeconomic situations were very interesting among other citations on that link.

/sigh

which common symptoms of schizophrenia suggest what you are saying?

I shouldn't have to try and interpret the point you are making...

here read it for yourself.

the only mention of money on that page describes how 70% of the population believes people with schizophrenia are irresponsible with their money.

Shakyamunison
No it literally said that people who make detailed accounts of what they would do if they won substantial amounts of money, fall into the category of having a slight amount of the disorder. Honest Indian. I had to check myself, and realized that i had done what it described several times. If you go and read the definition of being schizophrenic on the wiki site that I was on, you will see some common symptoms that lend power to what i read in that dictionary. Socioeconomic situations were very interesting among other citations on that link. here read it for yourself.

What? No, making planes to spend money that you don't have is not a mental disorder. It is called planning a vacation.

inimalist
What? No, making planes to spend money that you don't have is not a mental disorder. It is called planning a vacation.

apparently, budgeting one's paycheque is a sign of schizophrenia...

Shakyamunison

I've suspected that for a long time. laughing out loud

Stoic

You don't get it. It's the role playing part in your mind that the dictionary was referring to. It also did not say that those that partook in this behavior were full blown, but rather exhibit slight signs of the disorder. Again the keyword here is slight.

inimalist
You don't get it. It's the role playing part in your mind that the dictionary was referring to. It also did not say that those that partook in this behavior were full blown, but rather exhibit slight signs of the disorder.

then you have part of the test wrong, or what they are measuring...

for instance, just naming many things with unlimited money would not be a sign of any schizophrenia, regardless of the number named.

However, say you said, "How many groceries could you buy with $10", different subtypes of schizophrenia would give different answers, and more would not always be symptomatic of a disorder (the catatonic subtype would be expected to give much less than a non-clinical individual).

Additionally, such a test would be really inconclusive. You could pin down sterotypic or perseverance patterns in cognition, you could pick up repetition or rule breaking, but none of those relate to a diagnosis of schizophrenia specifically. In every case, there are numerous reasons that such biases could exist. In fact, most disorders that impact the dopamine system or the basal ganglia would produce those effects, including things that tend to be largely motor disorders (Parkinson's).

But simply just a numerical count of the number of things? that has no value whatsoever, I'm sorry, there could literally be hundreds of non-pathological reasons a person would list more things (for instance, simply having thought more about it in the past, or coming from a SES that alters the way they think about needs in a more greedy or ostentatious manner, or being more interested in the task). Your source is just flat out wrong.

like, can you provide a link to anything that suggests this is actually a thing? I don't think that is a test for schizophrenia at all... Like, maybe it is older? Something that would describe the schizophrenic mind as "role playing" does not sound like modern clinical psychology... It almost sounds like one of those personality tests where they are trying to sell you something at the end(?)

Again the keyword here is slight.

there is no such thing as slight schizophrenia

there are schizotype disorders, but even then, I'd imagine people who suffer those wouldn't agree with the adverb

rudester
If I won a trillion dollars, i'd go...ooga oooga ooga and try to spend it all in one day...lol

Omega Vision
Hilarious how Stoic is linking a wiki page on psychology to a Psych Grad Student.

inimalist
to be fair, I'm generally impressed by the quality of Wiki psychology pages and check them frequently when I need a quick sort of answer to something.

Omega Vision
to be fair, I'm generally impressed by the quality of Wiki psychology pages and check them frequently when I need a quick sort of answer to something.
yeah, still hilarious how he's trying to argue when he's so clearly out of his depth.

inimalist
yeah, still hilarious how he's trying to argue when he's so clearly out of his depth.

idk, if he really did read that somewhere it can't be helped I suppose

but ya, really strange claim

Colossus-Big C
Hilarious how Stoic is linking a wiki page on psychology to a Psych Grad Student. Contrary to popular belief wikipedia is very accurate

Shakyamunison
Contrary to popular belief wikipedia is very accurate

Is that what wikipedia says?

Colossus-Big C
Is that what wikipedia says? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is a serious question. Don't they have a disclaimer?

inimalist
It is a serious question. Don't they have a disclaimer?

any study I've seen that looks into its accuracy finds that it doesn't have any more mistakes than conventional encyclopedias, though its mistakes tend to have more intentional bias than simply being mistaken.

For instance, I still will probably say something about the statement they have on one of the Occupy pages that suggests Canada has never seen such unrest as the occupy Canada movement, likely written by some occupy supporter who was far to enthusiastic about their numbers (for instance, the Marijuana marches held in Canada literally draw about 10x the number of protesters than the "day of anger" occupy protest did... not to mention our 3 regional separatist movements, native occupations of Caledonia , etc, etc, etc)

Omega Vision
Contrary to popular belief wikipedia is very accurate
I wasn't questioning the accuracy of any Wikipedia article, in fact I'm a steadfast proponent of it as a legitimate source in (most) instances.

cdtm
Is that what wikipedia says?

No, it says it's prone to bias, and the co founder says not to trust it.

...if Wikipedia is unreliable, and it says it's not reliable, that means it IS reliable....? O_o

Seriously though, it's common sense that anything said on an open wiki should be taken with a grain of salt. It's good for general info, but the main for "serious" debate I'd rather see quotes from the sources Wikipedia is quoting, than from Wikipedia itself..

cdtm
And I'd try and take over the world.

With possible success, this time around.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by cdtm
No, it says it's prone to bias, and the co founder says not to trust it.

...if Wikipedia is unreliable, and it says it's not reliable, that means it IS reliable....? O_o

Seriously though, it's common sense that anything said on an open wiki should be taken with a grain of salt. It's good for general info, but the main for "serious" debate I'd rather see quotes from the sources Wikipedia is quoting, than from Wikipedia itself..

Ya, that was the point I was getting at. cool

Bigon
Wouldn't that be tantamount to ruling the Earth? Owning all the natural resources? So the question would be, "if you were world dictator...?"

0mega Spawn
build an army take over the world making one government.
then thrusting my nation into a new millennium of science.
do away with religion. hmm all i can think of now

majid86
Build the largest palace on Earth, so big you can see it from space.
Bulid an army to take over the world (especially India).
End poverty in all the places in the world which i care about.
Completly remove all white people from Earth by putting them in a rocket and shooting it towards the Sun.

That's all i can think of at the moment.

Clone
Originally posted by majid86
Build the largest palace on Earth, so big you can see it from space.
Bulid an army to take over the world (especially India).
End poverty in all the places in the world which i care about.
Completly remove all white people from Earth by putting them in a rocket and shooting it towards the Sun.

That's all i can think of at the moment. all the white people??

Symmetric Chaos
virulent racism

Flyattractor
I would buy DC comics to get them away from WB and set them up as an independent company and back their tv shows and movies.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
virulent racism
Majid can't be racist remember? It doesn't count if you hate white people.

majid86
Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would buy DC comics to get them away from WB and set them up as an independent company and back their tv shows and movies.

Fantastic idea.

I would go even further by merging both Marvel and DC into one company so that way you would have all my favourite Marvel/DC characters in a single comic universe.

Omega Vision
How can you like superhero comics? 95% of the characters are white.

majid86
Ha Ha Ha!

Symmetric Chaos
How can you like superhero comics? 95% of the characters are white.

He only reads Hudlin's run of Black Panther.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
virulent racism It doesnt count if you hate white americans.

Omega Vision
It doesnt count if you hate white americans.
Are you being serious?

Colossus-Big C
Are you being serious? No. Were you?

majid86
1. Create an entire army of clones/cyborgs to take over the entire world especially invading Europe and North America.
2. Build the largest palace on Earth about 5 times the size of the Pentagon and it would be so big you can see it from space.
3. End poverty in all the places in the world that i care about.
4. Build a time machine or better yet a teleportation machine.
5. Destroy all nuclear weapons.
6. And last but not least completely remove all white people from Earth by putting them in a huge skyscarper sized rocket and then shooting it directly towards the Sun.

dadudemon
1. Create an entire army of clones/cyborgs to take over the entire world especially invading Europe and North America.
2. Build the largest palace on Earth about 5 times the size of the Pentagon and it would be so big you can see it from space.
6. And last but not least completely remove all white people from Earth by putting them in a huge skyscarper sized rocket and then shooting it directly towards the Sun.

But what about me? I'm one of the good kind of "white people" that you'd want to keep around. Why, with my brains and your ideas, I could work for you and create a cure for the white people and turn them a delicious brown! Then you can keep all the white people because of my Vicissitude Gene-Therapy Solution (VGTS program...it would be an acronym whose pronunciation is "vaggots"wink.

The only payment I would want from you, dear leader, would be the blessing to mate with many many beautiful brown women. With your blessing, of course.

majid86
There is no such thing as a 'good white person'. They are an evil ethnicity who must be crushed.

dadudemon
There is no such thing as a 'good white person'. They are an evil ethnicity who must be crushed.

Since it is just superficial, I could fix the evil you speak up with awesome gene therapy. Don't forget, vaggots, man!

alltoomany
become a Quaker

Shakyamunison

I would give it back, minus a small service charge. Lets say like .01% charge.

Colossus-Big C
So keep like $10 for yourself? Lol

Lord Lucien
So keep like $10 for yourself? Lol I think .01% of 100 trillion is closer to 100 billion, actually.

rudester
sings, "if I had a trillion dollars...id be rich..lol I hate that song.

Lord Lucien
You'd be able to eat all the Kraft Dinner and buy really, expensive ketchups for it. All the fanciest ketch---Dijon ketchup!

rudester
ahahahaha

alltoomany
Be Santa

ArtificialGlory

I would give it back, minus a small service charge. Lets say like .01% charge.

So what would you do with the leftover 10 billion(or 100bl, whatever)?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
So what would you do with the leftover 10 billion(or 100bl, whatever)?

I would take a small amount, say 100 million, and retire. The rest would go into a company that would help people around the world.

Colossus-Big C
I would take a small amount, say 100 million, and retire. The rest would go into a company that would help people around the world. Some people can spend 100million in one day..

Shakyamunison
Some people can spend 100million in one day..

I'm a simple Buddhist. wink

Mindset
Iron Man suit.

juggernaut94

Esau Cairn
All I ask for is world peace.

And a blowjob.

rudester
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
All I ask for is world peace.

And a blowjob.

blowjobs are over-rated, id settle for beer and tv cable from all the channels of the world.

Major_Lexington
Happy Dance

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by rudester
blowjobs are over-rated, id settle for beer and tv cable from all the channels of the world. hetaBX00wtI

RaverSnowLep
Id make a movie of course!

Esau Cairn
blowjobs are over-rated, id settle for beer and tv cable from all the channels of the world.

You obviously haven't had one from yer mom. smokin'

En Sabah Nur X
I would start an accelerated program to advance synthetic biology into multicellular lifeform. Focusing on a high speed dna synthesizer to be able to craft multiple chromosomes fast and at low cost.

I would also start the sequencing and comparison of near cancer proof whales and related species, to uncover the secrets of cancer resistance.

Would also add more funding to negligible senescence animal research to see how their biochemistry makes these animals ageless compared to closely related animals.

Would fund artificial general intelligence research, and offer serious prizes with good milestones.

Probably a few energy research initiatives into fusion and solar too!

rudester
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
You obviously haven't had one from yer mom. smokin'

gross dude...now thats all im going to have in my head.. ur sick.

Maybe at your house but not mine.. mad

rudester
If I had a trillion dollars id fix roads and create clean water systems for the poorest nations.

Astner
With a hundred trillion dollars? Anything I wanted.

AsbestosFlaygon
The dream of every Arab.

Major_Lexington
Make it my life plan to make all currency defunct, back to barter!

Esau Cairn
gross dude...now thats all im going to have in my head.. ur sick.

Maybe at your house but not mine.. mad

And you call yourself, Rudester?

FistOfThe North
i'd give 50% of it to the 99% and 45% to finding a cure for all cancers, the aids virus and all major genetic diseases.

the remainging 5% would be mine. of course i'd establish myself nicely with good food, clothing and shelter in a nice area but i'd probably get into building (with top help including the gaming community) i'd want the best mathmaticians, the best physics guys, the top scientists, to help me construct the most technologically advance, consumer friendly, open sourced, open minded video game consloe the world, and sony, and ms and nintendo and pc, has ever seen. i'm talking about cutting out all the politics the business the delayed launch dates, the bs and all the fluff. just balls to the wall the perfect video game perfect console that blows by anything by like 20 - 50 years. i'd put in as much heart and as much resources and as much time that i could into it and not because of the money or revenue or shareholders but for the love of (good) gaming and the gaming community.

and on my spare time just excersice, go to the gym or play poker with friends and in big tournaments on tv like the wpt or the world series of poker.

inimalist
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
i'd want the best mathmaticians, the best physics guys, the top scientists, to help me construct the most technologically advance, consumer friendly, open sourced, open minded video game consloe the world, and sony, and ms and nintendo and pc, has ever seen.

you don't think there might be a better use of these individuals' time and expertise?

FistOfThe North
you don't think there might be a better use of these individuals' time and expertise?

no. it'd be my endeavor that i could afford to launch and i'd pay them handsomely for their efforts. in the end, they are workers woking for money. i'm just offering them jobs and the chance to be apart of tech history.

they could always decline the job offer. and no one would be held hostage as an employee of mine. besides, i think the world will be alright if a couple of braniacs were at my disposal for a half decade or two.

it would be fine.

Robtard
You really like gaming, huh.

inimalist
no. it'd be my endeavor that i could afford to launch and i'd pay them handsomely for their efforts. in the end, they are workers woking for money. i'm just offering them jobs and the chance to be apart of tech history.

they could always decline the job offer. and no one would be held hostage as an employee of mine.

well, you are in luck, because the vast majority of the top level or elite physicists, engineers and mathematicians would almost certainly turn you down, as, given their status as elite members of the scientific community, there is very little stopping them from being involved in the games industry if they wanted. Additionally, their skill set may be relevant, but game, and especially console design, requires much more than simply understanding how to code. Mathematicians wont be much help designing an intuitive experience for the gamer compared to even entry level employees in most CS departments at modern game studios.

Scientists who are the top of their field are also not really known for being driven by finances. Most, if not all, earn a very good salary already, and if they were motivated by financial gain, there are many private sector options available to them, which they have foregone in pursuit of their own research goals. There is the further issue that most top level scientists are older, and wont have a lot of personal experience with games.

So, you would be better cherry picking top level design and CS talent from the major hardware designers to work with young engineers who may not be the best in the field, but will have first hand experience with gaming and might have new and revolutionary ideas based on those experiences. Steven Hawking would have little if anything worthwhile to contribute to the design of a game system that a computer engineering graduate student wouldn't find intuitive.

besides, i think the world will be alright if a couple of braniacs were at my disposal for a half decade or two.

it would be fine.

no, I think the world would be far, far, far better off if those couple of brainiacs literally sat in a room doing nothing else but thinking about anything else that interests them.

Like, the game system you have described is being held back by corporate greed, copyright law and lack of investment, not scientific or technological issues. You would be better hiring the best corporate lawyers than the best scientists.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Robtard
You really like gaming, huh.

hey rob, long time.

i do. i even wrote a 25 page capstone in college on the video games industry that had to be completed before i walked across the stage.

i'm more of a pc gamer though. i quit consoles a couple of years ago for being too limiting and dated. retro games are cool but i'm more into the tech of gaming and the future of it. the cutting edge, innovative stuff. not the trendy or popular stuff though. there has to be substance. just built my own gaming pc. she's a beast. and i'm not done. the gefore gtx 680 (the world's most powerful graphics card) just came out and as soon as they fix the kinks i'm on it.

do you game?

Robtard
Some Xbox and have gamed on PC in the past. I'm a light/casual gamer.

FistOfThe North
well, you are in luck, because the vast majority of the top level or elite physicists, engineers and mathematicians would almost certainly turn you down, as, given their status as elite members of the scientific community, there is very little stopping them from being involved in the games industry if they wanted. Additionally, their skill set may be relevant, but game, and especially console design, requires much more than simply understanding how to code. Mathematicians wont be much help designing an intuitive experience for the gamer compared to even entry level employees in most CS departments at modern game studios.

Scientists who are the top of their field are also not really known for being driven by finances. Most, if not all, earn a very good salary already, and if they were motivated by financial gain, there are many private sector options available to them, which they have foregone in pursuit of their own research goals. There is the further issue that most top level scientists are older, and wont have a lot of personal experience with games.

So, you would be better cherry picking top level design and CS talent from the major hardware designers to work with young engineers who may not be the best in the field, but will have first hand experience with gaming and might have new and revolutionary ideas based on those experiences. Steven Hawking would have little if anything worthwhile to contribute to the design of a game system that a computer engineering graduate student wouldn't find intuitive.

no, I think the world would be far, far, far better off if those couple of brainiacs literally sat in a room doing nothing else but thinking about anything else that interests them.

Like, the game system you have described is being held back by corporate greed, copyright law and lack of investment, not scientific or technological issues. You would be better hiring the best corporate lawyers than the best scientists.

very good ...

you made it make sense nicely. it's actually an excellent piece of consult. you'd be the type of person i'd hire as a consultant for the initial stages and more than likely be kept on until the end if you prove as valuable as you were initially.

inimalist
very good ...

you made it make sense nicely. it's actually an excellent piece of consult. you'd be the type of person i'd hire as a consultant for the initial stages and more than likely be kept on until the end if you prove as valuable as you were initially.

my first piece of advice would be to not hire me and find someone who knows the industry, preferably people who have been involved in at least one platform launch, or people with large connections into the industry who might know the right people to do this.

I've got no interest in designing a video game system and no expertise in the field; a total waste of the dump truck of money it would cost you to hire me for such a position.

Symmetric Chaos
my first piece of advice would be to not hire me and find someone who knows the industry

Clearly.

First rule of business: Always get money up front if you can, then see if you can do the job.

FistOfThe North
my first piece of advice would be to not hire me and find someone who knows the industry, preferably people who have been involved in at least one platform launch, or people with large connections into the industry who might know the right people to do this.

I've got no interest in designing a video game system and no expertise in the field; a total waste of the dump truck of money it would cost you to hire me for such a position.

that's why i wrote that you'd be the type of person i'd hire. like the consultant type. but obviously it would be someone whom not only has the expertise i'd need, but a passion with my vision, as well.

blesson
i make my company

blesson
i want us currency

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Digi

Well, aside from the fact that you can't obtain Adam's powers, there's already plenty of BA's running around on the planet. But you'd draw a ton of attention to yourself and would be assassinated. No amount of money would stop that from happening. Enjoy your short-lived dystopia. Yes it can

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I'd fund a research project tasked in creating the perfect robotic sex slave, aimed in replacing humans in prostitution, effectively eliminating widespread transfer of VDs and HIV.

These robots have human AI and have the same likeness to human flesh and bone. They also have a basic set of senses, and can orgasm and respond to stimulus. LOL I love this idea

Bat Dude
If I just had a hundred trillion dollars lying around, I would do a couple things:

1. I'd pay off any and all debts I or my family had.

2. I'd buy a nice homestead out in the country and grow all of my own organic food.

3. I'd keep enough to sustain a $50,000 a year lifestyle until I was 100 (I'm 20 now so $4,000,000 at least, give or take a couple million for a cushion)

4. I'd buy a huge shipment of KJV Bibles and pass them out to everyone I meet.

5. I'd attempt to pay off a chunk of the US national debt.

6. I'd give the rest to a good, honest charity that will help the needy and spread true Christian values.

Colossus-Big C
You could pay off the US debt many times over with that kind of money

BlackZero30x
I would take over half of it and split it equally among different charities anonymously. I would give everyone I care about a few million a piece. Then I would continue living the exact same life I live and only buy things I need. I grew up on the poor side and because of that Im very happy with where im at right now. I may buy some things of expense like The first appearance of The Silver age Flash or maybe Amazing Fantasy #15 but that would be a very rare thing for me to do.

CharlieNinjitsu
1) I would first give to charities
2) I would buy myself a much bigger house and other stuff and live a normal life
3)I would also share my money with my close friends an family

Archaeopteryx
Lol that's more than the entire budget of every country on earth combined. And such it's such a rediculous quest I'll give a rediculous answer....I'd ask Kate Beckinsale to name her price rock

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Archaeopteryx
Lol that's more than the entire budget of every country on earth combined. And such it's such a rediculous quest I'll give a rediculous answer....I'd ask Kate Beckinsale to name her price rock It's 2.3 million with a steady 1% rise every time.

I've been saving up my allowance--almost there!

Dolos
Dolos, my Avatar body on KMC Forums, was born with a mind above current human evolution. Using his IQ of ten thousand and a few decades of work he has mastered the necessary probabilities and has seized complete control over the monetary system. He has total influence over everyone's wealth. In a way, Dolos is the world's Emperor, and no one knows but the agents in charge making sure no one finds out, who are paid trillions of dollars of one currency or another a day to maintain his anonymity. With his infinite wealth he has used massive amounts of energy to build a mansion made out of black crystalline gold on a man-made paradisaical island with grandiose statues of himself and monuments made in his name throughout a city there larger and more beautiful than any of the future cities of Asia. He literally has mountains of black-platinum laced golden nuggets in his mansion's chamber. The gold created from sophisticated technology that only the globe's stolen money could by over the centuries. He has kept himself alive through nano-surgical brain transplants and hibernation periods within cryogenic chambers so as not to spend too much money in one single life-time and bankrupt the globe, he has enjoyed it over various life-times.

He claims that his innate ambiguous, insidious and manipulative intellect is due to his clandestine Messianic nature as the prophesied apprentice of Prometheus and Pseudologi. Thus the name Dolos is merely a self-made alias.

Jim Colyer
I would put the money in the bank and continue to do what I am doing now.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
I would put the money in the bank and continue to do what I am doing now. You suck.

KingD19
If I had 100 trillion dollars...I'd do trillionaire things.

WanderingDroid
I would buy Star Wars back from Disney.

theICONiac
You can use any country currency you want. And do what ever you want.

I would buy this site and ban you!

Mwahahahahahaha!

sam4desires@gma
First of all book all the supermodels and actresses for banging, then Buy Considerable amount of land, like something around the state of texas. then, recruit all the best scientists ask them to develop serum other sort of physical enhancement stuffs to immortalize me or at least stay alive as long as I want fully functioning, then kidnap all the people on the streets frm all around the world who are living a tough life or beggars/homeless and relocate them to a place where I will make my city they work and earn there and their off springs get awesome lives so beggars gone forever. After that invade Vatican archives and US secret agencies and let the world know of all the secrets the government have been keeping keep it open for people to read like by opening an entire museum where they can go free of cost and learn about their past. Become Iron Man and batman combined. buy all the companies that make artificial foods and close them. close all the input of crude oil in my country or at least where ever its possible. Develop alternate energy or free energy. Invest in human developments. Start a firm for space exploration and fund them well. Start mining asteroids etc. etc... for minerals and leave earth alone as it is. Colonize moon and mars. Start Space hotels and travels. Give humans the ability to breathe in any kind of environment, make them tough and stretch their life span. Genetically create most beautiful girls and bang them nonstop, distribute marijuana for free. legalize drinking as per the capacity of intake of the individual. No more school way of learning means no schools. Spread people evenly where ever possible and ease the stress on land of a specific place. make a time machine and go in past and kill Darwin exactly after He's born. See the birth of Christ, Go in the time of Lord Krishna, Lord Rama, and the other great people, make them friends and visit them time to time. Try to purify earth's atmosphere/oxygenate it. ........................and much more. So start donating.

lil bitchiness
With that kind of Money, I'd buy Kuwait...then rule it as a supreme leader and empress.

Mindset
I'd buy lil bitchiness.

iscaremonkeys
id invest most of my money in Microsoft apple Beats by dre and sony.
then while im getting even MORE money id get bitches and become iron man

Lord Lucien
You'd have more money that exists in the world, and you'd invest most of it in a few companies? Just BUY the companies.

Oliver North
Originally posted by iscaremonkeys
Beats by dre

/face-in-palm

TheGodKiller
I'd invest in the development of a time machine, which I would use for wiping out Colossus-Big C from existence itself.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>