Magical Items: Dr. Fate vs Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
If you could choose one set of items, or determine which is the superior...which would it be? Dr. Fate or Dr. Strange

Dr. Fate (Classic version)
Helmet of Fate
Amulet of Anubis
Cloak of Destiny

Dr. Strange
Eye of Agamotto
Wand of Watoomb
The Cloak of Levitation

JakeTheBank
I'm inclined for Fate's gear just because the Helmet of Fate, provided it doesn't make you go like mad or anything, gives you a rapport with Nabu and offers a "learning curve" sort of deal in order to better focus and master your powers.

I'm unfamiliar with the Amulet of Anubis and Cloak of Destiny, though.

Prep-Man
Did Fate have the Ring of Life or was that Spectre?

Sundipped
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm inclined for Fate's gear just because the Helmet of Fate, provided it doesn't make you go like mad or anything, gives you a rapport with Nabu and offers a "learning curve" sort of deal in order to better focus and master your powers.

I'm unfamiliar with the Amulet of Anubis and Cloak of Destiny, though.

How can you side with Fate due to knowledge of only one of his items? The reasons you gave for choosing Fate don't seem to be good enough imo to assert his artifacts as better.

"Id"
Originally posted by Sundipped
How can you side with Fate due to knowledge of only one of his items? The reasons you gave for choosing Fate don't seem to be good enough imo to assert his artifacts as better.
Than Strange's items are superior due to????? .

Sundipped
Originally posted by "Id"
Than Strange's items are superior due to????? .

Wasn't picking a clear cut winner (as I'm not really keen on Fates artifacts) but just explaining to Jake how I think its baseless for him to pick a winner due to lack of knowledge of the other artifacts. Same reason I can't make a decision on this as of now.

"Id"
Wasn't picking a clear cut winner (as I'm not really keen on Fates artifacts) but just explaining to Jake how I think its baseless for him to pick a winner due to lack of knowledge of the other artifacts. Same reason I can't make a decision on this as of now.

So your critique Jake for picking Fate's gear, having knowledge only of the helm of Fate?

JakeTheBank
Huh?

My pick was based off what I know about both the Helmet of Nabu and Strange's gear. And the Helmet of Nabu is the single most valuable/powerful item available here. If anything, that just goes to show how powerful I feel the Helmet is in comparison to the other stuff (whether you agree with me or not).

Sundipped
Originally posted by "Id"
So your critique Jake for picking Fate's gear, having knowledge only of the helm of Fate?

Exactly. There are 3 other artifacts involved.

Sundipped
Huh?

My pick was based off what I know about both the Helmet of Nabu and Strange's gear. And the Helmet of Nabu is the single most valuable/powerful item available here. If anything, that just goes to show how powerful I feel the Helmet is in comparison to the other stuff (whether you agree with me or not).

Ok that's cool if you feel that way but I didn't get that impression from your first comment. What exactly influences your decision regarding the helmet?

JakeTheBank
Ok that's cool if you feel that way but I didn't get that impression from your first comment. What exactly influences your decision regarding the helmet?

Basically what I said above. The Helmet on its own is basically a learning computer/teacher's aid, connected directly to Nabu. It boosts inherent magic ability and enables the user (or host as it were) to tap into Nabu's power himself.

If you were an average everyday Joe Schmoe with no magic potential, Nabu's Helmet would be a strong asset on its own.

Prep-Man
read Helm Of Fate minis that were released a few years back. IiRC, it stated that it grants the user to infinite knowleadge of the universe. or something to that.

"Id"
In the Classic days, you would get a better deal. Since you merged with Nabu becoming a composite being of Man and God gaining vast Omniscience.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by "Id" In the Classic days, you would get a better deal. Since you merged with Nabu becoming a composite being of Man and God gaining vast Omniscience.

pre crisis days?

"Id"
Mmm......Yeah the pri-crisis days Fate operated on insane levels.

Sundipped
Basically what I said above. The Helmet on its own is basically a learning computer/teacher's aid, connected directly to Nabu. It boosts inherent magic ability and enables the user (or host as it were) to tap into Nabu's power himself.

If you were an average everyday Joe Schmoe with no magic potential, Nabu's Helmet would be a strong asset on its own.

I understand it's a large bulk of his powers & contains Nabu's soul. It could be compared to how Doc has to channel the Vishanti for 1 of his most powerful sources except he speaks to envoke them instead of obtaining said power from a garmet.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Prep-Man
read Helm Of Fate minis that were released a few years back. IiRC, it stated that it grants the user to infinite knowleadge of the universe. or something to that.

I know it increased intellect to a certain extent but Infinite knowledge? I have to see scans of this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.