Captain Marvel Vs Captain Britain & Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Fight takes place in the air.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/54/78238-63944-captain-marvel_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83789/1895669-namor08_pg_06_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/14493/1383746-captainbritainad_large.jpg

Stoic
Team beats up on him pretty bad.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
Team beats up on him gets beat up by him pretty bad.

thumb up

Stoic
Originally posted by zopzop
thumb up

I don't see how this would happen, when Namor was able to keep from being destroyed by the Sentry, fought Hercules without being crushed, and many other feats. Captain Britain is a powerhouse as well.

abhilegend
I don't see how this would happen, when Namor was able to keep from being destroyed by the Sentry, fought Hercules without being crushed, and many other feats. Captain Britain is a powerhouse as well.
Cap fought spectre.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap fought spectre.

Captain Marvel was amplified by every mystic this side of Santa Clause. Captain Britain was also once amplified by every Captain Britain in every divergent reality, but I don't think that he is the Captain Britain that we are discussing here.

carver9
Team wins. Cap Brit is underestimated...the guy is a monster, add Namor, game set and done.

Sr J-Bieb
Captain Marvel was amplified by every mystic this side of Santa Clause. Captain Britain was also once amplified by every Captain Britain in every divergent reality, but I don't think that he is the Captain Britain that we are discussing here. Before he got a powerup:
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7967/vscaptrk6.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2067/vscapt2ya5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8205/vscapt3xu9.jpg

I forget if Enchantress was amping him a tiny bit there, but it's a been a while

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Team wins. Cap Brit is underestimated...the guy is a monster, add Namor, game set and done.
Really? That's all you got?

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
Team wins. Cap Brit is underestimated...the guy is a monster, add Namor, game set and done. Gladiator can take out Magneto and Namor but Carptain Marvel cant beat a weaker team?

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
Gladiator can take out Magneto and Namor but Carptain Marvel cant beat a weaker team?

The idea is that the reasons for taking out Namor and going on to defeat Magneto is different. Gladiator has Namors weakness, Cap Marvel does not.

Colossus-Big C
Captain Marvel kills namor with one punch, Then he proceeds to beat the crap out of captain britain.

iceman24567
The idea is that the reasons for taking out Namor and going on to defeat Magneto is different. Gladiator has Namors weakness, Cap Marvel does not. marvel has magical lightning that would roast Namor erm

Stoic
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Before he got a powerup:
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7967/vscaptrk6.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2067/vscapt2ya5.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8205/vscapt3xu9.jpg

I forget if Enchantress was amping him a tiny bit there, but it's a been a while

But he was still getting ripped, and still lost with an amp.

Originally posted by iceman24567
marvel has magical lightning that would roast Namor erm

Not sure if the lightning would work on Namor, as he is immune to electricity. This is just a guess on your part. It could work, but since we have never seen Marvel shock Namor, he may be immune to it. Whereas Gladiator's laser vision would turn him into a wet noodle.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
But he was still getting ripped, and still lost with an amp.

Against The Spectre.

It's not like he was fighting someone in Namor's or average Brit's weight class.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Against The Spectre.

It's not like he was fighting someone in Namor's or average Brit's weight class.

At the same time we can't really say how much power the Spectre was exerting against Marvel, the only thing that we do know, is that even after Marvel was super amped, he still lost. So logically when he had no amp he was less than he was with a major amp. Just think about it for a moment.

Newjak
Namor and Cap Brit are both powerhouses but unfortunately for them Cap Marvel is in the next league up.

They could possibly make it him work for it, but he's just above them.

Stoic
Originally posted by Newjak
Namor and Cap Brit are both powerhouses but unfortunately for them Cap Marvel is in the next league up.

They could possibly make it him work for it, but he's just above them.

Even considering that Namor has hung with guys in that class on several occasions? Pitching Cap Britain in seals the deal IMO. This is Namor, not Aquaman, and in terms of strength, Namor is up there, and always has been.

Newjak
Yes he is but he is still a notch or two or three below these guy's levels of strength.

He can hang. Captain Britain is the same way

CapT Marvel is stronger than both of them, is faster, more durable, and has his magical lightning attacks.

The duo could make a fight of it but I think this is an instance where they are both clearly outmatched to the point is makes a considerable difference.

CosmicComet
Why can't Billy speed blitz them?

Mr.Mxyzptlk
At the same time we can't really say how much power the Spectre was exerting against Marvel, the only thing that we do know, is that even after Marvel was super amped, he still lost. So logically when he had no amp he was less than he was with a major amp. Just think about it for a moment.

Yes, but we saw the kind of fights The Spectre went through that entire event. He may not have been exerting himself intelligently for many fights and he definitely wasn't fighting subtlety with his power, but it'd be ridiculous to just ignore the validity of the fight.

The Spectre approached most of those fights using his power as a blunt instrument and he had no real issues taking care of the likes of Blackbriar Thorn, Phantom Stranger or Doctor Fate. But he even verbally spoke how he would have to work at beating Billy because of all the primal magic inside of him.

The next time they fought he favored subtlety over power and just reverted Billy to human form instead of getting into another knock down and drawn out fight.

And even if you want to ignore that, he has some really good durability feats. Like when that tesseract bomb turned every atom of him inside out and right side in. He was visibly in agony but he could still take part in the subsequent fight and mentioned how he was probably the only one who could have survived that.

Sirius77
Captain Marvel takes this.

Stoic
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Yes, but we saw the kind of fights The Spectre went through that entire event. He may not have been exerting himself intelligently for many fights and he definitely wasn't fighting subtlety with his power, but it'd be ridiculous to just ignore the validity of the fight.

The Spectre approached most of those fights using his power as a blunt instrument and he had no real issues taking care of the likes of Blackbriar Thorn, Phantom Stranger or Doctor Fate. But he even verbally spoke how he would have to work at beating Billy because of all the primal magic inside of him.

The next time they fought he favored subtlety over power and just reverted Billy to human form instead of getting into another knock down and drawn out fight.

And even if you want to ignore that, he has some really good durability feats. Like when that tesseract bomb turned every atom of him inside out and right side in. He was visibly in agony but he could still take part in the subsequent fight and mentioned how he was probably the only one who could have survived that.

I wasn't ignoring anything, or trying to take anything away from Marvel. However if you consider how he was defeated by the Spectre while being super charged, we would gather that he would be a bug in comparison to the Spectre without being enhanced. You see what I am saying? Then again the Spectre has variable power ranges. This team may not absolutely destroy Marvel, but they should win. This is unless you are willing to ignore all of Namor, and Britain's past performances.

Tatsu666
I agree with Stoic the team should win if anyone is ignoring anything just look how well Captain Britain did when he went up against the Phoenix Force not an avatar but the Phoenix Force itself and Captain Britain wasn't even amped.

Batman-Prime
I didn't remember a lot of Captain Britain comics I read, though from what I know he is Class 100, close to Herc level. He wasn't very fast IIRC, more or less standard. CM would have to work for it but his superior speed should give him the win in the end. Without it, they would take it, probably.

carver9
Outside of sneak attacks, has Captain Marvel ever been koed? Also, don't know what I was thinking with my previous post but Cap wins this "after a long fight of course".

Tatsu666
See with Captain Britain he got a power upgrade during CB&MI13 (When Merlyn resurrected Captain Britain during the Skrull invasion, he remade him with new powers. Captain Britain is now created from Magic and his power comes from the friction between dimensions. His strength, speed, stamina and reflexes are still enhanced to superhuman levels but he does not possess any power items. The new Captain Britain is still near invulnerable and able fly unaided. His power levels now depend on his confidence and willpower and his full power is as yet unknown. He also has a very powerful unconscious mind making him near immune to mind control abilities. How powerful Captain Britain now is is still unknown but it is said that he is at least as powerful as he was before his resurrection.) Thats from his page at comic vine plus in the last arc of CB&MI13 Vampire State Captain Britain can now see magic and break it with hes bare hands plus a vampire clocked him going at escape velocity (25,000MPH) and still gaining speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.