Brian Michael Bendis on the X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Lol

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=55256

-Pr-
Originally posted by -Pr-
...Yeah, I'm pretty much done with Marvel now.

Kazenji
So that means he'll soon be writing Wolverine?

hope not.

the ninjak
Oh no. I don't hate on Bendis like many do, his New Avengers resurrected the Avengers.

But I don't know if I'll like his style with Xmen.

srankmissingnin
Could just be a misdirect, but Bendis laughed and said what he is actually doing is "Much Bigger." Which seems unlikely as in the scope of things there isn't much if anything bigger in than being the driving force behind the X-Men franchise. What might someone consider bigger than the X-Men that isn't the Avengers? Perhaps Spiderman? Maybe Bendis is taking over Amazing Spider-man after Slott's End of the Earth? That could be cool. As much as Bendis as trouble with a large cast and giving each character their own voice, his work on Ultimate Spider-man has always been top notch and it might be fun to see him handle 616 Peter solo stories.

Or maybe he takes a back seat to writing comics for a while and really tries to get the Powers tvshow off the ground.

JakeTheBank
Y'know, it very well could be an across the line reboot of sorts in the works, with Bendis as its primary architect. Marvel's been careful around the subject when asked and if we take the hype at even half of its face value, AvX is supposed to "change everything".

Which is way way WAY worse than just Bendis on X-Men.

srankmissingnin
Unlikely, Marvel doesn't want to be accused of "copying" DC. There was enough snippy remarks when Blackest Night and Necrosha were going on... and that was because both stories coincidentally had resurrected zombie esq characters (obviously an original a completely original concept that on company copied from the other).

A revitalized Ultimate line with some actually purpose maybe, but a rebooted 616 seems very unlikely.

JakeTheBank
The Ultimate Verse nowadays is so...ugh.

Of course, there were teaser images floating around with Spider-Men being the tagline. Upon closer inspection, some fans claimed they deduced the teaser image was half of Miles Morales' emblem and the other half was Peter Parker's, leading some to believe that they will bring back Ultimate Peter, or impossibly, do a Ultimate/616 crossover.

That would be pretty huge, bigger than just writing X-Men, imo. Assuming Bendis isn't just throwing people off of the trail.

Kazenji
The guy needs to go on a holiday for a couple of months and come back ready to do some writing.

kaiter
Maybe Bendis is taking over Amazing Spider-man after Slott's End of the Earth? That could be cool. As much as Bendis as trouble with a large cast and giving each character their own voice, his work on Ultimate Spider-man has always been top notch and it might be fun to see him handle 616 Peter solo stories. http://www.demama.info/g.php

srankmissingnin
Well, we now know that Hickman is off the F4 come October, so maybe Bendis on Marvel's First Family?

If you've been fallowing Joe Q's twitter, he has a new icon teasing something "Infinity" related as well... but I'm hoping Jim Starlin is returning to Marvel for that.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Ultimate Verse nowadays is so...ugh.

Of course, there were teaser images floating around with Spider-Men being the tagline. Upon closer inspection, some fans claimed they deduced the teaser image was half of Miles Morales' emblem and the other half was Peter Parker's, leading some to believe that they will bring back Ultimate Peter, or impossibly, do a Ultimate/616 crossover.

That would be pretty huge, bigger than just writing X-Men, imo. Assuming Bendis isn't just throwing people off of the trail.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1220427p1.html

You might have called it.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://comics.ign.com/articles/122/1220427p1.html

You might have called it.

I think bringing back Ultimate Parker would be big, but bigger than handling the entire X-Franchise? Nah, I don't see it.

A crossover between Ultimate and 616 realities, though? That would be pretty big, even if it is just sticking to a Morales/Parker story.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think bringing back Ultimate Parker would be big, but bigger than handling the entire X-Franchise? Nah, I don't see it.

A crossover between Ultimate and 616 realities, though? That would be pretty big, even if it is just sticking to a Morales/Parker story.

Did Ultimate and 616 F4 crossover years ago before Ultimate Reed was evil?

I haven't been reading the Miles Morales run so far. Is the first arc out in trades... and is it appropriate for a six year old? My cousin is bummed out the "cool" superheroes don't look like him, and his parents won't let me show him anything too violent yet (I'm not even allowed to tell him Deathstroke's name when he plays with my action figures). I think he'd be psyched to see Miles Morales as Spider-man.

JakeTheBank

I haven't been reading the Miles Morales run so far. Is the first arc out in trades... and is it appropriate for a six year old? My cousin is bummed out the "cool" superheroes don't look like him, and his parents won't let me show him anything too violent yet (I'm not even allowed to tell him Deathstroke's name when he plays with my action figures). I think he'd be psyched to see Miles Morales as Spider-man.

I know the Ultimateverse did a crossover with the Zombiesverse; not sure if they did a 616 crossover, yet.

I honestly wouldn't know. I know Ultimate Spider-Man is generally the most tame of the Ultimate Books, but that's about it.

Bentley

You could always try to convince your cousin he looks like Rocket Raccoon.

srankmissingnin
Not sure if racist... confused

Darth Jello
I'm mixed on this. Bendis isn't the best with teams. On the other hand, Alias was awesome and his Daredevil run was as good as Frank Miller's, Kevin Smith's, Anne Nocenti's, and Ed Brubaker's.

Kazenji
Just noticed Bendis is coming out my way for the Supernova pop culture expo.

cantrell77
I don't know if I'll like his style with Xmen.http://www.datasea.info/avatar4.jpg

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just noticed Bendis is coming out my way for the Supernova pop culture expo.

Really? Sweet!

Guess I'm going to Supernova this year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.