The Son Vs. Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Board Walker
Who wins in this all out battle to the death!

I'm curious, just read about the son, and how he was the dark side given animate form.

Lord Lucien
I have a suspicion that Mace's Vaapad won't work the same against the Son as it does against typical Dark Siders. From a purely narrative point, I'd love it if only Anakin is able to beat them--gives some texture to his character.

Zett
You must be joking! It's MACE WINDU! Sith and all of darksiders greatest killer! He is the best swordmaster of all eras, an he can block every lightning or telekinesis or force choke with his saber!

And for serious: Son as we can see in TCW is far more powerful then people like Mace Windu...

truejedi
is "the SON" from that weird episode where the son and the daughter and the father on the physical island turn into animals and fight?

Lord Lucien
Yup.

truejedi
that was like Star Wars on Acid.

Mizukage Yoda
The Son will stomp Windu into the Legacy era

Lord Lucien
So he can help against the One Sith? How kind of the Son.

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
So he can help against the One Sith? How kind of the Son.

Ikr what a nice guy roll eyes (sarcastic)

Slash_KMC
They apparently do get quite original with the new names.

Board Walker
Was the Son that powerful? Was he shown outside of the few episodes he was in?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
the son is a force god, greater than the celestials.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Board Walker
Was the Son that powerful? Was he shown outside of the few episodes he was in?

Yes. He is mentioned commonly in Fate of the Jedi, I believe. Still, even without his powers far surpass Windu's. While unarmed, the Son has defeated Anakin, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan in a grand total of 4 seconds in the final Mortis episode.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Better fight would be Son vs. (insert superhero/villain name here)

juyomaster34
interesting,....it would be Vaapad's real ultimate test...
but a test for Vaapad's unarmed and Force use version only....

even though The Son might...win....
I wouldn't count out a last min. quick tutorial from The Father if he deems Mace worthy...

Anakin wouldn't win twice...he fell to the dark side and joined the enemy...
Now how times he joined the enemy....twice?
1st The Son
2nd Sidious/Palpatine

wow he make a better...I mean weaker fight....
I say Sids or Vitiate

The Merchant
The Son if he fought the Daughter outside of Mortis can destroy the Universe according to the Father :I

Stealth Moose
Clearly, The Son winning would be a sign of black oppression, so Mace wins.

chilled monkey
Was the Son that powerful?

He was. As you yourself noted the Son is basically the embodiment of the dark side of the Force and his sister is the embodiment of the light.

Was he shown outside of the few episodes he was in?

I recommend reading "Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse." The Son himself doesn't appear but you do learn more about the history of him and his family, especially his step-mother. It's a fascinating story of what happens when one seeks powers not meant for mortals.

Zampanó
ugh. Vapaad would do jack shit.

I have been a supporter of Mace against all (most) challengers (Kas'im the Magnificent notwithstanding) but this isn't even a thing.

stahp

juyomaster34
really? I'll admit it that Vaapad is one of Mace's gifts...and his ONLY chance of stopping The Son...
slow him down....maybe...

But saying Anakin...zone(such non sense) or whatever had...well...thought he had the power
to stop The Son is ludicrous...

Instead of changing his future.... he stupidly sided with The Son and was about to make the same mistake with The Son like he did with Sids....

It took Obi Wan (again) and The Father to beat The Son....and Anakin...
imo I think Mace will lose but looking at his spiritual trial w/the Dark Side on Haruun Kal...
I think he might have a chance spiritually...mentally....defeating The Son.....

Physically...it won't be by light saber...that's for sure...lol.
You see the beauty of Vaapad is...it's more than a light saber style
it's also a state of mind,...a tangible power...etc.

Unlike Anakin who failed his test of the dark side...how many times is it....twice.
I'm not saying Vaapad or Mace winner god over all...
you misread what I said...it happens

What I'm saying is it will be the real ultimate test
you know a trial and error test of what works in Vaapad and what doesn't....
I'll admit I don't know but will most definitely want to find out.....

imo it would be beyond Vaapad and if it is then the test of Mace and Vaapad adapting
to whatever is beyond Vaapad and Mace is up to them confronting a being as Powerful
as The Son.

How do you know if you and your style can adapt if you don't test it? hmmm?
And if lose... go back ...and add... and discard...and try again?...hmmm?

I appreciate you supporting Mace and Vaapad...
I appreciate your replies...
its ok to say I don't know... I said it...
I don't know everything but I'm learning....

just don't give up so easily...I encourage you all to find the answer!!!
If wrong...try again...it happens to all of us....

JediMaster97
The Sons power is beyond someone like Windu.

DarthAnt66
The Son wins so easily that it's terrifying.
The Son is the most powerful Dark Side user. :/

DARTH POWER
Yeah but Vapaad's a guaranteed win against any darksider laughing out loud

Stealth Moose
Don't forget Shatterpoint, folks. Mace Windu could destroy a Death Star with a feather.

NewGuy01
The Son stomps effortlessly.

Taay'hai
Mace's Vaapad feeds off of emotions such as anger and hate. Well, The Son is vastly superior to him in terms of power and wouldn't need to hiss like a cat as Sidious did. I'm pretty sure he wins laughing.

DarthAnt66
Mace is not immune to the Dark Side thanks to Vaapad. The Son destroys without a sweat.

juyomaster34
I wouldn't say it beats any dark sider...oh my bad it did beat Sids...no matter how you want to try and change history...he beat Sids with Vaapad...in which Yoda couldn't with Ataru.....
or The Force....

And The Son wasn't just a dark sider he was a dark side entity...
That's why I said what I said on the 1st page... it took The Father to sacrifice himself...
for The Son to be killed in the first place....if it was Mace instead of Anakin, to kill The Son....

Mace wouldn't have stabbed him... he would have decapitated him....
Indeed...The Son wins...because of his status as a entity...

as far as true dark siders go...lets just say that Vaapad has a good track record in that dept
and has beaten the badest Sith Lord in SW lore....a feat that Yoda couldn't do....and 2nd person
to beat him....was Anakin...then Luke...

It was created to fight dark siders...just as it was created to answer the darkness in himself...

Intrepid37
Son would just stomp Mace over and over again.

juyomaster34
I kno...he'll do the same thing to Anakin.... zoned or Vader...

Intrepid37
Yes.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by juyomaster34
I kno...he'll do the same thing to Anakin.... zoned or Vader...

Except Zone Anakin has already overpowered him and the Daughter together.

Jinsoku Takai
He didn't overpower him here:

BRHnYkA5uh4

He got stomped... effortlessly I might add.

DARTH POWER
That's why I mentioned "Zone" Anakin, and not "Regular" Anakin.

Here's what happens with ZonAkin:

?v=9eEssepWEps

Jinsoku Takai
As they weren't trying to overpower Anakin, this is hardly evidence that Anakin (zoned or otherwise) can compete with the two of them... especially given how ridiculously easy the son stomped him later on.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
As they weren't trying to overpower Anakin, this is hardly evidence that Anakin (zoned or otherwise) can compete with the two of them... especially given how ridiculously easy the son stomped him later on.

Well by that argument, the second fight is hardly evidence of the Son's superiority as Skywalker never attempted to draw on the Force again and TK The Son.

If you actually pay attention to the whole story the Father clearly says ONLY the chosen one could have performed such a feat, so it wasn't some fluke where the Son and Daughter were not trying. In fact you clearly see they were unable to escape Skywalker's TK grip.

red8

You need to think about this from an out of Universe perspective of a writer. What is the point of writing this scene?

It's to show what Anakin, the Chosen One, could accomplish at his full potential. The Father even states, that Anakin could replace him and keep the Son and Daughter in line. Remember, the Son shows Anakin a potential future where Yoda and Sidious team up against him and Anakin still soloes.

Full potential Anakin is a monster.

Jinsoku Takai
Meh!

Lord Stark
Lol yeah that wasn't in the show though. I wish they would have shown Anakin stomping Sidious and Yoda.

psmith81992
Originally posted by red8
You need to think about this from an out of Universe perspective of a writer. What is the point of writing this scene?

It's to show what Anakin, the Chosen One, could accomplish at his full potential. The Father even states, that Anakin could replace him and keep the Son and Daughter in line. Remember, the Son shows Anakin a potential future where Yoda and Sidious team up against him and Anakin still soloes.

Full potential Anakin is a monster.

Do you have a clip of this?

NewGuy01
It's not a clip, it's an "infinites".

Lord Stark
Originally posted by psmith81992
Do you have a clip of this?

It wasn't it was in a magazine.

psmith81992
Which? Someone post it

ares834
He didn't overpower him here:

BRHnYkA5uh4

He got stomped... effortlessly I might add.

God that episode was horrible. There was some cool stuff but the plot was utterly nonsensical. The Son was trying to kill the Father but he ends up not wanting the Father to die and when the Father does die the Son loses his power... Uh, what?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.