Thor vs Sphinx

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
Sphinx at his peak and best vs

1.Classic Thor
2.Current Thor
3.KT
4.RKT

Whose the victor and why?

rotiart
Peak and best... Means with both Ka stones?
Cause if so I'd say he clears it

dmills
What was RKT's biggest feat?

dmills
The first problem for The classic/current Thor's is that the Sphinx can literally (and has) remake reality so that Thor doesn't even exist.

If KT or RKT can counter that, then I'd say they have what it takes to win a possible majority. If we're talking Sphinx with 2 ka stones (if he's in fact as powerful as implied) then none of them have a chance. Nova PIS aside.

leonidas
it's a definite fight at KT. could go either way there imo. depending on how far above KT you place RKT will be the deciding factor in that battle. he beats classic thor for sure imo.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by dmills
What was RKT's biggest feat?

He had "omniscience", displaying cosmic awareness the likes of which, imo, are surpassed only by insane Genis. He single handedly ended the Ragnarok Cycle by literally destroying the Norns and killing Those Who Sit Above Shadow. Other displays including beating Mangog with such utter ease beyond even Odin, completely and effortlessly beating up King Loki, who at the time was a definite Skyfather being as he had siphoned all of Asgard's energies unto himself and had a Mjolnir copy to boot.

He was on a level beyond Odin at that point, and was more akin to Elder God level than Skyfather, imho. The ease in which he did things is really the telling thing about RKT.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He had "omniscience", displaying cosmic awareness the likes of which, imo, are surpassed only by insane Genis. He single handedly ended the Ragnarok Cycle by literally destroying the Norns and killing Those Who Sit Above Shadow. Other displays including beating Mangog with such utter ease beyond even Odin, completely and effortlessly beating up King Loki, who at the time was a definite Skyfather being as he had siphoned all of Asgard's energies unto himself and had a Mjolnir copy to boot.

He was on a level beyond Odin at that point, and was more akin to Elder God level than Skyfather, imho. The ease in which he did things is really the telling thing about RKT.

Don't forget he essentially had Surtur eating out of the palm of his hand. I actually had a chance to read some of that material last night. Good shyte. I'm really enjoying the added layer of depth that Thor was written with in that arc.

Branlor Swift
Dmills, I recently read the whole Lady Sphinx remaking the world arc, and I wanted to discuss something about that.

Would that have made all the characters in it 616 characters since she essentially reality manipped an existing world, just gave them different histories?

dmills
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Dmills, I recently read the whole Lady Sphinx remaking the world arc, and I wanted to discuss something about that.

Would that have made all the characters in it 616 characters since she essentially reality manipped an existing world, just gave them different histories?

That's the only angle that makes sense imo. In a sense it's not unlike Thanos killing half of the universe, binding the cosmic beings, killing or incapacitating various Earth heroes only to have Nebula get the gauntlet and undo all that Thanos had done.

Branlor Swift
That's the only angle that makes sense imo. In a sense it's not unlike Thanos killing half of the universe, binding the cosmic beings, killing or incapacitating various Earth heroes only to have Nebula get the gauntlet and undo all that Thanos had done. Yeah, that's what I thought.

Because she kicked the shit out of a lot of 616 heroes then, and that was with just the Ka Stone (also the amount of power required to warp the entire world and every 616 Earth character seems like a ridiculous amount). I'd imagine Sphinx with the Worldmind would beat King Thor at the very least. Let alone double Ka.

dmills
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah, that's what I thought.

Because she kicked the shit out of a lot of 616 heroes then, and that was with just the Ka Stone (also the amount of power required to warp the entire world and every 616 Earth character seems like a ridiculous amount). I'd imagine Sphinx with the Worldmind would beat King Thor at the very least. Let alone double Ka.

Pretty much.

Also I just remembered, I have a scans of a later New Warriors comic were the Original Sphinx mentions what she did. He thought she was a fool for warping Earth like that. So at the very least that gives some kind of confirmation that it's canon to 616.

Also why I occasionally (just to phuck with carver) post the scan of her killing the Hulk with one punch shifty

Branlor Swift
Pretty much.

Also I just remembered, I have a scans of a later New Warriors comic were the Original Sphinx mentions what she did. He thought she was a fool for warping Earth like that. So at the very least that gives some kind of confirmation that it's canon to 616.

Also why I occasionally (just to phuck with carver) post the scan of her killing the Hulk with one punch shifty Cool.

It confirms in the arc that Sphinx doesn't can reality warp, he just doesn't like it.

Yeah, that was pretty crazy.

leonidas
that arc was awesome. bagley did some great work in that series imo. she could probably take kt, i agree, but it'd be a fight i think. don't forget classic sphinx got his sh!t handed to him pretty easily by galactus, but he was a,t least willing to challenge him. that was just with one stone though....

dmills
Originally posted by leonidas
that arc was awesome. bagley did some great work in that series imo. she could probably take kt, i agree, but it'd be a fight i think. don't forget classic sphinx got his sh!t handed to him pretty easily by galactus, but he was a,t least willing to challenge him. that was just with one stone though....

I don't know Leo. KT was a beast no doubt, but I can't see him punching the Hulk into oblivion the way she did. And while laying on her ass at that.

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/3748/1338565402620.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img710/2428/1338565417399.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img40/2678/1339004213911.jpg

The dialogue on the last scan is kind of hard to read, but the kid says "we can finish playing once the clean up crews finish carting the Hulk away" lol.

After that arc, the original Sphinx came back and took his power away from Meryet (the female Sphinx). Later on they both merged into one being, which is the current Sphinx.

leonidas
well, kt did one-shot the destroyer.....

i do get your point though. she may well be more powerful than kt, but i do think it would at least be a fight. i think i took a lot of what happened almost as though it were a what if happening. seemed pretty clear none of it was going to last so it gave the author some license. that can't actually detract from what was on panel, but i think it made me see the fighting as less impressive than her reality manip powers.

she was a great villain though. sphinx was too for that matter. too bad he hasn't played a bigger role in marvel history.

dmills
Originally posted by leonidas
well, kt did one-shot the destroyer.....

i do get your point though. she may well be more powerful than kt, but i do think it would at least be a fight. i think i took a lot of what happened almost as though it were a what if happening. seemed pretty clear none of it was going to last so it gave the author some license. that can't actually detract from what was on panel, but i think it made me see the fighting as less impressive than her reality manip powers.

she was a great villain though. sphinx was too for that matter. too bad he hasn't played a bigger role in marvel history.

Yeah I can dig that.

I know man, I know. They tried tying him into the FF as a villain, but after Marv Wolfman left he became a sort of throw away character. DnA bringing him back in Nova was a completely unexpected but pleasant surprise though.

I honestly don't trust this current crop of Marvel writers to get the character right, so it's best that he is left alone for now IMO. I can't recall a time in my comic reading history when I didn't like a single writer for a company but I'm getting pretty close to that with Marvel. Other then Waid, some of Remender's stuff and some of Brubaker's stuff I couldn't care less about Marvel's current talent pool. And I know Hickman is supposed to be the golden boy over there, but I find his plots to be a bit like "Rube Goldberg Machines" at times.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.