Any thoughts? Hints? or Ideas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrixStar
As to what will be left out of the movie ROTK that was in the book? Seeing as they left so much out of the first 2 (which of course they had to) what do you think will be left out of the 3rd movie.

Captain REX
Actually, not too much was left from FOTR. TTT has been the most altered so far.

Doubtless Shelob will be pushed into the beginning of ROTK. Hmm...it's hard to think about what would be removed.

TrixStar
Except pretty much the whole journey through the Old forrest with Tom Bombadil. The place where all 4 were caught and Frodo cut the hand off that walking arm cant remember what that place was. That was a pretty big part of the book

Captain REX
You mean the Barrow-downs and the Barrow-wights, creatures from Angmar? I didn't see that as too big a part in the book...probably because it was boring.

Ushgarak
Creatures from Angmar? I do not think so, sir...

Captain REX
Oops, my bad...

turin
actually they were from angmar, now i am quoting from the encyclopedia of arda, "Evil spirits sent to dwell in the Barrow-downs by the Witch-king of Angmar during his wars with the remnant of Arnor, and who remained there long after the realm of Angmar itself had vanished from the world."

Ushgarak
The evil that made the Barrow Downs what it was, was very Angmar in orign, of course. But what was inside those Barrows was very local indeed. Unless you think Angmar provided the weaponry from Cardolan as well.

Julie
It'll be long:-)

Ushgarak
Yes, thanks Julie, best keep this one on-topic.

I think the biggest difference will be just like with TTT- the film will be chronological, instead of two storylines at the same time but told one after the other. But ROTK actually has far less story to tell- hence Shelob being moved into it- so less to be cut out.

The biggest casuality will be the scouring of the Shire; that whole segment will not be there.

turin
ya that is a shame on the scoring of the shire, but condsidering flow of the film i think it would kind of anitclimatic to have it in the film, after all the films are about destroying the ring and the evil powers, whereas the books are about not only that but the evolution of the 4 hobbits (plus many other subjects).

back to the barrow downs. your are completely correct Ush. they were tombs of the old kings of that region, hence all the weaponry and such, but the tombs where inhabited by evil spirits from angmar.

Ash Nazg
I just hope tha PJ hasnt messed around with it too much from the book

Captain REX
Yeah, Saruman is going to die on his own machinery when Grima slits his throat and pushes him out a window. Thus, the pic of Saruman being impaled.

TrixStar
some have said this was set up by PJ b/c so many people were snooping around the set. confused

Captain REX
True, though I have seen a pic of Grima with a knife in or on top of Orthanc, and he's gotta "I'm gonna kill that *****!" look on his face.

Member.
i thought one of the hobbits kiled him?

Ushgarak
Nope

Member.
crap, gotta re-read.

Captain REX
The hobbits killed Grima after he killed Saruman, by shooting him with several arrows.

The details are very sketchy, but it might happen that Eowyn kills Grima. Like I said, it isn't entirely true...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.