Wolverine (No Claws) vs Tombstone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Wolverine is only using his fists.

In a brawl how would this go?

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Stoic
Wolverine is only using his fists.

In a brawl how would this go? He goes all Black Dragon Master weak point attack on Tombstone and ko'es him.

srankmissingnin
DD koed Tombstone with a sledgehammer, Wolverine's fist should more than do the trick.

rotiart
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
DD koed Tombstone with a sledgehammer, Wolverine's fist should more than do the trick.

With his strength and adamant in fists. I'd see that happening. Issue is should the sledgehammer feat have happened in the first place. Doesn't tombstone trade blows with spiderman for example....

KingD19
Traded blows with Spider-Man(who has hurt his hands punching Tombstone), Cage, etc..

It was PIS.

Horrificus
Tombstone should be able to win this.

Even if the sledgehammer feat is legit, there is a lot of difference between the weight of a sledgehammer and the weight of a handful of metal fingers. Much less mass.

So, the next questions are:

1. How much damage can Logan do with his fingers?
2. How tough is Tombstones skin.
3. What can Tombstone do to Logan?

Nietzschean
Originally posted by Horrificus
Tombstone should be able to win this.

Even if the sledgehammer feat is legit, there is a lot of difference between the weight of a sledgehammer and the weight of a handful of metal fingers. Much less mass.

So, the next questions are:

1. How much damage can Logan do with his fingers?
2. How tough is Tombstones skin.
3. What can Tombstone do to Logan?

have u not read Wolverine comics?
his skill and striking power is insane..

it is constantly explained how adamantium weighs and increases his striking power to hurt guys way above Tombstones weight class.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Nietzschean
have u not read Wolverine comics?
his skill and striking power is insane..

it is constantly explained how adamantium weighs and increases his striking power to hurt guys way above Tombstones weight class. Look at your hand. Look at your fingers.
Unless his fingers are also laced with White Dwarf Star metal, it isn't going to be as massive as a sledgehammer.

Personally, I would imagine that a full-sized sledgehammer swung by Daredevil is going to be more devastating than a punch from Wolverine.

And, like I said, it also depends on Tombstone's durability.

Dum Dum Dugan
Look at your hand. Look at your fingers.
Unless his fingers are also laced with White Dwarf Star metal, it isn't going to be as massive as a sledgehammer.

Personally, I would imagine that a full-sized sledgehammer swung by Daredevil is going to be more devastating than a punch from Wolverine.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5946/roughousefistfight3qn9.jpg

Wolverine is significantly stronger then Rough House.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5946/roughousefistfight3qn9.jpg

Wolverine is significantly stronger then Rough House. Well, if that's true, (which, I don't think it is), that would completely change Wolverine's profile.

Roughouse has the superhuman strength of a Rock Troll or something.
Wolverine does not have the ability to do the things that Roughouse has done.

Dum Dum Dugan
Well, if that's true, (which, I don't think it is), that would completely change Wolverine's profile.
It is true. And what?

Roughouse has the superhuman strength of a Rock Troll or something.

He a decedent of them and is more powerful then tomb stone.

Wolverine does not have the ability to do the things that Roughouse has done.

He doesent need to. He beating the shit out of a guy who more powerful then tomb stone and stating he regularly does this.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
It is true. And what?

He a decedent of them and is more powerful then tomb stone.

He doesent need to. He beating the shit out of a guy who more powerful then tomb stone and stating he regularly does this.
Yeah. I'm saying that Wolverine does not have superhuman strength and the comment about him being significantly stronger than Roughouse is incorrect.

And I'm saying that the character of Wolverine and the writing that follows him around are poorest quality, low-brow and totally lacking in any attempt to maintain continuity with the rest of the MU.

KingD19
Yeah. As BA as Logan is, one instance of him sparring with Roughouse and saying he's better doesn't impress as it's clearly PIS to show how Logan can keep from falling prey to his berserk rages. Roughouse is supposed to be Class 50-ish, and while Logan has plenty of strength feats, none of them are into the double digit class, nor should they be because he isn't that strong and isn't displayed as that strong in other instances.

Nietzschean
actual lifting strength is irrelevant b/c in comics a character can have superhuman striking power without the overall physical stats.

wolverine has tons of feats showing his striking power against opponents well above Tombstone

Dum Dum Dugan
no non no no no. I dident see that. that was an accident. I ment Daredevil. Not rough house.. I am sorry i completely missed that. That was an accident. I just re read my post that was supose to say Daredevil. My bad guys. Rough house is way stronger then Wolverine sorry about that guys.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yeah. I'm saying that Wolverine does not have superhuman strength and the comment about him being significantly stronger than Roughouse is incorrect.

My bad man, that was supose to say Daredevil. That was a mistaken on my part.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. As BA as Logan is, one instance of him sparring with Roughouse and saying he's better doesn't impress as it's clearly PIS to show how Logan can keep from falling prey to his berserk rages. Roughouse is supposed to be Class 50-ish, and while Logan has plenty of strength feats, none of them are into the double digit class, nor should they be because he isn't that strong and isn't displayed as that strong in other instances.
There nothing PIS about that. He done that number of times to rough-house. In that instances they even reference he done that a number of times.

Rough house is stronger the class 50.

They dont need to be, your jumping the guy here, and comic dont support u. He dident win because of strength. He just out fought rough house while not holding back.

KingD19
Have they actually fought a number of times? Or was that one time referencing the number of times they fought off panel?

And what I'm saying is, from what I've seen, Logan's strength isn't all that great in all of his appearances. Unless it's just against Roughouse.

Dum Dum Dugan
Have they actually fought a number of times? Or was that one time referencing the number of times they fought off panel?

Yes Rough-House is one of Wolverine rouges and he has fought him a number of times.

And what I'm saying is, from what I've seen, Logan's strength isn't all that great in all of his appearances. Unless it's just against Roughouse.

For starters that striking power not strength. And ones striking power is not base off of ones strength level that but a factor. This is very true in the real world as well. That why GSP has the strongest punch of record and he not even remotely close to the strongest UFC fighter or boxer. Wolverine shown crazy striking power feats and in actual strength is likely stronger then you think as well.

SamZED
Not trying to take anything away from the feat but Roughouse would be the "third part". We're talking about Tombstone and know for a fact that Spider-man has a hard time hurting him with his class 10 punches. Logan would have to hit harder than Spider-man in order for his attacks to have some effect. Only other option I see is presure point attacks, and from what we've seen they're not that usefull against TS.

Nietzschean
Originally posted by SamZED
Not trying to take anything away from the feat but Roughouse would be the "third part". We're talking about Tombstone and know for a fact that Spider-man has a hard time hurting him with his class 10 punches. Logan would have to hit harder than Spider-man in order for his attacks to have some effect. Only other option I see is presure point attacks, and from what we've seen they're not that usefull against TS. Wolverine has broken the Hulk's nose with his Adamantium skull.. nearly gave she-hulk a concussion. has ko'ed warpath with a knee iirc.. all b/c of the density of his adamantium skeleton as the may reason in numerous narration boxes.

he has also ko'ed Caliban

SamZED
Originally posted by Nietzschean
Wolverine has broken the Hulk's nose with his Adamantium skull.. nearly gave she-hulk a concussion. has ko'ed warpath with a knee iirc.. all b/c of the density of his adamantium skeleton as the may reason in numerous narration boxes.

he has also ko'ed Caliban Aware of all his feats.

But I still dont believe he can punch harder than an established class 10-20 character like Spider-man who himself has some insane punching feats. Yet TS is constantly shown to tank his blows.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by SamZED
Aware of all his feats.

But I still dont believe he can punch harder than an established class 10-20 character like Spider-man who himself has some insane punching feats. Yet TS is constantly shown to tank his blows.

I don't know man, both Cap and Wolverine have better striking feats than Spider-man, it's the benefit of skill and flawless technique. Not to undersell Spidy but there is a massive disparity in skill between him and characters like Cap / Wolverine / DD... who can say how much that skill increases their punching power? I'm the same height and weight as Rampage Jackson (actually... I'm two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier... I should have said Forrest Griffin I guess but whatever) but I bet conservatively he hits at least 10 times harder than I do... and that's just in the real world where martial arts aren't a boarder line magical deus ex machina ability. Assuming Spider-man is class 20, which would put him at 10 x the strength of Wolverine and Cap, I don't think the idea that their skill lets them throw punches that equal (and potentially exceed) Spidy's is too much of a leap.

SamZED
I don't know man, both Cap and Wolverine have better striking feats than Spider-man, it's the benefit of skill and flawless technique. Not to undersell Spidy but there is a massive disparity in skill between him and characters like Cap / Wolverine / DD... who can say how much that skill increases their punching power? I'm the same height and weight as Rampage Jackson (actually... I'm two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier... I should have said Forrest Griffin I guess but whatever) but I bet conservatively he hits at least 10 times harder than I do... and that's just in the real world where martial arts aren't a boarder line magical deus ex machina ability. Assuming Spider-man is class 20, which would put him at 10 x the strength of Wolverine and Cap, I don't think the idea that their skill lets them throw punches that equal (and potentially exceed) Spidy's is too much of a leap. But the strength gap between Spidey and Logan is bigger than between you and any living human. That's the difference, Logan's and Cap's skills certanly increase the effectiveness and strength behind their punches but make them more powerful than a class 10-20 attack? I doubt it tbh. Besides, its punches, there are only so many ways to throw a punch and not that hard to master. imo Spider-man has been fighting long enough to throw an ordinary punch like a pro. At his better days his punch created a shockwave that shattered concrete in a 20 foot radius. And while Cap and Logan maybe way more skilled than Pete I dont see them pack such a wallop.

Mindset
I don't know man, both Cap and Wolverine have better striking feats than Spider-man, it's the benefit of skill and flawless technique. Not to undersell Spidy but there is a massive disparity in skill between him and characters like Cap / Wolverine / DD... who can say how much that skill increases their punching power? I'm the same height and weight as Rampage Jackson (actually... I'm two inches taller and 20 pounds heavier... I should have said Forrest Griffin I guess but whatever) but I bet conservatively he hits at least 10 times harder than I do... and that's just in the real world where martial arts aren't a boarder line magical deus ex machina ability. Assuming Spider-man is class 20, which would put him at 10 x the strength of Wolverine and Cap, I don't think the idea that their skill lets them throw punches that equal (and potentially exceed) Spidy's is too much of a leap. No one on this planet hits anyhere close to 10x harder than you.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset
No one on this planet hits anyhere close to 10x harder than you. You're lying we both do.

Mindset
Well, I meant no regular human.

We are super human.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
No one on this planet hits anyhere close to 10x harder than you.

That's because I'm the strongest and toughest man alive, I was just being humble. cool

Seriously though man, I have seen some pretty huge differences in numbers on those strong man boxing machines that some bars have, and none of those guys are professional fighters.

Mindset
Those machines are pieces of shit.

Parmaniac
All that the strong man boxing machines show is a negative of someone's IQ.

Dum Dum Dugan
For starters Wolverine does not need to hit as hard or harder then Spiderman to win this. Pressure points could be effective. But even with out that, he vastly higher damage soak then Spiderman. He can stay in there with Tomb Stone for a very very long time. The hits will accumulate. And Tomb Stone would likely go down before he could overload Wolverine healing factor. Wolverine has higher damage soak then Tomb Stone and is much faster.

Tazer
Yo.

Look at your hand. Look at your fingers.

U realize that going by REAL LOGIC (as yur post suggests) Logan wouldnt be able to cut thru *half* of the things we've seen him go against, right??

tis better to just accept that they do wat they do & move on.

on that note, I think if Logan can affect guys much stronger than himself w/mere punches, then he should give Tomb pause w/his blows............but I dont think he'll be winning this fight simply slugging it out; Lonnies a bit too durable for that IMNSHO. he'll hafta use his ma-skillz, or else he loses here methinks.

Tazer

Horrificus
Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

U realize that going by REAL LOGIC (as yur post suggests) Logan wouldnt be able to cut thru *half* of the things we've seen him go against, right??

tis better to just accept that they do wat they do & move on.

on that note, I think if Logan can affect guys much stronger than himself w/mere punches, then he should give Tomb pause w/his blows............but I dont think he'll be winning this fight simply slugging it out; Lonnies a bit too durable for that IMNSHO. he'll hafta use his ma-skillz, or else he loses here methinks.

Tazer Ha!! Dude, I have been saying that on here for years. Logan, like Hulk, is a "Reality Bender"! Because, his BS just doesn't sell. Most of his activity takes place in the mind of a kindergartener. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.