Osama Bin Laden is Dead So...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
I want to see the pics?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
I want to see the pics?

You sick puppy. sick

RE: Blaxican
Shut up.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You sick puppy. sick Where can i find them?

Mairuzu
You can find the fake ones all over.... at least

inimalist
why do you want to see the pics?

Mairuzu
For the sake of evidence obviously

inimalist
Like the long form birth certificate then, no?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
Like the long form birth certificate then, no?

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
why do you want to see the pics? So he can have a justified, true, reliably produced belief in Bin Laden's death.

Haven't you ever read Alvin Goldman's paper on Internet Epistemology? "Pics and it happened, **** you Gettier"?

inimalist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So he can have a justified, true, reliably produced belief in Bin Laden's death.

Haven't you ever read Alvin Goldman's paper on Internet Epistemology? "Pics and it happened, **** you Gettier"?

I suppose that is true... no way to fake a photo

Colossus-Big C
didnt they have tons of pics of saddam hussein when they murdered him? there werent fake.

Shakyamunison
Where can i find them?

They don't want people to see the images because they might notice the freezer burn from all the years of cold storage after Tora Bora.

inimalist
didnt they have tons of pics of saddam hussein when they murdered him? there werent fake.

no, the video was recorded by a soldier and leaked

Colossus-Big C
im sure a soldier took some pics or video of osama.

Lord Lucien
And if he did? What's to stop you from simply saying "fake"?

inimalist
im sure a soldier took some pics or video of osama.

the entire raid was captured on video which was live streamed to the president

the difference is there has been no leak in this case, as seal team 6 seems to have much greater discipline than the soldiers who watched Saddam hang

again, why is it you want to see the pictures?

Lord Lucien
To prove he's dead. Anything less supports the conspiracy that bin Laden has either been dead for a long time, was involved in 9/11 and is actually being protected, or never existed in the first place. That last one's spooky.

Of course no matter what photo or video evidence is given, those people will always believe it's a conspiracy.

Mairuzu
Yeah. Those people. Those damn people!

Colossus-Big C

again, why is it you want to see the pictures? Omega vision and lucien pretty much summed it up as to why

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Of course no matter what photo or video evidence is given, those people will always believe it's a conspiracy.

So why bother? It's the birthers all over again.

Giving them proof wouldn't have shut them up back when it happened and it's absolutely not going to shut them up months after the fact.

inimalist
Omega vision and lucien pretty much summed it up as to why

you don't see Al Qaeda admitting Bin Laden was killed as proof?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Giving them proof wouldn't have shut them up back when it happened and it's absolutely not going to shut them up months after the fact. It will shut up some of them definitly even if not all, and having no proof of bin laden death would cause some people to become conspiercy theorist. I know many people who became conspiracy theorist for the simple fact that theres no pics of bin laden death.

inimalist

Giving them proof wouldn't have shut them up back when it happened and it's absolutely not going to shut them up months after the fact.

arguable

the birther thing did get enough mainstream press that simply dimwitted or non-politically conscious individuals began to think there might be some credibility to it. However, after the release of the long form, many people were actually satisfied, and the issue lost mainstream appeal.

sure, the hard conspiracy theorists wont believe it, but if the OBL death conspiracy ever became, say, an election issue, there might be a sizable number of people who the images would sway.

Though, I agree, the conspiracy is essentially among the true believers at this point, so releasing the photos would be meaningless.

Lord Lucien

Giving them proof wouldn't have shut them up back when it happened and it's absolutely not going to shut them up months after the fact. There isn't much point. Some people genuinely want to see proof before they accept a claim, and those people will appreciate evidence. Others just want to maintain the conspiracy for their own psychological dependency.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.