Do you think Qui Gon Jinn would have suvived the battle with the clones in ROTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
In Qui Gon had suvived in TPM & was still around in ROTS, do you think the clones would have killed him along with most of the other Jedi, or do you think he'd have suvived like Yoda & Obi Wan?

steverules_2
No

Charlie512
Well, if Qui-gon had survived, Order 66 probably wouldn't have happened since Anakin probably wouldn't have turned to the dark side and Mace would have sliced up Palps.

But in the scenario you describe. I would say it depends.
If Qui-gon was away on a mission and the clones attacked him he probably wouldn't have survived.

Now, if he was at the Jedi temple than it's possible Qui-gon would have had the foresight to get out of there or secure the temple when it was found out that Palps was Sidious. So there its uncertain.

On the other hand he could have have gone with Mace to arrest Palpatine. Depending on how much he progressed, he and Mace perhaps could have defeated Palps together.

focus4chumps
i think the whole purge of the jedi scene was silly. small army of stormtroopers take the jedi temple. RUBBISH!. the jedi i came to know in ben kenobi's reminiscence would have made a spartan stance against storm troopers. instead we get a 3 second hologram of anakin pwning students and readying up for some baby killing. really wtf....oh im hating again aint i? i cant help it :'( sorry everyone. continue...

imho topic stuff:yes/no quigon would have pimpslapped every stormtrooper but in the temple he would have been defeated by anakin, if he wasnt there he'd have survived. (was it really asking too much to see full blown darth vader win a quick duel with a jedi master?) damnit i did it again....sorry folks, its a tick of mine.

Charlie512
Originally posted by focus4chumps
i think the whole purge of the jedi scene was silly. small army of stormtroopers take the jedi temple. RUBBISH!. the jedi i came to know in ben kenobi's reminiscence would have made a spartan stance against storm troopers. instead we get a 3 second hologram of anakin pwning students and readying up for some baby killing. really wtf....oh im hating again aint i? i cant help it :'( sorry everyone. continue...

imho topic stuff:yes/no quigon would have pimpslapped every stormtrooper but in the temple he would have been defeated by anakin, if he wasnt there he'd have survived. (was it really asking too much to see full blown darth vader win a quick duel with a jedi master?) damnit i did it again....sorry folks, its a tick of mine.
I tend to agree. The purge of the Jedi temple should have been way more epic. Have that in the movie instead of Anakin-Padme puppy love scene.

The justification I believe is that the temple at the time is mainly full of padawans. All the Jedi being away on mission (all probably dead by now) and the last of the masters left at the temple killed off my Palps.

Although the whole even is ridiculous. As the Jedi temple should have been on lock down or evacuated. The Jedi knew the Supreme
Chancellor of the Republic, the guy who controlls the army of the galaxy is a Sith Lord, sword enemies of the Jedi. It's so unbelievable that they wouldn't have taken the necessary precautions against attack.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by Charlie512

The justification I believe is that the temple at the time is mainly full of padawans. All the Jedi being away on mission (all probably dead by now) and the last of the masters left at the temple killed off my Palps.

a valid point. its easily conceivable that palpatine would have had a hand in manipulating the situation and sending the jedi on wild goose chases, etc. my point is that if luke and leah and han can make clowns of them, and disciplined students far beyond their abilities cannot, whats that say about the old order?

Originally posted by Charlie512

Although the whole even is ridiculous. As the Jedi temple should have been on lock down or evacuated. The Jedi knew the Supreme
Chancellor of the Republic, the guy who controlls the army of the galaxy is a Sith Lord, sword enemies of the Jedi. It's so unbelievable that they wouldn't have taken the necessary precautions against attack.

in lucas's defense, he likes to sometimes shoot consecutive scenes which happen in the same window of time. that part was an easy pill to swallow imho.. though yeah you think they would have an insta-jedi-batsignal to put defenses on full and at least lock the damn front door ffs

DARTH POWER
Im sure a plan would have come together. Hanibal, I mean Qui-Gon would have survived. Only a Sith Lord or Batman can kill Liam Neeson.

queeq
laughing out loud

Charlie512
Originally posted by focus4chumps
a valid point. its easily conceivable that palpatine would have had a hand in manipulating the situation and sending the jedi on wild goose chases, etc. my point is that if luke and leah and han can make clowns of them, and disciplined students far beyond their abilities cannot, whats that say about the old order?

in lucas's defense, he likes to sometimes shoot consecutive scenes which happen in the same window of time. that part was an easy pill to swallow imho.. though yeah you think they would have an insta-jedi-batsignal to put defenses on full and at least lock the damn front door ffs

I noticed that too. It's simply an inconsistency that surpasses the logic of the movies. In the OT, Luke, Leia & Han had the thickest armor known in fiction; plot armor. If the heroes aren't meant to die they wont, even if it doesn't make sense. Yes it irked me too to see fully trained Jedi go down so easily in the PT and then see the clones become a joke.

Except this happened after the Jedi knew who Palpatine was.
Anakin told Mace, Mace told the Council members, at this point realizing the temple was in danger should have made plans to evacuate the place or secure it on lock down. Furthermore, they should have known they could not trust the clones anymore since they were under the command of a Sith Lord. They should have also contacted the Jedi across the galaxy and told them it was a code red or something.

queeq
The Jedi look pretty stupid in the PT anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.