Mr. Majestic Vs Mon-El W/Green Lantern Ring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Majestic has his swords. Mon-El has the ring.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/111713/2200272-gos6wcozorc_large.png

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/65157/1544448-monelgl_large.jpg

abhilegend
Mon-el or split.

Galan007
Imo the GL ring will lend Mon-El little to nothing--as Majestic's swords can quite literally cut/block ANY blast or construct he uses.

So with the ring essentially negated, I'd take Majestic for the majority. Stronger, faster, etc.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Galan007
Imo the GL ring will lend Mon-El little to nothing--as Majestic's swords can quite literally cut/block ANY blast or construct he uses.

So with the ring essentially negated, I'd take Majestic for the majority. Stronger, faster, etc.

What exactly do Majestic's swords do that make them so special?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What exactly do Majestic's swords do that make them so special? stops reality warps dead. IIRC forged from a fragment of a universe ending device. Shows up enough since its inception that you could consider it standard.

abhilegend
Didn't persuader's axe failed to cut rond vidar's shields in LO3W? Mon can snatch blades away from majestic too.

Digi
What exactly do Majestic's swords do that make them so special?

They were forged from Creation Wheel energies iirc (Wildstorm's version of the IG), so they're sharp and able to cut anything in an almost abstract sense.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by abhilegend
Didn't persuader's axe failed to cut rond vidar's shields in LO3W? Mon can snatch blades away from majestic too.

No. IRRC, I'm pretty sure he had to hack a lot (layers of shielding), but he was what eventually got the villains through. There's only ever been one time that I can recall that Persuader could not cut something and that was Brianiac 5's shields - only because after he cut they were designed to reform themselves instantly.

Originally posted by Digi
They were forged from Creation Wheel energies iirc (Wildstorm's version of the IG), so they're sharp and able to cut anything in an almost abstract sense.

thumb up

Originally posted by Uriel005
stops reality warps dead. IIRC forged from a fragment of a universe ending device. Shows up enough since its inception that you could consider it standard.

Interesting. Do these swords need to make contact with said energy? As badass as comic books try to make swords, they are limited in range and unless you are simply spinning in a circle don't cover you 360 degrees - and even then, you'd have to be spinning up, middle, down, and diagonally to cover you from most every side.

I'm not saying who wins, I'm just thinking that a Green Lantern can create tons of constructs that are out of line of sight with the ring - meaning if the swords need to make contact with them to cut them, why couldn't Mon-El bombard him from all sides?

OneDumbG0
^ Concerning the 360 degree thing, Zealot just held the edge of her blade out and blocked Captain Atom's handblast completely. It just caused the energy to split apart and disperse. Doesn't make much sense from a physics standpoint, but it's comics.

Galan007
Interesting. Do these swords need to make contact with said energy? As badass as comic books try to make swords, they are limited in range and unless you are simply spinning in a circle don't cover you 360 degrees - and even then, you'd have to be spinning up, middle, down, and diagonally to cover you from most every side.

I'm not saying who wins, I'm just thinking that a Green Lantern can create tons of constructs that are out of line of sight with the ring - meaning if the swords need to make contact with them to cut them, why couldn't Mon-El bombard him from all sides? I guess my next question would be: has Mon-El shown this type of creativity with the ring? If he has, then your point is well taken. However, even if that is the case, I'd like to add that Majestic is FAST (he can react by the nanosecond)--so with dual creation blades+his speed, he *should* be able to flay any energy attack or construct Mon-El throws his way. /shrug

Uriel005
Originally posted by Galan007
I guess my next question would be: has Mon-El shown this type of creativity with the ring? If he has, then your point is well taken. However, even if that is the case, I'd like to add that Majestic is FAST (he can react by the nanosecond)--so with dual creation blades+his speed, he *should* be able to flay any energy attack or construct Mon-El throws his way. /shrug I think the blades are more aura generation vs energy attacks. the nemesis blades were effective against Tao who was able to put down Max Faraday and Spartan IIRC before Majestic showed up with the blades to punk him...

Galan007
Eh, okay..? confused

Tazer
Yo.

if Mon-El used his Ring in non-construct ways (like GLs have done in the past), I can see him taking this rather easily................but based on how I saw him use his Ring in the comics I dont see that happening much/at all.

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.