The Flash vs Marvel Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
CIS/PIS off for the Flash.

vs

North Star
Quicksilver
Wolverine
Blob

Fight takes place in a closed arena the size of a football field.

Galan007
Lol.

Flash.

Uriel005
i would argue current new 52 could do it considering he outran omega beams. Though their speed is in question, if its the same as previous 52 then new 52 flash should still take it

quanchi112
Team wins.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Galan007 Lol. Flash.

iceman24567
Galan is right sometimes so i guess Flash wins

StyleTime
Look out Flash! It's Wolverine and Blob!

Slaanesh
this guys are a joke compare to the Flash..he win this easily..

Mindset
How fast is QS now, is he at least ftl?

nwg202
Flash stomps. don't know about new 52 flash and his feats though...he did better then superman against darkseid's beams.

JayDaDon
Pis/cis off is what seals the team's fate. Flash easily.

keiththegreat
North Star is FTL. He's pretty darn fast. I figure if he can distract the Flash for a fraction of a second, maybe Wolverine can get a hit in...

Uriel005
Originally posted by keiththegreat
North Star is FTL. He's pretty darn fast. I figure if he can distract the Flash for a fraction of a second, maybe Wolverine can get a hit in... lol no

Mindset
Wolverine via speedblitz.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Mindset

carver9

Uriel005
Wolverine via speedblitz. genius.

Prep-Man
Flash IMP punches them.

JakeTheBank

godking
CIS/PIS off for the Flash.

vs

North Star
Quicksilver
Wolverine
Blob

Fight takes place in a closed arena the size of a football field. QS on that team is the only minor threat to a flash with CIS/PIS of.

Uriel005
Originally posted by godking
QS on that team is the only minor threat to a flash with CIS/PIS of. maybe if he had mist amp.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
Lol.

Flash.

-K-M-
Flash wins

Originally posted by godking
QS on that team is the only minor threat to a flash with CIS/PIS of.

No Northstar is, he's faster and has other abilities other then speed.

keiththegreat
What's North Star's best speed feat? Does anyone know?

-K-M-
Clarify I meant faster then Quicksilver NOT faster then the Flash.

What's North Star's best speed feat? Does anyone know?

Lightspeed w/ Children of the Vault upgrade

Aurora is more powerful then her bro, but doesnt get much mention.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Flash IMP punches them. i don't recall him doing that after the reboot

Mindset
Originally posted by -K-M-
Clarify I meant faster then Quicksilver NOT faster then the Flash.

Lightspeed w/ Children of the Vault upgrade

Aurora is more powerful then her bro, but doesnt get much mention. Didn't QS have a lightspeed feat, recently?

JakeTheBank
He was racing radio waves or something, which are quantified as moving at the speed of light. Happening in Mighty Avengers, iirc.

-K-M-
What Jake said, but I have a feeling they meant it to be sound waves. Regardless on average Northstar has superior feats.

Mindset
He was already way faster than sound.

-K-M-
He was, but never near lightspeed or has shown anywhere close to those levels hence I feel they meant it as soundwaves in that instance. Isotope E QS was mach 10 max, but QS has been getting faster over the years but not enough.

Mindset
There is really no reason to think they meant soundwaves.

But, it doesn't matter, because what was written puts him at lightspeed.

-K-M-
So has he demonstrated lightspeed before or come close to it? No! So why would we readily accept that one scene then?

Mindset
Because he was already many times faster than sound, his powers have increased over the years, but most importantly, there is absolutely no reason to argue against an unambiguous showing.

Feel free to be wrong though.

-K-M-
As I said has he come close to lightspeed before that? No he hasn't. He has gotten stronger, but in that instance that was shown in Mighty Avengers it didn't say radio waves was his max speed, but that he was outrunning radiowaves. So even if the writer did mean sound waves he could still be running 5x the speed of sound, but that's still drastically different then lightspeed. Technically that would mean he is FASTER then the speed of light too as he was outrunning the waves

Show me some examples then Mindset prove me wrong. As what he has done and what he is stated to do completly contradicts that statement in Mighty Avengers.

Mindset
There is nothing to prove, he has done it.

-K-M-
Ok Mindset, show me his second best speed feat then. As if we go by that then QS is faster then the speed of light so that shouldn't be a problem for you right?

Mindset
I don't need to.

There's nothing to contradict that he can go ftl.

-K-M-
Concession accepted.

Mindset
If that makes you feel better.

Fact is, according to the actual comic, QS is ftl.

-K-M-
Correction if we go by that comic he is FASTER then lightspeed. However, thankfully other comics (even ones after this incident) state and shown that isn't the case though.

Mindset
Prove it.

-K-M-
Actually the burden of proof is on you to prove he is a true FTL speedster. Nice troll job though.

But you ask me to prove he hasn't gone or did anything close to lightspeed? Sure...he hasn't ta da.

Mindset
There is no burden of proof on me, the feat you want to throw out shows him to be ftl - my proof.

Until there's evidence to the contrary, he is ftl.

-K-M-
There is no burden of proof on me, the feat you want to throw out shows him to be ftl - my proof.

Until there's evidence to the contrary, he is ftl.

Sure, in Avengers Academy hasn't even come close to lightspeed levels or even stated as such and has been beaten people much much much slower then lightspeed.

As I said....

Show me some examples then Mindset prove me wrong. .

Ok Mindset, show me his second best speed feat then. As if we go by that then QS is faster then the speed of light so that shouldn't be a problem for you right?

but considering you said this I don't think you will be able to

I haven't read a comic since about half way through Messiah Complex.
Dated: Feb 28th, 2012 07:04 PM

nuff said.

Mindset
The feat in question proved you wrong.

Has he tried to go ftl, but was unable?

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

-K-M-
Actually they said he was a MACH speed runner, and in his official bios do NOT state he is a lightspeed runner. One comment saying he was outrunning radiowaves (which may have been an error), do NOT outweight direct feats and direct statements especially from what QS has done since that statement and before. That incident can even fall under the PIS forum rule as well.

Let's take a poll then....who actually thinks Quicksilver is FASTER then the speed of light?

EDIT: Speed outrun QS while he was holding Wiccan in Avengers Children's Crusade

Mindset
It hardly matters what individual posters on a site think.

The feat shows him to have the ability to run ftl. Unless there's evidence to the contrary, he can.

-K-M-
It doesn't now? So what's the point of this board then?

I mentioned examples

Mindset
To debate fictional characters.

Your examples don't show that he can't go ftl.

He traveled halfway around the world in 90 seconds.

-K-M-
To debate fictional characters.

Your examples don't show that he can't go ftl.

He traveled halfway around the world in 90 seconds.

He was outrun by a person slower then FTL.

yes and? Heck as I mentioned that can even fall under the PIS rule, as it was crucial to the story he didn't get the message.

again...

Let's take a poll then....who actually thinks Quicksilver is FASTER then the speed of light?

Mindset
Is this cont before or after MA?

And that speed puts him at around 7 times your earlier estimate of his top speed - mach 10. From the comic it looked like he did it casually.

Mindset
He has also dodged lighting easily, which can be around c/2.

-K-M-
Is this cont before or after MA?

And that speed puts him at around 7 times your earlier estimate of his top speed - mach 10. From the comic it looked like he did it casually.

After

I never said that was his top speed, that was when he had the Isotope E upgrade and then I mentioned he has been getting faster but not enough to be shown to be considered legit FTL.

He was, but never near lightspeed or has shown anywhere close to those levels hence I feel they meant it as soundwaves in that instance. Isotope E QS was mach 10 max, but QS has been getting faster over the years but not enough.

Mindset
But why not enough?

He has casually gone mach ~700 and ~ c/2.

-K-M-
He has also dodged lighting easily, which can be around c/2.

If your talking about the Thor incident, the lightening came through the ceiling and then went towards QS giving him lots of time to dodge. Nor do I think dodging lightening is THAT incredible as even Wolverine and Spider-Man have done it

As this time Aurora couldn't even come close to lightspeed and she did this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/Two-in-One084_18.jpg

-K-M-
But why not enough?

He has casually gone mach ~700 and ~ c/2.

Mach 700 is not FASTER then lightspeed, nor is c/2 and especially when people who don't have superspeed have dodged lightening attacks in comics before. He was outrunning radiowaves with EASE in the panel mentioned.

Mindset
It came to Mjolnir, then Thor shot it at him from about 4 meters away.

So Aurora, wouldn't need to be close to lightspeed to dodge them, however, if she did have lightspeed feats that would enforce the notion that she can go lightspeed.

Mindset
Mach 700 is not FASTER then lightspeed, nor is c/2 and especially when people who don't have superspeed have dodged lightening attacks in comics before. He was outrunning radiowaves with EASE in the panel mentioned. I never said it was faster than lightspeed. Ofc c/2, the speed of light divided by 2, is not faster than lightspeed.

The fact is that he is doing all this with ease.

Current QS's speed limits are ambigious, as he is doing all these things w/o breaking a sweat.

What characters have dodged lightning?

He has also traveled 8000km in a couple seconds.

-K-M-
I never said it was faster than lightspeed. Ofc c/2, the speed of light divided by 2, is not faster than lightspeed.

The fact is that he is doing all this with ease.

Current QS's speed limits are ambigious, as he is doing all these things w/o breaking a sweat.

What characters have dodged lightning?

I know, but it goes with my comment about him not showing to be much faster then the speed of light

he did the radio wave feat with ease, so that would mean he is MUCH faster then the speed of light. However, he has done nothing even close to this level before or after this feat to warrant him as a legit FTL runner. That feat can even fall under the PIS rule.

Wolverine, Daredevil, some morlocks (Storm's attack), Aurora, Moon-Knight, Spider-Man, Speed-Demon, Puck, anyone that fights Living Lightening, etc.

-K-M-
It came to Mjolnir, then Thor shot it at him from about 4 meters away.

So Aurora, wouldn't need to be close to lightspeed to dodge them, however, if she did have lightspeed feats that would enforce the notion that she can go lightspeed.

A hugebolt coming from the ceiling and Thor saying he is going to attack is a LOT of notice to dodge an attack

You used the lightening example to prove he is FTL, I'm saying it's nothing special. At that time, Aurora's cruising speed was mach 10;

Mindset
Well, even ignoring that, considering he is easily going mach 700, 800, etc with ease. I have no problem taking his on panel feat for granted. It's fine if you don't.

Mindset
A hugebolt coming from the ceiling and Thor saying he is going to attack is a LOT of notice to dodge an attack

You used the lightening example to prove he is FTL, I'm saying it's nothing special. At that time, Aurora's cruising speed was mach 10; No, I'm not using the lighting example as proof he can move ftl...since, you know, I was the one that said lightning moves at half the speed of light.

carver9
I like it when Mindset debates instead of acting like Chris Tucker. He has talent. Keep it going buddy.

-K-M-
Well, even ignoring that, considering he is easily going mach 700, 800, etc with ease. I have no problem taking his on panel feat for granted. It's fine if you don't.

Mach 700 and 800 is NOT faster then lightspeed.

mach 800 = 272 232 m / s

the speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s

See the difference?

-K-M-
No, I'm not using the lighting example as proof he can move ftl...since, you know, I was the one that said lightning moves at half the speed of light.

Yeah hence why Im saying why are you even bringing it up?

Mindset
Mach 700 and 800 is NOT faster then lightspeed.

mach 800 = 272 232 m / s

the speed of light = 299 792 458 m / s

See the difference? I'm beginning to think you aren't reading my posts.

-K-M-
I'm beginning to think you aren't reading my posts.

Ummm what? These are the example you are bringing up to justify the panel of him going faster then the speed of light is somehow legit.

There is a huge difference between the examples you posted and the speed of light. That's like me saying "QS can go mach 2, so that proves the lightspeed feat is legit" Your posting example that have no point to them.

Mindset
Yeah hence why Im saying why are you even bringing it up? I'm bringing to up because it lends credence to the idea that his speed is increasing in huge jumps.

Say mach 10 was his limit, which I believe you said it was not to long ago.

Now he casually breaks that limit 80x over.

With his rate of growth, in addition to him not showing an upper limit, although we will assume there is one, it's definitely impressive that he is ftl, but not so much so that we should write off what we see on panel because it doesn't mesh with our idea of what we think should be possible for him.

I wouldn't just assume he should be ftl without their because evidence, but there is.

Mindset
Ummm what? These are the example you are bringing up to justify the panel of him going faster then the speed of light is somehow legit.

There is a huge difference between the examples you posted and the speed of light. That's like me saying "QS can go mach 2, so that proves the lightspeed feat is legit" Your posting example that have no point to them. I'll refer you to the above post.

-K-M-
I'm bringing to up because it lends credence to the idea that his speed is increasing in huge jumps.

Say mach 10 was his limit, which I believe you said it was not to long ago.

Now he casually breaks that limit 80x over.

With his rate of growth, in addition to him not showing an upper limit, although we will assume there is one, it's definitely impressive that he is ftl, but not so much so that we should write off what we see on panel because it doesn't mesh with our idea of what we think should be possible for him.

I wouldn't just assume he should be ftl without their because evidence, but there is.

Those examples you posted were all around the time of the FTL panel.

No I didn't. (edit: read that wrong, but no isotope E was in the 90's)

Ok? never said he couldn't. Does that prove he is a legit FTL runner? Definetly not.

Ummm do you know the examples you posted happened? For your reasoning to work they would have to be years apart but they werent. Nor were your examples even CLOSE to FTL speeds, so thats a ridic jump in speed with no explanation or is he shown to be since that incident. It falls into PIS category.

Mindset
Those examples you posted were all around the time of the FTL panel.

No I didn't.

Ok? never said he couldn't. Does that prove he is a legit FTL runner? Definetly not.

Ummm do you know the examples you posted happened? For your reasoning to work they would have to be years apart but they werent. Nor were your examples even CLOSE to FTL speeds, so thats a ridic jump in speed with no explanation or is he shown to be since that incident. It falls into PIS category.
It's proven that he's FTL, because he did it.

I'm trying to work backwards in an attempt to make reason of it.

You did, you didn't, it hardly matters. The fact is he has had exponential speed growth from that time.

His running at ftl speeds show he a ftl runner.

My reasoning is that he had an exponential speed growth, the rate of growth did not have to remain constant. In fact, he could have already had the ability to be ftl while he was running at these mach 800 etc. speeds.

Every recent speed feat that he has is a "ridiculous" jump in speed.

-K-M-
It's proven that he's FTL, because he did it.

I'm trying to work backwards in an attempt to make reason of it.

You did, you didn't, it hardly matters. The fact is he has had exponential speed growth from that time.

His running at ftl speeds show he a ftl runner.

My reasoning is that he had an exponential speed growth, the rate of growth did not have to remain constant. In fact, he could have already had the ability to be ftl while he was running at these mach 800 etc. speeds.

Which is not really actually accepted by many people as it's nothing he has demonstrated before or after. As I said if it wasnt an error it falls into the PIS category. Take your pick

I didn't, I have read the issues you mentioned and know what QS has done. Actually as I mentioned those examples all happened around the same time and if I'm not mistaken the same writter (Dan Slott). As I said he has done nothing before or after the radio waves to warrant him as a legit FTL runner.

Unlikely, as he has been outmanuvered and outraced by people slower then FTL.

-K-M-
I don't see us changing each others minds, so I'll leave it at that.

Mindset
Who are these people?

guy222
guy222 stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.