6 Star Wars Episodes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
Can each of you say all 6 episodes in the order from your favourite to your least favourite? Mine are bellow.
1. Episode VI
2. Episode III
3. Episode V
4. Episode II
5. Episode IV
6. Episode I

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Can each of you say all 6 episodes in the order from your favourite to your least favourite? Mine are bellow.
1. Episode VI
2. Episode III
3. Episode V
4. Episode II
5. Episode IV
6. Episode I
Come on! I'd very much like to hear your opinions.

steverules_2
Episode X-7 mhmm

queeq
Huh?

darthmaul1

steverules_2
Originally posted by queeq
Huh?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by steverules_2
17??? 17 what?

queeq
The episode he's dreaming about.

steverules_2
It was a good episode, somehow vader was beheaded and yet still a live...

C-3POTheClever
The episode he's dreaming about.
What are the episodes in order from YOUR favourite to your least favourite. I'm just interested.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by darthmaul1
6 It's very unusural for 1 to be the 2bd favourite. That's usually the least favourite. But it is very common for empire to be the favourite!

JediRobin23

just kidding....

queeq
What are the episodes in order from YOUR favourite to your least favourite. I'm just interested.

1. ESB (of course)
2. ANH
3. ROTS/ROTJ
4. TPM
5. AOTC (by far the worst, but also one of the best looking...)

darthmaul1
It's very unusural for 1 to be the 2bd favourite. That's usually the least favourite. But it is very common for empire to be the favourite!

For me it's because of Maul and the lightsaber battles. and the memory that it holds cause this was the last movie we lined up for 8 hours for just to get tickets to opening a week later. did the same thing for Empire in 1980 lined up outside to get tickets, but that was for the show that day, and you always took the chance of it getting sold out before you got to the window. No more of that now.

-Pr-
1. Jedi
2. ESB
3. New Hope
4. Sith
5. Phantom Menace
6. Clones

queeq
Another fan of AOTC... wink

Charlie512
5, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2

Lord Shadow Z
1.ROTJ
2.ESB
3.ANH
4.TPM
5.ROTS
6.AOTC

queeq
AOTC ranks very low in general.

C-3POTheClever
AOTC ranks very low in general. On here it does appear to, but until here I mostly saw TPM as the least favourite. I think AOTC is bettter than TPM.

-Pr-
Another fan of AOTC... wink

I know people that actually walked out of it during that bloody scene in the field on Naboo. Visuals aside, It's definitely the weakest for me.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by -Pr-
I know people that actually walked out of it during that bloody scene in the field on Naboo. Visuals aside, It's definitely the weakest for me.
Yeah, I can't deny that the scene in the feild on naboo was pretty horrible. The rommance scenes were horendes, worse than anything in any other star wars film, but there are other stuff in AOTC that I really like. I think the action's cool, Christiphor Lee does a good job, seeing Yoda fight was good, the scenes with Obi Wan &the clones is enjoyable, so these other things make me like it, so minus the cheesey romance, etc, it's really quite good, a lot better than Phantom.

DARTH POWER
^ It's actually the ONLY Star Wars movie that did not blow me away first time I saw it. And I actually did not need to see it again. Unlike the others.

Ziggy22
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM

DARTH POWER
Wow I'm surprised how many people are putting ROTS below all 3 of the Originals.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Ziggy22
ESB
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
AOTC
TPM
That's what I would have thought most people's would be.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Wow I'm surprised how many people are putting ROTS below all 3 of the Originals. Which order woud you put them in?

Lord Shadow Z
I never really took much away from watching AOTC, it had few memorable flashpoints and 'moments' to really grab you. TPM had the podrace, the mystery of Maul, 3-way lightsaber fight (and the debut of the dual lightsaber).

ROTS kept me interested mainly in how they were going to handle the Anakin/DV transformation (for years I thought the Vader suit was a Sith initiation thing) and that kept me watching even though the hole in Grevious' background/story irked me throughout. The seduction to the dark side was okay, not necessarily the reasoning behind his willingness to tread the path but it was rushed, no doubt. The fights/confrontations were okay, didn't really have much variety there. What brought it down for me was the unreasonable extremes of emotion between Anakin and Obi-Wan with some dodgy dialogue going on and the comedic entry of DV into the PT left me speechless.

DARTH POWER
Which order woud you put them in?

It's really hard for me but I'll give it a go:

ROTS/ESB
ANH
ROTJ/TPM

AOTC

I had to leave a couple of spaces before I put AOTC, just to stress the others are all close for me but AOTC is clearly inferior to the rest imo.

Although I did like Dooku and seeing all the Jedi in action. But that wasn't enough to make it anywhere near as epic as SW movies usually are for me.

P.s. If we were to include the CW Movie I would have to leave about a hundred spaces embarrasment

queeq
AOTC is very pretty, but to me this film is pretty obsolete... it spends a lot of time on things that can be told in a minute and isn't all that important to the story. The only thing that could have been interesting is the identity of Syfo Dyas but nothing was done with that. So why bring him up in the first place.
AOTC is only relevant for Anakin falling in love with Padme, but that was so horribly done that I'd prefer to ignore it. So in the end, how much is AOTC worth? Not a lot.

When ROTS came out it suddenly made AOTC lousy and it made TPM a bit better for me.

DARTH POWER
AOTC is very pretty, but to me this film is pretty obsolete... it spends a lot of time on things that can be told in a minute and isn't all that important to the story. The only thing that could have been interesting is the identity of Syfo Dyas but nothing was done with that. So why bring him up in the first place.
AOTC is only relevant for Anakin falling in love with Padme, but that was so horribly done that I'd prefer to ignore it. So in the end, how much is AOTC worth? Not a lot.

Yes the only thing AOTC should get real credit for is special effects. I believe every scene in that movie was completely digital.

When ROTS came out it suddenly made AOTC lousy and it made TPM a bit better for me.

ROTS did made AOTC look very lousy.

As for TPM many people who were not fans found the whole political plot of TPM boring, not realsing that the man appointed Supreme Chancellor was a Sith Lord.

Of course all the fans realised this, but I think your wider movie audience did not. Palpatine for the most part came across as quite innocent in that movie alone.

After watching ROTS all the political stuff would have made a lot more sense to them. Even the name Phantom Menace makes more sense now.

C-3POTheClever

Of course all the fans realised this, but I think your wider movie audience did not. Palpatine for the most part came across as quite innocent in that movie alone.
I don't know. I thought straight away, he seemed like a bad guy. There was just something about him which had EVIL written all over him. When the Phantom menace finished however.. I did beleive he was quite inoccent, but just seemed evil.

queeq
I think TPM would have worked much better if they made it clear to the audience. Palpy playing both sides of his persona on Coruscant seems a lot more interesting to me that all this forced secrecy.

As you said, all the fans knew... Yet Lucas decided not to characterise him in the depth that he had available.

DARTH POWER
I think TPM would have worked much better if they made it clear to the audience. Palpy playing both sides of his persona on Coruscant seems a lot more interesting to me that all this forced secrecy.

Yes that's exactly what I always thought. It's like he expected the audience to watch Episode 3 before Episode 1!

Charlie512
It's really hard for me but I'll give it a go:

ROTS/ESB
ANH
ROTJ/TPM

AOTC

I use to like Rots a lot better before I realized how much Vader's turn sucked.

DARTH POWER
^ I actually really enjoyed the scene when Palpatine is convincing Anakin to just be open minded to the dark side smile

Ian McDiarmid's a brilliant actor.

Lord Shadow Z

As you said, all the fans knew... Yet Lucas decided not to characterise him in the depth that he had available.

thumb up Yeah, that's the thing isn't it. We knew but to anyone coming to SW for the first time is going to think 'what a kind old man' and by the time of ROTS he goes into full evil mode 'Arghhh! WTF? Why's he turning SLJ into grilled Jedi?', then realisation ' Oh, he's the Emperor...'

(I still think Windu survived that btw, could have landed in a Bacta tank factory. Completely plausible big grin ).

Lord Shadow Z
^ I actually really enjoyed the scene when Palpatine is convincing Anakin to just be open minded to the dark side smile

Ian McDiarmid's a brilliant actor.

Completely agree, his performance as the Emperor in the PT was scary, especially the way he spoke when he was trying to turn Anakin and then when his true nature came out when confronted by the Jedi. It reminds me of Jean Marsh's portrayal of Queen Bavmorda in Willow; same viciousness but in her case nothing was hidden behind a facade.

queeq
Such a great actor deserved a better fleshed out character IMHO.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
thumb up Yeah, that's the thing isn't it. We knew but to anyone coming to SW for the first time is going to think 'what a kind old man' and by the time of ROTS he goes into full evil mode 'Arghhh! Why's he turning SLJ into grilled Jedi?', then realisation ' Oh, he's the Emperor...'

No, I'm sure most of them can tell he's evil. As I said, when I first watched TPM, I thought he seemed evil straight away. I did beleive he wasn't though at the end of TPM. I think it's a good idea for him to appear to be good at first anyway, then you get a nice suprise, big plot twist.

queeq
The plot twist wasn't that great for starters, secondly all SW fabs knew who he was, thirdly it made him a rather superficial character until the plot twist and after that he was just a one dimensional gurgling evil dude.

DARTH POWER
thumb up Yeah, that's the thing isn't it. We knew but to anyone coming to SW for the first time is going to think 'what a kind old man' and by the time of ROTS he goes into full evil mode 'Arghhh! WTF? Why's he turning SLJ into grilled Jedi?', then realisation ' Oh, he's the Emperor...'

Only problem was, until the plot twist came in the very last movie those audiences were just getting bored through the whole political drama in Episodes I and II.

(I still think Windu survived that btw, could have landed in a Bacta tank factory. Completely plausible big grin ).

LOL Nice thought but I think Unless we here something official, like he's returning in the Live Action series, we can safely assume he died.

A guy who can defeat the Emporer, who unlike Yoda isn't getting too old, would do something more than just hide out.

queeq
He'd make a career as a guy named Jules.

DARTH POWER
^ And you would know which his Lightsaber is.. It's the one that says "bad m***** f*****" on it..

queeq
Indeed. the guy with the dead Jedi storage.

OB1-adobe
Hey kids,

It's been awhile. Howz everybody holding up?

Anyway here is my two cents:

ANH
ESB
ROTS
ROTJ
TPM
AOTC

My list hasn't changed in 7 years

I bought the blu rays the day they came out. Love them. I have nitpicks, but whatever. I don't think anyone wants to hear about those?

queeq
Hey OB1, wazzup?

And just shoot about the BD's, I'd listen to it.

OB1-adobe
Hey OB1, wazzup?

And just shoot about the BD's, I'd listen to it.

Oh you know, just keeping it real.

Blu ray nit picks:

Of all things the NOOOOOO, and any of the other changes didn't bug me. They were not necessary, but I think the pros out weigh the cons with this set

I didn't like R2's CGI parts in rotj, that could have done a lot better

Mostly it was nit picky technical stuff that got my hard on, or hard off.

There some seriously distracting stuff in 2004 dvd's that I'm glad was taken care of. I can watch death star escape now with shuddering at the tie fighter fighter boxes, Luke and vader's sabers in rotj look better.

Though like most people: I'm pretty upset that they didn't upgrade Luke's anh lightsaber training scene. It will be fixed for the 3D release, just watch.

Right now I'm finally chilling back and watching all of the extras. I watched some but not all. Now I'm watching all of them.

I think the whole Lucas film archives thing is a cool idea, and it's pretty entertaining to see the models and costumes. Even though whatever camera they used to shoot the beauty shots had two dead pixels.

At any rate you see how much work was put into these films, which helps suppress my own nerdy nitpicks because you just accept the films for what they are.

Sure they could probably look better and sound better, but I'm glad I bought it.

When I'm done watching the extras I have another treat to look forward too. I just bought the Godfather trilogy on blu ray. I've never seen them, but I'm looking forward to it.

queeq
Wow... then you are in for a treat. Excellent transfer that. Cherish it.

OB1-adobe
Wow... then you are in for a treat. Excellent transfer that. Cherish it.

I did cherish it. I really enjoyed it, all 3 of them.

Unfortunately I have to agree with the masses that part 3 was weakest. However I'm glad the series had a conclusion, and I liked how it was the culmination from Michael's actions in his life and how it ended up destroying everything around him, even when he was looking for forgiveness.

Just wish Robert Duvall's character was in it

Unlike some film franchises that get resurrected after many years like Terminator, and they try to continue it, shit happens, and then it gets left in Limbo.

queeq
Duvall refused to join the old team. Unfortunately...

Yes, it's very much a weaker episodes. It does have a few memorable elements though. Andy Garcia in a great role. Pacino's lovely line: When I thought I was out, they pull me back in. And his death at the end... subtle and tragic.

But GFII is still my favourite, what a great film that is. (Yes GFI is a cinematic highpoint, but to be able to top that with GFII - outstanding).

C-3POTheClever
My order has changed now. It's now what is bellow!
ROTS
ROTJ/ESB
AOTC/ANH
TPM

Kickballjedi
1. Episode VI
2. Episode III
3. Episode V
4. Episode II
5. Episode IV
6. Episode I

I would say
ESB- great story, character development and dramatic
ROTJ- good action, and the redemption of Vader is epic
ROTS- key storyline, well executed fights, shows the fall of Anakin
ANH- good introduction to the universe, fun characters
TPM- good pod race, good duel with Maul
AOTC- the first half is a mess, then the final 45 minutes turns into Apocalypse Now in space. Great war scenes but tough to get through the first 1 1/2 hour to the battle.

Vensai
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
I would say
ESB- great story, character development and dramatic
ROTJ- good action, and the redemption of Vader is epic
ROTS- key storyline, well executed fights, shows the fall of Anakin
ANH- good introduction to the universe, fun characters
TPM- good pod race, good duel with Maul
AOTC- the first half is a mess, then the final 45 minutes turns into Apocalypse Now in space. Great war scenes but tough to get through the first 1 1/2 hour to the battle.
I can agree with this. It's strange how AoTC turned out to be worse than TPM considering the second film was more relevant to the plot.

Galan007
ESB
RotS
RotJ
AotC
ANH
TPM

C-3POTheClever
My order is now:
ROTS
ROTJ
TESB
AOTC
ANH
TPM

Vensai
No, I'm sure most of them can tell he's evil. As I said, when I first watched TPM, I thought he seemed evil straight away. I did beleive he wasn't though at the end of TPM. I think it's a good idea for him to appear to be good at first anyway, then you get a nice suprise, big plot twist.
Did you watch the original trilogy beforehand. A lot of people correctly guessed he was the Emperor.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Vensai
Did you watch the original trilogy beforehand. A lot of people correctly guessed he was the Emperor. Well, tecnically yes, but that was when I was really little, so I didn't really understand them. When I was a bit older though, I watched the Phantom menace first, & it was more then that I was into Star Wars, & understood it.

Kickballjedi
The plot twist wasn't that great for starters, secondly all SW fabs knew who he was, thirdly it made him a rather superficial character until the plot twist and after that he was just a one dimensional gurgling evil dude.

I had several ideas for plot twists GL could've used instead of hand feeding the facts to us in the PT.

1) End the PT not knowing that Anakin was Vader. End the PT with Anakin turning evil, killing younglings or other Jedi, even showing the epic battle with ObiWan, but don't show him turning into, or Palpatine naming him, Darth Vader. The mystery of the OT wasn't that Vader was Luke's father, it was that Vader and Anakin were the same person. OB1 throws us off in ANH by saying Anakin was killed by Vader, this is why we were shocked when we learned Vader was his father. At least some of the mystery could've remained.

2) End the PT with the viewer not knowing Padme had the babies. This way we are surprised when we first hear Luke Skywalker's name in ANH. Then doubly shocked when we learn he has a twin sister who was also born/survived.

3) My last idea was to have Palpatine be like a Golem character, 2 sides of the same psyche. He might argue with himself when alone in his throne room. Of course, the "evil" side wins out in the end. That would've given Ian a broader range to portray. And after the first movie (and even more in the second because of Dooku both helping and working against Sidius) I thought maybe Palpatine and Sidius were two different people.

This is all for the sake of anybody who watches the movies 1-6 of course. I felt the PT took away any "plot twists" that happened in the OT.

Vader- "No. I am your Father"
Luke- "I know, I saw the OT"

queeq
Personally, I think Episode One should have started with Anakin and OB1 meeting as ambitious, young men. One a Jedi, the other a talented pilot. They are forced or assigned to fight together in the Clone Wars: a friendship grows... Anakin accepts training from OB1, shows exceptional talent as a padawan. And from here on, the fall begins. Something else than mother...

The whole development of Anakin should have spanned three movies during the Clone Wars. I think...

Kickballjedi
Personally, I think Episode One should have started with Anakin and OB1 meeting as ambitious, young men. One a Jedi, the other a talented pilot. They are forced or assigned to fight together in the Clone Wars: a friendship grows... Anakin accepts training from OB1, shows exceptional talent as a padawan. And from here on, the fall begins. Something else than mother...

The whole development of Anakin should have spanned three movies during the Clone Wars. I think...

This! Good one Queeg. That is exactly what I hoped when I first went to see Episode 1 in the theaters! I thought it would be a story similar to Ben Hur, with Anakin as the Messala character who turns on his older, wiser friend Ben Hur (OB1) to gain favor with the powerful Roman "Empire". In the grand finale, instead of the epic chariot race, they would have their duel where it appears OB1 has defeated Anakin and leaves him for dead... only to have Anakin reappear 20 years later as the evil enforcer for the Empire. <sigh> if only it could've been a storyline as powerful as that.

queeq
Yup... it was all there in the OT...

Kickballjedi
^ It's actually the ONLY Star Wars movie that did not blow me away first time I saw it. And I actually did not need to see it again. Unlike the others.

There were many things that hurt AoTC.

It started off okay, the assassination attempt on Padme was cool, the bounty hunter was cool. We saw a peek of the bad acting to come as Anakin was "uncomfortable" around Padme right off the bat.

Then the movie goes down the toilet via 2 horrible subplots-
the mysterious "poison dart"- give me a break! Obiwan spends days searching for a missing planet and finds out the dart was made on Kamino. Really!?!? A society built on cloning has some amazing engineers who redesign the centuries old technology of the dart.. and Obiwan learns this not from a library or even the Jedi archives, but a line cook at a local diner. Waste of time.

And the love scenes- some of the most uncomfortable, annoying, unemotional lines I've ever heard.

After this the movie actually gets back on track- the battle with Jango, the heroes gathering on Geonosis and fighting their way out of the pit, not bad. The sequence in the factory was a little forced, but I would forgive that if it were the only bad segment in the movie. And finally, the movie reaches Star Wars level once the Jedi start to battle the droids, then the clone army arrives to save the day.

I think most Star Wars fans gave the movie a chance, but those 2 horribly acted, horribly written, horribly developed subplots just ruined it.

Lord Lucien
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones is the worst thing ever made by a human. Except for the bagpipes.

"Why is it so bad" you ask? Well it will take a little while to explain because basically the answer involves every single thing in the film.

nmillwater33
1. Episode V
2. Episode IV
3. Episode VI
4. Episode III
5. Episode II
6. Episode I

queeq
Another thing about AOTC is that the few plot points gathered in this film (Syfo Dyas orderd the Clone Army but no one knows why, Jango fett is hired by Tyrannus, Tyrannus is revealed as a former Jedi, and the Genosians design the Death Star) have no bearing at all for the rest of the story:
1. Syfo Dyas's motives or the real story behind this order of Clones never leads to Palpatine (so why include this rather lengthy subplot if it serves no purpose)
2. Tyrannus died right at the beginning of ROTS, an unused and there useless character
3. The Death Star plays no part in ROTS and the fact that the Geonisians designed the DS is completely irrelevant for the OT

All in all AOTC is a completely OBSOLETE film. That's why I don't like it at all.

Lord Lucien
TPM at least served as something of an introduction, but AotC just felt... unnecessary.

queeq
VERY!

The only real plot points we needed was
A) Anakin falling in love, but that was so horribly done, that we should discard it as relevant scenes
B) That Clones were made. But why this intricate storyline, how important is it that we know all the ins and outs of the order of Clones and if it is, why don't get the full story.

Silly. Can't believe Lucas hired a writer to help him out on this one and still manages to produce such rubbish.

KyleAP
Empire Strikes Back 10/10
A New Hope 8/10
Return of the Jedi 8/10
Revenge of the Sith 5/10
Phantom Menace 2/10
Attack of the Clones 2/10

queeq
That's about my list, although I would rate ROTS with a higher grade than 5/10. ROTJ gets a 7/10 I think... saved by the excellent Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes.

C-3POTheClever
That's about my list, although I would rate ROTS with a higher grade than 5/10. ROTJ gets a 7/10 I think... saved by the excellent Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes.
I thought you gave TPM a 6 & AOTC a 5? They're the ratings you gave when I asked for everyone's ratings. Have you changed your mind on them or something?

C-3POTheClever
I agree that the Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes in ROTJ are what makes the film great. I'm not a huge fan of all the 'ewock stuff'.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by KyleAP
Empire Strikes Back 10/10
A New Hope 8/10
Return of the Jedi 8/10
Revenge of the Sith 5/10
Phantom Menace 2/10
Attack of the Clones 2/10 I'd go with this. RotS may not be good for being "dark", but it's at least good at being "dark". And I get a bit of a kick out of it.

That and Palpatine. He's delightful.

queeq
I thought you gave TPM a 6 & AOTC a 5? They're the ratings you gave when I asked for everyone's ratings. Have you changed your mind on them or something?

Did I? Must have been in my crisis days when I couldn't accept how bad the prequels were. I struggled with that for a while... Let's just say they haven't improved in my appreciation since the last time I graded them. wink

C-3POTheClever
Did I? Must have been in my crisis days when I couldn't accept how bad the prequels were. I struggled with that for a while... Let's just say they haven't improved in my appreciation since the last time I graded them. wink
Yes! Below is the quoute.
The Phantom menace 6/10
Attack of the Clones 5/10
The Clone Wars 5/10
Revenge of the Sith 8/10
A New Hope 8/10
The Holiday Special - a must-see horror movie
The Empire Strikes Back 9.5/10
Return of the Jedi 7.5/10

Well, I guess maybe it was in your crisis days. Do you stand by your rating for episode 3?

queeq
About, it might have dropped a point.

Salthasha
empire strikes back
a new hope
attack of the clones
return of the jedi
phantom menace
revenge of the sith

sweersa
They change slightly from time to time. I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and really don't see why people hate on them so much.

Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 1
Episode 6
Episode 5
Episode 2

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by sweersa
They change slightly from time to time. I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and really don't see why people hate on them so much. We have taste in movies that exceeds "horrible".

queeq
Hehehe... So, sweersa, why do you rate ESB so low?

sweersa
Hehehe... So, sweersa, why do you rate ESB so low?

It never did much for me, can't really put my finger on it though. It's a great movie, but compared to most of the other Star Wars films it doesn't stand out as much.

I did grow up watching Star Wars and ROTJ, and didn't see Empire until years later so that may have something to do with it. I didn't watch ESB much as a child.

queeq
So your childhood determines the likeability of a movie?

sweersa
So your childhood determines the likeability of a movie?

You could say it's nostalgic. If I enjoyed watching a movie or a TV show as a child I seem to enjoy it as an adult, where as some other movies my friends enjoyed as children that I never watches, don't seem as appealing to me when I see them.

Maybe that's why I enjoyed the prequel and original trilogy. I grew up watching both of them. big grin

Lord Lucien
I grew up to an extent with the Prequel trilogy. I liked it once, long ago. Put RotS at the top of the list too.

But then I developed a sense of discernment and the ability to judge films based on more than just nostalgic appeal/"ooh look at the lightsabers!"

queeq
When I was a kid Empire was not my favorite. But it became my favorite when it came out on video and I got to rematch them. I value it because it's the best told story of them all, is the most balanced story, has the best character development and the best performances from the actors. Just about everything is darn perfect on this one.

ANH is great but has cringe moments (like Toshi Station or the condo between Han en Luke after escaping the DS), ROTJ has the best opening and great scenes with Luke, Vader and the Emperor, but Ford is not great here, Fisher has a couple is extremely clumsy scenes and then there's the Ewoks.

Kickballjedi
When I was a kid, Empire was my favorite because of the AT-ATs. Period. I didn't care about Luke and his father, Han falling for Leia, C3PO getting blown apart.. those M$%#&@ F$^#%@ AT-ATs were insane on the big screen!

Many movies made around 1980 were so awesome for kids; ET, ESB, Blade Runner, Tron, The Black Hole, Superman, ST:Wrath of Khan, Raiders of the Lost Ark... just a great time to be a kid.

Shakyamunison

queeq
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
When I was a kid, Empire was my favorite because of the AT-ATs. Period. I didn't care about Luke and his father, Han falling for Leia, C3PO getting blown apart.. those M$%#&@ F$^#%@ AT-ATs were insane on the big screen!

Many movies made around 1980 were so awesome for kids; ET, ESB, Blade Runner, Tron, The Black Hole, Superman, ST:Wrath of Khan, Raiders of the Lost Ark... just a great time to be a kid.

Don't forget The Goonies!

PTforthewin
Lol a bunch of old pricks wtf are goonies

Lord Lucien
My God you're dumb.

queeq

Sith Master X
It never did much for me, can't really put my finger on it though. It's a great movie, but compared to most of the other Star Wars films it doesn't stand out as much.

First time I've seen someone other than myself feel the same way.

However, I will acknowledge that from a production standpoint itself, it was the best developed.

Aside from that, I just think it's good. Never quite placed ESB on the golden pedestal everyone else has. Aside from the last 30 minutes or so I don't find it to be very entertaining at all.

There was a time in the 90's where ESB wasn't as iconic as it is today.

The release of TPM had a lot to do with that, because people realized TPM had Jar Jar, ROTJ had Ewoks...and oh yeah, I guess the last real mature one was "ESB."

Fun fact, when ESB was first released, it received very mixed reviews. Amazing how time changes one's perception on things.

queeq
Indeed. But to be frank, it IS the best. Best acted, best directed, best storyline, best drama, best music. SW never got better than ESB.

beedubaya
V, III, VI, II, IV, I

queeq
Oooh... III on second place... that is daring.

And I do think ROTJ deserves a better spot than the outright horrible EPII... wink

overlold
They change slightly from time to time. I re-watched the prequel trilogy recently and really don't see why people hate on them so much.

Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 1
Episode 6
Episode 5
Episode 2 I thought episode 1 was pretty cool
much the same reason I like 5.
They have some really original planets. I also loved the game of TPM.

My friends say the prequels are bad because of reviews they read. Happy Dance

queeq
Oh I thought it was because they are boring, narratively flawed and sometimes horribly acted.

Lord Lucien
Oh I thought it was because they are boring, narratively flawed and sometimes horribly acted. What? No way! People who have negative opinions of the Prequels are only just copying the sentiment of reviews. That fact negates their criticism.

queeq
Ah, so that's where I got it from. wink

queeq
Of course.

C-3POTheClever
In 2016, my order is now....

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Revenge of the Sith
4. The Force Awakens (I've only seen TFA once, so this may change when I see it more)
5. A New Hope
6. Attack of the Clones
7. The Phantom menace

queeq
Okay.

I think ANH is too low and AOTC to high. wink

batman
Okay.

I think ANH is too low and AOTC to high. wink

Do you agree except for those 2? What order would you put them in?

queeq
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. ROTJ/ROTS/TFA
4. TPM
5. AOTC

Not really sure about the ranking of the no's 3 yet.

Darth Thor
^ Hey you've put TFA on par with ROTS? I'm surprised because I thought you loved TFA and hated the Prequels?

But I guess there's hope for you yet wink

queeq
Nope...

I think in the end TFA might end up just above ROTS. Just because it's more entertaining than ROTS.

Flyattractor
1.ESB
2.ANH or STAR WARS
3.ROTJ.
...all the rest I don't care.

batman
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Hey you've put TFA on par with ROTS? I'm surprised because I thought you loved TFA and hated the Prequels?

But I guess there's hope for you yet wink

The funny thing is... Loads of people who say they hate the Prequels actually seem to like ROTS. It mainly seems to be the first 2 Prequels that people hate. What order would you put them in now, Darth Thor?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by batman
The funny thing is... Loads of people who say they hate the Prequels actually seem to like ROTS. It mainly seems to be the first 2 Prequels that people hate. It's by default. It had more going on than the other two, and it was "DARK!", so by contrast it looked and felt better.

It is, but most people let that trick them in to thinking it's good.

queeq
The pacing in ROTS is a lot better than in the other two. It's more entertaining than AOTC and TPM. There's more Palpatine, who's great even with a fake rubber mask. And the whole storyline feels more focussed than the other two.

However, for me this movie falls flat on its face with the, IMO, totally stupid 'fall to the dark side' and its ridiculous and incredulous build up to that: "I wanna save Padme from maybe dying (maybe not, always in the motion the future is), so I warn my buddies that Palpy is the evil Sith Lord after visiting him, but oh-no you can't beat him without me (I might as well have taken him out right away then), so I kill my buddy Mace, pledge allegiance to Palpy and oh.... he doesn't know how to save Padme anyway. Shall I kill kids now? Okay...

And the fight between OB1 and Anakin: overlong and emotionally very monotonous. (and quite ridiculous with swinging and the mini floating droids).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by batman
The funny thing is... Loads of people who say they hate the Prequels actually seem to like ROTS. It mainly seems to be the first 2 Prequels that people hate. What order would you put them in now, Darth Thor?

Well those people should realise ROTS is a Prequel, before they bash the "Prequels" in general. I think with TPM and AOTC they were "you either loved them or hated them" kind of movies.

Hard to rank. I feel the first 6 Episodes are all smaller parts of 1 Epic Story. But these ones are more certain for me: ANH on top. AOTC on bottom. TFA 2nd to bottom.

queeq
I agree with the hard placing. Basically you only need ROTS. TPM and AOTC don't add a whole lot to the overall story.

But in fact, we don't need the PT at all to 'get' the OT. We got by very well for some 15 years.

C-3POTheClever
I think with TPM and AOTC they were "you either loved them or hated them" kind of movies.

Not for me. I don't hate them. I do enjoy them, & like them for what they are, but I wouldn't say I "love" them.

queeq
Just another flick? wink

C-3POTheClever
What?

queeq
You like 'em but not love 'em... Just another flick then?

Beniboybling
Well...

#1 The Empire Strikes Back
#2 Revenge of the Sith
#3 A New Hope
#4 Return of the Jedi
#5 The Force Awakens
#6 The Phantom Menance
#7 Attack of the Clones

Would be my order as it stands.

queeq
Okay.

Beniboybling
smile

queeq
Hey, I don't agree with it. But your list makes sense. wink

EmperorSidious2
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Attack of The Clones
5. A New Hope
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. The Phantom Menace

ares834
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Attack of The Clones
5. A New Hope
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. The Phantom Menace

sick

Beniboybling
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Attack of The Clones
5. A New Hope
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. The Phantom Menace Oh dear

Darth Thor
^ I know right? I mean TFA as the 2nd best SW film? What's ES2 thinking?

Beniboybling
Silly thoughts. smile

queeq
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. The Force Awakens
3. Return of the Jedi
4. Attack of The Clones
5. A New Hope
6. Empire Strikes Back
7. The Phantom Menace

Hmm... that must be the weirdest list ever... laughing out loud

C-3POTheClever
You like 'em but not love 'em... Just another flick then?

I guess....

queeq
Hehehe.

EmperorSidious2
^ I know right? I mean TFA as the 2nd best SW film? What's ES2 thinking?

My opinion. Different films interest different people Darth.

quanchi112
^ I know right? I mean TFA as the 2nd best SW film? What's ES2 thinking? He has the right to his own opinion. Quit raging at a difference of opinion.

queeq
Arguments is what we want.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by quanchi112
He has the right to his own opinion. Quit raging at a difference of opinion.

Wow. That's a first.

Darth Thor

I was joking ES2. The others were making fun of you having ANH and ESB so low, and a Prequel at the top, so I was being sarcastic saying "I know Crazy list right with TFA at no.2!"

And Quanchi's Retarded if his post was directed at me. Either that or he's still crying and raging himself at how badly I've humiliated him laughing out loud

quanchi112
Arguments is what we want. As if you have to tell me that.

quanchi112
Wow. That's a first. Darth Thor's absolute hatred of the new Star Wars movie had made him rage out at any plus voiced by any fan over this film.

queeq
Originally posted by quanchi112
As if you have to tell me that.

You certainly have a way to antagonise people.

EmperorSidious2
I was joking ES2. The others were making fun of you having ANH and ESB so low, and a Prequel at the top, so I was being sarcastic saying "I know Crazy list right with TFA at no.2!"

And Quanchi's Retarded if his post was directed at me. Either that or he's still crying and raging himself at how badly I've humiliated him laughing out loud

Ohh rolling on floor laughing. My bad Darth.

C-3POTheClever

I was under the impression, he was being sarcastic.

queeq
Really? wink

relentless1
1. Revenge of the Sith
2. Return of the Jedi
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. The Force Awakens
5. Attack of the Clones
6. The Phantom Menace
7. A New Hope

relentless1
its funny, I always got the impression that George told the actors to act wooden; like as if he was trying to evoke a bygone era in the PT...I think back to Queen Amidalas forced and awkward sounding delivery and I can't fathom her coming up with that weird inflection on her own..It would make sense however for the Jedi to be monotone I suppose...they were sexless monks after all. And Hayden Christensen always gets flack for his portrayal of Anakin but again; GL wanted him to act like a petulant child and thats what comes across on screen in ep 2; I find him much more enjoyable and even likeable as a character in ROTS (the beginning anyways)

queeq
I doubt that George asked them to act 'wooden'. However when you see him direct the actors in de making of documentaries, he does direct how they should pronounce and stress certain words in a particular way he has in mind.

Some would call that bad directing because you're not really letting the actors do the work. But hey, if that's what you want, that's what you get. And in reality it's wooden acting...

relentless1
yeah i suppose but most, if not all of the actors in the prequels have done great acting in other films so its not as if they are bad actors, they were directed a certain way and that reflected in their performances

Lord Lucien
Any actor can suck occasionally. But across the board, over 3 films, and multiple actors? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was probably shitty direction.

Dude111
I only agnoledge the origianl 3 movies smile

Star wars 1,2 and 3 smile

queeq
I acknowledge proper spelling of words in English.

Dude111
Yes I just noticed I made a mistake but I cant correct it sad

queeq
Nope. It will be there until the end of time.

C-3POTheClever
In 2021 my new order is:

Revenge of the Sith
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Rogue One
A New Hope
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace
The Rise of Skywalker
The Last Jedi
Solo
The Clone Wars movie

What is your current order now?

Blakemore
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi (I only put this above A New Hope because of the golden bikini and the ending)
A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones

I haven't seen the rest and I don't care. It's obvious Lucas was embarrassed that after Empire became so successful and his wife started blabbing about how she saved the first one through editing he panicked and tried to rehash his toys and pretend there were some hidden meaning behind them. You can see this in Return of the Jedi. Death Star is back, more speed racers, more puppets, more lightsabers and less actual character development.

When the Phantom Menace came out it looked like something George was originally planning where some weirdo befriends puppets to fight a war while he defeats the bad guy/saves the queen. Everyone hated it so he tried to copy Empire and failed spectacularly, so Revenge of the Sith came out and as far as I can tell, people only liked it because Darth Vader was in it. The rest is just filler.

As for the sequels, they're doing the same thing of shoving shit in the frame to sell toys to kids but focusing on the things people liked from the original trilogy (specifically, Luke, Leia and Han). Unfortunately, they made the same mistake by focusing on the toys and not the characters.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>