Team Marvel vs Team JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Superman
WW
MM
Captain Marvel
Black Adam
Aquaman
Flash - Wally
GL - Kyle
Dr Fate - Hector Hall

vs

Thor
Sentry
SS
Dr Strange
Gladiator
Black Bolt
Captain Mar-vell
Ghost Rider
Count Nefaria

Batman-Prime
Superman vs Thor - Stalemate
WW vs Black Bolt- Stalemate or WW
MM vs Gladiator - Stalemate
Captain Marvel vs Sentry - Stalemate
Black Adam vs Count Nefaria - Stalemate
Aquaman vs Ghost Rider - GR (depends on the Aquaman version and where they fight)
Flash - Wally vs Captain Mar-vell - hmm, stalemate or even Marvel
GL - Kyle vs SS - 6/10 SS
Dr Fate - Hector Hall vs Dr Strange Stalemate

Marvel wins this.

guy222
evening buddy

and yes marvel wins

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Batman-Prime Superman vs Thor - Stalemate WW vs Black Bolt- Stalemate or WW MM vs Gladiator - Stalemate Captain Marvel vs Sentry - Stalemate Black Adam vs Count Nefaria - Stalemate Aquaman vs Ghost Rider - GR (depends on the Aquaman version and where they fight) Flash - Wally vs Captain Mar-vell - hmm, stalemate or even Marvel GL - Kyle vs SS - 6/10 SS Dr Fate - Hector Hall vs Dr Strange Stalemate Marvel wins this.

too many stalemates. mm mindrapes gladiator. id say dc for a small majority.

tkitna
Marvel wins

Cogito
What TP resistance do Gladiator and Marvell have?

Also Fate could easily BFR most of Team 2 and they'd have no chance of getting back (as he did in V&V).

It's pretty close, but I'd give Team 1 the slight edge due to Fate (even without BFR). If you match them up individually though, Team 2 would probably win most of the matchups.

tkitna
Originally posted by Cogito

Also Fate could easily BFR most of Team 2 and they'd have no chance of getting back (as he did in V&V).

Whats stopping Strange from BFR'ing team 1? I'm just not getting this argument. It can work both ways.

Stoic
In these team matches it's so funny to see people saying things like this character would do this, and this, and this to so many characters, without realizing that the character that would be doing all of that would have their hands full with an opponent of near or greater power than themselves. This type of thought is SMH worthy.

Glorificus
Marvel takes the majority.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by tkitna Whats stopping Strange from BFR'ing team 1? I'm just not getting this argument. It can work both ways.

dr. fate. and he has actually used that tactic.

Bouboumaster

Tony Stark

Batman-Prime

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Superman is the equal of those you named. And AQ is badass if he wants to, AQ with waterhand would own GR in water ^^.

After Gladiator saw Aquaman his confidence would reach a new record high level for him and he would then solo all of the JLA

stick out tongue

-Pr-

carver9
TP isn't stopping Gladiator.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
TP isn't stopping Gladiator.

It has before.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
It has before.

Not anymore though. He has resisted both Rachel and Jean Grey.

-Pr-
Not anymore though. He has resisted both Rachel and Jean Grey.

Recently?

Doon
Marvel takes this.

carver9
Recently?

Yes.

Prep-Man
aquaman summons a sea monster then eats up marvel as a snack.

-Pr-
Yes.

Issue numbers?

carver9
Issue numbers?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2394/50988699.th.jpg http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2844/71744606.th.jpg

-Pr-
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2394/50988699.th.jpg http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2844/71744606.th.jpg

Thought it was that. You just like ignoring context, huh?

carver9
Thought it was that. You just like ignoring context, huh?

Lol...he resisted a telepathic attack.

-Pr-
Lol...he resisted a telepathic attack.

No, he resisted an illusion and figured out that it wasn't real, because Rachel Grey screwed up. It's not nearly the same thing as what Aquaman or J'onn would do to him.

And then there's what Cassandra Nova did.

carver9
No, he resisted an illusion and figured out that it wasn't real, because Rachel Grey screwed up. It's not nearly the same thing as what Aquaman or J'onn would do to him.

And then there's what Cassandra Nova did.

Why can't you just let me feel like my character is immune to TP? It doesn't hurt anything. He is immune Pr.

Let's change the subject...who do you think will win this fight.

-Pr-
Why can't you just let me feel like my character is immune to TP? It doesn't hurt anything. He is immune Pr.

Let's change the subject...who do you think will win this fight.

When you prove he's immune, he'll be immune.

Don't know.

JakeTheBank

Ha ha, the desperation in this quote is lulz worthy.

carver9
Lol...I showed him a scan but he doesn't want to accept it. I'm trying to find that encounter between him and a Phoenix Jean Grey.

-Pr-
Lol...I showed him a scan but he doesn't want to accept it. I'm trying to find that encounter between him and a Phoenix Jean Grey.

Your scan wasn't a scan of what you said it was.

JakeTheBank
I envy you, Carver. You just imagine things and accept your own suppositions as fact without feeling the need to back your claims up with proof or even logic.

It must be nice.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I envy you, Carver. You just imagine things and accept your own suppositions as fact without feeling the need to back your claims up with proof or even logic.

It must be nice.

Lol...Jake, come on buddy...you know I always provide scans.

tkitna
Originally posted by Prep-Man
dr. fate. and he has actually used that tactic.

So Dr. Strange has never BFR'd anybody?

JakeTheBank
Not to mention Thor can BFR people too and bring them back as well...

I don't see BFR as a likely victory for either team, tbh.

"Id"
Superman vs Thor : Thor
WW vs Black Bolt: Black Bolt
MM vs Gladiator: Martian
Captain Marvel vs Sentry: Sentry
Black Adam vs Count Nefaria: ??
Aquaman vs Ghost Rider: Ghost Rider
Flash - Wally vs Captain Mar-vell: Flash
GL - Kyle vs SS: Surfer
Dr Fate - Hector Hall vs Dr Strange: Dr. Fate assuming its the current Strange.

-Pr-
Lol...Jake, come on buddy...you know I always provide scans.

It's not providing scans that's the problem; it's providing relevant ones to your point.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by tkitna So Dr. Strange has never BFR'd anybody?

i didnt say that, just saying that fate has bfr multiple opponents at once in his own dimension. example, some of the jla in virtue and vice. fate brings more power on average, thanks to the helm of fate. its seriously one of the most powerful artifacts in comics.

carver9
It's not providing scans that's the problem; it's providing relevant ones to your point.

Lol...how did I know this wasn't over with. I provide relevant scans, some people just see it different (need to out your glasses on) than I do.

-Pr-
Lol...how did I know this wasn't over with. I provide relevant scans, some people just see it different (need to out your glasses on) than I do.

Because you keep bringing it on yourself.

My glasses only go on when I'm trying to hide my secret identity from the public.

Do you have any scans of Gladiator resisting a telepathic attack? An actual attack, not an illusion, because they are different things.

Uriel005
Lol...I showed him a scan but he doesn't want to accept it. I'm trying to find that encounter between him and a Phoenix Jean Grey. thats not immunity thats recognizing it wasn't real. if rachel wasn't such a psychic failure Gladiator would have been stuck until kingdom come.

Bouboumaster
Superman is the equal of those you named.

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that both Surfer and Thor posses the tools to beat Superman, by exploiting his weaknesses.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
I'd agree, if it wasn't for the fact that both Surfer and Thor posses the tools to beat Superman, by exploiting his weaknesses.

And Superman posses the tools to take them down. no expression

Stoic
I've been wondering about a few things. How do you figure out which opponent takes on the other opponent? Would they naturally gravitate towards whomever they thought would be the easiest target? What about wild card moments? What I mean when I say wild card moments, is what if Wonder Woman took on Sentry, and got him all wrapped up in her lasso, and the unforeseen happens? The lasso becomes a catalyst that makes him Void out on her. What happens if Bob becomes the biggest threat on the field, and begins rendering everyone in sight to molecules? Would anyone be able to stop him?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic I've been wondering about a few things. How do you figure out which opponent takes on the other opponent? Would they naturally gravitate towards whomever they thought would be the easiest target? What about wild card moments? What I mean when I say wild card moments, is what if Wonder Woman took on Sentry, and got him all wrapped up in her lasso, and the unforeseen happens? The lasso becomes a catalyst that makes him Void out on her. What happens if Bob becomes the biggest threat on the field, and begins rendering everyone in sight to molecules? Would anyone be able to stop him?

flash via speed force dump.

Stoic
flash via speed force dump.

But is this tactic certain to stop Sentry if the above happened? Also how is the Flash going to deal with another opponent if his hands are filled with the one that he has to dispatch first? Let's not forget that many of these guys can drag their opponents out into the reaches of space for a more intimate tussle.

I mentioned this before. How is one guy doing this and this, and this, to a field of characters when they are preoccupied with the opponent in front of them? None of these guys are light weights, nor are any of them impossible to be defeated. For all we know the Flash may be KO'd, because his opponent took him out with an earth shaker.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic But is this tactic certain to stop Sentry if the above happened? Also how is the Flash going to deal with another opponent if his hands are filled with the one that he has to dispatch first? Let's not forget that many of these guys can drag their opponents out into the reaches of space for a more intimate tussle. I mentioned this before. How is one guy doing this and this, and this, to a field of characters when they are preoccupied with the opponent in front of them? None of these guys are light weights, nor are any of them impossible to be defeated. For all we know the Flash may be KO'd, because his opponent took him out with an earth shaker.

depends on how flash does things. if he moves in and out of the speed force, sentry wont be doing anything to him.

Stoic
But Flash may not be fighting Sentry, he may be fighting Gladiator, or the Silver Surfer. You see what I mean?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic But Flash may not be fighting Sentry, he may be fighting Gladiator, or the Silver Surfer. You see what I mean?

he fights who i say he fights! seriously, an all out floash could take multiple targets. he moved so fast that not even pre crisis characters could see him. and he lended them speed as well.

Stoic
he fights who i say he fights! seriously, an all out floash could take multiple targets. he moved so fast that not even pre crisis characters could see him. and he lended them speed as well.

So can Gladiator.

JakeTheBank
Multiple people here can and have battled more than one person at a time.

Stoic
Gladiator was moving very fast in this comic here, and was unaided by anything.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
So can Gladiator.

Those pre-crisis characters were much, much stronger and faster than Gladiator.

Bouboumaster
And Superman posses the tools to take them down. no expression

Not as easely as Surfer or Thor can bring Sups down.

Prep-Man
Not as easely as Surfer or Thor can bring Sups down.

Like in JLA/Avengers? wink

Stoic
Let's look at the weak links first off to see which team would be the first to double team.

Superman = Strong all around, but may be exploited by Surfer, or Ghost Rider.

WW = No glaring weaknesses found, except that there may be others on team two that are more powerful than she is.

MM = Fire?

Captain Marvel = No glaring weaknesses found

Black Adam = No glaring weaknesses found

Aquaman = Quite possibly the weakest character on the field, as well as being one of the slowest in term of on land travel speed.

Flash - Wally = Durability issues

GL - Kyle = Solid tank/mage, may have trouble with the physically dominant

Dr Fate - Hector Hall = Quite possibly the most powerful character on the DC field (possibly)

vs

Thor = No glaring weaknesses found except for psi attacks but can resist, as was seen with Glory.

Sentry = Weakness. His mind, but this could work against the one messing with his mind as well. Approach with caution.

SS = No glaring weaknesses

Dr Strange = Same as Fate

Gladiator = No glaring weakness except for the fact that he is a faith based character, and could be exploited in this way by a strong enough psi talent.

Black Bolt = No glaring weaknesses, except for the fact that there are physically superior characters than he is on team DC.

Captain Mar-vell = Same as Black Bolt

Ghost Rider = Depending on who he fights, he may be able to put them down as soon as he makes eye contact.

Count Nefaria = Questionable stamina issues, but is every bit as powerful as Superman without the weaknesses.

Looking deeper into this, I would think that Aquaman is the weak link among a field of powerhouses, and could see him losing to anyone on the Marvel team. This would open up the first double team.

In my opinion, Marvel would win this by the slimmest of margins.

Bouboumaster
Like in JLA/Avengers? wink

How about Surfer? What if he scans Sups, discover his weaknesses, and just drop him?

Superman, IMO, is the third force after Surfer and Thor, and for only two reasons:
1- He don't have the versatility that the two others got;

2- He got weaknesses, that the two others can use to their advantage. And if Thor can't detect them, Surfer can. He can either take out the yellow sun energy from Sups, or beam him up with red sun energy.
Thor on the other hand got his magical mallet on hand. And if the other two have their hands full (but seriously, if Surfer can detect his weaknesses, why on Earth would he go against an other foe?), Ghost Rider and Strange are powerful magic user two.

Because Surfer is in the match, Sups is kind of a weak link.
Best hope for team 1 is if team marvel fight like a retard.
In a forum fight, Surfer goes at Sups, **** him up, and then proceed to tag team peeps with his partner.

-Pr-
How about Surfer? What if he scans Sups, discover his weaknesses, and just drop him?

Superman, IMO, is the third force after Surfer and Thor, and for only two reasons:
1- He don't have the versatility that the two others got;

2- He got weaknesses, that the two others can use to their advantage. And if Thor can't detect them, Surfer can. He can either take out the yellow sun energy from Sups, or beam him up with red sun energy.
Thor on the other hand got his magical mallet on hand. And if the other two have their hands full (but seriously, if Surfer can detect his weaknesses, why on Earth would he go against an other foe?), Ghost Rider and Strange are powerful magic user two.

Because Surfer is in the match, Sups is kind of a weak link.
Best hope for team 1 is if team marvel fight like a retard.
In a forum fight, Surfer goes at Sups, **** him up, and then proceed to tag team peeps with his partner.

There's a lot of assumptions in that post.

DarkSaint85
Indeed. By the same assumptions, Marvel/Adam have the Wisdom of Solomon and Zehuti, and use it to discover their opponents weaknesses....

And with regards to Flash being taken out...this is KMC Flash!!!!! He speed steals his opponents, a sure-fire way of enabling him to double team someone else. Then it just snowballs from there.

Imagine him lending speed to Aquaman, who now does superspeed telepathy.....

Placidity

Looking deeper into this, I would think that Aquaman is the weak link among a field of powerhouses, and could see him losing to anyone on the Marvel team. This would open up the first double team.

Actually, if Flash is taking anyone out it will be done very quickly, so DC would actually be the first one for the double team, or at least be on equal numbers.

There really is no place for Flash in debates if we are considering him at his best and without PIS, he would knock out half the team before they know whats up. I know most DC supporters know this is true however they probably don't say it for fear of sounding like a fanboy.

-Pr-
Aquaman = Quite possibly the weakest character on the field, as well as being one of the slowest in term of on land travel speed.

He has telepathy, and his ability to get around is no worse than someone like, say, Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.